**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Underwhelmed by She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen Buffs (compared to prior champ betas)

I think taking two champs and giving them new abilities and actual use in the game was a good move. However, when I look at the improvements to She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen (I have both as 5* champs), I've got to say I'm underwhelmed and a little disappointed. From what it seems, Gamora's stealth buff was much better (I don't have her over 3*).

Maybe I'm missing something, but when I look at the prior buffs done in 2018 (Red Hulk & Luke Cage then Carnage and Venom), these are leaving a lot less to be desired. I haven't noticed as big of an improvement as I did when I used Rulk post buff and later Venom. Those two are champs I use often in lots of content, but I still can't see myself using either much.

Honestly, the biggest boost I've seen in these improvements is She-Hulk's synergy with Red Hulk. I have him as a 6*, and getting extra attack for every heat charge is pretty awesome.

What are others thinking at this point? I know it's still early on, but I'm a bit let down by this round after a couple great buffs last year.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Their utility has gone through the roof.

Comparing red hulk and Luke cage buffs I can say spidergwen and she-hulk buffs are superior. Not saying they are better then but they could easily be. But it’s comparing an apple with an orange to be honest.

She hulk can out damage both Luke cage and red hulk. She can cancel out unstoppable easily, reverse healing and power gain. And I find her build of fury very easy to get and maintain. I wouldn’t use her in alliance wars though. Unless I found the reverse healing to be very helpful for the buffet or arc overload node. That being said she viable for easy path in LoL as well. Which is huge to add into the game that people are unlucky to get the others that are also viable for LoL.

Spidergwen needs to ramp up a bit each fight but her slight power control is actually pretty decent. It won’t hold off a all or nothing node. But she would put a pretty big dent in their health if she failed. Her slow debuff is just the same as she hulks and it’s very useful for specific fights. When she’s ramp’d up and hits a 3rd special her damage is amazing. Obviously better out there but it’s really good.

The big difference between one set of buffs to the other imo is the immunities red hulk and Luke cage already had. Granted she hulk is poison immune, spidergwen has no immunity to anything. Not saying she should but being able to down a mephisto or Morningstar with Luke or red hulk is pretty important considering act 5 and alliance quest bosses.

I enjoy both sets of buffs. I’ve got Luke cage and red hulk 6* and I have she hulk and spidergwen 5* dupes. She hulk and spidergwen are easily r3 and potentially r4+ depending on your rng roster. And she hulk dupe is r4 worthy if you need a lol easy path runner.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    She-hulk buff is amazing. Especially in LOL or variant. I have both as 5* and went with SHulk over SG because I run suicides so poison immune won out. I have finished LOL but I have been using her in Variant and she stacks fury’s like crazy.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

She-hulk buff is amazing. Especially in LOL or variant. I have both as 5* and went with SHulk over SG because I run suicides so poison immune won out. I have finished LOL but I have been using her in Variant and she stacks fury’s like crazy.

Thanks for the feedback! I have She-Hulk (unduped) at r3 just for the synergy. I have a 3-4 gem that I could use.

I'm not running suicides yet. Is there a trick to stacking furies? So far, I haven't had the best luck with them. Is yours duped? Do you see much benefit?
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Hey I have r4 my 5* spidergwen after buff and got to say she's great now her damage increases with each spider sense using her in act 5.4 and she finishing most fights before I can get 5 charges after using sp3 her hunter mode deals crazy damage also need to keep one thing in mind that she also has evade ability which can be useful on aw defence. Good utility champ don't regret upgrading her so far.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I think taking two champs and giving them new abilities and actual use in the game was a good move. However, when I look at the improvements to She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen (I have both as 5* champs), I've got to say I'm underwhelmed and a little disappointed. From what it seems, Gamora's stealth buff was much better (I don't have her over 3*).

• OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    There is a reason you are in jail/ warned
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    She-Hulk and spidergwen are both much better than red hulk and probably better than luke cage, damage and utility wise
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I'm so happy about SHulk's ability to cancel unstoppable. I have to admit that, I hate fighting Rhino, always miss my dodge when he ram. Now, just heavy him and, no more unstoppable.

Solid contribution.

There is a reason you are in jail/ warned

That's stating the obvious. There is a reason for things. What does it have to do with this post? Please, enlighten me.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Lol from what i see they have better utilities then redhulk, carnage,luke cage
    If i were to rank reworked characters ,it'd be
    Venom
    She hulk
    Luke cage
    Spidergwen
    Carnage
    Redhulk
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    They are both utility gods, In my opintion spidergwen is better, just because of 1: her evicerate and 2: her easy build up. She hulk I find can be a little stressful to keep those furys up without any synergies.