**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    CFree said:

So.....maybe I missed it, but there was supposed to be some kind of statement or clarification from the game/devteam with regards to the champ requirements in act 6, specifically the exclusion of 4* champs.....?

You missed it.
    thanks, found it by scrolling through countless pages. They should really sticky it to the opening post of this topic.

• Jeff42000Jeff42000 Posts: 19
    Why didnt act 5 restrict 3*s? Why didnt act 4 restrict 2*s? why is kabam concerned that 4* heroes will be able to get through act 6 content?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Dshu said:

So can we expect a response with valid reasons behind this gate at some point or are you guys going to continue to try to justify your decision with nonsensical comments. You took a day to post a response that still gives no valid reason to the player base as to why the experience will be more enjoyable with the restrictions. your explanation of gates to limit people from being upset makes no sense to those of us endgame players who have developed extensive rosters and have been forced to use 4*s to fill gaps your games rng leaves in our profiles. I'm not advocating for compensation or a boycott I'm asking for a real answer on how this will make the game more enjoyable for players like me who have eagerly anticipated act 6 after completing all the content now available in the game but still have holes in my profile because of poor rng pulls. Either give us a valid reason outside of you want to force us to spend more money to fill these holes or remove the gate on 4*s I have no issues with spending on a game I enjoy but if I'm going to be forced to spend needlessly to enter new content I see no reason to keep supporting this game and its design team

I'm personally going with, it's to prevent Seatin from doing another 3* Challenge Video
    DrZola said:

Don't worry, everyone... just utilize the hashtag #MCOCRoster and you and your friends can blow a ton of cash and units on a futile attempt to get the champs you need for Act 6.

Stay classy, Kabam!

:D

I confess I’m surprised at that. I dont think it helps the “this isn’t a cash grab” narrative. Bump it up to 50% rate and drop me some units and I’ll think about it. Otherwise a hard pass.

Makes the official statement look a little silly, too, in my opinion.

Dr. Zola
    I'm surprised they didn't schedule this during the Day Light Savings time change myself and accidentally only release 23 crystals, 22 of which are actually the same crystal, just different colors...

Really with the way pRNG working the way it has been, the amount pollution in the 5* pool, there's no good reason to buy a FGMC anymore. At least not till some chlorine is added to it.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Dshu said:

CFree said:

Dshu said:

CFree said:

This doesn’t give a reason why 4* champions are blocked from act6.. Noobs won’t be able to enter act6 until they complete act5. So saying u need to gate act6 by removing 4* is a complete joke!

It does give a reason. Several actually. You just don’t agree with them.
    Dshu said:

CFree said:

This doesn’t give a reason why 4* champions are blocked from act6.. Noobs won’t be able to enter act6 until they complete act5. So saying u need to gate act6 by removing 4* is a complete joke!

It does give a reason. Several actually. You just don’t agree with them.
    It does give reasons but there are no valid arguments for their reasons. that's the big issue with this gate. There is no valid reason for it other than to force end game players to spend on offers and grandmaster crystals. it's a gate designed to punish free to play or casual spenders in a game where attainable by rng
    You don’t see “valid” arguments because you disagree with them. They do explain their rationale, however.
    What valid reason is given to block 4*s from entering act 6 when all 4*s at rank 5 have higher stats than 5*s at rank 2 and below
    Anything in their response that says things like “Act 6 (and other content) is built with specific challenges in mind. The requirement of 5 and 6-Stars is a broader application of the idea, but it allows us to build a more tightly-constructed experience around a more specific box of playstyles. Making one-size fits all content for an immense player toolbox can lead to things being more watered down and general, rather than the specific moments we can make when we know the lower and upper limits of each player as a matter of fact.”
    And how is this a valid reason. I am missing how the use of 4* champs allows for a more tightly constructed challenge unless they mean to say they are forcing people to spend on crystals with the Hope of attaining the champs they need to complete synergies needed to attempt this challenge. The wording doesn't give a valid reason why 4*s should be locked from use. They are not restricting based on team rating which I could understand even if I didn't agree with it. Their response to the restrictions doesn't explain why or how this creates a more tightly constructed experience or forces a more specific box of playstyle. There is no reason given to explain their decision it's just a long winded sentence without any explanation. Since you seem to understand what they are trying to get across maybe you can explain it to the rest of us in simple terms. It has nothing to do with agreeing with the decision for me it's more about understanding the reason behind it. @CFree please explain what you think they are saying rather than reposting their message has we have all already read that several times
    They’ve given a rationale and you want to delve more deeply behind the rationale. I don’t understand it, so I can’t explain it.
    Campo4 said:

Campo4 said:

So I can bring a Rank 1 Level 1 unduped 5* Antman to Act 6, but I can't bring a 5/50 Sig 99 4* Archangel.

In all seriousness, @Kabam Miike would you guys consider gating it by challenger rating instead of star level/rarity?

i.e. 4* 5/50 and 5* 3/45 and above only?

My point is, you guys invented challenger rating to essentially say a 5/50 is the same power level as a 3/45. They take similar amount of catalysts to rank, and have similar stats. Yet the way you are gating Act 6 doesn't take this into consideration. You can bring an extremely low level 5*, but not your most powerful 4*.

I am personally not for any gating, however I think this would be a good compromise. It would be more about making sure players have the right roster for the job, and less about who is getting lucky with 5* pulls.

It's really simple... too many people have a lot of maxed out 4*'s, a smaller number of people have a lot of Maxed out 5*'s, and even fewer have Max 6*'s.

So in order to get people to rank up/get more 5 and 6*'s they have to make a market for them.

The new Title will give them the ability to create a new level down the line of Cavalier to the monthly EQ too also using the same criteria.

• Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Ok Kabam....after the 4 star gate, the following responses, the “content creators will show y’all how to beat the first chapter of act 6” video, the (classic) captain marvel offer, and the “operation mcoc” hashtag crystal.......y’all are WILDING OUT!

It’s like everybody was starting to vibe and connect, and someone at Kabam said “hold my keyboard.....” and the questionable decisions just started rolling.

The disenfranchisement of the middle tier of this community is becoming increasingly disappointing. I hope you all are in a few follow-up meetings discussing ways to chart this course. I’m pretty sure the “no 4 stars in Act 6” will remain, but I’m curious if you all are thinking of ways to bring the community back together.

It’s gotta be tough...on one hand, you are a business. You need to make money, generate interest, provide appealing offers to your target clientiel. On the other hand, you have to build a brand, keep that brand supported by followers, and get those followers to share your brand.

Kabam the business looks to be doing just fine. What is becoming of this brand? So much potential. Admin...I’m sure one of you all will read this. Just remember the part in Remember The Titans when the guy said “Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.”

The community has a growing attitude with the GENERAL user experience because the brand is becoming driven by the need for business growth by attracting the “end gamers”.

Never mind....let me get back to grinding arena. 😒🤦🏽‍♂️

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Banning 4* champions from Act 6 says one thing to me, and that is that Kabam doesn’t know how to develop content that is passable in difficulty to be challenging without being an obvious cash grab with the spectrum of champions’ kits they have released. Instead of being creative and coming up with solutions to the concerns @Kabam Miike voiced as the reasons for this requirement, you are cutting off the legs of all players rosters under the unsubtle guise of not wanting people to be subject to content to difficult for their rosters and... data farming. Well, that is the players’ decision. It’s their decision if they want to spend $50k on units to explore the content with 2*s. You’re a business, and this truly makes no sense. If you need some better strategists, I’d be happy to talk pay and relocation fees.

Kabam has sold millions of dollars worth of 4* rank up material, and you will be cutting off or devaluing that revenue stream in the future by banning 4*s. It also sets a dangerous precedent for the community as, if we let this go unchallenged, we can only expect all of our champions to essentially be on a timer for not only their utility, but their eligibility. Why would I spend another dollar to run on this hamster wheel if there is no consistent value in what I’m purchasing, even if it is subject to the inflation of Kabam releasing higher star tiers.

I want this game to be a success, for Kabam to make money, and for MCoC to be around for a long time. The current model we’re previewing here is unacceptable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

I’m not one to complain about free stuff but.........

With everything going on in this thread...... I spit my drink out all over my keyboard at work. Thanks for the laugh!

That was a gift for International Women's Day. Has nothing to do with Act 6.
    Still: They are basically giving us useless stuff for future content while this discussion is going on...
    No, they're giving us a Gift to acknowledge International Women's Day. I don't even know why people are trying to connect every Offer or Announcement to Act 6. The game is not revolving around one decision people don't like.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    DrZola said:

Stay classy, Kabam!

:D

Makes the official statement look a little silly, too, in my opinion.

Dr. Zola
    Another example of statements from one side contradicting statements from another side.
  • omar_ochoaomar_ochoa Posts: 29
    Cavalier and still getting 3* that is a joke !!!

Perhaps if you had installed a 5* basic arena a year ago like you really should have then maybe the community would be more understanding of this decision. But my options for acquiring 5* champs is either just keep grinding slowly as I have been or open my wallet. The 5* featured arena caters only to the elite players who have money to spend for refreshing champs.

And that's how the Market they are creating works :smile:

You limit us to 5 and 6 star champs for the quest yet you give us 3* ??? Man your Awesome Kabam .... LoL
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I'm excited for Act 6 in the sense of new content, but sad because they put a requirement which negates and makes certain champions no longer usable in the story quest beyond Act 5. I believe they need to increase the 5* drop rate and the price of 5* (instead of 10K perhaps drop it to 4K). I believe if Kabam stands by their decision and ignore the community there could potentially be an exodus of players who are tired of Kabam ignoring their legitimate concerns. This decision feels like a step backward.
    Your getting worse and worse used to get 1020 4* shards after every chapter in monthly quest , now we only get 900??? HEY ! Why don’t you just give us 3 star shards while your at it ???