**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What rank can you get with what amount of points in AQ

DonnymeijDonnymeij Posts: 849 ★★★
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I would be able to make a spreadsheet to estimate what rank your alliance will be in for what amount of points to get.
For example.
If you get 80.000.000 points what rank did your ally have.
And with 20.000.000 points what rank did your ally get.

Can everyone that knows what rank they got the last couple of rounds with what amount of points help me out?

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,729 ★★★★★
    Do we post somewhere (Google sheets?) or post here?
  • Hard enough to get people to contribute to the Arena Cutoff data too. Too few data points resulting in wide gaps even around the cutoff points, resulting in Hero cutoff sometime being way off from what it actually was. (I admit I’m guilty of not contributing most times too, or by time I remember the cutoffs have already been generated). Even though the Trucos post summary goes out by a certain time, can the underlying cutoff spreadsheet be revised another day later ? Would also be good if Trucos post always had the link to submit scores (maybe the previous summary Line post could even contain the link for the next upcoming arena, so we have the link available already).
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Hard enough to get people to contribute to the Arena Cutoff data too. Too few data points resulting in wide gaps even around the cutoff points, resulting in Hero cutoff sometime being way off from what it actually was. (I admit I’m guilty of not contributing most times too, or by time I remember the cutoffs have already been generated). Even though the Trucos post summary goes out by a certain time, can the underlying cutoff spreadsheet be revised another day later ? Would also be good if Trucos post always had the link to submit scores (maybe the previous summary Line post could even contain the link for the next upcoming arena, so we have the link available already).

I can't be sure, but I think one reason why submissions end before they release data is that it reduces the chances for bad actors to try to contaminate or manipulate the data. If you don't know what data everyone else is submitting, it is difficult to falsify data. But if you see the sheet, you can engineer data into the gaps that is still consistent with the older data. Without seeing the submissions, its difficult to make up data that won't get rejected because it is inconsistent with other data points.

At one time, there was a lot of opposition to the tracking of arena scores. There were people who claimed that disclosing arena data "drove up" scores. That was proven false repeatedly in the general case, but that belief persisted for quite some time. Needing to defend the data collection against people who wanted to deliberately thwart it was probably a necessary thing at one time.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,729 ★★★★★
    14,492,141 points rank 9,043.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    These last few weeks with people losing prestige on map 7 misses, free AQ and free map 7 probably won't be great for data.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    57,164,824 places 3,938