**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    The answer here shouldn't be more arenas it should be buffing the current arenas.

I don't want to see people spend more time in a mindless part of the game.

I want to see more challenging content from the most played part of the game and increase the rewards in part of that.

If Kabam goes through with gating act 6, then they have to drastically increase the amount of rewards we get from the stepping Stones by making each step more rewarding.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    xNig said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

Bfyffe28 said:

I didn’t mean to hurt your little feelings. I know it’s bad to troll the trolls. I wouldn’t waste my time going point by point with most of your drivel, I’m just sick of seeing it. Thanks mate

So you're either not willing or able to read and comprehend my comments and build your replies on that information?

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up.

Maybe stop spamming then. That's against the forum rules.
    "Maybe stop spamming then. That's against the forum rules."

Maybe take your own advice, hypocrite.
    He says while literally spamming the thread with a completely useless comment.

To stay on topic, though, what is your view on this? Care to directly adress any of my or OP's points? No? Okay.
    Hilarious retort. Hollow, yet hilarious.
    Hollow as in containing no (contextually) valuable information? Hollow as in that comment of yours I just quoted?

That's strike number two.

Still interested in your opinion and reason, though. Feel free to maybe bring something useful into this.
    ignore this dude. He's a troll and doesn't know to what he speaks. Go work on that account Umbrerto instead of trolling on the forums.
    Nah, I'm already done with exploring the uc event quest and the intel missions all the way up to epic, but thanks for the suggestion.

Would you be willing to share your thoughts on the actual topic at hand, though? That is if you have any.
    Most people are.... Your roster is quite weak as well maybe some arena would do you good... or a legends time attack? You're a troll and poor one at that.
    Actually, no. I presented points and you're free to reply to those. Maybe read up on what a troll actually is...? Because it's not "someone who makes me sad and angry online *sniff*".

My roster is weak... so you suggest that I... should attempt a legends title...? You got some serious smarts there, mate.

Care to share your opinion on the actual topic now? Otherwise, please stop spamming. It's pretty childish and uncalled for, not in a "this offends me" kind of way, but rather in a "this is so damn cringeworthy" kind of way.
    I've given my opinion. Act 6 gates are a cash grab. Restricting 4*s IS SIMPLY A CASH GRAB as it forces people who've already bought or grinded arena and other content to purchase FGMCs or other deals to have a small chance for a 5* version of a champ they already have as a 4*. You've voiced your opinion and have trolled every act 6 post. You know you're in the minority on this issue yet you get jollies off of demeaning other players even though I highly doubt you're ready for act 6 yourself. Your goal is to simply flame others as you dislike yourself. Pretty sad dude.
    How is it a cashgrab exactly? It's a requirement for 5*/6* champs not a requirement for X amount of gmc's bought.

There are many f2p endgame players with pretty stacked rosters. I fail to see this as a definitive fact, since it's basically your interpretation mixed with your already negative emotions towards kabams business model, which is, surprise surprise, profit oriented. Because that's kind of how our world works.

At this point you could literally reply by saying "the last word". Thanks for not just spouting out 100% irrelevant bs, though. You're down to 99%, that's some progress.
    lol how is it not a cash grab. If you spend time and money maxing out 5 65s and r2 6s and were using a 4* as a synergy champ... you're now handicapped until you get the 4* as a 5 or 6. You hate yourself a lot don't you .... seek counseling or try to get some friends.
    Which champ(s) are you talking about that absolutely requires a synergy champ?
    absolutely requires?? None You didn't read what I wrote. Say you have Ghost or Domino or Blade or whoever and have been using a team synergy with a 4* champ. Poof that's gone.... and why?

Kabam's official response "This is not the first time we’ve hard-gated something behind a form of progression. We use gates liberally, oftentimes to prevent players from having frustrating experiences in content beyond their capabilities, but also because we’re game developers and we have some intended play experiences in mind that we--through both iteration and personal gameplay experience--believe smooth out the ride and make the whole thing as enjoyable as possible."

There's no other reason to prevent 4*s from ACT6 than to force players to grind or purchase 5/6* versions of the synergy champ someone was using. It's a pay wall plain and simple. Either take in a gimped team to force the user to buy more pots and/or boosts or force them to pay/grind for a champ at r1 5* that they already ranked up to 5/50.

It's ...a .... cash...grab. Which is fine if that's what they want to do... but don't play that "frustrating experiences card. That's complete garbage.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    How about the ability to play some additional content in order to unlock the ability to take in 4 stars into act 6?

The additional content to play to unlock act 6?..........Act 7!!!!!!
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    So, they banned 4* from act 6, and yet...

Who I choose to bring shouldn't be their call. At least, not on story mode.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Relevant points. Your second paragraph underscores the pertinent issue for veteran players who for whatever reason haven’t been blessed by pRNG. Another example would be a high-level Iceman with significant Coldsnap damage—can be passable but very well may require close-to-perfect play and likely results in at least one champ gimped for that path absent any of the accepted counters at 5/6*.

The other is the one I mentioned last night: any path/quest that requires class+rarity to enter. While that may not happen until 6.2, it’s a non-starter for anyone who doesn’t have a 6* in each class (and could very well be a wasted champ slot if the gate was 6*+Mutant and all you have is 6* DPX).

We will know a lot more in a couple of days; maybe all of this is a huge over-reaction. I have no problem with players who have only been around a year or so facing gating issues if they lack roster depth (although the inclusion of crummy champs unsuited for the past couple of metas in the 6* and 5* crystals essentially constitutes a “gate” in and of itself).

But it’s a different issue with players who have been around for years and finished Act 5 and a significant amount of what is advertised as difficult peripheral content. I’m humble enough to be queasy about claiming I’m “endgame” (whatever that means), and I don’t play a super-high AW/AQ level anymore, but the game needs to be enjoyable and reasonably accessible as well as challenging for players in my shoes—especially when it’s the basic story arc of the entire game, not a peripheral challenge that promises outsized rewards. Making story quest hard is fine, but locking it behind a gate because it’s the endgame of endgames seems silly. What would that make LoL2-–the endgamest endgame of endgames? Engamageddon? I would prefer innovation and new ideas to lockouts any day.

Bottom line for me: if the answer is wait out another 6 months of pulls to see if pRNG rewards me with some of the decent roster additions I need/lack, then that’s no answer at all. I’ve been there and done that and there’s no pot of gold at the end of the hamster wheel.

Dr. Zola

With regards to the Iceman, he’s even easier to counter than that Abom. Yes, we think of Corvus Meph ST IMIW as viable cold snap immune counters, what about Rogue GR or any champ that can outheal the Cold Snap damage? In addition, shouldn’t we not have any issues with a fight that requires close to perfect play? I mean, we are complaining about “skill” right?

From how I read the comment from the mods, it seems as though the class + rarity gates is a combination of variant and 6.1 gates. Or it could also possibly be like in Act 1, where certain paths are only accessible if you bring a, for example, Skill Champ. That’s on top of the act gate allowing only 5/6*s. Tbh, this should most probably be less than a minor inconvenience. The challenge would be, as seen in some paths of the classic version of Ultron’s Assult, a specific path that requires champs from 5 classes.

Yes I agree with you that the roster gate wasn’t a good idea. There are most probably better ways around it. (I actually have one fleshed out fully but won’t be posting it here due to certain reasons). But if that’s the way Kabam chose to move forward, as players we just need to adapt and figure ways around it. The issue I have with the reactions of the community is mainly because it’s fueled by FOMO. That being said, I would also be up in arms if this were a monthly event lol, but it isn’t.

The truth is, with the rewards 6.1 is giving out, there is nothing to be missed out on. We won’t have enough to R3 a 6*, and an additional R4 doesn’t do anything substantial to change the rosters of those who are able to 100% 6.1.

On your last point, I agree that waiting for a specific champ to be pulled from the crystal sucks. But there might be alternative counters that people did not think of simply because they dont fall into the realm of “god/Demi god tier”. (How’s your Falcon doing btw?)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

AndiYTDE said:

IKON said:

It should be gated behind "Elders Bane", not behind RNG. I have already told you that the people who are going to buy these crystals at a scale worth talking about either already have a roster capable of clearing Act 6.1 or will pay their way through Act 6 anyways. And those players have the chance to get an even bigger 5* and 6* roster while the other players still have a hard time getting their roster on the needed level.
    Gated behind eldar’s bane? So we ought to be able to go straight from 5.2 to act 6? An eldar’s bane gate is functionally no gate since it’s not possible to do even a completion run of act 5 without getting it
    I may be misunderstanding the point, but isn’t Elder’s Bane for 100% Act 5?

Dr. Zola
    Oh my bad. I was thinking of the uncollected title.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

Ok now go take on act 5.4.6 with that team. I know you're making a point but at least be realistic with it.

Showcase your 3* Medusa taking down classic Ultron and you got yourself a solid argument
  • CoachiditeCoachidite Posts: 30
    So here are my thoughts on this matter, not that I'm an expert or anything.

Hard gating 4* champions from Act 6 content is shady. A lot of players who are beginning to tackle Labyrinth use a 4* champ or two on their roster strictly for synergies. Heck, there's even footage out there of somebody taking a 4* ægon to Maestro EX. So it's my belief that 4*s, while getting progressively more useless, still have a place in the meta at a high level. Not the highest level, but a high level. Barring them from Act 6 prevents a lot of Summoners from using champions to their full potential (i.e. Ghost with the Ants or Winter Soldier with the KM synergy, etc). I like content that can be overcome with skill, and limiting rosters in that way goes against that principle.

I also agree with the complaint that barring 4* champions locks Act 6 content behind RNG at least on some level. The simple fact is 4* champions are not hard to obtain. Uncollected EQ gives you like 1400 shards per chapter just for completion, and that doesn't even count other monthly quests and side missions.

However, for a large part of the playerbase - even Elder's Bane summoners - 5* champions aren't nearly as plentiful. It is not uncommon to have a crummy-to-decent 5* roster by the time you have 100% completed Act 5, and a lot of players don't rely on their 5* champions to explore hard content.

3,4* Loki for Ultron 5.4.6
    4* Gulk for Variant, etc.

As for the 5* basic arena, I love the idea. Being able to specifically target 5* champions would make team-building rely significantly more on skill than RNG. I'd imagine it to be structured like the 4* basic arena is currently, to clear up any confusion.

Top 10% get the champion, no strings attached. Top few players get more goodies.

That, I believe, is all I have to say about that. I can't claim to speak for the majority of the players in here but I believe I share opinions with the majority here. I hope this clears up any confusion regarding specifics, but I would certainly be open to responding more to clarify anything I need to.

ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

Bfyffe28 said:

I didn’t mean to hurt your little feelings. I know it’s bad to troll the trolls. I wouldn’t waste my time going point by point with most of your drivel, I’m just sick of seeing it. Thanks mate

So you're either not willing or able to read and comprehend my comments and build your replies on that information?

To stay on topic, though, what is your view on this? Care to directly adress any of my or OP's points? No? Okay.
    Hollow as in containing no (contextually) valuable information? Hollow as in that comment of yours I just quoted?

Still interested in your opinion and reason, though. Feel free to maybe bring something useful into this.
    ignore this dude. He's a troll and doesn't know to what he speaks. Go work on that account Umbrerto instead of trolling on the forums.
    Nah, I'm already done with exploring the uc event quest and the intel missions all the way up to epic, but thanks for the suggestion.

Would you be willing to share your thoughts on the actual topic at hand, though? That is if you have any.
    Most people are.... Your roster is quite weak as well maybe some arena would do you good... or a legends time attack? You're a troll and poor one at that.
    Actually, no. I presented points and you're free to reply to those. Maybe read up on what a troll actually is...? Because it's not "someone who makes me sad and angry online *sniff*".

My roster is weak... so you suggest that I... should attempt a legends title...? You got some serious smarts there, mate.

Care to share your opinion on the actual topic now? Otherwise, please stop spamming. It's pretty childish and uncalled for, not in a "this offends me" kind of way, but rather in a "this is so damn cringeworthy" kind of way.
    I've given my opinion. Act 6 gates are a cash grab. Restricting 4*s IS SIMPLY A CASH GRAB as it forces people who've already bought or grinded arena and other content to purchase FGMCs or other deals to have a small chance for a 5* version of a champ they already have as a 4*. You've voiced your opinion and have trolled every act 6 post. You know you're in the minority on this issue yet you get jollies off of demeaning other players even though I highly doubt you're ready for act 6 yourself. Your goal is to simply flame others as you dislike yourself. Pretty sad dude.
    How is it a cashgrab exactly? It's a requirement for 5*/6* champs not a requirement for X amount of gmc's bought.

There are many f2p endgame players with pretty stacked rosters. I fail to see this as a definitive fact, since it's basically your interpretation mixed with your already negative emotions towards kabams business model, which is, surprise surprise, profit oriented. Because that's kind of how our world works.

At this point you could literally reply by saying "the last word". Thanks for not just spouting out 100% irrelevant bs, though. You're down to 99%, that's some progress.
    lol how is it not a cash grab. If you spend time and money maxing out 5 65s and r2 6s and were using a 4* as a synergy champ... you're now handicapped until you get the 4* as a 5 or 6. You hate yourself a lot don't you .... seek counseling or try to get some friends.
    absolutely requires?? None You didn't read what I wrote. Say you have Ghost or Domino or Blade or whoever and have been using a team synergy with a 4* champ. Poof that's gone.... and why?

Kabam's official response "This is not the first time we’ve hard-gated something behind a form of progression. We use gates liberally, oftentimes to prevent players from having frustrating experiences in content beyond their capabilities, but also because we’re game developers and we have some intended play experiences in mind that we--through both iteration and personal gameplay experience--believe smooth out the ride and make the whole thing as enjoyable as possible."

There's no other reason to prevent 4*s from ACT6 than to force players to grind or purchase 5/6* versions of the synergy champ someone was using. It's a pay wall plain and simple. Either take in a gimped team to force the user to buy more pots and/or boosts or force them to pay/grind for a champ at r1 5* that they already ranked up to 5/50.

It's ...a .... cash...grab. Which is fine if that's what they want to do... but don't play that "frustrating experiences card. That's complete garbage.
    Idk about you.. but really.. if you’re that reliant on synergies to make a champ work, then I believe it might be an issue.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    xNig said:

ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

Bfyffe28 said:

Idk about you.. but really.. if you’re that reliant on synergies to make a champ work, then I believe it might be an issue.
    lol oh simple minds. Why have synergies at all right?
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    We have enough people on here complaining about the Gate requirements, so Im not gonna bother you with that.
    To maybe help solve this problem, why not give us the ability to take maxed out 4*s and rank them to a 5*? A maxed 4* is almost equivalant to a rank 3 5*, sure you may lose (or gain some prestige, atk, hp, etc) but if that means i can take a favorite 4* or mine and continue to grow with it, I dont see a problem with it.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    mum_m2 said:

Ok now go take on act 5.4.6 with that team. I know you're making a point but at least be realistic with it.

Showcase your 3* Medusa taking down classic Ultron and you got yourself a solid argument

Not skilled enough. But there is a guy who took him with 3* Loki. It's on Youtube. Good enough for you?

You just wait for those specials offers coming in some days, with an extra chance for that champion that keeps elluding you. I'll take a 5* Ghost Rider to pair with my Blade, please. Only have him as FOUR STAR.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    When ignoring the cash-grab aspect gating only 5 and 6* champions to enter, I can see what Kabam is trying to accomplish putting a filter on the hardest new content. In reality, most people will only be bringing 5 and 6* champs anyways with the biggest hinderance coming from synergy losses.

But Kabam clearly went upon it the wrong way. Instead of straight up 4* bans, Kabam should have made the content hard enough that you MUST have 5/65s to complete certain paths. Something like a global node with “Challenge ratings below 100 have additional -75% base attack”. Or whatever appropriate to bar 4*s from contributing much. I actually enjoy the champion gates and thought Variant class gates were fun. Things like #Avenger or #Villian only would still be difficult but much better than #5and6staronly.

Synergies are a huge part of the game and can completely change champions. I think Kabam went the lazy way eliminating some of them by simply banning 4* champs. If Kabam wants people to go for more 5* champs fine, but then just make the good synergies only applicable to the 5*+ version or have them scale better on 5* version. It’s the same cash-grabish method but makes more sense to the playerbase and doesn’t leave anyone feeling they were deceived.
    ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

Bfyffe28 said:

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Are you reliant on them?
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Lol. I like it. Kabam, please turn my 5/50s into 3/45s.
    edited March 2019
    Gmonkey said:

Take for instance this month uncollected biohazard path with abomination on it. Robots get shocked if poison would apply guess how quick sentinel and dark hawk died? Fast had to go back in with iceman 4 star other options 4 star omega red or 4 star dormammu. I will be shocked if we do not see the same in chapter 6 but they will have massive PI so your out of luck without the right pulls. There are other examples but this is the most recent, and I have 68 5 stars.

You have a Dorm or Rulk or Nebula?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Are there going to be any further updates from kabam about this or are we wasting our breath and time sharing our thoughts on this topic? Also when can we expect to see the gameplay videos that were promised last week @Kabam Miike
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    They will never do that. 5*s are worth way more points in arena and have a much higher p.i. potential than 4*s, among other reasons.
    Better solution: they remove the damn restriction and pretend they never had such a bonehead idea to begin with.
  • mohmezdmohmezd Posts: 2
    Very disappointed with these champion requirements. Been struggling lately with the state of the game and I think this is where I'm going to have to check out. Kabam, you're getting worse, not better.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Haven't been reading all the stuff on this, but...

I was under the impression the gates would not affect completion just exploration.

I understand 4*s won't be allowed in Act 6... but, c'mon guys... how many of you brought 3*s into Act 5?
    ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

xNig said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

Bfyffe28 said:

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Are you reliant on them?
    Do you not use them? because you're that good??? No synergies needed for this fella lol. Whats your ign xnig? Bet you're reliant on them
    It’s xNig. I don’t hide behind forum names.

And no, you can ask my alliance mates. I don’t rely on synergies at all.
    lol and my roster is more stacked than yours .... figured as much.
    I have no doubts about it, given how open you are about your in game profile.
    sent you a fr if you want to see the rest. But your Credit card synergy should be able to you right through act 6. have fun
    Like I said, F2P.
    edited March 2019
    Just got your FR. I know why you’re complaining now. You have a R5 CptIW, R5 Domino and R2 Ghost. No wonder.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

DrZola said:

Relevant points. Your second paragraph underscores the pertinent issue for veteran players who for whatever reason haven’t been blessed by pRNG. Another example would be a high-level Iceman with significant Coldsnap damage—can be passable but very well may require close-to-perfect play and likely results in at least one champ gimped for that path absent any of the accepted counters at 5/6*.

The other is the one I mentioned last night: any path/quest that requires class+rarity to enter. While that may not happen until 6.2, it’s a non-starter for anyone who doesn’t have a 6* in each class (and could very well be a wasted champ slot if the gate was 6*+Mutant and all you have is 6* DPX).

We will know a lot more in a couple of days; maybe all of this is a huge over-reaction. I have no problem with players who have only been around a year or so facing gating issues if they lack roster depth (although the inclusion of crummy champs unsuited for the past couple of metas in the 6* and 5* crystals essentially constitutes a “gate” in and of itself).

But it’s a different issue with players who have been around for years and finished Act 5 and a significant amount of what is advertised as difficult peripheral content. I’m humble enough to be queasy about claiming I’m “endgame” (whatever that means), and I don’t play a super-high AW/AQ level anymore, but the game needs to be enjoyable and reasonably accessible as well as challenging for players in my shoes—especially when it’s the basic story arc of the entire game, not a peripheral challenge that promises outsized rewards. Making story quest hard is fine, but locking it behind a gate because it’s the endgame of endgames seems silly. What would that make LoL2-–the endgamest endgame of endgames? Engamageddon? I would prefer innovation and new ideas to lockouts any day.

Bottom line for me: if the answer is wait out another 6 months of pulls to see if pRNG rewards me with some of the decent roster additions I need/lack, then that’s no answer at all. I’ve been there and done that and there’s no pot of gold at the end of the hamster wheel.

Dr. Zola

With regards to the Iceman, he’s even easier to counter than that Abom. Yes, we think of Corvus Meph ST IMIW as viable cold snap immune counters, what about Rogue GR or any champ that can outheal the Cold Snap damage? In addition, shouldn’t we not have any issues with a fight that requires close to perfect play? I mean, we are complaining about “skill” right?

From how I read the comment from the mods, it seems as though the class + rarity gates is a combination of variant and 6.1 gates. Or it could also possibly be like in Act 1, where certain paths are only accessible if you bring a, for example, Skill Champ. That’s on top of the act gate allowing only 5/6*s. Tbh, this should most probably be less than a minor inconvenience. The challenge would be, as seen in some paths of the classic version of Ultron’s Assult, a specific path that requires champs from 5 classes.

Yes I agree with you that the roster gate wasn’t a good idea. There are most probably better ways around it. (I actually have one fleshed out fully but won’t be posting it here due to certain reasons). But if that’s the way Kabam chose to move forward, as players we just need to adapt and figure ways around it. The issue I have with the reactions of the community is mainly because it’s fueled by FOMO. That being said, I would also be up in arms if this were a monthly event lol, but it isn’t.

The truth is, with the rewards 6.1 is giving out, there is nothing to be missed out on. We won’t have enough to R3 a 6*, and an additional R4 doesn’t do anything substantial to change the rosters of those who are able to 100% 6.1.

On your last point, I agree that waiting for a specific champ to be pulled from the crystal sucks. But there might be alternative counters that people did not think of simply because they dont fall into the realm of “god/Demi god tier”. (How’s your Falcon doing btw?)
    You’re absolutely right that the community gets tunnel vision on the top-shelf champs. Some
    of that is the community’s fault, but a lot of that comes squarely back to the game team. Hype plus the growing gap between old-new champs feeds it. There’s no amount of beta buffs that can close that gap.

I do tend to use those other champs (as well as a couple of others) on things like Coldsnap—you’re forced to be scrappy when you don’t have the optimal or obvious counters. You won’t see me complaining about lacking a dominant champ like CG or Domino when there are probably 40 other champs in the 5* crystal I’d be pleased to have for various reasons. I can’t seem to stop duping the same champs over and over now—at this point, I’m behind the curve by about two dozen meta champs, and I’m probably one more mediocre 6* pull from taking a springtime vacation. It would take a long run of good luck to make up even part of that ground.

We share the same opinion of the 6.1 rewards. They are decidedly underwhelming for content that is supposed to be uber-endgame (another baffling aspect of the Act 6 rollout). A single T4c at Completion is a head scratcher.

So unless I’m pleasantly surprised by 6.1, that shifts me fully into occasional player mode. Knock out some more Variant, fiddle with UC EQ when it suits, don’t stress about missing calendar or other stuff. There are surely droves of alliances full of people like that (I’ve been in a few of them).

If that’s where the game has decided to leave me, then so be it.

Dr. Zola

P.S. Falcon...eh, so-so. I haven’t fully acquired the taste for him. But you have to run with what you have. I’ve got two Skill T4 about to expire so maybe he gets them. I screwed up and formed a 13th T2a so I’ve got a month to make some roster decisions regardless.
  • Mattj28Mattj28 Posts: 10
    mum_m2 said:

You make it sound like that ultron is impossible to do with a 1* but in reality it doable, it would take a ridiculous level of skill but it is possible, all you have to do is not cause a debuff and hit him thousands of times without taking 1 hit either directly or through a block, the 4* ban doesn’t affect me but overall it’s a cash grab that affects many players that are ready for act 6, why should players be forced to lose ground on the players above them just because their pulls from crystals have been worse,
    DrZola said:

xNig said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

You’re absolutely right that the community gets tunnel vision on the top-shelf champs. Some
    of that is the community’s fault, but a lot of that comes squarely back to the game team. Hype plus the growing gap between old-new champs feeds it. There’s no amount of beta buffs that can close that gap.

I do tend to use those other champs (as well as a couple of others) on things like Coldsnap—you’re forced to be scrappy when you don’t have the optimal or obvious counters. You won’t see me complaining about lacking a dominant champ like CG or Domino when there are probably 40 other champs in the 5* crystal I’d be pleased to have for various reasons. I can’t seem to stop duping the same champs over and over now—at this point, I’m behind the curve by about two dozen meta champs, and I’m probably one more mediocre 6* pull from taking a springtime vacation. It would take a long run of good luck to make up even part of that ground.

We share the same opinion of the 6.1 rewards. They are decidedly underwhelming for content that is supposed to be uber-endgame (another baffling aspect of the Act 6 rollout). A single T4c at Completion is a head scratcher.

So unless I’m pleasantly surprised by 6.1, that shifts me fully into occasional player mode. Knock out some more Variant, fiddle with UC EQ when it suits, don’t stress about missing calendar or other stuff. There are surely droves of alliances full of people like that (I’ve been in a few of them).

If that’s where the game has decided to leave me, then so be it.

Dr. Zola

P.S. Falcon...eh, so-so. I haven’t fully acquired the taste for him. But you have to run with what you have. I’ve got two Skill T4 about to expire so maybe he gets them. I screwed up and formed a 13th T2a so I’ve got a month to make some roster decisions regardless.
    Don’t worry about the pulls and just have fun. With no expectation comes no disappointment. I’ve had my fair share of bad pulls as well but because almost 80% of my 4*s are maxed sig, I get to open 3-4 5*s monthly from all the places I get to acquire shards. It takes time to build a roster so just hang in there and have fun.

Falcon’s dps is pretty meh but he has pretty good utility. I’m actually contemplating bringing him, amongst other options, up to R4 since I’m lacking a true strike champ. Like you said, just gotta roll with what you have.
    Mattj28 said:

mum_m2 said:

You make it sound like that ultron is impossible to do with a 1* but in reality it doable, it would take a ridiculous level of skill but it is possible, all you have to do is not cause a debuff and hit him thousands of times without taking 1 hit either directly or through a block, the 4* ban doesn’t affect me but overall it’s a cash grab that affects many players that are ready for act 6, why should players be forced to lose ground on the players above them just because their pulls from crystals have been worse,
    Sorry but you mentioned “lose ground”. Lose what ground? Rewards for 6.1 is so-so at best. One additional R4 (furthermore it’s a class specific rank up gem), 1/3 to 1/2 a t5b isn’t going to make or break anything.