**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ARE YOU OK WITH NEW ACT 6 REQUIREMENT?

Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★

ARE YOU OK WITH NEW ACT 6 REQUIREMENT? 262 votes

YES
26%
ArcDeAngelusCoatHang3rBigPoppaCBONEdanielmathShrimkinsMegaSkater67Swe_wolfisHulk_77CFreeJestressxNigbloodyCainBalm82belli300AxeCopFireBuckeyeKPRustyWarkmbell81TatBpn88855 70 votes
NO
73%
AchtungVdh2008Sith_Lord_Revan1313OmniMavRCK_becauseicantthetaman23SiliyoIronDevilRawInstinctSnizzbarHaji_SaabA_Noob_Is1AjavedRoachboyHolyDirkness41ArrsssCrkwestZENCapWW2 192 votes

Comments

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    NO
    I’m okay with the idea of champion requirements, and I personally have the 5* and 6* roster for this not to affect me, but I do sympathize with the people who rely on 4*s for certain utilities and synergies.
  • Cutless_XCutless_X Posts: 53
    NO
    I still use 4*s for utility when i don't have that champ as a 5*
  • RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    NO
    No but whatever they will do what they want it’s up to you whether you want to continue to play and poor time and money into the game
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    NO
    My 5* roster is not good enough. Most of 4* would go though the chapter much easier.
  • Jass007Jass007 Posts: 62
    NO
    Absolutely ridiculous banning the four stars ..
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    YES
    Didn't mean to vote yes. It's effing stupid to ban 4*s. Been praying for a killmonger since summer to complete my unholy trinity and pulled his 4* two weeks ago. Was thrilled. Now, not so much. Plus, I ranked up my 4* dupes over my 5* undupes (if I didn't plan on taking them past r3) because I never imagined something this stupid would happen.

At least I won't be wasting any resources on 4*s anymore. I used to rank them up but now, there's no use for them. Not very smart, kabam.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    YES
    I'm sorry, but I don't really mind it. I think the requirement makes act 6 difficult. I kind of like that difficulty spike, although I can Cleary why people hate it so much.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    NO
    Disgusting act on kabams part. People would be more comfortable if you would just come out and say " we have to do this to keep the game viable". Instead of lying to us.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    NO
    There was no warning. People have ranked up 16+ 4* duel to synergy/gaps in their roster.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    NO
    Not just no, but hell no. I don't have time to type out a long explanation, but proff Hoff does a good job in this video of objectively explaining why this was a **** move on kabam's part.
    https://youtu.be/dGAg0F-Zvuk
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

Not just no, but hell no. I don't have time to type out a long explanation, but proff Hoff does a good job in this video of objectively explaining why this was a **** move on kabam's part.

Prof Hof never does a good job in his videos.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    YES
    I'm fine with it, I almost never use 4* anyway
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    NO

Prof Hof never does a good job in his videos.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I personally don't find his videos very entertaining, but in this particular case he did a good job with his assessment, and I completely agree with him.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    NO

He's terrible.
    edited March 2019
    NO
    This was a bad, bad decision. With my roster, I can get by with 5* and 6* champs. I can't think of many 4* I'd use, with the exception of Masacre for synergy. I feel sorry for people who either have bad 5* champs or not many 5* champs and rely heavily on their 4* roster. Bad, terrible decision.

I have to say, it wasn't hard to see this coming. Kabam gave out a free 5* awakening gem earlier this year for nothing. That was a clear sign of more shift. They've also had more 5* shards in calendars, events and offers (see: $$$$). Another clear sign.

This was a bad decision. Ultimately, why would Kabam care? If people want to use 4* champs almost exclusively, they'll probably need to use more resources, but what should that matter?
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    NO
    I don't mind if Kabam implements champion requirements. The (recurring) problem with kabam is that they throw very significant changes out there with very little warning. Just like they did with 12.0 and the Nerfpocalypse.

Kabam absolutely could have and should have alerted the players that Act 6 was going to be restricted to 5*/6* champs well in advance so that players could decide for themselves if they wanted to keep investing resources in specific 4* champs or investing time into grinding arena for specific 4* champs. Instead they just let everyone keep on doing what they've been doing and spending time and money on champs that have no future in the game.
  • NO
    Maldroit2 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't really mind it. I think the requirement makes act 6 difficult. I kind of like that difficulty spike, although I can Cleary why people hate it so much.

Go ahead, keep thinking that's their reasoning behind it. And let's say it was, that they want a "difficulty spike" wouldn't it be much more difficult doing it with a 4* than a 5*? So that logic makes no sense
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    How many threads do we need on the same topic.,
    everyone post in the same thread.
    it is easier to follow discussion.
    NO
    MaatMan said:

At least this one is a Poll that quantifies votes.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    YES
    It's meant as a gate to keep people in the game and progressing instead of just spending their way through it. They have done similar with other content, (aCT V highly prioritized certain classes, we had the 2* arena..) I mean you can't really use 3* in Variant realistically anyway, and can only use two classes which limits synergy and what capabilities you can bring. Funny no one seemed to have an issue with that.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

MaatMan said:

At least this one is a Poll that quantifies votes.
    how long before someone starts another...
    lol..
  • NO
    For synergy reasons alone there's no good reason for this requirement. I doubt 4*s would be viable to be all that effective in Act 6 but some of the best I am sure would have their uses. I've invested in Stark (5/65) and Blade (4/55) in ways I probably would not have without my 4* Ghost Rider....
  • NO
    BuckeyeKP said:

It's meant as a gate to keep people in the game and progressing instead of just spending their way through it. They have done similar with other content, (aCT V highly prioritized certain classes, we had the 2* arena..) I mean you can't really use 3* in Variant realistically anyway, and can only use two classes which limits synergy and what capabilities you can bring. Funny no one seemed to have an issue with that.

Restricting content to specific classes is a cool idea and challenge, completely eliminating the ability to use all but 5 and 6* champions is a complete slap in the face to everyone who doesn't have a super stacked roster. You say this is intended to stop people paying their way through it, yet it only forces people to spend even more money since they now need those 5* champions
This discussion has been closed.