**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Gap

KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
Does Act 6 and the introduction of the Cleveland Cavalier crystal at such a low price tag stand to further create a gigantic gap between the mid-tier summoners and the whales?

Summoner Gap 156 votes

Yes, it will create too large of a gap
58% 92 votes
No, things will even out eventually and no one should worry
41% 64 votes

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    It won't effect mid-tier players so who cares. Only the very top of the game are whales that will really spend on those crystals and they are already so far ahead it doesn't really make a difference if they get more dupes on their already massive six-star roster.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    IF you are a free to play champion who wants to be in the top 1% and spend a lot of time then this will definitely restrict you. EX: Brian Grant. He is probably gonna step down from that top alliance or contemplating it so yea it will
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The Cleveland Cavalier crystal? I don't see how that can help anyone without LeBron James and he can't even help the Lakers right now. I don't think tanking will help me pull better champs though, so the Cleveland crystal seems like a bad idea all around. Seriously though, this whole gap thing is stuff and nonsense. There is a path to the end game. It's there for mid tier players if they want to take it. A slightly better crystal isn't going to change that.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    I would say I'm mid tier being uncollected but I could care less you don't have to burn (play) all the content in one day, unless you want to then my comment is worthless. #DontPlayTooMuch
  • ClynevaClyneva Posts: 75 ★★
    Even if every whale out there buys their way to a full team of Rank 3 6*s, it will have zero impact on a mid-tier player.
    Clyneva said:

Even if every whale out there buys their way to a full team of Rank 3 6*s, it will have zero impact on a mid-tier player.

Unless that mid-tier player wants to be an endgame player and hit the 'new highs' such as r3 6*s
    Why worry about it you ask? bcuz its a game and we like staying competitive otherwise why even have a game?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Mike12867 said:

Clyneva said:

Unless that mid-tier player wants to be an endgame player and hit the 'new highs' such as r3 6*s
    Why worry about it you ask? bcuz its a game and we like staying competitive otherwise why even have a game?
    If that mid-tier player wants to be an endgame player he/she should complete the content and get to the endgame... he/she will then have the (marginal) benefit of the new crystal as well. May need to find an alliance that runs higher AQ and AW than he/she was comfortable with in the current alliance but he/she will adjust.

Mike12867 said:

Clyneva said:

If that mid-tier player wants to be an endgame player he/she should complete the content and get to the endgame... he/she will then have the (marginal) benefit of the new crystal as well. May need to find an alliance that runs higher AQ and AW than he/she was comfortable with in the current alliance but he/she will adjust.
    YEa but not if that mid-tier player has 20+ God-tier 4* champs and only 30 5* champs of which 1-2 are good. So now he wont be able to finish off Act 6 since 4* arnt allowed. But the endgame player will and he will have yet another R5, totalling to around 6-7 R5s while the mid-tier may only have 1, at most 2 (like me)
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    If you think it won’t affect mid tier players. Wait till you grind arenas.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Sirmacool said:

If you think it won’t affect mid tier players. Wait till you grind arenas.

please explain?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I suspect he means the people beating Act 6 will wind up with better rosters and therefore push up the points margin required to reach the top %s or the top 11 rankings, thus making it harder for lower end players to get the champions.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Mike12867 said:

IF you are a free to play champion who wants to be in the top 1% and spend a lot of time then this will definitely restrict you. EX: Brian Grant. He is probably gonna step down from that top alliance or contemplating it so yea it will

Except BG has the roster and skill to beat Act 6. It’s completion to get the title, so most elders banes should be able to manage.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Gap between players is intended part of any progression game. You have 2 types of online games, one that are progression games, like mcoc or any mmo really, and then arena games like pubg, lol or csgo, where players dont keep their stuff between matches. If the gap between players bothers you, then perhaphs you would like the 2nd type of online games more
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    It would probably create a gap, but I don’t think a lot of people really care about that gap. May be wrong, but those are just my thoughts.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    maybe whales will get many 6*s. why care? they're already in the top, nothing changes actually
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★

Does Act 6 and the introduction of the Cleveland Cavalier crystal at such a low price tag stand to further create a gigantic gap between the mid-tier summoners and the whales?

Yes, Most likely cause said people will go not just for 5* dupes but also the 1% 6*. In the long run they will sig 200 most of their 5*, Access an unthinkable number of 6* shards compared to the norm, and even add SEVERAL signatures to their 6* dupes.

Pretty much by the time a "normal" average spender will have a single 6* sig 20 worth ranking up, they'll prolly have already sig100+ champions, several ones. Despite rankup materials being scarce, that's a completely and huge balance break incoming in the game, one you can't recover from sadly.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I for see this crystal making is absolutely impossible to compete in end game alliances for free to play players. 6* champs are the end all be all of the current meta and introducing a crystal that offers them for purchase will only further the gap between spenders and non spenders at a fast rate. Imo the only way 6* champs should be earned is through shards earned in game.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Free to play players can grind around 1k units a week. Whales keep the lights on and the game free for those who choose to play it that way.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mid tier players were never going to catch the top as f2p players regardless so it doesn't change a thing
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
    Clyneva said:

Arenas? Those 6-star champs put up massive amounts
  • ClynevaClyneva Posts: 75 ★★

Clyneva said:

Arenas? Those 6-star champs put up massive amounts
    You think a whale's arena score is currently limited by the number of 6* arena fodders they have? Anyone willing to drop 20k units for a random 6* is already 100% unit refreshing their arena runs.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    IKON said:

Free to play players can grind around 1k units a week. Whales keep the lights on and the game free for those who choose to play it that way.

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

Mid tier players were never going to catch the top as f2p players regardless so it doesn't change a thing

Also this.

I could never for the life of me understand why f2p mid-gamers care about what the older accounts are doing. Like a wise man once said, "Stop watching other people's pockets and mind your own."
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited March 2019

Yes I agree with the idea that the top 1500 players won't have mid game or end game players catch up to their rosters, which makes sense since these 1000+ players are willing to spend so much $$$$$ and time on the game.

To be the top 100 completion in ACT 6 for MCOC, you need mainly six things:

1) top of the top end IOS phone (the best phone CPU/RAM/ SSD-like storage there is, such as modded to run on IOS, to get the fastest loading time) and the willingness to set aside an hour to 2 hour+ for focused gameplay.

2) Very deep roster+ maximum boosts+ masteries. Likely 5/65 Corvus glaive with max suicides and boosts and synergy team is best.

3) Aggressive playstyle with hopefully more cooperative AI. Also it's very likely being able to deal lots of damage and dying will save time, instead of trying to solo the opponent.

4) Skill and planning. Intercepting. Which paths to take. Things like Potentially symbiote supreme being a God in winning fast for certain fights.

5) Lots of energy refills. Save some time by ignoring stash and buying refills.

6) Internet connection.

Honorable mention: Last but not least, to be top 10, modders have an edge. I'll give you one example. They will save time by being able to send movement inputs to the server before the game fully loads. Not sure how Kabam can counter this.

Openly modding the game can get them banned, so hopefully Kabam can catch that.

At the end of the day, people have gotten ahead through 'backdoor' means, like buying donations and having bots farm units, gold and loyalty for them. If your goal is to catch up to them.. you won't.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Note: I'm all for Kabam catching these arena bots and punishing them accordingly.

At the end of the day, it's best to view this as a game, and enjoy the game. Best to not get too fixated on a few players having a better roster than yours.
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Aleor said:

maybe whales will get many 6*s. why care? they're already in the top, nothing changes actually

Yep, I don't think this will change for them
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Yes, it will.

The top will get higher rewards, faster, so, they will continue to be in front.

But, do I care??? Not really. I don't think I will join a top dog ally soon and I'm fine with my silver 1-2 buddies.