**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Recent Ghost phasing intercept bug?

Comments

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Zebartin said:

I am not quite sure about this, but I found that the AI in LOL(labyrinth of legend) just acts like what it previously acts, instead of how it is acting now.
    You can try that, maybe AI in LOL and ROL isn't updated or influenced. BTW, I think AI in ROL is of older version than LOL.

Nah theres weirdness going on in LoL. Ive got some videos showing the evades and blocks. Also getting a special to face mid combo
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    This is not a problem with Ghost. This it about the AI, and "affects" every champion in the game.

Try to do a combo on the enemy block a couple of times. You will see a bigger time interval between the first and the second hit (medium and light), and sometimes the opponent is able to throw a special attack while blocking our combo
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Mike12867 said:
    Like I’m said it the AI ther has carcne not ghost I self.
    Great video this must be fixed b4 Act 6. This is a huge bug in the game right now.
  • Bozz156Bozz156 Posts: 5
    edited March 2019
    Maybe, just maybe, kabam wanted to improve AI for act6 to make it a greater challenge and this happened
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Bozz156 said:

Maybe, just maybe, kabam wanted to improve AI for act6 to make it a greater challenge and this happened

Then only implement it in act 6? They had no problem making the collector a harder fight so why not do that but only in act 6
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited March 2019
    @Kabam Miike thanks to AI super reflexes, I Lost a war, even intercepting 1st dash with a medium or a light, the enemy parried me. It's the 2nd war we lose because of this.

@Kabam Miike thanks to AI super reflexes, I Lost a war, even intercepting 1st dash with a medium or a light, the enemy parried me. It's the 2nd war we lose because of this.

Same. Was fighting Kill Monger with my Ghost and got rekt due to getting parried
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278

Seems like this is going further than we thought, parrying when they're the ones dashing in? That's unheard of.
    St333lll said:

Seems like this is going further than we thought, parrying when they're the ones dashing in? That's unheard of.
    I know! He was in the middle of a medium attack and he parried me lol
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    I run ghost in 2Loki. This is not an issue where the WHOLE GHOST PLAYER BASE has changed their timing - the AI response to Ghost is obviously changed with respect to intercepting out of phase. Champs are also staring the fight with a medium attack then dash back.....This has never happened before - not with any other champs either - only while using ghost.

This needs to be fixed. We aren’t asking for a buff or change to the champ. Simply asking YOU [kabam] not to change our champ without announcing.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Uppercut said:

I bet it’s related to Nick Fury. They just added a champ that can counter/ignore miss. Only now all champs have that ability, not just Fury 😂

Wouldn't surprise me if you're onto something there.

Kabam, if you didn't change the AI's response time then maybe your update did. There have been plenty instances where the update has broken concepts in this game. All we are asking you, is that you fix this broken AI, with the same swiftness you use to fix things that benefit players. Thank you.

Good luck on that.
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    Well, probably they think it's all set and nothing will be fixed.

However, I think it is in their best interest to investigate this, and that they will. There are multiple reports about AI recovering too fast and being able to counter during your combo, either with parry, specials etc. You name it. Regardless the champ you use.

Of course we notice it more with Ghost, because we rely on a tight timing during the AI combo sequence to interrupt it jumping out of phase. (by the way, how cool is that!, gotta love her).

In other fighting games, big changes in character mechanics like available openings to counter different attacks (core game play, very important in competitive gaming), are documented and announced before they go live. They need to, because we as players and customers are picky as hell, and they depend on us be successful.

Call me optimistic, I think Kabam will make this right. If they don't, well, then the ball is in our court.

Have a good Monday y'all
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited March 2019
    As many of you said, It's not a Ghost bug, but it's the AI reading our moves too fast!
    https://streamable.com/6kvc2
    Here is a duel with juggernaut where I used the same Ghost technique to hit the opponent.... I got parried! AI behaviour is a bit different against juggernaut, because this time he is dealing damage, but my point is that this super reflexes from the opponent are annoying to any champion. As soon as I started my medium hit, he immediately "read" my move and prepared the block. If the opponent can read my move after 0.x sec, is a big problem! Maybe in future the AI will be so fast that we won't be able to "special intercept" opponent dash:
    The enemy dashes in front of me, I evade and shot my special... If the AI reads my aim, it holds immediately the block.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited March 2019

Hey there everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that we have not made any changes to Ghost and we do not make any changes to the AI for fighting against specific Champions. We're also double-checking with the rest of the team to make sure that nothing is impacting her in unexpected ways.

For what it's worth, I believe Zibiit is completely correct in this statement.

If I may, I believe I know the issue. It is not Ghost-specific, however Ghost players noticed it first because it hugely impacts the unique way that she is played.

I believe that the AIs can now act out of their actions earlier than before; earlier than possible for player-controlled champions. I'll be submitting a standalone thread shortly where I break down a few problems caused by this issue, along with frame-by-frame analysis showing this to be the case. That said, if this helps you find the root source I'd like to provide my thoughts earlier rather than later.
    THIS. This has been an issue for some time now, at least a year. It seems they have been progressively tuning it to make the game more difficult to muscle memory your way through. Now it has gotten to the point where they are able to respond and react beyond reasonable limits, and it is affecting the functionality of certain champions. They’ve danced around this issue for months and have made every effort to avoid directly addressing it. I’ve actually gotten a more direct response on it from a support ticket, if you can believe it.
    Related issues:
    Specials getting blocked
    Immediate recovery and attack after attacker sp3
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★

Hey there everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that we have not made any changes to Ghost and we do not make any changes to the AI for fighting against specific Champions. We're also double-checking with the rest of the team to make sure that nothing is impacting her in unexpected ways.

For what it's worth, I believe Zibiit is completely correct in this statement.

If I may, I believe I know the issue. It is not Ghost-specific, however Ghost players noticed it first because it hugely impacts the unique way that she is played.

I believe that the AIs can now act out of their actions earlier than before; earlier than possible for player-controlled champions. I'll be submitting a standalone thread shortly where I break down a few problems caused by this issue, along with frame-by-frame analysis showing this to be the case. That said, if this helps you find the root source I'd like to provide my thoughts earlier rather than later.
    Everyone, our Ghost Jesus. Thanks a ton Pete
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★

As many of you said, It's not a Ghost bug, but it's the AI reading our moves too fast!
    https://streamable.com/6kvc2
    Here is a duel with juggernaut where I used the same Ghost technique to hit the opponent.... I got parried! AI behaviour is a bit different against juggernaut, because this time he is dealing damage, but my point is that this super reflexes from the opponent are annoying to any champion. As soon as I started my medium hit, he immediately "read" my move and prepared the block. If the opponent can read my move after 0.x sec, is a big problem! Maybe in future the AI will be so fast that we won't be able to "special intercept" opponent dash:
    The enemy dashes in front of me, I evade and shot my special... If the AI reads my aim, it holds immediately the block.

Great breakdown howd you get the video so slow? I'd like to do similar footage with champs that have that mechanic like unstoppable and phase
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

We are still looking into this and will let everyone know when we have any new information to share. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for looking into this instead of ignoring the issue.

We are still looking into this and will let everyone know when we have any new information to share. Thanks for your patience.

So is this acknowledgement from Kabam there is something wrong?
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    DoctorJ said:

I would presume, yes. If everything was working as intended, they would have said so in the first acknowledgment. If they are “still testing”, that means there are variables in question since the update that are effecting gameplay. Thanks, Kabam, for at least letting us know that there is a team working on this. Hoping for a proper resolution, and then I and many others will be more inclined to spend on the game again.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★

DoctorJ said:

I would presume, yes. If everything was working as intended, they would have said so in the first acknowledgment. If they are “still testing”, that means there are variables in question since the update that are effecting gameplay. Thanks, Kabam, for at least letting us know that there is a team working on this. Hoping for a proper resolution, and then I and many others will be more inclined to spend on the game again.

• DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    edited March 2019
    I want to try a legend run in Act 6.1 but not with that Problem for ghost...

Please delay Act 6.1 until this Problem is fixed
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Fabi1989 said:

I want to try a legend run in Act 6.1 but not with that Problem for ghost...

Please delay Act 6.1 until this Problem is fixed

This really does screw over ghost players. I feel sorry for people who ranked her up, especially for aw as they arent just getting screwed themselves, but the extra deaths screw the whole alliance.