**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act6 - Champion Requirement Communication

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Community: "are 4*s becoming the new 3*s? Are they becoming obsolete? Are they getting left behind?"
    Kabam: "4*s still have a lot of uses for upcoming content, synergies, etc."
    Also kabam: " yeah, so, all those 4*s you've sunk innumerable amounts of resources into ranking..... you can't use them from this point on. Suck it peasants."

You can still use 4* champs, just not in Act 6. And those 6* champs you're ranking up? One day, there will be content you can't use those in either. Does that mean you're going to stop ranking up everything? Because none of your rank ups are being put into champs with an infinite lifetime. That kind of guarantee doesn't exist in this kind of game.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Community: "are 4*s becoming the new 3*s? Are they becoming obsolete? Are they getting left behind?"
    Kabam: "4*s still have a lot of uses for upcoming content, synergies, etc."
    Also kabam: " yeah, so, all those 4*s you've sunk innumerable amounts of resources into ranking..... you can't use them from this point on. Suck it peasants."

You can still use 4* champs, just not in Act 6. And those 6* champs you're ranking up? One day, there will be content you can't use those in either. Does that mean you're going to stop ranking up everything? Because none of your rank ups are being put into champs with an infinite lifetime. That kind of guarantee doesn't exist in this kind of game.
    What’s the point of ranking up any champion honestly, seeing as we all just dust in the wind of a simulation that could end at any moment.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Its being done to stop people from just using 1 strong champion and boosting them to **** with synergies.
    Ghost, Corvus, Aegon, Blade. As even in wars you see people bring a 5/65 ghost with 3* wasp and Hood just fornl synergies.

Guess its a git gud scenario
  • Hey everybody,

We're seeing your concerns, and desire for more clarification on the Champion Requirements. We're going to write something up to clearly present our intentions with these requirements and their purpose. We don't want to create any more confusion, so we're going to take our time with this. We'll have something to give you insight into our intentions tomorrow.

(This is what Kabam Mike posted a few minutes ago in the main act6 discussion)
  • TsoderbeTsoderbe Posts: 32
    Kobster84 said:

Also, if you don’t have a lot of 5*’s... you won’t make past 5.3, guaranteed. So that argument on why requirements are BS is ... well... BS.

I did act 5 100% with 4* so 5* are definitely not needed by then
    I have a hard time believing you don't have an active 5* roster, then. The rewards from Act 4 and 5 would lead you to that immediately.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    BenLucas said:

Would have appreciated some advance warning, a fair bit of rankup materials went into 4* champs with utility (given how variant was setup)... of course the act6 content should be challenging but this is poor communication yet again from developers.

Its permanent content. Why would you need advanced notice? Nobody made you rank 4*'s for variant.
    Icem987 said:

Everyone should protest this! You can’t use 4* in Act 6. This is wrong! What if you don’t have a lot of five stars, or you need synergies with three or four stars. I’m done with this game. Stupid!

Is this your game? Nope... They can do what they want.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    why do we have this discussion thread here and in talking bout it in the main thread?
    it makes it hard to follow.
    we should have this discussion all in one place
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    Drooped2 said:

It's very simple if you don't have a good roster your not ready for act 6

True by default. I have a good roster and will be fine but it ought to be about skill. I'm liking this move less and less.
    True skill is measured by what you can do with less. So o see both ways here 4 stars being fine and removal of synergies people grew to rely on.
    Either way I'm all for forcing people to.change how they play
    But they've made it a point to make characters terse who need synergies and having characters who instead of revamping them just made them better with a certain synergy so this just seems like its countering everything that they've been setting up so far.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    No, they didn't guarantee you would be using 4*s in Act 6 by introducing Synergies. Somehow, people made that long-drawn connection because they don't like the news.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

It's very simple if you don't have a good roster your not ready for act 6

True by default. I have a good roster and will be fine but it ought to be about skill. I'm liking this move less and less.
    True skill is measured by what you can do with less. So o see both ways here 4 stars being fine and removal of synergies people grew to rely on.
    Either way I'm all for forcing people to.change how they play
    But they've made it a point to make characters terse who need synergies and having characters who instead of revamping them just made them better with a certain synergy so this just seems like its countering everything that they've been setting up so far.
    Uhh no champ NEEDS their synergy its a bonus.
    I'll give one example... antman
    he doesnt need it.
    they are not timed fights.
    without it he sucks and may take 500 hits compared to 150 with it but he doesnt need it.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    While I agree that it sucks that act 6 chapter 1 does not allow 4* champs, therefore ruining slot of synergy teams, in their defense kabam never said all of act 6 would have the same restriction, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Every Champ is a standalone. No Champ NEEDS their Synergy. They're enhanced by them, but they work just fine without them.

Needs have prerequisites; MODOK needs Abomination in order to reliably regenerate health.
    Umm no? Just don’t use suicides.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Patchie93 said:

Its being done to stop people from just using 1 strong champion and boosting them to **** with synergies.
    Ghost, Corvus, Aegon, Blade. As even in wars you see people bring a 5/65 ghost with 3* wasp and Hood just fornl synergies.

Guess its a git gud scenario

But if you're gud.. you're probably able to clear with 4*.. but guess not anymore lol
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Drooped2 said:

Every Champ is a standalone. No Champ NEEDS their Synergy. They're enhanced by them, but they work just fine without them.

Needs have prerequisites; MODOK needs Abomination in order to reliably regenerate health.
    You dont need regen it's a bonus. Point proven same for ws and antman those are still bonuses
    Drooped2 is undercover Kabam mod trying to do damage control.

Drooped2 said:

You dont need regen it's a bonus. Point proven same for ws and antman those are still bonuses
    Drooped2 is undercover Kabam mod trying to do damage control.
    What damage control? This community is so hypocritical. They complain about getting 4*'s at a "high" level and dont need them any more. Then all the sudden new content comes out where you cant use them and people go bananas. Ya'll need to grow up.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

There’s a big difference between not having synergy because you lack a certain champion and it being impossible to acquire that champion in the first place. Ala Abomination’s vital synergy with MODOK.

Well then that means you can't use the MODOK Synergy. There are enough Champs in the game.
This discussion has been closed.