**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Recent Ghost phasing intercept bug?

Comments

• Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    TIP:

- Medium phase by opponent
    - Dash back
    - Dash in Medium (cue)
    - Counter with ghost

This is what I have noticed thus far and exists mainly for first few seconds of fight (8-12)
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

Yeah, the enemy AI behavior has COMPLETELY changed. It’s much harder to use Ghost now. I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but she went from a very fun and unique character to use to essentially complete garbage. If you ever wanted to guarantee that every single hit you throw gets blocked, Ghost is the champ to use in the version 22.0 update. @Kabam Miike I know this is a little on the “conspiracy” side of things but maybe you could just please mention it to the team anyway for us. Either that or give me a rank down ticket. I just took my 5* Ghost to rank 5 a couple days ago, I had a ton of fun using her, I was better than all my alliance mates at using her, and now I can barely use her at all. Something happened that made it so using Ghost is different.

The fact they're ignoring us is a clear indication that she was silently nerfed.
    But ghost wasn’t changed...therefore not nerfed.

The AI was adapted to fix a loophole/exploit/bug that Ghost was able to take advantage of to great success. She was literally able to dash back and wait for the enemy to attack then to count to 1 or two and win fights.

The AI is rightfully adjusted when things like this pop up. Nothing new.
    So AI recovering quicker than u isnt a bug/nerf/change? Tell me how quick u can hold/bring up ur block once u have executed a light attack that misses the opponents and it parries? Tell me how are these AIs 'dexing' out of your medium when its impossible for them to have masteries?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    FactorQ said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

Yeah, the enemy AI behavior has COMPLETELY changed. It’s much harder to use Ghost now. I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but she went from a very fun and unique character to use to essentially complete garbage. If you ever wanted to guarantee that every single hit you throw gets blocked, Ghost is the champ to use in the version 22.0 update. @Kabam Miike I know this is a little on the “conspiracy” side of things but maybe you could just please mention it to the team anyway for us. Either that or give me a rank down ticket. I just took my 5* Ghost to rank 5 a couple days ago, I had a ton of fun using her, I was better than all my alliance mates at using her, and now I can barely use her at all. Something happened that made it so using Ghost is different.

The fact they're ignoring us is a clear indication that she was silently nerfed.

The AI was adapted to fix a loophole/exploit/bug that Ghost was able to take advantage of to great success. She was literally able to dash back and wait for the enemy to attack then to count to 1 or two and win fights.

It's not a loophole/exploit/bug, it's intended, which is why to play her well you absolutely need to rely on phasing an attack and then countering. Even mentions it in her spotlight:

I don’t see what you’re saying being mentioned in the information you provided. Sounds like they intended her to be played similar to Vulture.
    Mike12867 said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

So AI recovering quicker than u isnt a bug/nerf/change? Tell me how quick u can hold/bring up ur block once u have executed a light attack that misses the opponents and it parries? Tell me how are these AIs 'dexing' out of your medium when its impossible for them to have masteries?
    The AI is defending itself using the game’s mechanics, same thing players have been able to do for a long time.
    edited March 2019
    Mike12867 said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

It would be a change in the AI behavior which employs the same mechanics available to players. That’s not a change to Ghost herself.

How quick? I dunno, I do not let the AI take advantage of those mechanics, just like the AI has now adapted to not let the player take advantage.

“Dexterity without dexterity” has been in the game for months, if not a year or more, it’s not new and certainly not impossible. I can show you videos and time stamps from long ago of me and others fighting without dexterity yet evading melee attacks against the AI, which the AI is now employing to defend itself.

• Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    Well, glad I have not ranked my 5* to R5 quite yet. I have noticed the AI behavior changing for a while now with reaction time. Recently in Variant using Gambit to try to chain stun on first chapter. I can keep it up for a while (10+ S1's) and then all of the sudden, the defender able to block the S1 randomly out of nowhere.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Honestly for me the timings out with everyone, just so noticeable with ghost, if the defender punches twice; my first evade saves me wide open to the second hit as it’s faster than it used to be. and there is that timing where you can’t block for a millisecond, if I get hit, I get the frozen to the ground and can’t slide out after they finish hitting me so I take another combo, im often getting dex evaded as I rush in after a special, definitely noticed they are recovering faster after specials or heavies and the window to hit them is tiny without being evaded and then hit straight away, oh and I noticed with the nicknfurie event that evade punch is back with ultron, game is terrible to play all round for me right now, I think basically the ai has been sped up
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    You guys might want to ignore anyone who doesn’t have ghost and loves to argue the contrarian opinion just for the sake of arguing.

They do it every time (t1a shortage, loyalty refund, etc) and even when consistently proven wrong by kabam ultimately acquiescing to the uproar, they will never stop trying to derail your constructive threads.

Stay focused. This is clearly an issue. Whether or not it was intended to nerf a high-skill/high-reward champ needs to be clarified by kabam.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just got parried in AW. If I attack earlier I'll get punched in the face. WTH am I supposed to do here KABAM?
  • poknjnuuupoknjnuuu Posts: 19
    I’ve noticed it. The AI doesn’t go into a block or Evade every time they miss a phasing ghost, but it happens often enough that you just can’t use this mechanic anymore. I got a r5 awakened ghost that I maybe can’t use in war now. Grr.

I haven’t played her in a war yet on v23 but getting parried unfairly like this will get you killed, no question. It really does look like Kabam have changed the ai to perform impossible parries to deliberately nerf ghost. Please explain, Kabam.
  • Just got parried in AW. If I attack earlier I'll get punched in the face. WTH am I supposed to do here KABAM?

Haiz, same here as I’ve just got intercepted by a special during my intercept after AI two misses in AW. If I’m able to post the video here then you guys shall see how ridiculous it is. Impossible to avoid or block. At least using other champs I still can know when to expect a special.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96

FactorQ said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

It's not a loophole/exploit/bug, it's intended, which is why to play her well you absolutely need to rely on phasing an attack and then countering. Even mentions it in her spotlight:

I don’t see what you’re saying being mentioned in the information you provided. Sounds like they intended her to be played similar to Vulture.
    So they intended for her to not be played at all is what you mean?
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    Same issues here with that sped up reaction and evade in the middle of the combo, its bad to players so Kabam will fix it in next update if it was bad to them they would fix it in a day
    Grimv717 said:

FactorQ said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

That would be you putting words in my mouth.
  • poknjnuuu said:

I’ve noticed it. The AI doesn’t go into a block or Evade every time they miss a phasing ghost, but it happens often enough that you just can’t use this mechanic anymore. I got a r5 awakened ghost that I maybe can’t use in war now. Grr.

I haven’t played her in a war yet on v23 but getting parried unfairly like this will get you killed, no question. It really does look like Kabam have changed the ai to perform impossible parries to deliberately nerf ghost. Please explain, Kabam.

Yes, it doesn’t always happens but it’s happening in a random way which no one able to predict. But if the AI does it in a predictable way then at least we can train for it. That’s why I say MCOC has now became a game of luck rather than skill for ghost players.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96

Grimv717 said:

FactorQ said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

You're saying that Ghost should be used the same as Vulture, and very few if any use Vulture, so you're saying she is intended to not be used. You're putting words in your own mouth bud.
    Grimv717 said:

Grimv717 said:

FactorQ said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

You're saying that Ghost should be used the same as Vulture, and very few if any use Vulture, so you're saying she is intended to not be used. You're putting words in your own mouth bud.
    Not at all what I said bud. “Sounds like they intended her to be played similar to Vulture.”=\= “You're saying that Ghost should be used the same as Vulture...”
    Kobster84 said:

Grimv717 said:

Grimv717 said:

FactorQ said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

Not at all what I said bud. “Sounds like they intended her to be played similar to Vulture.”=\= “You're saying that Ghost should be used the same as Vulture...”
    Only thing I’ll say if it was a bug how come they let everyone rank her up for like 6 months before fixing it
    Bug has many definitions one of which is “unintended interaction”, if it was unintended then it would take time to identify, investigate and come up with a proper solution to it. It appears the AI reacting to Ghost’s phase, or “miss”, mechanic is something the AI was not programmed for, but now is.

What they appear to have done is investigate (takes time) then change the AI’s behavior so it would not allow the “unintended interaction” while also not changing the intended mechanics of Ghost.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Grimv717 said:

Grimv717 said:

FactorQ said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

Only thing I’ll say if it was a bug how come they let everyone rank her up for like 6 months before fixing it
    Bug has many definitions one of which is “unintended interaction”, if it was unintended then it would take time to identify, investigate and come up with a proper solution to it. It appears the AI reacting to Ghost’s phase, or “miss”, mechanic is something the AI was not programmed for, but now is.

What they appear to have done is investigate (takes time) then change the AI’s behavior so it would not allow the “unintended interaction” while also not changing the intended mechanics of Ghost.
    If it took them 7 months to even identify the bug no offense but kabam really needs to up their game
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    It the ai because it happen with all champ
  • I just got parryed when phasing-intercept a Venom in AW. This never happened in the past few seasons.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Imo it's only because of @PandamanPete videos that made me realise how powerful Ghost was and thanks to this I used my few catalysts ranking her up to 5 65 and completed my first LoL path. I hope that Ghost mechanics will take benefit like before, because all of us took much time to play "correctly" with her style. Her fighting is pure skill, not like blade or other easy champions. She is hard to use, but strong if used correctly and so she has to be. Now, if the AI update is permanent, she will be HARDER to use, but still strong if used that way.... But Ghost is the very first problem of this "new" AI. I think that in future we will face the famous problem with opponent recovering soon enough to block our special. Or maybe one day we won't be able to "special intercept" the enemy's dash because the opponent sees that hit did not land his dash and hold the block.
    Sorry for my bad English, I hope I explained my thoughts.
  • Coatseyyyyy33Coatseyyyyy33 Posts: 56
    Just been parried 3 times in war, 5/65 ghost user, taken the same path for the last 2 seasons never been parried.

Got parried in the first 3 fights lane 5.

FIX THIS! Serious nerf!!!
  • LuispinedaLuispineda Posts: 54
    edited March 2019
    The ia recovers faster when you use ghost, this can be a silent nerf or simply a bug o.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0E0whtb5g