**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    I agree with the majority of people here. I have a decent 5* roster and 1 good 6* out of 5 of them but I use 4*s for synergies or specific utilities. Add to the fact that we now know that you will restrict paths to a set number of rarities and it all ends up being a recipe for disaster. It’s a bad move. It’s a money grab. Worst of all, it shows a complete disconnect from most of your players and I didn’t think it was possible for y’all to make that worse. 5*s have become more accessible, but with the pool getting larger and larger the odds of getting a decent champ decreases with each addition. The featured 5* could be a way around this except trash is added to it to balance out the decent champs. Nothing will be done about it because in the end Kabam doesn’t care.
  • Hey Everybody,

We wanted to touch on the availability of 5-Star (and 6-Star) Champions. They have been and will continue to be a focus of the Content this year

Similar to Uncollected, reaching Cavalier is going to be major milestone for Summoners. After introducing Uncollected in Act 5 Ch 2, we rolled out content with rewards that helped Summoners reach that progress point, and from there have been adding content and rewards that have (and will) help Summoners reach Cavalier.

As part of the introduction of Act 6 and Cavalier, we will also be introducing more content that will help Summoners gain 5 and 6-Star Champions. Some of that content will include, Champion Challenges, several large meta-events and Event Quests as well as, the next iteration of Back Issues. Additionally, we are taking a look at Arenas to see if we can make 5-Star Champions more accessible.

In preparation to the release of Act 6 we have accelerated the rate at which players can gain 5-Star Shards and the materials to Rank them up. Love Is a Battlerealm, Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, special events like the Road to Greatness Arena, and Monthly Calendars were designed with 5-Star escalation in mind.

Also, we are slowly adding older Characters as 5-Star Champions, while ensuring that overall game balance is factored into the Champion selection.

The requirements in Chapter 1 are set as a primer for rest of Act 6. Act 6 Chapter 2 and beyond will also have Champion Requirements, including some more stringent ones like paths that have Class Requirements for your entire team, and Rarity requirements where you must bring [X] amount of 5-Star or 6-Star Champions to complete the quest path.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

You guys are just digging yourselves a deeper hole with this.
    I agree! cant wait for 6 Star Class requirements in variant 2.0!
  • This is probably one of the worst decisions you have made as a company. going on 2 years now and my 5 and 6 * roster are pretty much trash but I've been able to use skill and strategy to fight through the game. Deciding to get rid of 4 stars all together just goes to show you dont care about the mid game community and you want to just pushing your money grubbing agenda.
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    You guys (KABAM) are working hard on ruin this game... think this again before it release cause u'll have much more hate than 12.0
  • BuGiBuGi Posts: 22
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★

nOux said:

nOux said:

I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.

I used 4* in variant aswell so dont u start with your “act 6 is harder”
    And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    I managed to take 4* to variant because they are still strong champions and they are much stronger than my 5* roster just as i said before, i dont know why i have to keep on repeating myself.
    There's literally a few Champs that aren't available as 5*s. If you have the skill to make it through Variant with 4* strong Champs, then you have the skill to make it through Act 6 with mediocre Champs. 100%. That's the point I was trying to make. People get so hung up on having the same Champs they don't see their own skill and ability to use others.

nOux said:

nOux said:

I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.

I used 4* in variant aswell so dont u start with your “act 6 is harder”
    And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    I managed to take 4* to variant because they are still strong champions and they are much stronger than my 5* roster just as i said before, i dont know why i have to keep on repeating myself.
    There's literally a few Champs that aren't available as 5*s. If you have the skill to make it through Variant with 4* strong Champs, then you have the skill to make it through Act 6 with mediocre Champs. 100%. That's the point I was trying to make. People get so hung up on having the same Champs they don't see their own skill and ability to use others.
    That doesn’t make any sense. 4* AA is still AA and doesn’t what AA does. Using a mediocre champ in place of a AA when AA is needed doesn’t make any sense.
  • Da_King_LpDa_King_Lp Posts: 29
    We now see we wont be able to bring in any thing less than a 5* champ, but is this worth all the uproar we have seen?
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 266 ★★★
    5 star basic arena, upgrade lesser/greater solo crystals, upgrade monthly main event rewards ( been the same for over a year) then maybe we can consider it fair
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I'd like one of the mods to tell us when this decision was actually made.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

The requirements in Chapter 1 are set as a primer for rest of Act 6. Act 6 Chapter 2 and beyond will also have Champion Requirements, including some more stringent ones like paths that have Class Requirements for your entire team, and Rarity requirements where you must bring [X] amount of 5-Star or 6-Star Champions to complete the quest path.

@Kabam Miike, Kabam absolutely lost my support of the 4* ban with this. I mean, Act 5 release was over the course of a few months. To go from a 4* gate, to path gates of 6* is a little too much, especially if you stagger class and rarity requirements (all must be Science and 3 of this must be 6*).

6* are far too rare to put a restriction or gate of having. I can understand the 4* gates... as many players have a plethora of 5* (though maybe not ones that give the best synergies). I am sorry, but I just joined the rest of the community on this issue.
  • We now see we wont be able to bring in any thing less than a 5* champ, but is this worth all the uproar we have seen?

Also there has been talk of putting a 5* restriction.