**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why do people think that Ice Man is "god tier"??

Comments

• BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    simple answer, its his utility that makes him a great champion.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Now everyone have very clear every reason why Iceman is great.
    This thread have just increase the hype for Iceman.

I'll be watching the cutoff from the "I'll not grind" bench.
  • I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Now everyone have very clear every reason why Iceman is great.
    This thread have just increase the hype for Iceman.

I'll be watching the cutoff from the "I'll not grind" bench.

Because there are a lot of arena grinders that were going to just stop at 3.5 million, but now that they read this thread they are going to shoot for 8 million instead.

I wish there were lots of people that dumb, but the arena scoring data says there are not enough of them to matter.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Because he is immune to incinerate as an ice cube. Only a God ice can be immune to incinerate

God fire(ghost rider) should be incinerate immune aswell.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    I think Iceman is really good (although these "tiers" are always really arbitrary and partly made up).

However, the triple immunity is more of a gimmick. Having incinerate immunity is pointless. Only one champion in the whole game (Phoenix) can stack it and only with a certain number of passive charges.

His damage also isn't busted, it's just okay.

Having said that, he does have an amazing amount of utility between being partly sp3/stun immune, anti evasion, and bleed/poison immunity. It's just rare to have all those things on one champion. It also allows him to run suicides while still benefiting from Willpower and not taking damage.

For example, Agent Venom kind of does all those things, but just not with as much accuracy (sometimes he won't shrug everything off, and his anti evasion is not a 100%).

Hyperion sp1 can stack incinerate
  • Til0rTil0r Posts: 14
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Greywarden wrote: »
    Triple immunity - check
    Unavoidable damage that nobody is immune to - check
    Ability to place Frostbites that aren't considered debuffs and do nice dmg (1k+ per stack at 5/50) - check
    Ability to completely nullify evade - check
    Decent damage - check
    Ability to tank sp3's - check

Archangel is obviously a boss but as soon as your enemy is bleed or poison immune he loses that title....whereas Iceman doesn't

Comparing him to Magneto is also not viable. Yes, Magneto can tank sp3 the whole fight but so can Iceman as long as the enemy isn't getting sp3 every 11 seconds. Other than that one Magneto feature how can you really even compare the two, you've got to at least admit Iceman is better than Magneto...

I never said Magneto was better than Iceman, im just saying the ability to tank l3s isnt very uncommon, and that others can do what he does

Lol, seriously? Aside from Magneto Marvel Now, Magneto, Iceman and Gwenpool name me the other champs that can consistently take a third special.

That is 4 champs out of about 100. 4% is very uncommon!

If you bring GP to the L3 Tanks, then plz add Luke Cage there too! He can also taqnk 1 L3 and takes 0 dmg! Amazing =D

btw. MoonKnight has better powercontrol then Iceman! ... during right moonphase of course :/
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Immunity doesnt matter if you play like an absolute god, they are good in aq, but so are other champs bros

What about nodes like bleed, poison, Caltrops . Don't need to get hit for those
  • Good_HUBGood_HUB Posts: 23
    for me personally it's bcoz of a) triple immunity and b) easy solution against evading champions like spidey and NC
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Iceman is god tier, end of discussion.
  • He has huge damage output if you heavy attack the frostbites
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    are you mad coz u dont have him ?????
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
  • ShalomShalom Posts: 16
    people take this game seriously it is just a game people made for fun I don't get the **** people always complain oh this champ is not good this one is useless it is made for fun
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★

Are you serious? Ice = absolute versatility

- Full immune

- Shuts down evade

- Can eat SP3 all day (ever fight Map 6 Hyperion?)

- MAIN aspect not discussed here: Deals damage over time to immune champs. NOONE is immune to coldsnap and frostbites. Simple example, Dorm.

um. Corvus when Glaive is up. IMIw when armor is up. Mephisto. All are immune to coldsnap and frostbite.

I would say Iceman is Demigod when awakened.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    He's very cool.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Smh, another post rewind
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Gotta love thea rt of Necromancy
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    You listed 3 things he does that other champs do one of. That's why he's god-tier.

Also, I guess you aren't at a level that has bleed and poison nodes, or bio-hazard, or caltrops. There's lots of reasons why you need immune champs besides "getting hit".
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

What kind of logic is that...? You don't even understand your own disconnect here, do you?

First of all, while there are several champs that can do certain things out of his repertoire, he can do all those things at once.
    You didn't really think this through at all.

Second of all, did you just start playing...? There are so many situations in which his immunities shine. Ever heard of biohazard? Caltrops? It's not only about you getting hit, mate.

Maybe learn more about the game in general, before opening such a thread.

Honestly, I don't even like iceman, but this is just ridiculous.

ridiculous and like 1.5 years old.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    I have him as rank 5 never regretted it.
  • Iron_web93Iron_web93 Posts: 53
    NormanBJJ said:

Raa wrote: »

Name one champ that bypasses evade from the start of the fight til the end. Add that to his triple immunities, the fact that frostbites aren't considered debuffs and his ability to take an l3 like it was a basic hit and tell me why he is overhyped.

Magneto can tank multiple l3's from Hyperion, unlike Iceman which requires the ice armor. Triple immunity does NOT matter unless you get hit or run suicides, Evade doesn't matter unless they are stun immune, Crossbones can stop evade right from the beginning with furies

So, Triple Immunity doesn't matter when you come across a poison or bleed node? Getting hit doesn't matter there. AA is great...if you can bleed the opponent. Iceman is not always the best option, like any other champion, but he is a great option in a lot of different scenarios. Not to mention unavoidable damage as an AW defender if awakened.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    NormanBJJ said:

Read the poll a couple of posts down rather than starting a new thread as it has your answers

I read that poll, and the Iceman hype needs to die, he is not the only champ that can counter evade, and he is not the only champ that can tank an l3....

His damage isn't good compared to other champs either

How many of those can do all that in one champion... THAT is why he is god.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    NormanBJJ said:

I'm very curious, why do people consider him god tier? The hype needs to die.

Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison

Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs

He can tank and L3: So can the Magnetos, does that make them god tier??

Wow you are naive or a new player or both.

First, triple immunities. Try a poison, bleed or incinerate node in which you dont get hit. You still get damage because it is passive or you get damage when you are hitting the enemy. I.e. Biohazard, some paths, Caltrops, posion paths etc.

Coldsnap: shuts down evade from the beginning of the fight instead of risking getting intercepted into oblivion. Og spidy, Nightcrawler, Black widow etc. Those other champs with ability accuracy reduction need to hit many times before they even take advantage of their use. How about a OG spidy on a posion node. Good luck with that.

He can take SP3. Iceman gets only 5 percent damage due to ice armor protection. You are saying magneto? Hyperion with 30,000 PI on a Quest gets magneto KO with a couple of SP3. Iceman takes only 5 percent damage meaning he can survive at least 18 SP3s.

Extra damage from frostbites. Just read the DESCRIPTION.

Extra damage on sp2. My 5:50 iceman does more than 20,000 damage on sp2 hits combined. Imagine a 5:65 iceman.

Now before posting silly stuff inform yourself so you dont look like a 🤪🤤
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    You just listed 3 op abilities that three different champs have all available to just him I’d say that’s decent utility and you just answered your own question
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Someone pointed this out, but I will repeat it: the original post and next 4 page discussion was from September 2017. Let this post Rest In Peace, please.