**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

Mags said:

So just to confirm, as of act 6 going forward, you have phased out those champions you refuse to release in 5* or 6* versions?

You know who I'm talking about.. Thor, Scarlett Witch, Wolverine, etc.

I read these forums daily, and have yet to see anything from a mod stating a reason why you won't release them.. it's almost laughable how blatantly the topic is ignored. But that's another topic, for another day, and I'm done holding my breath waiting for a reason.

How about a nod or a wink in reply to this one? Are the original fan favorite gods of old (post nerf obviously) being phased out? Leaving us hanging is much worse than just responding.

We've started slowly rolling out some of these Champions, and are always looking to see if we're in a place where those Champions can safely be released. We don't currently have plans to release these Champions, but as you can see from the release of Black Widow, Electro, etc., this could change.
    So no Mutant Crit team in Act 6 ever. That's stupid.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    DukeZman said:

Mags said:

So just to confirm, as of act 6 going forward, you have phased out those champions you refuse to release in 5* or 6* versions?

You know who I'm talking about.. Thor, Scarlett Witch, Wolverine, etc.

I read these forums daily, and have yet to see anything from a mod stating a reason why you won't release them.. it's almost laughable how blatantly the topic is ignored. But that's another topic, for another day, and I'm done holding my breath waiting for a reason.

How about a nod or a wink in reply to this one? Are the original fan favorite gods of old (post nerf obviously) being phased out? Leaving us hanging is much worse than just responding.

We've started slowly rolling out some of these Champions, and are always looking to see if we're in a place where those Champions can safely be released. We don't currently have plans to release these Champions, but as you can see from the release of Black Widow, Electro, etc., this could change.
    So no Mutant Crit team in Act 6 ever. That's stupid.
    totally not wat was said.

NOT YET is wat was said.
    Maybe, Maybe not.
    but NOT YET
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    I have 30 5* and 2 6* from all of them due to RNG i have only 3 decent champions. Why are you punishing people who are unlucky in champion pulls by locking act6 to only 5-6* champions? Do you expect me to spend 4000$ only to try to get usable champions to enter act 6? What happened to using skill to play the game?
    Kabam, your greed just demotivated me to play your game and i can say that a lots of people are feeling the same.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    It’s truly incredible. With being unable to use my 4* Quake, my hype just went from 100-0 in 1 second flat.

See you in 5 years act 6. Maybe. I have to have gotten a 5* one by then right. Right?
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    nilaebran said:

Act6 is not for noobs and people will probably have to handle it the hard way.. Don't have 5* heimdall? Wait for him or don't try to cheat death at all, find other ways.. Can't dash back? Don't use starky (ghost will probably still smash it).. You need 100 revives to finish a path? Stash them, grind arena for units or buy them with money, act6 isn't going anywhere.. We'll face 23-28k pi champs and you're complaining about 4*.. Would like to see how many of those complaining about 4* used any 3* in act5, even if for synergy purposes only..

That being said.. Kabam.. Rewards suck balls..

It's not that I want to use a 4* (that I know of). I want the synergies for my Medusa and Domino. You shouldn't need all 3 in 5* or 6* to play this quest. Same with Trinity synergy.
    But I just wanna use my R4 Domino. But I don't have 5* or 6* Rulk or Massacre so I'm sol. It's a stupid decision and people are right to complain for multiple reasons.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    DukeZman said:

nilaebran said:

Act6 is not for noobs and people will probably have to handle it the hard way.. Don't have 5* heimdall? Wait for him or don't try to cheat death at all, find other ways.. Can't dash back? Don't use starky (ghost will probably still smash it).. You need 100 revives to finish a path? Stash them, grind arena for units or buy them with money, act6 isn't going anywhere.. We'll face 23-28k pi champs and you're complaining about 4*.. Would like to see how many of those complaining about 4* used any 3* in act5, even if for synergy purposes only..

It's not that I want to use a 4* (that I know of). I want the synergies for my Medusa and Domino. You shouldn't need all 3 in 5* or 6* to play this quest. Same with Trinity synergy.
    But I just wanna use my R4 Domino. But I don't have 5* or 6* Rulk or Massacre so I'm sol. It's a stupid decision and people are right to complain for multiple reasons.
    Then learn to play without it.

I didn't want to play variant because I couldn't use wasp and ghost together but I did and I'm having a lot of fun doing it
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58

Variant had better rewards...

Just wait until the rest of the chapters come out
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    nilaebran said:

23-28k pi? That's on par with the 6*s in epic and last chapter of UC monthly.. Which I regularly bring 4*s to. There's no justifiable reason to ban them from act 6.
    If a player wants to bring 4*s and can't handle it, let them burn units all they want to make progress, who is it hurting?

And I have brought 3*s to act 5 solely for the synergies quite a few times! Main guys locked in AW/AQ, bored waiting for links.. perfect time to push some story. In fact, I beat the final Ultron with a 3* Loki three times! (Second time was a solo)

Practice, skill, and a bit of luck is all it takes to beat any content with a 3* - just don't get hit😋

It’s truly incredible. With being unable to use my 4* Quake, my hype just went from 100-0 in 1 second flat.

See you in 5 years act 6. Maybe. I have to have gotten a 5* one by then right. Right?

Even if you were to use your 4 star quake, just looking at the nodes, you wouldn't have been able to finish act 6.1 with her
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Even if you were to use your 4 star quake, just looking at the nodes, you wouldn't have been able to finish act 6.1 with her
    They are just new nodes doesn’t mean they will be on every champ
  • BrunnBrunn Posts: 2
    CHAMPION REQUIREMENTS that will restrict the Champions you use to ONLY 5 and 6-Star Champions.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS ?? MIGHT AS WELL QUIT NOW!! PLUS REWARDS ARE GARBAGE !!!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Who had the bright idea to restrict four stars? Most of my five stars are useless duds and the only thing I can rely on for fighting is god tier four stars. So either unban four stars from act 6 or fix the dud five stars to make them more useful.Buff them like you did gamora.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

They are described in the announcement as global buffs.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

They are described in the announcement as global buffs.
    Ah well ****
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    Question with No Retreat node. Does evade such as Spidey, black widow, and Dominos activate it?
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

I was going to use her for hurt lockers, power struggle, maybe combo party and stunnable no retreat. Would have made those nodes significantly easier. But alas, I will have to find another way around them.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    I’d like to have been a fly on the wall for this decision making, to know how they thought this would pan out.
    This should have been an exciting day for the community, but now a huge section of players have been alienated.
    It doesn’t affect me much at all, my 5*/6* roster is very healthy. But now I find myself trying to talk several alliance mates and friends out of quitting altogether.

Really really incredibly poor choice. I don’t think that can be overstated.
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    One of the worst decision ever made by this bunch.

Can you advise us why we can’t use 4 stars? You guys are absolutely ridiculous. Complete bs. Greedy af.
    Savage_ said:

I'm tired of this ****. We need 4 stars to be available in Act 6 for both synergies and utility purposes! We need 5* Gamora and Scarlet Witch Now! **** Ridiculous! Boycott this Act!

There's no point in being mad and suggesting a boycott, because quite frankly it does nothing. There is an obvious trend towards a better availability to more 5 stars that Kabam is trying to push and the point of not being able to use 4 stars only means that 5 stars should now be prioritized more. I get the frustration in lots of people not being able to use their synergy teams, it just means people will just have to work with their roster to complete it. If you don't have the roster to push through it, just wait. There's no need to rush in right away. It's permanent content.
  • Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    edited March 2019
    A 4 star completed this. Just saying
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    I’m not sure if this has been answered yet, but is Act 6 the end of all story mode content or just this “elder wars story” in story mode? Seeing as contest of champions is an endless game of grinding to the top I’m assuming more static content will be added
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Savage_ said:

I'm tired of this ****. We need 4 stars to be available in Act 6 for both synergies and utility purposes! We need 5* Gamora and Scarlet Witch Now! **** Ridiculous! Boycott this Act!

A boycott would be meaningless. Content gates like this are put in place to reduce the number of people going after the content immediately. It is impossible to tell the difference between people not doing the content because they are waiting until they have a stronger roster - which is intended - and people not doing the content to make a statement.
  • espo1espo1 Posts: 28
    This is the official death of 4* champions..its all about the Benjamins
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Yotz said:

Kabam, not allowing 4*s simply does not align with your game design. RNG has to be taken into account when making these decisions. It's the same with the nick fury events. Don't get me wrong, it is in fact fun to use different characters, but the rng and the very limited amount of materials to upgrade champions does not allow for such harsh champion limitations. Variant class limitations pushed it as far as it can when it comes to limitations. My questing team has 3 max 5*s, and i still need one 4* for sinergy. Will you send me a 5* version of that character (ghost rider) so that I can use my upgraded main champions in act 6 (blade)? I have spent monetary and time resources to be able to upgrade my champions to be able to use them for events such as these, hence the excitement of the community in anticipation for the act announcement... And now I am being told that my blade is going to be pretty much useless until who knows when i pull a 5* ghost rider? It is unnecessary and makes no sense kabam. It's limiting something for the sake of limiting cause it seems like the exciting thing to do. It is one of those decisions that you as a team can look back on and shake your head in disbelief wondering how you decided to move forward with thinking that it made sense.

Funny that blade becomes a decent payout in crystals just before this change
    You think they released the Blade crystal and were laughing evil laughs the whole time knowing that people would spend but not be able to use? I mean do you think that's how it really went down? Reminds me of when the first cryptic message came out and someone posted that it was to get us to stop talking about the war debacle or whatever it was. The cryptic message was going to come out with or without a firestorm on the forum. The Blade crystal was going to be re-released independent of the decision to keep 4*s out. There is no plot to screw us lol. I'd still like to hear the explanation for this decision though. The more I look at it the less sense it seems to make.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    I’ve got a great roster of 5*s and one great 6*, but I still use specific 4*s because RNGesus has not blessed me with certain 5*s. I can clear plenty of content (I had to clear most of act 5 with 4*s because I had awful 5*s) with some of my 4*s and use them for synergy. To limit this to only 5* and 6* is shortsighted and I feel horrible for those that have even worse 5*s than me. Why punish people with the skills, but not the champs to go with them?