**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Take 3*s out of Cavalier Crystals

Why in God's name are 3*s in the Cavalier Crystal? I understand that whales can take advantage of duping 4*s for 5* shards, but good grief. 4*s are no longer relevant with the release of act 6 and yet you still want us to buy a bunch of 3*s?

Just another reason why 4* restrictions are demoralizing.... Kabam has quite a few wrinkles to iron out...

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Haha. This means, on average, you'll get at least a 4* from spending 400 units. Better than the FGMCs now lol
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    edited March 2019
    You only have a 50% chance for them. Which is quite good if you'r elooking for a balance between a good crystals and not extendng the whale ftp gap too much
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Haha. This means, on average, you'll get at least a 4* from spending 400 units. Better than the FGMCs now lol

On average means over 1000 crystal openings or more.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

xNig said:

On average means over 1000 crystal openings or more.
    Yeah. Lol
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Ben93 said:

If you want a crystal with no 3*, then the price should be 1000 units at least... It is exactly the same price as GMC with 6* in it, 11% 5* and 38% 4* and you are complaining ? OMG... This is ONLY 200 units and you will get one of these crystals each week instead of 2 weeks for GMC.

What is the next step ? 6* crystal for 50 units ?

And I currently enjoy the 3* I get every two weeks, so I'm sure the additional 55 4* shards will come in hand each week.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    So you need to clear act 6 chapter 1 to get a crystal with an 88% chance that you will get a champ that you can’t use in act 6.

Cool story bro
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 572 ★★★
    for 200 units, will be a lost from Kabam side if they place only 4-5-6*, they must place a lost for the players, is common sense my friend.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    If they remove 3*, the cost would be 400 units per. Think of it as free 4* shards instead.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

IKON said:

If they remove 3*, the cost would be 400 units per. Think of it as free 4* shards instead.

Free 4* shards that cost 200 units.
    As per my previous post, the crystal would likely cost 400 units if you remove 3*. 2x 200 would give on average, a 3*, and a 4*, 5*, or 6*.

So yes, free 4* shards.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    IKON said:

V1PER1987 said:

IKON said:

Free 4* shards that cost 200 units.
    As per my previous post, the crystal would likely cost 400 units if you remove 3*. 2x 200 would give on average, a 3*, and a 4*, 5*, or 6*.

So yes, free 4* shards.
    So removing 3* is going to makes the crystal more expensive when adding 6* didn't? Not sure I follow your logic. Kabam should have made the cavalier crystal the similar to the grandmasters crystal but have 4-6 stars instead of 3-5 star champs. There really is no logical reason to include 3* in the cavalier crystal since anyone who completes act 6 most likely has no need for 3 star champs not even for 4* shards
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    IKON said:

It is hard to think of it as free 4* shards when you are speculating the cost if 3* were not included. I might as well speculate the cost would be 50 units if 2* were included.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I'd be cool if they left that, but upgraded the bi-weekly GMC to drop 4* or higher. (After they achieved cavalier status of course).
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,278 ★★★★★

for 200 units, will be a lost from Kabam side if they place only 4-5-6*, they must place a lost for the players, is common sense my friend.

They aren't paying miners to get these crystals. How do you figure there's a loss in selling MORE of a digital item when they make the item more desirable to more people?
  • 57R34K_the_MERC57R34K_the_MERC Posts: 23
    I decided to give the cavalier crystals a shot. Bought 12 of them.. 9 3*s and 3 4*s...

This is the first and last time I purchase a crystal with units on this account.

I decided to give the cavalier crystals a shot. Bought 12 of them.. 9 3*s and 3 4*s...

This is the first and last time I purchase a crystal with units on this account.

I bought some as well, about 200 worth and got 6 5*s, your poor luck does not mean they are bad.

They aren't paying miners to get these crystals. How do you figure there's a loss in selling MORE of a digital item when they make the item more desirable to more people?
    because it makes it harder to sell other packages, meaning they make less money.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    Lormif said:

I bought some as well, about 200 worth and got 6 5*s, your poor luck does not mean they are bad.
    @Lormif

I'm not sure I am reading this right. you bought approximately 200 crystals? roughly 40,000 units? and got 6 5*?

statistically you should've gotten 2 6* and 22 5* but claim you had reasonable luck getting 6 5*?

I feel like there are some words missing from your post or you meant that you bought 20 instead of 200...