**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• Maazlogan2321Maazlogan2321 Posts: 34
    @Kabam Miike will act 6 have locked view like act 5.4
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    MaatMan said:

also people who need to rely on the crutches that are champion synergies need to learn to adapt.

yes synergies are great.
    yes they make things easier.

but thats just it.
    they should make it easier for you to do things.
    not be the only way you are able to do things.

if you need danger sense to kill modok you need to practice and learn to kil modok.
    if you need wasp to make ghost good you need to practice more and good without. yes it makes things easier much much easier to the point of almost too easy but she is still great by herself.

I have 5/65 Medusa. i barely use royal family synergy.

synergies make the job easier but should not be the crutch you rely upon.

practice without, improve your skills, it may be hard, it may take time but your skills will improve and you will be a better player for it.

I would buy that IF kabam had not spent the last 18 months buffing champs indirectly with synergies instead of directly changing champs. That is their process. They are going to have to work very hard to convince me this is not just a profit margin move.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

'special' doesn't mean useful.
    Whoever the special champ is I hope it'll be at least useful. Maybe useful than Deadpool Xforce, Kamala and Colossus

Never know. Given the rarity, it could be The Collector.
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    Lovejoy72 said:

I would buy that IF kabam had not spent the last 18 months buffing champs indirectly with synergies instead of directly changing champs. That is their process. They are going to have to work very hard to convince me this is not just a profit margin move.

I was just saying this elsewhere. For the longest now Kabam has made characters who are nice only with synergies and instead of revamping some characters, has instead just made them a little better when used with a certain synergy. This seems to counter something they themself set up.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    MaatMan said:

Markjv81 said:

MaatMan said:

i believe the 5* requirements are simple.

As the game progresses people are getting 4* like candy and can build up 4* roster easy.

i believe they want to intentionally add an artificial bottle neck to make it so only EXPERIENCED (iee. long time) summoners who have spent the time to build a large roster are the ones who can compete in it.

as newer players play for longer the rosters will grow and will be able to do this.

I’ve been here nearly 4 years but still don’t have 5* domino, Corvus, AA, iceman, void, aegon, symbiote supreme, ghost, sabretooth, gwenpool, venom the duck, carnage, heimdal that’s a huge junk of god tier champs that I can’t use for story content and why? Just because I’m unlucky? There’s literally nothing else I could have done to improve my 5/6* roster, I complete all solo content outside of LOL/variant/maze 100%, I do all dungeons, plat 3 AW all seasons etc
    understand that you may be missing alot of 5*.
    i understand RNG can affect people poorly.
    but i have no doubt you have a chunk of perfectly useful 5*.
    after 4 years you must.
    You’re correct I have a number of 5/6* champs that will be useful, simply highlighting how ridiculous it is that I can’t bring 4* r5 god tier but can bring r1 5* trash champs. If the reason behind no 4* is to limit synergy then simply turn them off, if the reason is because 4* aren’t strong enough then anything under r3 5* should also be banned also.

Eagerly awaiting kabams roughly our together explanation, that will more than likely pose more questions and confusion than answers.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

MaatMan said:

also people who need to rely on the crutches that are champion synergies need to learn to adapt.

yes synergies are great.
    yes they make things easier.

but thats just it.
    they should make it easier for you to do things.
    not be the only way you are able to do things.

if you need danger sense to kill modok you need to practice and learn to kil modok.
    if you need wasp to make ghost good you need to practice more and good without. yes it makes things easier much much easier to the point of almost too easy but she is still great by herself.

I have 5/65 Medusa. i barely use royal family synergy.

synergies make the job easier but should not be the crutch you rely upon.

practice without, improve your skills, it may be hard, it may take time but your skills will improve and you will be a better player for it.

yeah but it is also only 1 aspect of the game. itis act6.
    AQ, AW, EQ have not been announced to have this.
    story beyond Act 6 may not continue with this.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    SparkAlot said:

Kabam DK said:

BORN AGAIN
    Cavaliers will have access to a brand new Cavalier Crystal that guarantees at least a 3-Star Champion with a 38% chance at a 4-Star Champion, an 11% chance at a 5-Star Champions, and a rare 1% chance of a 6 Star Champion! These Crystals will be available for 200 units each.

Is this correct, or was this supposed to be published on April fools day?

If you don't allow any 4* champs in Act 6 (goodbye synergies!) to begin with, then, why are you offering a 3* or 4* champ once you complete Act 6 to get the Cavaliers title in those crystals?

It should be get a 5* or 6* or Awakening gem.
    Are you actually saying that completing Act 6 chapter 1 once should entitle you to buy 5* awakening gems for 200 units a piece? Because I see no other way to parse this post.
    it is most likely designed as a timefram kinda gate.
    if ur too new you wont have the roster.
    if ur older u will.

i dont 100% like it.
    i dont 100% agree with it.
    but i kinda understand why.
    but really it is wat it is.
    thats wat they decided.
    complaining bout it is stupid and pointless.

just gotta adjust and adapt.
    move forward make it happen.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    As much as I disagree with the 5/6* champ requirement, I’ll just roll with it. Puts everyone on equal footing anyway. If you can’t use your 4*s and I can’t use mine, then it’s the same for you and me. No biggie.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

As much as I disagree with the 5/6* champ requirement, I’ll just roll with it. Puts everyone on equal footing anyway. If you can’t use your 4*s and I can’t use mine, then it’s the same for you and me. No biggie.

Not the same thing at all considering people pull different champs at different rarities.
    Wooooh there.... everyone doesn’t pull the same champs?!!?!
  • Bfyffe28Bfyffe28 Posts: 41
    xNig said:

I wish they’d announce tomorrow that they’ll allow 4 stars but disable all synergies. I have a feeling that would bring the big dogs to the forums to complain lol.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    MaatMan said:

it is most likely designed as a timefram kinda gate.
    if ur too new you wont have the roster.
    if ur older u will.

i dont 100% like it.
    i dont 100% agree with it.
    but i kinda understand why.
    but really it is wat it is.
    thats wat they decided.
    complaining bout it is stupid and pointless.

just gotta adjust and adapt.
    move forward make it happen.

Not really.. they released 12.0... things changed.. they wanted to remove diversity... things changed.. they changed war start times.. things changed.. so no.. don't really have to adjust and adapt.. more like show that if the changes go forward the company stops making money.. that will make them change..
    Markjv81 said:

MaatMan said:

Markjv81 said:

MaatMan said:

As the game progresses people are getting 4* like candy and can build up 4* roster easy.

i believe they want to intentionally add an artificial bottle neck to make it so only EXPERIENCED (iee. long time) summoners who have spent the time to build a large roster are the ones who can compete in it.

as newer players play for longer the rosters will grow and will be able to do this.

I’ve been here nearly 4 years but still don’t have 5* domino, Corvus, AA, iceman, void, aegon, symbiote supreme, ghost, sabretooth, gwenpool, venom the duck, carnage, heimdal that’s a huge junk of god tier champs that I can’t use for story content and why? Just because I’m unlucky? There’s literally nothing else I could have done to improve my 5/6* roster, I complete all solo content outside of LOL/variant/maze 100%, I do all dungeons, plat 3 AW all seasons etc
    after 4 years you must.
    You’re correct I have a number of 5/6* champs that will be useful, simply highlighting how ridiculous it is that I can’t bring 4* r5 god tier but can bring r1 5* trash champs. If the reason behind no 4* is to limit synergy then simply turn them off, if the reason is because 4* aren’t strong enough then anything under r3 5* should also be banned also.

Eagerly awaiting kabams roughly our together explanation, that will more than likely pose more questions and confusion than answers.
    not saying i agree with and like this choice.
    but it is wat it is and i will deal with it.

just gotta move forward and plan how to do act 6 once we see it
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★

Why no 4*s allowed? My only 6* is trash and i have only a few good 5*s

I have to agree with this guy and with seatin. Kabam thank you for breaking all my synergy groups. We still use 4* and why now. If we want to use a 1* than we should be able too. You can use 1-6* in act 5. in one act you take away all characters up to 5*. Not all of us are the "Crystal opening whale" and have every character.

Give us one good reason we shouldn't be able to use any character?
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    MaatMan said:

Markjv81 said:

MaatMan said:

Markjv81 said:

MaatMan said:

after 4 years you must.

not saying i agree with and like this choice.
    but it is wat it is and i will deal with it.

just gotta move forward and plan how to do act 6 once we see it
    See that’s where you’re wrong, enough people voiced their displeasure about the AW start time and it was changed to suit, it appears the squeaky wheel gets the grease around here.
  • MJDEMONMJDEMON Posts: 1
    So why are cavalier crystals including 3 and 4 star champs? Not like you can use them in act 6. When are we getting a Scarlet Witch 5 star?
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★

Hey everybody,

We're seeing your concerns, and desire for more clarification on the Champion Requirements. We're going to write something up to clearly present our intentions with these requirements and their purpose. We don't want to create any more confusion, so we're going to take our time with this. We'll have something to give you insight into our intentions tomorrow.

If your not going to allow us to use 4* in act 6 than stop giving us free 2*. I would say 1% of the game players want a 2* for collecting purposes and most of us have enough 2* for your random arena 2* event. I could understand removing 1-3* for Act 6 but 4*. I know I would never use 1-3* in Act 6 but I would use 4* especially for synergies. some people even like to test their skills and try to beat quests with 3* characters just for fun. those same people are going to want to try with 4* now.
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    @Kabam Miike can you confirm that the 4* lockout is only for Chapter 1? A lot of folks seem to be assuming/misreading it as for all of act 6.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

@Kabam Miike can you confirm that the 4* lockout is only for Chapter 1? A lot of folks seem to be assuming/misreading it as for all of act 6.

Really dude?? Why would the restriction be there for chapter 1.. but not the rest of the act? That would make absolutely no sense..

MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

Hey everybody,

We're seeing your concerns, and desire for more clarification on the Champion Requirements. We're going to write something up to clearly present our intentions with these requirements and their purpose. We don't want to create any more confusion, so we're going to take our time with this. We'll have something to give you insight into our intentions tomorrow.

Miike if this write up isn't absolutely eloquent expect a larger backlash then what you are already receiving. There is no way to guarantee that anyone can get a particular 5 or 6 star champion, not even arena since that only hands out a maximum of 300 5 star champions. Not to mention the other obstacles in the way of being in the top 150 such as game servers, device speed, roster size, boost utilization, refreshing champions, etc. I really don't see how any explanation could get around the gatekeeping occuring with the implementation of the rarity requirement.

For example; in Labyrinth of Legends to get the extended enrage timer you need to get a total of 2,000 attack rating. You can get that by combining different attack synergies and by using champions with a naturally higher base attack. But there is still a timer available for champions who's attack rating is below 2,000, allowing summoner's who have a suboptimal roster to still complete the content if they wish to do so.
    yes but you do not need a particular 5* or 6* champ.
    there is nothing stopping you from doing it with any 5* or 6* except your own skill.
    There's nothing stopping you, are you sure about that? What if you need poison immunity, bleed immunity? What if you need Gladiator Hulk for that dashing back causes degen node? There has always been a requirement to have champions with a specific utility, but you can't guarantee that you get them in a specific rarity.

So yes, there is something stopping your skill, it's your roster.
    collosus is bleed and poison immune.
    i would find it very hard to believe that someone at the level of act 6 has no 5* or 6* immune.
    the dashing back causes degen node. you dont need Gulk he is just one option, what about a regen champ? what about an ability accuracy reducer? there is more than one option.
    Is this a joke? Did Colossus undergo a buff that I didn't know about? *checks champion description* Oh no he didn't, he doesn't have poison immunity. Please, read the abilities of the champions you're going to use to justify this gatekeeping.
    yeah ok... my bad...
    but my point still stands....
    regardless of how bad you percieve a champ to be they.
    colossus is bleed immune, groot is bleed immune, hulk, cap marvel is poison immune... etc etc...