**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Potentially Un-Killable Captain Marvel.

MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
so.
This happens.
if you die and Cap Marvel has a bunch of charges, she may start next fight in binary ignition.
She can start indestructible, with an unblockable SP1 ready to go.

not sure exactly wat is required and therefore the chances of this happening are.
But i do know it can happen.
If this happens in war there may be nothing you can do but die and die and die.

i used a team revive, she went through everyone by instantly launching a sp1.
i had no choice but to exit the quest and go again.
next time i cam in with my CapIW and solo'd her easy as.

Unkillable Captain Marvel. Is this a concern for wars?

https://youtu.be/DHi-StNV0cQ

Comments

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    high sig she is indestructible for like 12 seconds too.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Her sp1 can be fully evaded with some practice. also in AW she wont be this strong most of the time so a oneshot should be possible
    Voltolos said:

Her sp1 can be fully evaded with some practice. also in AW she wont be this strong most of the time so a oneshot should be possible

understood how easy she is to kill as i exited the quest, then went back ad solod her easy as,
    but if you do slip up and die,
    and this happens there is big potential repocussions.
    the sp1 is launced so quick it is hard to dex properly.
    not impossible but very hard.
    and max sig will be indestructible for like 12secs too.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I had her go through the full binary mode a couple times. Not sure how I kicked her out of it but by the 3rd try was back to normal.

I had her go through the full binary mode a couple times. Not sure how I kicked her out of it but by the 3rd try was back to normal.

thats good to know its possible. dang its a long indestructible she has.
  • ProxProx Posts: 12
    Use mystic champs and hit her on the block or shock her with Thor jf
    edited March 2019
    Prox said:

Use mystic champs and hit her on the block or shock her with Thor jf

i had no trouble beating her. as i said i exited the quest went back and solo'd her easy as.

https://youtu.be/DKJe-6idd8g

just concerned about what the chances of this situation arising are and the potential havok it could cause in war.
    are there war nodes that could be used to exploit this.
    is there a power start 2 war node? i dunno i am not top tier.
    just trying to ask some questions

More than anything, I'd just like to see a new champ that doesn't need a 15min video and multiple fight attempts to understand what the hell is going on.

Obviously don't want a 3-line description like IronFist either, but these champ abilities are just getting absurdly convoluted.

gamora buff was nice like that.
    edited March 2019

Did you even read her abilities...?
    Evade her sp1 and smack her. Easy as f.

yes i did read her abilities.
    i never said that she was unbeatable under normal circumstances.
    in fact i even posted a video of a solo kill to show i had no issue beating her.
    but on this one particular run she was giving me all kinds of headache.
    just made me think.
    Is this something that might happen often? is this something that certain nodes in war might make really bad?
    I DUNNO. hense the questions
    my question is only relating to her starting the fight with sp1 and in binary mode.

she launches that sp1 very very quick.
    it is very easy to mistime and not get the dex on it...
    and if you just hit her back she is indestructible and will be until you can hit her with a special.

i am not trying to slate her us unbeatable god tier or anything merely asking the question.
    as this is a potentially very difficult circumstance.

my thought was can it be amplified in war on certain nodes.

i mean on a power start one she would instead have a sp2 at the start

Literally I am only asking questions. why do you feel the need to be rude?
    asking people to think about potential situations where this could be bad.
    to start with it relies on you dying to her when she has a bunch of charges.

my whole thing is even finished off with the question of "Is there a concern for wars"
    ie asking a question. asking if this is something we should worry about.
    asking questions is all i am doing.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Use Luke Cage or some other champion who can tank special attacks (Iceman, Gwenpool, Killmonger with BPCW synergy). Or a champion that blocks unblockable (Mordo, Mr Sinister).

Use Luke Cage or some other champion who can tank special attacks (Iceman, Gwenpool, Killmonger with BPCW synergy).

i get how to beat her.
    my question is is there any nodes in war that could exploit this ability.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    Spider Gwen buff works perfectly for this fight. All you have to do is eat and S1 once (it’ll do no damage) and then she’ll evade it fully every single time she fires it for the rest of the fight.
  • SwabsSwabs Posts: 15
    Wow some ppl are stupid. Don’t worry maatman... I’ll actually answer the question u asked instead of just telling u to learn how to fight her properly!! There’s no one or two bar start nodes at high tier war so power gain would be the nearest power related node and that won’t change how she starts the fight. Basically no, she can’t be abused in war and u just have to be ready to evade sp1 at the start if u find yourself in that situation.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    @Swabs of the power start 1 nodes on the upper left side?
    Actually your right. I was wrong. Forgot there is power start 1 on node 47 from at least tier 5 and above. Both specials are fully evadable though so u could work around it. I’d say heimdall would be more of an issue with his potential fight start power gain over new marvel.
    Even though I was wrong at least I tried to answer his question instead of telling him to get good (hilarious and original btw)
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192
    edited March 2019
    Swabs said:

Even though I was wrong at least I tried to answer his question instead of telling him to get good (hilarious and original btw)

lol, you have a heart of Jesus! isn't OP always the first one to tell others to get good on the forum? I would say what goes around comes around
    Swabs said:

Wow some ppl are stupid. Don’t worry maatman... I’ll actually answer the question u asked instead of just telling u to learn how to fight her properly!! There’s no one or two bar start nodes at high tier war so power gain would be the nearest power related node and that won’t change how she starts the fight. Basically no, she can’t be abused in war and u just have to be ready to evade sp1 at the start if u find yourself in that situation.

thank you @Swabs
    Swabs said:

thank you @Swabs .
    edited March 2019
    webtswx said:

Swabs said:

lol, you have a heart of Jesus! isn't OP always the first one to tell others to get good on the forum? I would say what goes around comes around
    um no... since when do i tell anyone get good?
    please show me....
    @webtswx
    seriously @webtswx please back up your claim of calling me out.
    you must have me confused with someone else.
    i may say alot of things some people dont like.
    but i try and answer questions and offer help where i can.
    please elighten me.
    show me where i said get good to people.
  • Am I missing something ? In start of video, Magic flashes the word DEXTERITY right as CapMarvel launches that initial SP1, at what looks like the exact right time to do an Evade of the SP. So looks like the video DOES do an Evade right then. And if so, then how is it still striking Magic, and how can everyone be telling OP to just evade when it looks like they DID ??