**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why do people think that Ice Man is "god tier"??

12346»

Comments

• Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    NormanBJJ said:

I'm very curious, why do people consider him god tier? The hype needs to die.

Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison

Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs

He can tank and L3: So can the Magnetos, does that make them god tier??

Aside from the fact you mention two champs that have abilities found in one single champ.. don’t know if you realize or not.. but if you come across a bleed or poison node .. you take damage regardless of getting hit.. he has a dot which most champs aren’t immune to.. out of curiosity.. when was the last time you used magneto in war for an aon node? Cause people use bobby drake pretty often for it..

• DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    I have a Unduped 5* R4 iceman, AQ/AW/Quests he does the job!

I have a duped 4* R5 iceman too again AQ/AW/Quests.

When im doing AQ and AW i use both!

AW i take my 5*
    AQ i take my 4*

My alliance know i take the bleed/poison paths hence why.

He just does what many many champions cant do. Awesome Heavy! Ice Armor and your opponents SP3 does Max damage off 5*, the only champion who have multiple immunities on average other champs may have 1 or maximum 2.
  • QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    Simple. He's not. Haha.
    In fact, there's no such thing as God tier. Different champs for different situations. Many of the situations you would use Iceman for you can find others that handle them better. He's good definitely. "God tier" not in my opinion.
    Not great for anti evasion if they're on stun immune or limber. Triple immunity is nice though. Damage is ok.
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    People need to realise this was a post from 1 and a half years ago and not yesterday...
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    sbdjdk said:

People need to realise this was a post from 1 and a half years ago and not yesterday...

You're not the first to point that out.
  • Ronny_Ronny_ Posts: 66
    For u - magneto = god tire
    For other - iceman = god tire
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    NormanBJJ said:

Raa wrote: »

Name one champ that bypasses evade from the start of the fight til the end. Add that to his triple immunities, the fact that frostbites aren't considered debuffs and his ability to take an l3 like it was a basic hit and tell me why he is overhyped.

Magneto can tank multiple l3's from Hyperion, unlike Iceman which requires the ice armor. Triple immunity does NOT matter unless you get hit or run suicides, Evade doesn't matter unless they are stun immune, Crossbones can stop evade right from the beginning with furies

Here is the problem with this whole thread you a comparing iceman to like 6 did people instead of on like AA can do a lot of damage but can he tank sp3 has 3 immunity’s no he can’t while ice man can and even if magneto can tank sp3 he doesn’t have 3 immunities or he can’t stop evades while ice man can like ice man can do more then everyone you are mentioning
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★

He has huge damage output if you heavy attack the frostbites

Why did you revive this dead post from over 2 years ago?
  • Drstu3000Drstu3000 Posts: 31
    If your plan is to never get hit then every champ is God tier
  • CadecusCadecus Posts: 16
    Congratulations on this troll job, you got the attention you so obviously desired with such a wrong question.

And congratulations on your humble-brag warlord status, never having to worry about evade or immunities or getting hit during any fight ever. You are the best. But for the rest of us mere mortals, we'll take an Iceman.

Your assertion that there are other characters that can do what Iceman does is just super. Except when you consider that having a team of 5 characters who have abilities comparable to Iceman is preposterous when you can have 1 Iceman who has all of those abilities and can bring them to every fight all at once.

But you know these things. I get it.
    Cadecus said:

Congratulations on this troll job, you got the attention you so obviously desired with such a wrong question.

And congratulations on your humble-brag warlord status, never having to worry about evade or immunities or getting hit during any fight ever. You are the best. But for the rest of us mere mortals, we'll take an Iceman.

Your assertion that there are other characters that can do what Iceman does is just super. Except when you consider that having a team of 5 characters who have abilities comparable to Iceman is preposterous when you can have 1 Iceman who has all of those abilities and can bring them to every fight all at once.

But you know these things. I get it.

Preach this whole thread is so idotoc

idiotic
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    - Triple Immunity, Playing perfect doesnt make this useless lol (Suicides, Morningstar, Caltrops Node, Bleed/poison Nodes, Abomination, etc)
    -
    - Special 2 with perfect timing on expiring coldsnaps can hit over 100k damage if you have 6 coldsnaps lol
    (Depending on Rank and level of your Iceman, Im going based on a 5/65)

- Ice Armour can tank special 3s with Ice Armour.

- Solid defender when duped

You clearly dont have an Iceman or dont know how to use him. Playing "Perfect" doesnt make him useless.
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    IMIW, SABERTOOTH, CORVUS, maybe GHOST, not sure who else is immune to Coldsnap out of the over 200 champs, 25% health loss at the start of the fight without even touching you, stack the coldsnap and pop with a heavy to get over 3k damage, ice armor provides and short stun immune, eat sp3 all day. Yeah go ahead and doubt my r4 5* sig200 iceman isnt Gid Tier, I'll continue freezing the battlerealm.
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    Sounds like u take only certain paths in QUEST. While I'm always like "left or right" don't matter to me and iceman
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    LET IT GOOOO

LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Gert1s_Da_guruGert1s_Da_guru Posts: 66
    NormanBJJ said:

Triple immunity is good when you get hit, or good for suicides. If you play perfectly you shouldn't get hit

What about bleed poison nodes in war?what about mefistos incinerate?what if he had coldsanp immunity as well like he should?he can stop evades without having to hit opponents unlike aa who needs to stack toxins.he can tank sp3 all day long magneto after a couple sp3 will go to 1% health and then die from a blocked hit.what a noob question to ask really..look at dorky daves video showing how he can do 100k damage with one sp2.hes a beast
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Primmer79 said:

LET IT GOOOO

LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• cherascheras Posts: 112
    This thread is too long, what is the overall result?

Is Iceman GOD or not?
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    He's dog tier
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Even this thread's OP was banned!