**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AI launchin sp3 during middle of my combo.

MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
I have noticed this a couple times in arena now.
I am trying to get video but it never seems to happen in the fights i am recording.

but it goes like this
MLL.... SP3....
where the MLL are my hits and then i am unable to complete my combo due to them launching a sp3.
how is this possible.

others seeing this too?
atleast some in my ally have seen it

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Saw it during the captain marvel challenge, hitting into the AI block with no delay between strikes then BAM, SP3 from the AI.
  • DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    It happens in AQ against the Kingpin, whilst im hitting him he somehow does a heavy?? Like literally im in a middle off my first combo and boom 1 Heavy KO and guess what on the defeat notes it says 1 hit on my side.... Kabam have purposely done this for us to spend on the frigging game, if they can get any edge they will..

Whats wrong with normal game play...seriously
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I’ve never experienced this. Are you sure you aren’t slow or missed an input? Cause that does happen. Also, if they are at L3, how do you plan to survive after that combo? Only Magik or a power controller you would have survived
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If you are going to complete a combo and launch a special to finish them they can have all the power in the world, it won't matter.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

I’ve never experienced this. Are you sure you aren’t slow or missed an input? Cause that does happen. Also, if they are at L3, how do you plan to survive after that combo? Only Magik or a power controller you would have survived

in arena so IDGAF. have plenty of back up health, also maybe champs can survive L3 anyway.
    and also also maybe 1 more hit and they were dead.
    LC, Iceman, Ghost,
    many many situations where this is not a problem
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    What's the difference? If he waits to activate sp3 then also you die, if he does this mid combo then also you die.... does that make any difference
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Not too sure, I haven't seen this myself, but I don't do that much arena. I haven't heard of this from any of the heavy arena grinders in my ally though. Seems a little odd, and not ideal. At least in arena it's easier to survive an l3 than in other content, but hopefully if this is a bug it gets fixed.

What's the difference? If he waits to activate sp3 then also you die, if he does this mid combo then also you die.... does that make any difference

Firstly getting hit by sp3 does not in anyway make instant death.
    There are many many many scenarios in which one cna survive an sp3.

Secondly yes it does matter. Combos are not meant to be able to be interupted. Period.
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★

Maybe he is about finish them .
    edited March 2019
    I have been testing this. Trying to get video.
    Best i have got so far is this. 4 hits into hypes block and before i can land hit 5 he hits me with sp3.

https://youtu.be/-xZMxL9r8TI

*edit - also shows hoe copping sp3 is not insta death in arena. that is the 2nd sp3 i copped that fight.
    watching my above video over and over it appears the problem there is different to wat i first thought. it appears as it is a case of swipes not always registering properly as swipes.
    it appear that combo is registering as a LLLL, when in fact my first action was a swipe and it should have been MLLLL.
    swipes and stuff not registering properly is a different issue but may lead to alot of confusion with issues like this.

swipe registering as a tap at start of combo is not cool thats for sure.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Nah this is normal, I have launched my SP3 too mid AI combo. Works normal, it is a bit harder to pull off but doable
    Its just like that random parry you are able to pull off while you are blocking
    Mike12867 said:

Its just like that random parry you are able to pull off while you are blocking

so it seems as though recovery times are just very very quick and able to interupt stuff that normally we couldnt.

i have gotten that random mid-parry combo often but not been able to replicate when i try
    MaatMan said:

Best i have got so far is this. 4 hits into hypes block and before i can land hit 5 he hits me with sp3.

*edit - also shows hoe copping sp3 is not insta death in arena. that is the 2nd sp3 i copped that fight.

might be wrong, but it looks like u used LLLL which ends combo anyway
    Mike12867 said:

MaatMan said:

might be wrong, but it looks like u used LLLL which ends combo anyway
    as i said in post above. i clarified that wat it is that happened.
    as i have seen happen a few times with inputs not registering properly. i swiped. it was supposed to be MLLL but yeah watched it back ovwer and over and was able to see that same thing.