**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Kabam running offers with Classic Captain Marvel?

I have no intention of giving this company money again (F2P 4 Life), but I'm curious to see if they've mentioned the rationale behind offers with the old Captain Marvel. You know, the one that was already obsolete before the new version arrived this week. Any guesses?

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    It is pretty bad judgement on their behalf. But hey, maybe a 5* OG CM will be the key to Act 6 /s/.
  • StarFoxStarFox Posts: 5
    money money
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Im assuming a lot have bought it without seeing the wording thinking it would be the new Capt Marvel as well her arena is now.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

Im assuming a lot have bought it without seeing the wording thinking it would be the new Capt Marvel as well her arena is now.

I really hope that's not the case.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

I really hope that's not the case.
    I wasn't going to be buying it.. but i totally thought it was for the new captain marvel.. as it just didn't seem to make any sense why they would have the old one up.. then i realized it says classic in the name..
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    It’s very simple why they do this. Show a flashy new one, offer the old trash one. It’s called a bait and switch, and is designed to trick people into paying for things they don’t actually want. Pretty common tactic.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Im not surprised although I am disappointed in the price
  • CazathuulCazathuul Posts: 57
    I purchase just about every offer Kabam releases on at least one of my accounts. No more on these legendary crystal money sinks (even the ones with solid champ pools).

Given the Act 6 champ limitation, this should at least be a guaranteed 5*. I still wouldn't purchase this particular offer since I personally don't value a 5* OG Capt Marvel at $40. Might consider it on an alternate account if it was 80% for a 5* and 20% for a 6* capt marvel.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    The tension is rising. Kabam needs to create some good faith with the community before this gets out of hand.
    Cazathuul said:

I purchase just about every offer Kabam releases on at least one of my accounts. No more on these legendary crystal money sinks (even the ones with solid champ pools).

Given the Act 6 champ limitation, this should at least be a guaranteed 5*. I still wouldn't purchase this particular offer since I personally don't value a 5* OG Capt Marvel at $40. Might consider it on an alternate account if it was 80% for a 5* and 20% for a 6* capt marvel.

I used to buy more offers, but this one is a ripoff. Also, I've stopped spending because I only give money to companies that I think deserve it, and Kabam isn't one of those anymore.

This is a terrible offer and further makes me question who is making these decisions at Kabam HQ.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Its like your mom buying you an old toy from a garage sale while all of your friends have the newest toy that just hit the store shelves.

Weird to me.

Its like your mom buying you an old toy from a garage sale while all of your friends have the newest toy that just hit the store shelves.

Weird to me.

She has two toys; one that's a little bigger than the other and can actually be used in more places than the other. You have a greater chance at the smaller toy with less use in the future.