**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    CFree said:

CFree said:

I never called for rank down tickets until now. If I had known 4*s weren’t aloud in Act6 I would not have ranked up 2 of them.

Really. You ranked them just for an unreleased chapter?

(Also, I agree. 4* should be more quiet.)
    I did not rank them specifically for Act 6. But if I had known they could not be used in Act 6 I would have made a different choice.
    That makes little sense to me, but to each his own.
    Makes to me, would have kept the resources instead of flushing them down the toilet
    CFree said:

You just said you didn’t rank them specifically for Act 6, so it’s not flushed down the toilet. You ranked them for a non-Act 6 purpose. How are Act 6 restrictions affecting that rationale?

just as kabam plays the long game we need to do that also, and be carefull we
    CFree said:

Kobster84 said:

CFree said:

You just said you didn’t rank them specifically for Act 6, so it’s not flushed down the toilet. You ranked them for a non-Act 6 purpose. How are Act 6 restrictions affecting that rationale?

Your not getting it if he had known act 6 had the restrictions he wouldn’t have ranked them it’s quite simple
    You’re not getting it. He ranked them for a purpose that can still be served regardless of Act 6.
    CFree resources are way to scarce in this joke of a game, so restrictions like these make us change accordingly so no you are not right, we need to plan as tough we were going to act 6, why spend months of resources in something outdated? :open_mouth:
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    CFree said:

Kobster84 said:

CFree said:

Your not getting it if he had known act 6 had the restrictions he wouldn’t have ranked them it’s quite simple
    You’re not getting it. He ranked them for a purpose that can still be served regardless of Act 6.
    I think it's the loss of the resources he is upset with. he didn't rank specifically for act 6 but he ranked believing they would be useful for act 6 as well as other content. If the restrictions had been made available he could have saved the resources to rank champs that would have been useful in both act 6 and other content
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Dshu said:

CFree said:

Kobster84 said:

CFree said:

I think it's the loss of the resources he is upset with. he didn't rank specifically for act 6 but he ranked believing they would be useful for act 6 as well as other content. If the restrictions had been made available he could have saved the resources to rank champs that would have been useful in both act 6 and other content
    Of course it’s not a loss of resources when the 4* were used for whatever purposes they were ranked prior to any announcement for Act 6. But okay. He needs an excuse. I get it.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★

I'm not saying I disagree with the majority here, but I can't help but wonder...

Why wasn't there the same level of outrage when the requirements for Variant difficulty were released?

When looking at Act 6 and Variant, both are permanent, both have requirements that would only allow the use of roughly 1/3 of your whole roster, and both inherently contain significant synergy disadvantages (in fact, Variant was possibly MORE restrictive as Act 6's restriction can be overcome with luck).

Not looking to start a debate, but I am curious what people have to say about this.

Variant was acceptable because:
    1. We could use our entire roster, albeit split into chunks of 33% but there was an opportunity to utilize any champion you've ranked. The restriction created a challenge that players could interact with rather than cutting off access to the majority of a players options for no apparent gameplay reason.
    2. Overcoming a class restriction is much more reasonable than a rarity restriction because of how the game is designed. Due to RNG in champion acquisition the only way to address gaps in your available abilities and synergies is to use lower rarity champions which are significantly easier to obtain. Variant allowed this.
    3. Special Quest versus Story Quest. While not as applicable in this case there will be cases in the future where the distinction matters. For example if they put out a special quest where we can only use avengers which ties into the story for that quest and also is balanced around that restriction that could be fun. Story quest content is the main content that we expect to be able to utilize our full roster, or else why progress it? The same avenger only restriction on the main story quests would be unacceptable.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Hey All,

I wanted to drop one more note in here on something unrelated to the Champion Restrictions. We've just granted a very small group of Content Creators early access to Act 6 Chapter 1 Quest 1. The purpose of this is so that they can make educational videos for you all on what you can expect in that first Quest before it is even live.

These Creators will be playing on their own account, with their own resources and team. They have not had any resources granted to them, and they will not be eligible for the Legends rewards from Chapter 1.

We'll be sharing out their content with you all as they release it closer to the release of Act 6 Ch1.

Possible to provide a list so videos are easier to find not all content creators are well known enough to trust blind content searches
    He just said they will share the videos closer to the release of it. You don't have to go looking for them.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Releasing game footage from content creators doesn't address the fact that many players will have their rosters seriously handicapped by the restrictions.

Agreed one this one
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    zeezee57 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

DNA3000 said:

Seatin said:

This game should be about skill & strategy

It has always been about twitch skill, strategy, and roster progress. And of those three, one of them is the foundation the game is built on, and unlikely to be altered by asking.
    Why shouldn’t a skilled player be allowed to do content with 4*

Why shouldn't a skilled player be allowed to do content with 4* champs? Here's the converse question. Why should any player be allowed to bypass the process of building a wide and high ranking roster, when that's one of the objectives of the game? Why should twitch skills be prioritized over roster building? What makes that objectively better?
    Because building a wide roster above 4* rarity is entirely out of our control. You get what pops out of the crystal and that's that.
    Yes and no. Yes, crystal drops are random, but that doesn't mean building a wide roster is entirely out of our control. I've made it a priority to work towards building such a roster since forever. You can't control random drops, but you can control how you play the game and optimize towards maximizing the number of drops you get, and the diversity of the roster you have. And while you cannot directly target 5* champs outside of the featured arena, you can specifically build larger wider rosters using the 4* basic arena, which is an incremental improvement that increases the rate at which you get 5* shards through duplication and improves the strength of your roster for arena grinding. There are a lot of things under player control, and I generally try to optimize all of them.

If you have only five, or ten, or even twenty 5* champs the odds of having particular or particularly strong ones is not very high. But if you have sixty or eighty or more those odds increase dramatically.

Of course, not everyone can grind the arena for champs or put the same amount of gameplay I do to try to build roster. But that's no different from saying that not everyone can put in the time and practice to become a great interceptor or a great evader.

Any one opening is luck. But the difference between someone who has a wide roster and someone who has only a narrow one is not luck.
  • Some players have invested a huge amount of time on arenas, and money, to add 4-star champs to their roster. Not letting them use these champs on this act is an offense to those players.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Some players have invested a huge amount of time on arenas, and money, to add 4-star champs to their roster. Not letting them use these champs on this act is an offense to those players.

Agerd I’m don’t se the point. Only ther don’t wont singtge to be use. Maybe that why
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Will Act 6 show up (locked) if you are still on Act 4?
  • Will Act 6 show up (locked) if you are still on Act 4?

You'll be able to see it, yes. Just won't be able to enter
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Will Act 6 show up (locked) if you are still on Act 4?

You'll be able to see it, yes. Just won't be able to enter
    Thank you for your prompt response! Who are some champions that will be helpful for Act 5. I know I'm not done with Act 4, but want to start preparing as I work on finishing Act 4.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

@DNA3000
    "Yes and no. Yes, crystal drops are random, but that doesn't mean building a wide roster is entirely out of our control. I've made it a priority to work towards building such a roster since forever. You can't control random drops, but you can control how you play the game and optimize towards maximizing the number of drops you get, and the diversity of the roster you have. And while you cannot directly target 5* champs outside of the featured arena, you can specifically build larger wider rosters using the 4* basic arena, which is an incremental improvement that increases the rate at which you get 5* shards through duplication and improves the strength of your roster for arena grinding. There are a lot of things under player control, and I generally try to optimize all of them."

This entire paragraph is complete BS from one of the more respected people on the forums. Im sorry but if I actually had control then "Optimize towards maximizing the number of drops" wouldn't produce a sig 160 Hulkbuster, 100-Sym Spidey, 120-She-hulk (although the buff is solid), 80 Colossus and my personal favorite sig 100 Old man Logan. This game is based on Luck and how much you spend (Either time or money). Trying to sell people on anything different is blindly supporting a company pushing PTW. You have stated a number of times in this thread how we as players have control, yet that is the furthest thing from the truth. We as players are at the mercy of RNG.

He’s saying that if you open more 5* crystals you increase your odds of pulling more good ones. Someone who opens 100 crystals is likely to end up with more desirable champs than someone who opens 20. This is difficult to dispute.

You control how many crystals you open by the amount of arena and content you do, or by your spending.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Hey All,

I wanted to drop one more note in here on something unrelated to the Champion Restrictions. We've just granted a very small group of Content Creators early access to Act 6 Chapter 1 Quest 1. The purpose of this is so that they can make educational videos for you all on what you can expect in that first Quest before it is even live.

These Creators will be playing on their own account, with their own resources and team. They have not had any resources granted to them, and they will not be eligible for the Legends rewards from Chapter 1.

We'll be sharing out their content with you all as they release it closer to the release of Act 6 Ch1.

Really.. this is the response you needed to take a day for and think over before informing the community?? Are you serious??
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

m sorry but if I actually had control then "Optimize towards maximizing the number of drops" wouldn't produce a sig 160 Hulkbuster, 100-Sym Spidey, 120-She-hulk (although the buff is solid), 80 Colossus and my personal favorite sig 100 Old man Logan. This game is based on Luck and how much you spend (Either time or money).

As you say, this game is based on luck, how much money you spend, and how much time you spend. Completely agree. And two of those things are under the control of the player.

Beyond that, I would add that how you spend your time and money also influences your overall progress, something else the player has control over. There are efficient and inefficient ways to spend both time and money. Someone spending all their cash on units to burn on FGMCs is unlikely to get a great return on that cash. They could get lucky. But someone who spends their cash in other ways, like waiting for better offers or on things that will accelerate their ability to run higher difficulty content directly, is much more likely to ratchet upward higher and more consistently. A similar thing is true with regards to time.
  • ManGlitterManGlitter Posts: 15
    CFree said:

Dshu said:

CFree said:

Kobster84 said:

CFree said:

Of course it’s not a loss of resources when the 4* were used for whatever purposes they were ranked prior to any announcement for Act 6. But okay. He needs an excuse. I get it.
    Act 6 was announced. YouTubers have been talking about preparing for it. Saving resources for it. I have been saving units and other resources for it. You don’t get it. It’s not an excuse.