**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Recent Ghost phasing intercept bug?

Comments

• hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    edited March 2019

Hey there everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that we have not made any changes to Ghost and we do not make any changes to the AI for fighting against specific Champions. We're also double-checking with the rest of the team to make sure that nothing is impacting her in unexpected ways.

Thank you!!! Zibiit this helps alot. Maybe I'll be comfortable to sleep today :)

• LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    it's not ghost specific. the AI recovers AND acts quicker in several situations. let your time between hits increase just a bit and the AI will attack, dex, or throw a special much more frequently/quicker than it used to.

this has 2 effects.
    1. ghost's can't use that as an opening to land hit's anymore.
    2. you can use it to intercept or bait specials in a way that you couldn't previously.
  • Hey there everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that we have not made any changes to Ghost and we do not make any changes to the AI for fighting against specific Champions. We're also double-checking with the rest of the team to make sure that nothing is impacting her in unexpected ways.

Nice to see them actually acknowledge the thread. I mean there's a lot of proof provided that something HAS changed in the videos within this thread alone (as well as some on reddit I believe). Intended or not the issue is real so hopefully you guys at Kabam treat this properly as it definitely impacts the resources many people used in game. Thanks.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

Yeah, the enemy AI behavior has COMPLETELY changed. It’s much harder to use Ghost now. I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but she went from a very fun and unique character to use to essentially complete garbage. If you ever wanted to guarantee that every single hit you throw gets blocked, Ghost is the champ to use in the version 22.0 update. @Kabam Miike I know this is a little on the “conspiracy” side of things but maybe you could just please mention it to the team anyway for us. Either that or give me a rank down ticket. I just took my 5* Ghost to rank 5 a couple days ago, I had a ton of fun using her, I was better than all my alliance mates at using her, and now I can barely use her at all. Something happened that made it so using Ghost is different.

The fact they're ignoring us is a clear indication that she was silently nerfed.
    But ghost wasn’t changed...therefore not nerfed.

The AI was adapted to fix a loophole/exploit/bug that Ghost was able to take advantage of to great success. She was literally able to dash back and wait for the enemy to attack then to count to 1 or two and win fights.

The AI is rightfully adjusted when things like this pop up. Nothing new.
    AI adjusted only to Ghost? doesnt sound like an adjustment, sounds like a 'silent nerf' I tried phoenix and morningstar and other tanky champions and they never react like this to them. why? because their code doesnt say this is ghost/miss champ u r fighting? that is pathetic
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Mike12867 said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

Yeah, the enemy AI behavior has COMPLETELY changed. It’s much harder to use Ghost now. I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but she went from a very fun and unique character to use to essentially complete garbage. If you ever wanted to guarantee that every single hit you throw gets blocked, Ghost is the champ to use in the version 22.0 update. @Kabam Miike I know this is a little on the “conspiracy” side of things but maybe you could just please mention it to the team anyway for us. Either that or give me a rank down ticket. I just took my 5* Ghost to rank 5 a couple days ago, I had a ton of fun using her, I was better than all my alliance mates at using her, and now I can barely use her at all. Something happened that made it so using Ghost is different.

The fact they're ignoring us is a clear indication that she was silently nerfed.

The AI was adapted to fix a loophole/exploit/bug that Ghost was able to take advantage of to great success. She was literally able to dash back and wait for the enemy to attack then to count to 1 or two and win fights.

AI adjusted only to Ghost? doesnt sound like an adjustment, sounds like a 'silent nerf' I tried phoenix and morningstar and other tanky champions and they never react like this to them. why? because their code doesnt say this is ghost/miss champ u r fighting? that is pathetic
    Maybe test it with another champ with the "miss" ability? Hood for example. It could be a change in the way that the miss mechanic interacts with AI, ghost isn't the only miss champ.
    The_Boss9 said:

Mike12867 said:

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

Maybe test it with another champ with the "miss" ability? Hood for example. It could be a change in the way that the miss mechanic interacts with AI, ghost isn't the only miss champ.
    DONE! I got hood and no difference and ally mate tried darkhawk and no changes and all 'tests' were with 10+ fights of different champs in UC EQ
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★

Hey there everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that we have not made any changes to Ghost and we do not make any changes to the AI for fighting against specific Champions. We're also double-checking with the rest of the team to make sure that nothing is impacting her in unexpected ways.

Watch the videos posted and you'll see clear as day something is different. We wouldnt have this massive thread if something wasnt different.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I’ve noticed now when I use ghost the AI often evaded back at the start of the fight. But when I choose another champ they attack like normal so I can parry right out the gate. Also I’ve never noticed the AI throw a 2 hit combo then evade back before the last few days.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★

How do we respond to the ai going to parry after 2 misses then an attack? We cant react that fast and they love dexing after missing
  • chmodchmod Posts: 10
    edited March 2019

I’ve noticed now when I use ghost the AI often evaded back at the start of the fight. But when I choose another champ they attack like normal so I can parry right out the gate. Also I’ve never noticed the AI throw a 2 hit combo then evade back before the last few days.

Yep. Here’s an example from @Mike12867 livestream:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/hRlouJg

After first miss, Groot immediately dexes back. I’ve never seen that before prior to this weeks patch.

This new AI behavior is specific to Ghost as far as I am aware. As if the opponent is now aware of the phasing. If that’s the case, then what’s the point of the short 2 sec window.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★

The AI has definitely changed; while it's not directly a nerf to Ghost it does affect her somewhat substantially

@Kabam Miike please bring this to the game team theres a ton of videos to support this. Pete has been playing since she was first released - literally grinded her out twice in arena. If anyone knows the AI is different with just Ghost its him. We're not wrong
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

That doesn't answer the question, has the AI changed at all from last version?

The answer seems to be yes, it has, there is enough video evidence of this now.
    So, while it may not have been tuned specifically for ghost, it has indeed changed.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    edited March 2019
    I bet it’s related to Nick Fury. They just added a champ that can counter/ignore miss. Only now all champs have that ability, not just Fury 😂
  • CΛSTLECΛSTLE Posts: 3
    If Zibiit speaks the truth then it’s a bug. @Kabam Miike we looking into this or what?
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    Uppercut said:

I bet it’s related to Nick Fury. They just added a champ that can counter/ignore miss. Only now all champs have that ability, not just Fury 😂

You know, I was actually thinking the same thing. Adding a new champ with a new ability adds another dimension to the AI in a way. I think there were other consequences when a few other new champs were added in the past, but can't specifically remember.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96

Hey @Kabam Zibiit thanks for the response! Just a little more information that may help you express our concerns to the team. Regardless of if there was an intentional change, the AI is now behaving differently that impact specifically Ghost in 2 major ways.

1) She is now much less safe to use, if you try to counter any hit other than the opponent’s initial dash attack or some special attacks, she will instead be evaded or parried when she previously could counter attack combo hits safely.

2) Being forced to counter attack the first hit the enemy throws reduces the effectiveness of her signature ability by 2 to 5 times. She can no longer reliably count on the enemy comboing into her phasing, meaning you can’t use her enemies’ misses to trigger her signature ability as often as you could before the 22.0 update.

Thanks!

• MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited March 2019

.... Therefore, it looks like the enemies evade. They are too close to Ghost and at that proximity, you need Dexterity to avoid hits, right? AI hasn't that masteries. Is the AI acting like it Evades? Well, Ghost Critical hits can't be evaded.
    PS: sometimes the opponent is able to evade block even my light attack and now this happened:
    https://streamable.com/y4z98
    Any thoughts? Armor break without even touching me.
  • SeanFlikSeanFlik Posts: 43
    I experienced this today or something similar in aq (running petty map 4 because it's cheap, easy, and we're mostly retired) while fighting the ultron section boss with Lc. ultron evaded one of my hits and while still evading, threw a sp3. I've seen this a sh*t ton in arena and other content where the ai can move way faster than our champions and can pick up blocks between attacks and recover from attacks and specials way too fast (i.e: they can block between a 5-hit combo and a special, or they can pick up block before I can punish even after a perfect dex on certain champs/fights). The ai is evolving in certain content/ game modes and it's bs
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    chmod said:

After first miss, Groot immediately dexes back. I’ve never seen that before prior to this weeks patch.

This new AI behavior is specific to Ghost as far as I am aware. As if the opponent is now aware of the phasing. If that’s the case, then what’s the point of the short 2 sec window.
    This is the most clear proof of biased Ai depending on champion. I'd say its inconfutable that facng ghost AIs are bound to act differently, cause no AI would do or try do that against any other champion in game hood included.

.... Therefore, it looks like the enemies evade. They are too close to Ghost and at that proximity, you need Dexterity to avoid hits, right? AI hasn't that masteries. Is the AI acting like it Evades? Well, Ghost Critical hits can't be evaded.
    PS: sometimes the opponent is able to evade block even my light attack and now this happened:
    This is clearly a coding error on Kabam's fault ( @Kabam Zibiit ), Cap marvel is able to armor break hitting your block, and somehow her ability interaction with miss still register the hit like it was on block and not in the thin air. That's most likely why you got the armor break there
  • She was my main driver to finish act5 as longterm champ. I have 7 other 5 stars and they are not good at all (cyclops, hulkbuster etc). I’m literally 10,000 tech away from r4 5*ghost with a mil iso. Lotta time learning to play her well. 4* wasp, antman I won in long grinds in arena. Between this and the act6 champ requirements in a week, I feel good about putting the game down and devoting more time and income into my other hobbies.
    Vale84 said:

chmod said:

This is the most clear proof of biased Ai depending on champion. I'd say its inconfutable that facng ghost AIs are bound to act differently, cause no AI would do or try do that against any other champion in game hood included.

This is clearly a coding error on Kabam's fault ( @Kabam Zibiit ), Cap marvel is able to armor break hitting your block, and somehow her ability interaction with miss still register the hit like it was on block and not in the thin air. That's most likely why you got the armor break there
    This AI behavior is specific to Ghost only, i will be working on this video sooner