**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI not throwing specials

AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
Anyone else feels that ever since this update baiting the specials are way more difficult than before?

Comments

• Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 337
    It is more difficult. Especially in the Recon Initiative event. It's a bit ridiculous.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★

It is more difficult. Especially in the Recon Initiative event. It's a bit ridiculous.

I found it impossible to bait in the aq today
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    I have noticed less aggressive defenders but not overall any big issues
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★

I found it impossible to bait in the aq today
    I also had this problem i ate a sp3 from vision and i had been trying to bait his sp1.. It is also just as bad in recon event..
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Agree.. Bait didn't work in recon event, Champs not throwing in specials unless its sp3
  • HerrPopopHerrPopop Posts: 185
    Mordo's AI doesn't activate specials that often..2 updates before his AI wasn't so defensive
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    I didn't had any problem as I don't know how to bait modok's sp 1 and today it kept throwing L1s.....maybe y'all should try taunting the defenders
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Also theyre blocking my specials after my combos. This almost never happened before the update
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    edited March 2019
    I feel the same but I said screw it!! If I'm going down its swinging and to a sp3 LEROOOOY JJENKINS!!!

But it is frustrating none the less.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I fought someone (cant remember who) and they wouldn't throw any specials. They reached special 3 but still didnt use it. It gets nerve wreaking and is vey annoying
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    Wayntos said:

I feel the same but I said screw it!! If I'm going down its swinging and to a sp3 LEROOOOY JJENKINS!!!

But it is frustrating none the less.

Old skool gaming quote 👍
  • Hey all, I'd like to talk to the team about this. Can you let me know where you're seeing this behaviour? What Quests and Difficulty (easier AI tends to throw specials less often), what Map you're on in AQ, etc.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    5* featured arena Kang/Thanos teams rarely use specials. Mostly they save up for sp3, and then about 40% of the time they just never use the sp3 at all. It’s very obnoxious.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Regular quests and AW
  • BeardedRukusBeardedRukus Posts: 19
    Anyone experiencing the AI not throwing their specials. Happening in most of all game content. Noticed first in Epic Fury quest against killmonger, noticed also in uncollected quests in general, aq, and in aw. Seems like the AI was tweaked a bit in this update.

Hey all, I'd like to talk to the team about this. Can you let me know where you're seeing this behaviour? What Quests and Difficulty (easier AI tends to throw specials less often), what Map you're on in AQ, etc.

I experienced it in Map 4 AQ against Agent Venom, I was using Domino
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Aréna...4*/5*
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★

Hey all, I'd like to talk to the team about this. Can you let me know where you're seeing this behaviour? What Quests and Difficulty (easier AI tends to throw specials less often), what Map you're on in AQ, etc.

I notice this when I’m fighting and I keep hitting the opponent and he goes to a special 3. Then he used the special 3 on me. Bam then I take damage... it just keeps happening

• Drstu3000Drstu3000 Posts: 31
    Seems to be all across the board, opponents just stop and block for extended periods of time as well
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★

Check out seatin's video on cap marvel gameplay against civil warrior
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★

Anyone else feels that ever since this update baiting the specials are way more difficult than before?

A friend of mine was watching me play yesterday and he asked if the event I was playing had an "all or nothing" node because they just wouldn't throw their specials. At one point, I tried baiting a cornered Red Hulk SP1 to the point where he cornered me and he STILL didn't throw till he got to his SP3. This was in arena btw. I've experienced it in arena & EQs.
    Let's hope Kabam fixes it ASAP
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    MS in Map 5 today was brutal. Spent half the fight simply baiting her stupid SP1.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    In aq it's now harder t bait specials
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★

I’ve been grinding arenas heavy. Lots of fights. Vast increase of sp3. Definitely changed how they throw sp1&2. Dancing around like Mary poppins trying to bait. No luck. Have to take sp3.

• ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★

Was fighting mordo in recon and he didn't throw anything until sp3. I was able to even throw heavy attacks