**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Opinions on the Act 6 4* Ban?

BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

Opinions on the Act 6 4* Ban? 302 votes

I like it
3%
PerfectExampleTeddersFoxhero007imnooneBruinsfan8510Jeramy6815IKONGunnersjass222MiStaLovaMother_FlerkenJollyHawk 12 votes
It should be fine
11%
GroundedWisdomCoatHang3rdanielmathJOHNOSA1995xNigDeadbyrd9belli300TendersquadBuckeyeKPTheVyrusKossukoseSuvenduKayne34Osfan8CassyDonnymeijPanchulon21CupidUrrymonsterCharlie_Scene 34 votes
Unsure, let’s wait and see
7%
SiliyoRaganatorCFreeTaxRustyWargrud9eRCunhaezgoingThunderstruck77QuantumBobRasiloverJyotishkaLovejoy72Ch1efsterPaulo_PkProf_SpoodermannHolyDracLordSmasherCaptain_NietschArham1 23 votes
It sounds like a bad idea
28%
AchtungShadTheManTacoScottyAlex_sc11DrZolaLeNoirFaineantSeverus35JRock808mum_m2BodhizenI_ZERO_IAceDeMoNFallencircusDark_King888SpeedbumpHugeBeanGK_23BngltigrTime4ASpankingSungj 85 votes
This may be the worst decision Kabam has ever made
49%
GamerKpatrixJh_DezWÏCKEDMavRCK_thetaman23Timone147BrainimpacterDarkstar4387HolyDirkness41FrostybenshbAce_03LosspikRapINTEGRALCeresCPHTrimbobJets44EgeC 148 votes

Comments

• Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Not that everyone has the skill to finish Act 6 with 4 stars, but it should be an option for daredevils like Seatin who do the 3 star Master mode challenge.

Also, @kabam Miike, arent you making a loss, cuz not many people may gamble away money on your worthless Grandmaster crystals, but I am sure a lot more would spend on units to get more potions or boosts or energies etc if they know its eventually gonna help them get a beneficial milestone?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    It should be fine

Seatin made a video showing they plan to also ban your use of 5*
    Ive left my ally and will likley stop playing because the direction of the game is total bs

No they wont. You will just be forced to use some 6* champs on some paths in later chapters. If I get there I will probably use King Groot except if I get a better 6*
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Voltolos said:

Ive left my ally and will likley stop playing because the direction of the game is total bs

No they wont. You will just be forced to use some 6* champs on some paths in later chapters. If I get there I will probably use King Groot except if I get a better 6*
    Requiring specific amounts of 6* isnt any better.
    And "ill just use KG" isnt really a point.
    The fact kabam is putting more and more restrictions within an already rng based game is totally lame.
    So waste a spot on a worthless 6* -- what if you can't bring cosmic?
    Now what?

Its dumb and youre in the minority.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    It should be fine

Voltolos said:

Requiring specific amounts of 6* isnt any better.
    And "ill just use KG" isnt really a point.
    The fact kabam is putting more and more restrictions within an already rng based game is totally lame.
    So waste a spot on a worthless 6* -- what if you can't bring cosmic?
    Now what?

Its dumb and youre in the minority.
    1. How is banning 5* the same as requiring some 6*?
    2. That is a point. If you dont have a good 6* just use any 6* you have
    3. I will complain when I cant use cosmics but have to bring a 6*. But for now it looks like that wont happen
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    bad for players, good for company possibly, unless players will boycot and leave the game. but unfortunately most of those who spend money on the game probably already have enough 5* and 6*, also they mostly won't care about casual players
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    I'm in the why would they that but I guess I have to live with it state of mind
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    SamValdez said:

guys...
    all we have to do is stop buying items on the deals or in another words... STOP SPENDING MONEY ON THIS GAME...

KABAM will eventually lift the ban on 4star champs if "WE" all are united in our decision.

#Act6FOURstarBAN

Really...that's a good idea
    What can F2P players do in such a situation????
    It's the worst decision ever....
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    4Never said:

Let's look at this from a players point of view....

This whole game has a fundamental basis in **building a roster**, which means acquiring the most powerful champs now, AND using lesser *s to fill in gaps for synergy or champ utility, where RNG has not favored us, to accomplish tasks/complete content. I would say that is one of MCOC's most appealing features (that we love), as with any collection based game. We take pride in what we have built, and get the sense of continued value with present use. Kabam wants to remove that from significant, upcoming content eagerly awaited by the player base. (Sure, the gate doesn't apply to all content, but if anything, this one would be most significant. As well as, Kabam stated even more restrictions to follow.)
    From the vast majority of player's POV, there isn't anything appealing about a game design that removes that fundamental appeal in such a broad sweep in forward moving content. Some may be indifferent, and even less, accepting.

Did Kabam really expect players to jump up and down with excitement over the 4* gate?!!! Seriously!
    What player is saying to themselves, "Wow, what a great decision. I wish I would have thought of not using any lesser *s. I should just start playing all future content with only 5* and 6* champs, even where there is no gate. It will thoroughly enrich my game, and play experience by making significant moments (etc), and vastly make this game more fun." NO ONE!!!!

We tolerate or even find it acceptably challenging to see *some, limited* champ restrictions here and there (path or chapter), because we might explore other champs for the task, but an entire gate of 4* or less, is absurd. That doesn't make anything more challenging, or move us to other strategies. It simply just [[ creates a demand ]] for a higher * champ, that we most likely already have in a lesser *.
    That's the contradiction, and why players are upset (and where the cash grab theories come from).
    It doesn't make sense, especially given the explanation you have given, and goes against what we love about MCOC.

Best expression of what everyone might be feeling....... Greatly explained....i hope KABAM MIKE to read it......
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    When I've read Kabam's defense of the ban, what pops into my mind is that gating by team PI would achieve those stated goals better than gating by rarity. Using a team PI gate also feels more fair since it allows the player to decide how to meet that requirement.
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Bboychobo said:

they will never see another cent from my account

And time, make sure you dont give them your time too (Arena grinding)
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Mike12867 said:

Bboychobo said:

they will never see another cent from my account

And time, make sure you dont give them your time too (Arena grinding)
    Delete the game then
    Peace out man
    Nah I still wanna see what failure this game cooks up but thanks for the suggestion, you might need it for urself one day
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Unsure, let’s wait and see
    It’s...interesting. I just took out the epic nick fury with 4*s, as my 5* SL isn’t awakened (and thus unranked), I’ve not pulled a 5* CAIW, SW isn’t a 5*, and I didn’t buy the 5* vision. It was fine on first run, second run cost items. The point is, when gated for a tag, I can dig into my lower rarity and find someone to play. When gated for rarity, I’m at the mercy of the house’s odds. Of course people are upset.
This discussion has been closed.