**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Recent Ghost phasing intercept bug?

Comments

• QueqqueeQueqquee Posts: 48
    5/65 user. Just ate an sa1 in the face from Angela coming out from phase.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Entire point of phasing is that they lose sight of you completely and can’t see your attack coming.

This new AI can see the invisible so well that they react as if she’s visible.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Why do we throw around silent nerf so much.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited March 2019
    I don't know about recent silent nerf. Yes, AI has been getting smarter (if comparing year to year). Ghost is still top tier, but you may have to parry more often if they aren't cooperative.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    peasant said:

I don't know about recent silent nerf. Yes, AI has been getting smarter (if comparing year to year). Ghost is still top tier, but you may have to parry more often if they aren't cooperative.

One day the AI will learn how to parry and dex and that will be the end of mcoc.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Ghost is fine.
  • CΛSTLECΛSTLE Posts: 3
    This also happened in war, got parried by a Dormammu on CT doing a routine intercept with her, now this has cost me alliance pots. Where is the response to this fiasco @Kabam Miike ?
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Looks like its only when you try to punish a light while phasing
    Mediums have more whiff recovery than lights
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Also getting SP1 to the face while the opponent is mid punch. Awesome stuff!
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    This is a JOKE. If they changed AI in the game then they changed the AI against all chars. Probably had to tweak it with invisible woman coming out. But nonetheless, stop whining...

Wahhh wahhhh... get over it and play around it. Oh my god she went to the best champ in the game synergied to the best champ or #2 in the game.

Why wouldn’t the champions back up or stop trying to hit you if your phased..

This isn’t a bug, it’s common sense that was now fixed
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    This was a good video

As a visual aid for the ghost “situation”

https://youtu.be/1M0E0whtb5g
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Cranmer00 said:

This is a JOKE. If they changed AI in the game then they changed the AI against all chars. Probably had to tweak it with invisible woman coming out. But nonetheless, stop whining...

Wahhh wahhhh... get over it and play around it. Oh my god she went to the best champ in the game synergied to the best champ or #2 in the game.

Why wouldn’t the champions back up or stop trying to hit you if your phased..

This isn’t a bug, it’s common sense that was now fixed

I take it you spent resources to rank up a ghost. If so you’d probably feel differently
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    @Luispineda I did some testing today and its not for all fights. Will make a video on it but its not a huge problem actually.

The bigger problem is how is AI 'dexing' out of your attacks. and I have videos to prove it
  • TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    My question is, are they going to improve on our block proficiency and masteries so they actually work?
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

AI is improved, great, that’s called game progression. It made no sense before when she was phase and now it does.

If some one went invisible while you were swinging at them, you would prob back up or get in a defensive mode, not just keeping on like everything is normal.. the different options the AI now functioning properly as it was common sense

We can handle it but why not be transparent about it and mention in changelogs?
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Cranmer00 said:

AI is improved, great, that’s called game progression. It made no sense before when she was phase and now it does.

If some one went invisible while you were swinging at them, you would prob back up or get in a defensive mode, not just keeping on like everything is normal.. the different options the AI now functioning properly as it was common sense

If someone is made of tree like groot, KG they should be take more damage from incinerate,
    If someone is naturally burning like GR, should be immune to incinerate,
    If someone made of ice, why not immune to coldsnap,
    If someone went to invincible, they should backup but why not against actual invincible one like Hood, as far as i know, phasing is quite different than invincible.
    Just consider this as a indirect nerf to all ghost players.
  • Enclv3Enclv3 Posts: 18
    So i understand how it can be really frustrating for Ghost players, but the issue affects everyone. The AI is recovering way too fast for everyone. With champs with slower combos sometimes you’ll miss the last hit of an MLLLM combo or you’ll miss a special after your combo. And the enemy can miss a heavy attack that you try to intercept and they can use a special and catch you on your way in to hit them. It’s complete BS and it is a change from this update. And I’m not going to play this horribly developed game if they’re not going to fix this NOW
  • Enclv3Enclv3 Posts: 18
    So this isn’t just a Ghost problem. It’s an AI recovery bug where they AI can be part way through doing an action and switch to a different action it wants to do too fast. The AI wants to block, but it can’t because of performing a heavy attack. Well no more! Now the AI can block while simeltaneously charging a heavy attack or being mid way through the heavy attack. This hurts Ghost players the most because of how Ghost works, but this hurts everyone because every enemy does this **** now
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    1. AI breaks ghost
    2. Baiting specials is harder
    3. AI is smarter, waits out player buffs etc
    4. Suspiciously, kabam has yet to explain anything
  • OredTAT24OredTAT24 Posts: 5
    To State that the AI is getting smarter is a cheap and SORY way to address the problem! shes called Ghost and when an attack is coming towards her she phases and surprise, You take a hit! that's common sense you cant DEX or EVADE something you can't see, so there is no way to prepare, she phases( invisible) you take a hit bottom line. but instead we have to read **** like " The AI is just getting too smart so it prepares to dex back" ...PLEASE! Its BS and you know it!

Plus Ghost is a hard enough champ to master you need synergies for her to be worth something good and not everyone can adjust to her play style. so just fix the problem... for the true Ghost day to day players we know there's a problem! just fix it, you always make double the money back. and if she would end up like this provide rank down tickits because she will be more trash setting in the game as is.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    It's only because you are using 4*.
    Since 4* are irrevelent to the game, now, AI is not putting any effort at trying to sp you. :D:D:D
    The devs told the AI to crush the 4*, so we buy lotsa shards to get 5-6*. ;););)
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Just went against a korg in AW with ghost. Phase and waited three misses and went to intercept and got parried. This has never happened before. Thanks for the nerf kabam
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    This is trash. I’ve never once been parried after the AI throws three missed hits and I intercept until today. Garbage kabam.
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    I wonder what's going on in their heads right now.
    Obviously this thread has been seen.
    They probably have strict orders not to reply until Kabam figured out if they can salvage this messup.

This isn't an AI buff. It's broken recovery times in order to counter ghost. They got an autoblock/autoevade feature from the look of the videos I've seen and that doesn't even match the general pattern we all see the AI been polished in. The AI did get a buff and it's actually nice. This is another thing tho.

This is illicit.
  • StarKillerVIIStarKillerVII Posts: 75
    Is this issue going to be addressed??
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    This is a real thing.