**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act6 - Champion Requirement Communication

Comments

• Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★

There’s a big difference between not having synergy because you lack a certain champion and it being impossible to acquire that champion in the first place. Ala Abomination’s vital synergy with MODOK.

Well then that means you can't use the MODOK Synergy. There are enough Champs in the game.
    Awesome, let me just pull out some more money to whale out on crystals and get the 5* champs that i need ONLY for act 6 and am ok with as 4* if they havnt banned that. At the end, Kabam is saying, spend $$ on FGMC for more 5* or be playing this game for 2+ year and have a huge roster so that they can create a wider gap between mid-tier and end game players
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Mike12867 said:

There’s a big difference between not having synergy because you lack a certain champion and it being impossible to acquire that champion in the first place. Ala Abomination’s vital synergy with MODOK.

Well then that means you can't use the MODOK Synergy. There are enough Champs in the game.
    Awesome, let me just pull out some more money to whale out on crystals and get the 5* champs that i need ONLY for act 6 and am ok with as 4* if they havnt banned that. At the end, Kabam is saying, spend $$ on FGMC for more 5* or be playing this game for 2+ year and have a huge roster so that they can create a wider gap between mid-tier and end game players
    dont spend anything.
    but yeah act 6 is end game content at this point.
    it is not designed for a a noob.
    it is designed to cater to the players who have been playing for some time and built up a decent roster.

in time you will get there too.
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    All these people that are crying are so immature... This is called END GAME!!!! 5 and 6 stars only... Get over it!!

All these people that are crying are so immature... This is called END GAME!!!! 5 and 6 stars only... Get over it!!

AKA This Act is only for WHALES or people playing this game for 2+ years/huge roster so noobs arent welcome, I agree, get over it noobs.

PS: Im a noob
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85

Drooped2 said:

Every Champ is a standalone. No Champ NEEDS their Synergy. They're enhanced by them, but they work just fine without them.

Needs have prerequisites; MODOK needs Abomination in order to reliably regenerate health.
    You dont need regen it's a bonus. Point proven same for ws and antman those are still bonuses
    Drooped2 is undercover Kabam mod trying to do damage control.
    What damage control? This community is so hypocritical. They complain about getting 4*'s at a "high" level and dont need them any more. Then all the sudden new content comes out where you cant use them and people go bananas. Ya'll need to grow up.
    Then why not allow 3* & 4*? What’s the reasoning? Who does this limitation favor?
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    RIP to those that wanted to do an Act 6.1 Legend Run with 4* as synergy.

Drooped2 said:

Every Champ is a standalone. No Champ NEEDS their Synergy. They're enhanced by them, but they work just fine without them.

Needs have prerequisites; MODOK needs Abomination in order to reliably regenerate health.
    You dont need regen it's a bonus. Point proven same for ws and antman those are still bonuses
    What damage control? This community is so hypocritical. They complain about getting 4*'s at a "high" level and dont need them any more. Then all the sudden new content comes out where you cant use them and people go bananas. Ya'll need to grow up.
    I agree with you my friend, I open 4* crystals and complain abotu getting 4*. I am a hypocrite and everyone should acknowledge that. Great argument, im glad you are using your time so wisely
    Mike12867 said:

AKA This Act is only for WHALES or people playing this game for 2+ years/huge roster so noobs arent welcome, I agree, get over it noobs.

PS: Im a noob
    Imagine a person coming in with money in their pocket and 4 stars sweeping act 6 then purchasing cavilier crystals and buying the game?!! I believe this was there intent to keep people from buying the game... It's takes a 1+ year to get enough 5 and 6 stars to do act 6, put the time in like everyone else!
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Players when champion requirements don't effect their roster: 'This is great! I love how kabam is making people use different champs! Anyone complaining needs to learn to use different champs!'

Players when champion requirements do effect their roster: 'This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE how am I supposed to play now?!?!'.

I don't mean to attack anyone here. I'm pretty set for 5* and 6* champions and even have some good synergy setups with them, so it's easy for me to brush it off and judge.

Lots of people do seem to be upset about this one though, and I can understand why. It does seem a little odd for kabam to say, 'this is some of the most challenging content to date' and yet not let people maneuver through it via skill and/or synergies. This limits options quite a bit. It's especially amusing that these new cavalier crystals offer increased odds at a 4 star champ... That we can't even use in the content we need to complete to get these crystals! Lol.

I don't think they're going to change for 6.1, but hopefully they listen to the player base and make changes for future chapters.
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Then why not allow 3* & 4*? What’s the reasoning? Who does this limitation favor?

Drooped2 said:

It prevents whining of I have maxed 4 stars and this is too hard wah wah wah.
    I do content with 3* KT1 does content with 4* people who lack skill whine, people who dont have solid argument waste time
    People who have huge rosters are just saying 'git gud' 'endgame' and all that BS but not putting out reasonable arguments
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Even those that are at the level of higher content may not necesarily have the 5* version of the champ they need to activate synergies.
  • MaciekpakuMaciekpaku Posts: 26
    To be honest, it's something i was expecting. And also prefering over class requirements for certain paths/ quests. I understand that many of us dont have all needed 5*/6* for synergies but that's the challenge to be able do some parts of the game with not only limited resources but also some kind of restrictions for champions you'll bring.
    The newest content in the most rewarding part is for those who invested the most time/money etc. Others with lower amount of these thing must adapt over time which is also fine because we have time for preparations. We dont have to finish it right after release, it will be there :) just enjoy the game in your own pace, dont try to be equal to the whales and all end game players (for whom those requirements are not a problem).
  • concepcion29concepcion29 Posts: 42
    I dont agree with Kabam decision to have ONLY 5&6 stars for Act 6. Although 4 stars are slowly becoming irrelevant for end game players or people who have been playing the game for years, 4 stars still have their place in the game; whether it’s for certain synergies or because you don’t have them as a 5/6 star. I think this restriction is going to hurt a lot of players who have the skill to beat end game content but have terrible luck with their crystals pulls or don’t spend as much as others.

I was able to 100% Act 5 awhile back with the help of some 4 star champions and while I do not use them outside of aq/aw, I will occasionally need them for specific match ups as I still have not been able to pull them.

I feel the most disrespectful thing Kabam has done leading up to this was have decent/good deals for 4* awakening gems, crystals, and sig level crystals for sale. People ate up those deals to use them on champions which they thought would help them in Act 6 or future content.

I know the game is trying to grow and push towards 5 and 6* being the champs to use but I don’t think it’s the right thing to do at the moment when great 6* are still relatively difficult to dupe.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Aside from the concern about not being able to use any 4* champs, I’m just a little disappointed they weren’t more creative with the champ requirements for 6.1. Months ago, they said champ requirements were coming back for act 6 and I was expecting something more like a mix of how they did Variant with classes and how they’re doing the Recon Initiative with group tags or even something else. Personally, from a creative standpoint, the announcement that it’s being restricted to 5* and 6* champs just seemed kinda dull, but maybe that’s just me.
    Drooped2 said:

Mike12867 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

It prevents whining of I have maxed 4 stars and this is too hard wah wah wah.
    I do content with 3* KT1 does content with 4* people who lack skill whine, people who dont have solid argument waste time
    I know who you and kt1 are on YouTube and both will be fine without synergies. Your ghost will be ok.
    And kt1 uses 3s for fun he has the roster to do what he wants.
    I and KT1 dont use 3 or 4* to showoff, we use it cuz its more fun than 5*
    5* versions make it way easier and even then, this isnt a reason to ban 4* from act 6. if mid-tier players are interested in story and EQ plots, they wont be able to know what happens in act 6. good going kabam
    MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
    show ur rosters. lets see if you are ready or not.

my roster is posted in the main thread.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126509/witness-the-great-revival-act-6-chapter-1-coming-march-13th/p10

if you have been playing for long enough you will have the roster that is good enough.

if you dont have a good enough roster keep playing you will get there in time.
    this is END GAME content not meant for NOOBS.
    not meant for those the NEED synergy crutches.

AWESOME! I Agree, why not tag it as endgame content and not for noobs too? This means the 4* i just ranked to 5/50 for variant is now useless, lemme just wait 1 year or more to get that champ as 5* so that I am at kabam's mercy for RnG

Or why not introduce a way where we can target 1 champion in particular from crystal? Or introduce 5* basic arena? NOPE, we will let RnG decide how fast you progress in this game so skill is out of the question and you can find some other game to show your skills. Good, I agree with you then
    Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126509/witness-the-great-revival-act-6-chapter-1-coming-march-13th/p10

if you have been playing for long enough you will have the roster that is good enough.

AWESOME! I Agree, why not tag it as endgame content and not for noobs too? This means the 4* i just ranked to 5/50 for variant is now useless, lemme just wait 1 year or more to get that champ as 5* so that I am at kabam's mercy for RnG

Or why not introduce a way where we can target 1 champion in particular from crystal? Or introduce 5* basic arena? NOPE, we will let RnG decide how fast you progress in this game so skill is out of the question and you can find some other game to show your skills. Good, I agree with you then
    Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

This is just 6.1 requirements! Personally I didn't like 5.3 but I got through as you will get through this.. 6.4 may be just 6 stars only so stop crying..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

It also means that MODOK can’t use Suicide Masteries - you know those masteries that cost thousands of units to unlock. This severely nerfs the champion from an MVP to mediocre utility.

By the way I’m arguing for Abomination to be available in the 5-star crystal. He fills a vital niche with MODOK and is also a good AW defender. With Act 6 banning 4-star's, I don’t see a valid reason why he’s not there already.
    I don't have any arguments agaisnt Abom as a 5*. Depends whether they want to release him as one or not. All I'm pointing out is that this is one aspect of the game. We can't always rely on the same strategy for every piece of content. MODOK is only one Champ. There are many others available as 5* that can be used for Act 6.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

dang you got your knickers in a knot.

why do you need to wait a year for a particular champ? you do nort need only 1 champ to do it.
    there is 128 5* or something like that. are you telling me only 1 can do it?
    and yeah it is about time.
    time = progression.
    simple

Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

This is just 6.1 requirements! Personally I didn't like 5.3 but I got through as you will get through this.. 6.4 may be just 6 stars only so stop crying..
    5.3 had champs from ALL classes to work with and ALL rarities, not just 4 or 3 or 5 stars. Kabam wants whales or people who have huge roster to not remain left out by new people who have skill to do it. I am not crying, I am arguing here so try to stick to it as well. Post your valid points or arguments otherwise there is no need for u to be on forums
    Mike12867 said:

Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

5.3 had champs from ALL classes to work with and ALL rarities, not just 4 or 3 or 5 stars. Kabam wants whales or people who have huge roster to not remain left out by new people who have skill to do it. I am not crying, I am arguing here so try to stick to it as well. Post your valid points or arguments otherwise there is no need for u to be on forums
    My valid point is you only need
    MaatMan said:

Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

dang you got your knickers in a knot.

why do you need to wait a year for a particular champ? you do nort need only 1 champ to do it.
    there is 128 5* or something like that. are you telling me only 1 can do it?
    and yeah it is about time.
    time = progression.
    simple
    But they only want good champs to make content easier
This discussion has been closed.