**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Act 6 or Variant?

TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
Hey everyone, just looking for some feedback on what others are planning to do / think is better to focus on first. I have been stockpiling boosts, units, potions etc for awhile now ever since I heard murmurs of act 6, with the intention of deciding on focusing on either one first when act 6.1 was officially announced.

However now that it has been I'm not sure which to focus on. I have done an initial completion run of Variant and chapter 1 is 100% explored. I'm at about 42% exploration in chapter 2. Haven't touched chapter 3 since the completion run.

I'm just curious to what others are planning on doing first. I realize it might a bit early without 6.1 officially out, but I would still appreciate some community feedback. What are your plans moving forward? Or if youve already done Variant, do you think it's worth doing before diving into act 6?

Personally I think I'm leaning towards Variant, for the 4-5 rank up gem and AG crystal. The only thing that slightly concerns me is if kabam is planning on coming out with a 'cavalier' (or a difficulty beyond uncollected that requires the title) mode for future EQ's. If they do that then the pressure will be on to get the title ASAP. That sort of happened to me with uncollected, I focused elsewhere in the game and then all of a sudden they dropped a new difficulty, and I missed out on a month or two of uncollected EQ rewards.

Any feedback and insight is appreciated. Cheers!

Comments

• TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

I’ll be going for act 6 chapter 1 completion, then Variant exploration, then act 6 chapter 1 exploration.

If the 4* ban persists then it would largely depend on your roster.

Ah, that's definitely not a bad idea. To be totally honest the 4* ban in act 6 doesn't really affect me too much. Without class requirements alongside it, there's not much I can't do with my 5 and 6 stars.

Thanks for the shout! I might go that route too after taking an initial look at 6.1
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    My situation is almost identical to yours. I too plan on testing the act 6 waters. If they are nice, I’ll complete it, explore variant, explore act 6 ch 1, and then I guess continue to slog through LoL exploration until we get chapter 2 or variant 2.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Act 6 does have cavalier benefits, but really depends how bad the content looks. Hard to tell since it’s not live yet
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    In the same boat pretty much. Just gotta wait till Wednesday
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Act6
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    edited March 2019
    JChanceH9 said:

I’ll be going for act 6 chapter 1 completion, then Variant exploration, then act 6 chapter 1 exploration.

This is exactly what i plan on doing. OP I am in the same situation as you, but the rewards for Variant look better then chapter 1. This could change though if Act 6 is easier then I think it will be.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    If you are thinking reward wise.. you are better to get variant done.. but like you said with the new crystal it makes 6.1 more appealing.. and you will want 6.1 done eventually as I’m sure the total of act 6 rewards will be great..

As of now however variant will allow you to benefit more with rank up mats and new champ possibilities
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Awesome thanks for the input everyone! Sounds like I'll be waiting to see what act 6 is like difficulty wise to make a final decision. But the idea of a completion run of 6.1 followed by Variant exploration is probably the best bet. Appreciate it!
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Act 6, the rewards from the new tittle alone is enough to do it for. Variant can wait.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    It's a great question right now. I'd think that Act 6.1 initial clear is more important for progression because of the Cavalier title. Variant might actually be needed to rank up your 5*s first though. So it's a case by case situation. But in terms of simple progression, the Cavalier title trumps all.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I agree that Act 6 first run (if you have an extensive enough 5* and 6* roster) is going to serve you best, then Variant exploration next because it has IMHO the better rewards to help prep your roster for Act 6 Ch 1 exploration. That's what I'm hoping to do.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Act 6 first. I'm at a hard stop for variant on chapter 2, as my highest tech or mystic champ is a maxed 4* mephisto.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 560 ★★★
    My main issue atm is tier 2 alpha and variant isn’t giving out any of those. So map6 as far as I can.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @TKS87 I'm almost at exactly the same point. I've done an extra path or two in chapter 3 but that's the only difference. I'm going to do at least an initial clear of 6.1 before finishing Variant. Maybe 100% 6.1 but I'll wait and see.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Complete Act 6, Variant, and then 100% Act 6.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    One run through act 6 then variant... depending on the paths in act 6 of course