**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

And to add to my previous comment,

Act 6 was designed for players with multiple 5* R5s and a deep deep 5* R4/6* roster.

Going in with 4*s is not wise and will most probably cost you more than you’re prepared to spend. Afterwhich people with underdeveloped rosters will just scream money grab.

It’s not “30k PI is easy”. It’s “30k PI WITH nodes on”. I could go on further but wait till it’s out then I’ll comment.

So if I can takedown a 22k ultron stun immune with an 800 starlord I’ll struggle using a 6-7k champ against a 30k champ
    Show it. 😊

How about a 30k Ultron with Impart, Aggression Regen and EMP?
    Markg25 said:

xNig said:

Act 6 was designed for players with multiple 5* R5s and a deep deep 5* R4/6* roster.

Going in with 4*s is not wise and will most probably cost you more than you’re prepared to spend. Afterwhich people with underdeveloped rosters will just scream money grab.

It’s not “30k PI is easy”. It’s “30k PI WITH nodes on”. I could go on further but wait till it’s out then I’ll comment.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Should that not be a choice of the player ... as this is supposed to be a skill based game?

If the player wants to spend units should that also be the the players choice ?

Yup. Like I mentioned before I disagree with the ban of 4* champs. But I also mentioned that it’s the player’s choice as to whether they want to spend more and blaze through with their current rosters NOW, or wait for their rosters to develop.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

Bidzy7 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bidzy7 said:

In all honesty i cant think of any other game that prevents progress based on rarity that can't be farmed.

I can think of a game that is accused of this all the time. This one. And every time it happens, the statement is that, yes, this has happened in the past before, but this time its different. This is just another time when it is different.

And in this case, I don't see it as preventing progress based on rarity that can't be farmed. People keep saying its all about luck, but I don't see this as having anything to do with luck. To assemble a small perfect team takes enormous luck, and since I don't have that kind of luck I assume that's impossible and forget about it immediately. Instead, my strategy is to assemble the widest, most diverse roster possible by trying to generate as many crystal openings as possible, and focusing those in directions I believe are statistically most likely to generate wide rosters. For example, I recently did an experiment of opening sixteen featured crystals in a row. I did that in part because at the time I didn't have almost any of the champs in the featured crystal. I don't think in terms of the one special lucky pull, so I don't value the crystal in terms of "god tier champs." I viewed it in terms of ability to generate new pulls, and decided to take a shot at it accordingly. I'm now pulling basics because I've shifted my strategy: I'm now perfectly fine with duplicating champs, because dups generate 6* shards and I'm trying to build up my 6* roster as quickly as is possible for my current playstyle.

None of these things is luck, none of these things relies on luck, and no matter how bad my luck is, anything within the reasonable realm of possibility wouldn't invalidate any of my gameplay strategies. Luck is great, but I don't need luck, and don't rely on luck. I rely on long term averages and efficiency.

Here's what luck means to me. Every 5* pull is either a new champ or a dup. All my new champs are great for me, because it means I can grind more or more efficiently in the arena. All my dups are great for me, because it means I get closer to my next 6* champ. If you locked all my 5* crystal openings to be Hulkbuster from now to the end of time, that would be horrible luck, and yet it would also mean every pull generated 6* shards, and then Hulkbuster would get maxed out and then every pull would generate a max signature crystal. I can live with that: I'd pour signature stones into Hulkbuster if I knew this would happen, to speed it along. Luck doesn't matter to me in the long run, because my playstyle insulates me from the worst downsides of random chance.

Maybe this is less about strategy and more about perspective. I choose to have a useful perspective.
    @DNA3000 well i already know this game hence why i said any other game :tongue:

I think you have misinterpreted my post. I'm not talking about having the so called "god tier" champions to be able to do the content. I am talking about specific champion requirements to pass certain content. I would have to disagree that its less about strategy.

It sounds like you have a big roster and therefore are not seeing the potential issue players will face when trying to do act 6 with this limitation.
    I will give you an example, this months monthly quest in the last quest on uncollected you have an Bio-shock/Nano Abomination. So here you need to bring a champion which is both bleed and poison immune but with the added nano node they also can't be a robot or will take shock damage instead of the poison you get for hitting him. Lets say this is limited to 5 and 6*. So what are my options ? Iceman ofc most obvious, we also have Dormammu and Emma Frost. Omega red also i guess ghost could be used if you play around using the phasing to purify. so that is a possible 5 champions out of 114 in the 5* pool atm. I have an iceman so that is what i will use to get past him. However like i said in my last post, I only pulled him recently after two years of him being introduced. So if there is similar fights in act 6 that have such a specific mechanic that to effectively get past it I would need certain champs how does that not make it luck based ?

also it seems like you are in a position to be able to grind out arena (5*) on top of completing all the content on a consistent basis. How long did it take to save up for 16 featured crystals ?
    I would say for me personally on average i can get 20,000 5* shards a month. In Order to open 16 featured's i would have to save for 12 months.
    I have 100% Act 5 and even done initial completion of variant. I would say i still use 4* to tackle certain challenges where my 5* roster is lacking. I have 48 5* champions and 4 6* champions, yet still have gaps in my roster to handle niche scenarios.
    so i would say for the majority of players who work their way through act 5 100% they will not be in a position at the end of that to have such large rosters that they will never need their 4* to overcome very specific nodes and match ups. Which means they will be waiting to pull a champion that can help them which is entirely based on luck.
    With 48 5* Champs and 4 6* Champs, there is most definitely something you can use in Act 6. People need to move past the mindset that there are a few ideal Champs that can be used, and the rest are filler. Are there some that won't be much use? Sure. That doesn't mean that everything outside of the norm is no good.
    you have literally ignored most of what i said and attached yourself to the numbers of my roster.

You think me to be an idiot who has managed to clear act 5 and variant and not understand how to use my roster?

i just told you that there is gaps in my pulls at 5* that are filled by 4* and the current state of the game it's not easy to fill those gaps.

Act 6 will be the most challenging content and with that certain paths/match ups etc require specific champions to deal with, without just throwing units/potions/revives at it all. if you don't have a champ to deal with it no amount of skill will help you. example i gave above with a bio-hazard nano-tech abomination. If i don't have Iceman, Dormammu, Emma Frost, Omega Red, Ghost. My strategy would have to be go in do as much damage pray for no bleeds and poison and if i die revive and heal up and repeat. Effectively the strategy is spend/use resources to get past content.

• axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

That’s what I cleared the initiative trials with. No problem.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

So if I can takedown a 22k ultron stun immune with an 800 starlord I’ll struggle using a 6-7k champ against a 30k champ
    Show it. 😊

Ah yes because they are going to give a normal enemy the boss nodes of all 3 variant nodes but in all seriousness I’d probably use gulk and as it’s only 30k shouldn’t take too long
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    Kabam can give whatever made up reasons they want for this decision, everybody knows it comes down to money. They dont want you using those synergies that make it less costly to complete content. I'm fairly sure they were very unhappy about the use of 3* and 4* Heimdall in the Cap Clash for a start. Not to mention all those uncollected sunmoners using a 3* or 4* Sparky/Gr to boost their 5* Blade, likewise with Ghost synergies. Hell, I pulled a 3* The Champion yesterday that gives my R4 Mephisto a massive attack boost. If you dont mind Act 6 being restricted to 5* & 6* that's your prerogative, fair play to you. But anybody who thinks it's not for the reasons above is kidding themselves.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Here’s why this is a scam - every single person here would prefer a 5/50 4-star champ in the top 20% of the pool to 80% of 5-star champs at 3/45. Easier to dupe. Easier to boost sig level. Easier to build synergies.

Story mode has never had a cap for level or champs. T2a have only recently started to become widely available (a couple on calendars and reduced glory prices). That means a few team spots are likely going to 5/50 or 3/45 champs. Talented players shouldn’t suddenly, arbitrarily be restricted from using them.
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Show it. 😊

Ah yes because they are going to give a normal enemy the boss nodes of all 3 variant nodes but in all seriousness I’d probably use gulk and as it’s only 30k shouldn’t take too long
    Lol. We’ll see. 😊
    AndiYTDE said:

axelelf_1 said:

That´s a great example as well: I have one-shot that 40k PI Ultron twice with 4* R5 champions: Star Lord and IW Captain America. Remember: Ultron does have armor up, evade and he regenerates a lot of health. Plus, I was not able to use specials. So why are the same champions not capable of taking down 22.5k-38k champions?

Because that Ultron is un-noded? Lol
    AndiYTDE said:

When will people learn that there are some trolls here who, no matter what you say, will always speak against the majority just because they want to? Stop feeding them.
    I have done Act 5 100%, Variant and every Uncollected Monthly EQ with mainly 4* champions without spending any units/barely using any items and I see no reason why I should bring my R1 unawakened 5* Star Lord into Act 6 instead of my 4* R5 Sig 99 Star Lord.

Variant as well? With mainly 4* champs? Do you have a screenshot to prove it?
    Anyway, doesn’t matter what I say. It seems that Kabam is adamant with keeping the 5/6* requirements so the playerbase just have to adapt to it.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

axelelf_1 said:

That´s a great example as well: I have one-shot that 40k PI Ultron twice with 4* R5 champions: Star Lord and IW Captain America. Remember: Ultron does have armor up, evade and he regenerates a lot of health. Plus, I was not able to use specials. So why are the same champions not capable of taking down 22.5k-38k champions?

He isn’t unnoded cant use specials and he has extra regen but yes nothing too hard
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

axelelf_1 said:

He isn’t unnoded cant use specials and he has extra regen but yes nothing too hard
    Those aren’t even nodes. Lol. Wait till 6.1 is launched and you’ll see what kind of stuffs are in there.

Tbh a content gate will work better than a roster gate but if that’s what Kabam wants, it’s their game. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

When will people learn that there are some trolls here who, no matter what you say, will always speak against the majority just because they want to? Stop feeding them.
    I have done Act 5 100%, Variant and every Uncollected Monthly EQ with mainly 4* champions without spending any units/barely using any items and I see no reason why I should bring my R1 unawakened 5* Star Lord into Act 6 instead of my 4* R5 Sig 99 Star Lord.

My goodness, you don’t believe anything people say. Always asking for proof. Just because people are better than you and can do variant with 4*s doesn’t mean they’re lying.

My 4* medusa owned 5.4.6 ultron, moreso than any of my 5* champs. My 4* morningstar cleared every act 5 resistor line.

4*s are undeniably viable in end game content. All this restriction does is make Kabam money. That. Is. It.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRowVi8Fmz0

plenty more videos on youtube to go find.

Someone also did the easy path of LoL with a 4* Aegon.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    axelelf_1 said:

not only is that easy done. esp with caiw.
    do you actually have a SS that shows you did?
    all this sows is a team entered into an already completed quest.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    CFree said:

axelelf_1 said:

Bidzy7 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bidzy7 said:

In all honesty i cant think of any other game that prevents progress based on rarity that can't be farmed.

I can think of a game that is accused of this all the time. This one. And every time it happens, the statement is that, yes, this has happened in the past before, but this time its different. This is just another time when it is different.

And in this case, I don't see it as preventing progress based on rarity that can't be farmed. People keep saying its all about luck, but I don't see this as having anything to do with luck. To assemble a small perfect team takes enormous luck, and since I don't have that kind of luck I assume that's impossible and forget about it immediately. Instead, my strategy is to assemble the widest, most diverse roster possible by trying to generate as many crystal openings as possible, and focusing those in directions I believe are statistically most likely to generate wide rosters. For example, I recently did an experiment of opening sixteen featured crystals in a row. I did that in part because at the time I didn't have almost any of the champs in the featured crystal. I don't think in terms of the one special lucky pull, so I don't value the crystal in terms of "god tier champs." I viewed it in terms of ability to generate new pulls, and decided to take a shot at it accordingly. I'm now pulling basics because I've shifted my strategy: I'm now perfectly fine with duplicating champs, because dups generate 6* shards and I'm trying to build up my 6* roster as quickly as is possible for my current playstyle.

None of these things is luck, none of these things relies on luck, and no matter how bad my luck is, anything within the reasonable realm of possibility wouldn't invalidate any of my gameplay strategies. Luck is great, but I don't need luck, and don't rely on luck. I rely on long term averages and efficiency.

Here's what luck means to me. Every 5* pull is either a new champ or a dup. All my new champs are great for me, because it means I can grind more or more efficiently in the arena. All my dups are great for me, because it means I get closer to my next 6* champ. If you locked all my 5* crystal openings to be Hulkbuster from now to the end of time, that would be horrible luck, and yet it would also mean every pull generated 6* shards, and then Hulkbuster would get maxed out and then every pull would generate a max signature crystal. I can live with that: I'd pour signature stones into Hulkbuster if I knew this would happen, to speed it along. Luck doesn't matter to me in the long run, because my playstyle insulates me from the worst downsides of random chance.

Maybe this is less about strategy and more about perspective. I choose to have a useful perspective.
    @DNA3000 well i already know this game hence why i said any other game :tongue:

I think you have misinterpreted my post. I'm not talking about having the so called "god tier" champions to be able to do the content. I am talking about specific champion requirements to pass certain content. I would have to disagree that its less about strategy.

It sounds like you have a big roster and therefore are not seeing the potential issue players will face when trying to do act 6 with this limitation.
    I will give you an example, this months monthly quest in the last quest on uncollected you have an Bio-shock/Nano Abomination. So here you need to bring a champion which is both bleed and poison immune but with the added nano node they also can't be a robot or will take shock damage instead of the poison you get for hitting him. Lets say this is limited to 5 and 6*. So what are my options ? Iceman ofc most obvious, we also have Dormammu and Emma Frost. Omega red also i guess ghost could be used if you play around using the phasing to purify. so that is a possible 5 champions out of 114 in the 5* pool atm. I have an iceman so that is what i will use to get past him. However like i said in my last post, I only pulled him recently after two years of him being introduced. So if there is similar fights in act 6 that have such a specific mechanic that to effectively get past it I would need certain champs how does that not make it luck based ?

also it seems like you are in a position to be able to grind out arena (5*) on top of completing all the content on a consistent basis. How long did it take to save up for 16 featured crystals ?
    I would say for me personally on average i can get 20,000 5* shards a month. In Order to open 16 featured's i would have to save for 12 months.
    I have 100% Act 5 and even done initial completion of variant. I would say i still use 4* to tackle certain challenges where my 5* roster is lacking. I have 48 5* champions and 4 6* champions, yet still have gaps in my roster to handle niche scenarios.
    so i would say for the majority of players who work their way through act 5 100% they will not be in a position at the end of that to have such large rosters that they will never need their 4* to overcome very specific nodes and match ups. Which means they will be waiting to pull a champion that can help them which is entirely based on luck.
    With 48 5* Champs and 4 6* Champs, there is most definitely something you can use in Act 6. People need to move past the mindset that there are a few ideal Champs that can be used, and the rest are filler.
    The point is across the block and a couple doors down. I ranked up 4*s instead of 5*s because I would never r4 the 5*s. Why would I do this? because they’ve continuously said that 4*s will be viable for all content. That, apparently, was a lie and I used tons of resources because of it.

And I’m not even including what it does for synergy, which was also a main target.

It’s about money, plain and simple, and you denying it just invalidates any opinions you have as blindly biased.
    When did they say 4* would be viable for all content?

Nearest quote I can find.

Both 4 and 5-Star Champions will remain very powerful and very valuable within The Contest, but we realize that players may want to know 6-Stars are coming, all the same.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16101/6-star-champions-are-coming-to-the-contest
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    MaatMan said:

axelelf_1 said:

I don't get
    Are you trying to say him using caiw doesn't make him skilled even if it's a 4* ?
    MaatMan said:

axelelf_1 said:

I couldn’t care less if you believe me. I’m not going out of my way to prove that I did it to some random person who’s opinion isn’t worth this response. Kabam has the data, they know.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    axelelf_1 said:

MaatMan said:

axelelf_1 said:

I couldn’t care less if you believe me. I’m not going out of my way to prove that I did it to some random person who’s opinion isn’t worth this response. Kabam has the data, they know.
    Lol
    Word
    I also did mine with a team of 4*
    Imiw soloed Ultron quite alright
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Anyway, doesn’t matter what I say. It seems that Kabam is adamant with keeping the 5/6* requirements so the playerbase just have to adapt to it.

Or if they have no other content to do and don't want to spend every day in arena hoping for lucky pulls 2-3 times a month from shards then they will simply quit. You may like that but Kabam probably won't.

I'm going with option b.
    Jh_Dez said:

MaatMan said:

axelelf_1 said:

I don't get
    Are you trying to say him using caiw doesn't make him skilled even if it's a 4* ?
    ii dont know his skill at all.
    i am just saying that the ultron there is easy even with 4* CAIW.
    you could do that ultron with a 3* cap if you have max despair and a tech on the team with you.
    just parry is all cap needs to beat him. you can do it without a single hit landed.

and also wat is that screenshot? it is a quest and a team. but a team entered into a quest that was already complete. who knows wat team he completed it with.
    axelelf_1 said:

MaatMan said:

axelelf_1 said:

not saying you didnt. as said above a 3* caiw can do it.
    but you are the one posting a screenshot to show wat you can do when the screenshot does not show that.
    you make a claim and provide evidence to prove it but your evidence does not do it.

heck i would think maybe even a 2* caiw could do it. a 3* certainly could. cap doesnt even need to lad a single hit. only parry.
    MaatMan said:

Jh_Dez said:

MaatMan said:

axelelf_1 said:

I don't get
    you could do that ultron with a 3* cap if you have max despair and a tech on the team with you.
    just parry is all cap needs to beat him. you can do it without a single hit landed.

and also wat is that screenshot? it is a quest and a team. but a team entered into a quest that was already complete. who knows wat team he completed it with.
    You remind me of a guy that reported me for soloing an aw boss without taking damage. Just because it’s above your skill level doesn’t mean it’s not possible.
    edited March 2019
    axelelf_1 said:

MaatMan said:

Jh_Dez said:

MaatMan said:

axelelf_1 said:

I don't get

You remind me of a guy that reported me for soloing an aw boss without taking damage. Just because it’s above your skill level doesn’t mean it’s not possible.
    I have never reported anyone for anything.
    I have questioned people on alot of things.
    But never reported anyone for anything.
    there is atleast one other forum user with a name almost exactly the same as mine.
    you may well be confusing me
    and i did that with my 4* caiw aswell so it is in my skill level
    i have 5/65 cap but used my 4* as he is max sig and wanted the higher sig so i could do it only using parry. stack those petrify.