**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Potentially Un-Killable Captain Marvel.

Comments

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019

Am I missing something ? In start of video, Magic flashes the word DEXTERITY right as CapMarvel launches that initial SP1, at what looks like the exact right time to do an Evade of the SP. So looks like the video DOES do an Evade right then. And if so, then how is it still striking Magic, and how can everyone be telling OP to just evade when it looks like they DID ??

i certainly tried to dex it. obviously something was wrong in my timing.....
    infact dexterity even flashes up a second time....
    so yeah i am not exactly sure why i missed it....
    dexd the first part of multi hit special only obviously.....

but yeah something along the lines of "this is how u dex it" would be much more helpful than "GIT GUD" lol...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Practice, and indestructible is removed when she’s knocked down.

i thought indestructible was only removed when hit with a special?
  • So those that can apparently evade it (or are they assuming it can be evaded in unblockable mode the same way as in normal state), is it done the same way as evading Ultron SP1 ??

And would agree with other suggestions about “survival” heroes and/or synergies. Love my Angela-Hela-Heimdall as supporting cast, and can even compound that with Iceman, GwenPool, or Cage.

So those that can apparently evade it (or are they assuming it can be evaded in unblockable mode the same way as in normal state), is it done the same way as evading Ultron SP1 ??

And would agree with other suggestions about “survival” heroes and/or synergies. Love my Angela-Hela-Heimdall as supporting cast, and can even compound that with Iceman, GwenPool, or Cage.

when i went backi took heimdall just incase.
    but never needed him. as seen my my solo kill video.

it must be a different evade to ultron sp1.
    it must require a double / triple dex.
    my timing felt right and looks right every time i watch it.
    i do know it can be done as other times in fights before i did evade it. but i am not sure what i did differently anywhere. but that being said i only sucesfully fully evaded it when it was not in unblockable mode.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    MaatMan said:

So those that can apparently evade it (or are they assuming it can be evaded in unblockable mode the same way as in normal state), is it done the same way as evading Ultron SP1 ??

i do know it can be done as other times in fights before i did evade it. but i am not sure what i did differently anywhere. but that being said i only sucesfully fully evaded it when it was not in unblockable mode.
    It's a 3 hit special beam like cyclops but only faster. You not knowing this shows you haven't done any research. Seatin put out an extremely helpfull video explaining the special and slowing it down. I recommend watching that one, he shows some awesome counters too!
    zeezee57 said:

Pretty sure using a special removes her indestructible and her sp1 can be evaded regularly, though admittedly I've been really hit or miss with it so it'll take some practice to get it down.

as posted a bove a special removes indestructible.
    hard obviously to do that from the start of a fight however.

and yeah it seems her special is not the easiest to evade. i have done but less than 50% of the time.
    edited March 2019

MaatMan said:

It's a 3 hit special beam like cyclops but only faster. You not knowing this shows you haven't done any research. Seatin put out an extremely helpfull video explaining the special and slowing it down. I recommend watching that one, he shows some awesome counters too!
    FOR THE 100th Time. i am not saying she is broken, I am not saying she needs to be nerfed. not saying anything at all.
    infact she is easy to beat.
    my question here is regarding one aspect of her abilites.
    that is all one aspect of it and if it was potentially able to become a big issue or not.
    it seems there is no node that could make it so.
    so my question has been answered.
    simple.

I watched seatins video, he recommended magik as agood option i found her terrible. the first time i fired her sp2 cap marvel just purified the power drain and power lock and went binary.
    and evading her sp1 is not same as evading cyclops. thats for sure.
    also this is not about beating her did you watch my second video here? i beat the **** outta her with CAPIW.
    just in case you didnt. here it is again.
    quick and easy as anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJe-6idd8g
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

Indestructible is active while she is in he binary ignition stage with 20 charges. Knocking her down when she has 10 charges forces her into binary, where she will not gain 20 charges if you continue to knock her down. Furthermore hitting her with a special removes half of her charges as well.

Anyways there is one guy that completely wrecks her.
    https://youtu.be/HZS0REEAgZg
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I actually soloed uc cap marvel with a 5/50 unduped stark spidey..... if you have trouble evading her sp1 it helps. She’s also aggressive like venom so poise charges are easy to come by—plus you can get two from her sp 1

MaatMan said:

Indestructible is active while she is in he binary ignition stage with 20 charges. Knocking her down when she has 10 charges forces her into binary, where she will not gain 20 charges if you continue to knock her down. Furthermore hitting her with a special removes half of her charges as well.

Anyways there is one guy that completely wrecks her.
    https://youtu.be/HZS0REEAgZg
    so what you are saying is knocking her down can prevent her from becoming indestructible.
    no remove the indestructible once it is there.

and thanks for the video but its not required and you saw i have smashed her.

my questions we regarding just the one aspect of her abilities.

it seems like this.
    if she starts in binary ignition and you have trouble evading her sp1 you are done for.
    you just need to learn how to evade that sp1 and thats all.

but the reason for my post was asking stuff like is there a power start 2 war node?
    cus if there was a power start 2 war mode this situation would have lead to insta sp3.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    so to answer your question. No shouldn’t be a scenario in which see is not able to be killed in war.

No start with 2 bars of power and thus hitting special 3 off the bat. Maybe some strike back or power gain nodes that could be an issue. But enough champs out there that can tank a special 3 that even that wouldn’t be an issue

DarthHaas said:

so to answer your question. No shouldn’t be a scenario in which see is not able to be killed in war.

No start with 2 bars of power and thus hitting special 3 off the bat. Maybe some strike back or power gain nodes that could be an issue. But enough champs out there that can tank a special 3 that even that wouldn’t be an issue

thanks for that answer @DarthHaas.
    exactly wat i was after.
    my ally is currently t6 pushing up so dunno the nodes in the higher wars.

Guys, the question was "Is there a node in war which makes her unkillable like power start 2?"
    Nothing about how to beat her, evade her specials or remove the indestructible buff.

To answer this question:
    T5 and below there is only power start 1. Don't know about T1-4.

thanks. i only know t6 and under nodes
    MaatMan said:

DarthHaas said:

exactly wat i was after.
    No problem we have been all over tier 6 and bounce back and forth from 6 to 5. Deffinetly a good jump from tier 6 to tier 5. Good luck!

DarthHaas said:

MaatMan said:

DarthHaas said:

exactly wat i was after.
    No problem we have been all over tier 6 and bounce back and forth from 6 to 5. Deffinetly a good jump from tier 6 to tier 5. Good luck!

thats kinda wat we are expecting atm. we are expecting for a while atleast to float t5 - t6 win loss kinda thing.....
    this war should have been t5 as we moved to t5 but for some reason we have been given t6 map and multipler.
    even though we are listed as t5.
    so i dunno wat is the go there.

but thanks bro.
    maybe we will see u on the battlefield.
    most Likely you got matched against a t6 team. They will do the map and multiplier for the lower tiered ally when you on the bubble like that
    DarthHaas said:

most Likely you got matched against a t6 team. They will do the map and multiplier for the lower tiered ally when you on the bubble like that

their WR should place them t5 too.

we had a war earlier when we were t6. and our opponent was t6 but the points were t7. that was war #2 in the season.
    i think it is an error in the new matchmaking
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Not a concern as her specia 1 is super easy to evade

Not a concern as her specia 1 is super easy to evade

if she is on power start 1 is her 2 also easy to evade?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

so.
    This happens.
    if you die and Cap Marvel has a bunch of charges, she may start next fight in binary ignition.
    She can start indestructible, with an unblockable SP1 ready to go.

not sure exactly wat is required and therefore the chances of this happening are.
    But i do know it can happen.
    If this happens in war there may be nothing you can do but die and die and die.

i used a team revive, she went through everyone by instantly launching a sp1.
    i had no choice but to exit the quest and go again.
    next time i cam in with my CapIW and solo'd her easy as.

Unkillable Captain Marvel. Is this a concern for wars?

https://youtu.be/DHi-StNV0cQ

"Un-killable".... "I solo'd her"...... So she's not un-killable or is?

What are the EQ nodes shes on? People thought Aegon was going to be this way too and not even an issue.
    edited March 2019

MaatMan said:

so.
    This happens.
    if you die and Cap Marvel has a bunch of charges, she may start next fight in binary ignition.
    She can start indestructible, with an unblockable SP1 ready to go.

not sure exactly wat is required and therefore the chances of this happening are.
    But i do know it can happen.
    If this happens in war there may be nothing you can do but die and die and die.

i used a team revive, she went through everyone by instantly launching a sp1.
    i had no choice but to exit the quest and go again.
    next time i cam in with my CapIW and solo'd her easy as.

Unkillable Captain Marvel. Is this a concern for wars?

https://youtu.be/DHi-StNV0cQ

"Un-killable".... "I solo'd her"...... So she's not un-killable or is?

What are the EQ nodes shes on? People thought Aegon was going to be this way too and not even an issue.
    Urgh.
    another one that doesnt read before posting.
    go back and read and try again.

I SOLOD HER TOO.
    i was asking if there are nodes in war that could potentially highlight and exploit this ability that would cause it to be an issue

just asking some questions
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 776 ★★★
    Evade the special, build up to a special 1 and knock her out of ignition. Resume fighting as normal.

Or don’t die in the first place 😁
    JChanceH9 said:

Or don’t die in the first place 😁

lol. obviously thats the plan..

my question was just if it could potentially cause issues.
    it seems not.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Yes happened to me once. Other times just beat her the first time. The one time it did happen, I just so happen to go in with Killmonger with black panther synergy… Happy accident but, yes… Definitely caught me off guard when she instantly threw the special
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Use Mephisto and spam SP1. I would be shocked if your fight lasts more than 20 seconds before she is dead. He completely blocks her buffs at the start, and his incinerate does something to her to cause massive damage ticks.
    edited March 2019
    why do people comment when they are not even answering the question at hand.
    i wish i could delete this or unsubscribe from it so i stop getting notifications due to people replying with nothing related to the question at hand.