**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost nerf costing me

This is ridiculous, you guys silently nerf ghost after the fact I ranked 5 her and mastered how to use her previously. Now since the nerf, she’s not as valuable or good as before. I’m for one am extremely pissed off. I’m about to quit this game because I’m sick of all the bull **** thst you guys do. @Kabam Miike

Comments

• I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    👋
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited March 2019

This is ridiculous, you guys silently nerf ghost after the fact I ranked 5 her and mastered how to use her previously. Now since the nerf, she’s not as valuable or good as before. I’m for one am extremely pissed off. I’m about to quit this game because I’m sick of all the bull **** thst you guys do. @Kabam Miike

I'm a ghost user myself. You're pissed they made the AI smarter against the best champion in the game?

From my experience, It didn't get that much harder; you just have to be quicker in punishing light attacks, or stick to punishing medium attacks. and don't expect a parry, medium, dashback, special to land.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    I play 5/65 ghost and haven’t noticed a huge difference. Slightly more defensive AI maybe but that is hard to determine
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Well, she wasn't nerf. Or changed.
    So ... yeh
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    What comments @Kabamsucks ?

The ones saying they pissed?

Or the ones saying they didn’t notice a difference?
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Kobster84 said:

peasant said:

I'm a ghost user myself. You're pissed they made the AI smarter against the best champion in the game?

From my experience, It didn't get that much harder; you just have to be quicker in punishing light attacks, or stick to punishing medium attacks. and don't expect a parry, medium, dashback, special to land.
    I’ve seen some videos that the phase intercept was perfectly executed and they got blocked
    yea that's true. It may be related to the device. Also I've seen they react faster than before. So if they medium into a light attack, don't try to punish with a medium or you get parried, you need to punish with a light attack..

There have been some videos by Ankit Sharma and yea certain champs are just so quick now.

I play ghost super safe so I assumed I misplayed but it's possible it's because these AI are bugged.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    😂 over exaggerate much? There a real issues in this game other than a tuned AI performance against Ghost. Your pettiness amuses me, But by all means quit the game. Better off without entitled babies.
  • espo1espo1 Posts: 28
    Relax it's not the end of the world, you will live to see another day... I hope.
  • OsUlloaOsUlloa Posts: 3
    Rank down tickets.. I can't play... quit complaining and adapt to the game. It evolves but oh well people always find something to complain about..
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

Ghost wasn't changed. Not a nerf.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208

No but the AI was changed and it affects her more than any other champ. So call it what you want but at the very least it's an indirect nerf and the AI buff was silent to boot. Shady BS.

Well, she wasn't nerf. Or changed.
    So ... yeh

guessing you dont have a ranked ghost or else your tune would be much different.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,485 ★★★★★
    As a Quake user, it isn’t the first time AI adjustments required a shift in play style.

Dr. Zola
    edited March 2019
    DrZola said:

As a Quake user, it isn’t the first time AI adjustments required a shift in play style.

Dr. Zola

quake versus ghost... not really the same thing but nice try. The silent AI change is garbage and you know it. Quake is much less complicated to play with.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,485 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    ezmoney said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

quake versus ghost... not really the same thing but nice try. The silent AI change is garbage and you know it. Quake is much less complicated to play with.
    Here’s the point I was making:

Quake used to be very easy to play with an auto-evade+parry style. Then a few champs “wised up” and refused to hit into a parry after autoevade. In fact, I made a video post months ago where the Thor AI “pulled up” on a hit to avoid parry in a way the human player cannot in game. Literally, stopped short of parry to throw off my rhythm.

That behavior now is the norm in a lot of content, forcing an auto-evade+dex style. For me, that style is far less reliable (my inputs get dropped more often, leading to her getting tagged).

That’s a reduction in utility caused by AI behavior change.

From the Ghost videos I’ve watched, the issue appears to also be AI behavior change (superquickparry coming out of phase, for example).

If there’s something other than AI change going on with Ghost, I don’t know about it. Or am I missing something else?

Dr. Zola
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    ezmoney said:

No but the AI was changed and it affects her more than any other champ. So call it what you want but at the very least it's an indirect nerf and the AI buff was silent to boot. Shady BS.
    Not a nerf. learn to play around it.

ezmoney said:

is a nerf, learn to realize to which you're speaking of. You have ha 5/65 or r2 6* ghost? No? Then you have no skin in the game. Blowing resources on a champ who is silently devalued is garbage so keep giving Kabam excuses.
    DrZola said:

ezmoney said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Here’s the point I was making:

Quake used to be very easy to play with an auto-evade+parry style. Then a few champs “wised up” and refused to hit into a parry after autoevade. In fact, I made a video post months ago where the Thor AI “pulled up” on a hit to avoid parry in a way the human player cannot in game. Literally, stopped short of parry to throw off my rhythm.

That behavior now is the norm in a lot of content, forcing an auto-evade+dex style. For me, that style is far less reliable (my inputs get dropped more often, leading to her getting tagged).

That’s a reduction in utility caused by AI behavior change that reduces her utility.

From the Ghost videos I’ve watched, the issue appears to also be AI behavior change (superquickparry coming out of phase, for example).

If there’s something other than AI change going on with Ghost, I don’t know about it. Or am I missing something else?

Dr. Zola
    i use both one at r2 6* and a 5/65 quake. The quake changes in no way compare to the recent way ghost was affected by the ai adjustment. Its completely devaluing ghost. Those who took her up based on her value pre v.22 are getting totally hosed by Kabam on this one. If you dont actively use ghost you shouldn't be commenting one way or the other.

the quit threats are hollow but the AI tweat bs they pulled that affects Ghost are real and theres a load of vids out explaining why it greatly devalues the champ. If a nerf or change happened that affected the haters top champs they'd all be freaking out.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    They said did nothing, like i believe.
    Act6 is coming kabam makes sure noone finish it within few hour, it actually hurts me a lot, after my ag, t5b, a2 yeah.. life sucks.
    SknZn said:

They said did nothing, like i believe.
    Act6 is coming kabam makes sure noone finish it within few hour, it actually hurts me a lot, after my ag, t5b, a2 yeah.. life sucks.

I dont think it was intentional.... i think it was altered to accomadate Nick Fury's abilities. Ghost just ended up getting punished which is complete bs for ghost users. A simple ghost only rank down ticket would suffice here if they're not going to fix it. But id lay off the Kabam direct hate on this topic for now. I just think it was a lack of proper stress testing.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    ezmoney said:

I dont think it was intentional.... i think it was altered to accomadate Nick Fury's abilities. Ghost just ended up getting punished which is complete bs for ghost users. A simple ghost only rank down ticket would suffice here if they're not going to fix it. But id lay off the Kabam direct hate on this topic for now. I just think it was a lack of proper stress testing.

Intentional or not,
    Either way this causing quite problems.. i don’t really hate Kabam, but this makes me kinda sad thou..
    Ghost only RDT makes summoners maybe happy, but I personally not gonna rd her..
    I live with my choices😂
    Even it hurts lol
  • JohndeeperJohndeeper Posts: 33
    edited March 2019
    Whether it was a ghost nerf or AI buff, ghost has now has become useless. 1st, she is not an easy champ to master in the first place and secondly, yes I’m upset because they don’t announce any changes. 3rd, I’ve tried adjusting every way but how much can you do during mid season in war? I’m sure most of you ok with this are in a gold ally or plat 3, but my allaince is pushing for a higher tier so every death in war counts.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    One off the best ghost players around i can tell u is much harder to use her now the ai adapts better when u phase it goes to deffence mode n takes cover as soon as u come out off it they swich to attack mode
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    Scholia said:

ezmoney said:

Do you have anything to say that would at least add some value?

Arrogant people like you add nothing to this community. As a result of a change to AI, this substantially impacts ghost.

Are you a Kabam employee? That would make sense. Otherwise you’re an idiot

that guy is not a kabam employee and a certified idiot... he said that GR's sp1 power drains lol
This discussion has been closed.