**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4 star deal after restriction [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Savio444 said:

You have 5* war machine?

This comment makes no sense since they merging all the thread
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    They probably don't have time to coordinate with developers if they have over 13K forum post.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

TO_Beatz said:

Everyone list 10 things they would rather spend their $150 on

1. Day-old bread
    2. Multiple pairs of shoe insoles
    3. Clinton 2018 t-shirts
    4. LA Rams 2019 Super Bowl Champs t-shirts
    5. Bananas (I don't like bananas)
    6. Enron stock
    7. A Zune
    8. Throwing stars to stash around my house
    9. A trilby
    10. Meals at Applebee's
    Okay, you deserve an award.
    Thanks! I'm disappointed more people didn't provide their lists.
    I'll put down a list

1. A rusty hubcap
    2. A dead rat
    3. A box that I can put my phone into so that I can then throw into a river.
    4. A bag of sand
    5. A circus monkey
    6. Anything from EA
    7. A large litter box
    8. Another box that I can put the phone I replaced the first one with in and throw into a river.
    9. Trash bags
    10. A nice meal at Red Lobster.
    I suppose I can do this too.

1. Money for the wife
    2. See #1, that’s where the money goes.
    3. See #1, that’s where the money goes.
    4. See #1, that’s where the money goes.
    5. See #1, that’s where the money goes.
    6. See #1, that’s where the money goes.
    7. See #1, that’s where the money goes.
    8. See #1, that’s where the money goes.
    9. See #1, that’s where the money goes.
    10. See #1, that’s where the money goes.

Quite frankly even with my wife wanting all the money, it’s still a better investment than this.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

TO_Beatz said:

1. Day-old bread
    3. Clinton 2018 t-shirts
    6. Enron stock
    7. A Zune
    9. A trilby
    10. Meals at Applebee's
    I'll put down a list

1. A rusty hubcap
    2. A dead rat
    4. A bag of sand
    5. A circus monkey
    6. Anything from EA
    7. A large litter box
    8. Another box that I can put the phone I replaced the first one with in and throw into a river.
    9. Trash bags
    Ha! Amazing list.
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★

Waboba said:

The offer is for act 3 and above, although those offers are really overpriced, its aimed for players that aren't endgame players, you don't need to buy offers if you don't like them.
    if it was for uncollected players and above, it would be completly unnecessary an offer like this, but for players that are working on getting there, its a good offer, the only problem is that its just really overpriced.
    You all are going way too harsh on kabam just because of this offer.

Just the fact that it's for Act 3+ is bad! People that did Act 3 probably have a full team of low ranked 5*, at least in this stage of the game.
    a good 4* lets suppose, at rank 4, is much better than a trash 2/35 5* ;)
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Well I know I’m not spending

TO_Beatz said:

1. Day-old bread
    3. Clinton 2018 t-shirts
    6. Enron stock
    7. A Zune
    9. A trilby
    10. Meals at Applebee's
    I'll put down a list

1. A rusty hubcap
    2. A dead rat
    4. A bag of sand
    5. A circus monkey
    6. Anything from EA
    7. A large litter box
    9. Trash bags
    Ha! Amazing list.
    Thanks, I started out ridiculous, but Red Lobster DOES sound pretty good right about now.
    I have never been, but I've heard those cheddar biscuits are worth the trip!
  • BlackGoatBlackGoat Posts: 11
    I don't post often, but I have been playing this game for a couple years now.
    My 2 cents on this is that the 4* offer is over priced (no getting around that), but 4*s are not obsolete from here on out.
    Act 6 Chapter 1, is going to be ONE part of the game you can not use your 4*s on. Yes it will make the content of A6.1 more difficult, but a lot of people who are complaining about the 4*ban, are people who have been asking for more difficult content to be added. 4*s will still be available in almost every other aspect of the contest.
    Another thing to note is that Kabam has never said that A6.2 will have 5 or 6 star requirements.
    My interpretation of this is that they are creating a wall in which a new player can not have completed A6 by the time they have exited the beginner and intermediate arena pool months. Which could potentially fix other problems.

Just my opinions, I'm sure most of you will completely disagree.

Granted, I will say that the timing is coincidental, but when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible.

"when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible."

No, it isn't. I have worked in companies that range from small to Fortune 500 size, mostly from the finance side but involved with Marketing at times. Not as difficult as you're making it out to be.
    Not the same ballpark. Not at all. There are way too many variables involved with Design. They are most certainly working on something at all times, sometimes months in advance, and nothing is certain until it's as optimal as they can get it for release. Marketing operates at a different pace, with different objectives, and different goals. Inevitably, they would be waiting indefinitely at times for Devs to give the "OK", and that would be a financial nightmare. Totally diffetent deadlines.
    I worked for a tech company. I was a data analyst in Marketing and worked very closely with developers as did others in Marketing. Marketing never did anything unless the tech side was ready. If the tech wasn't ready, Marketing slowed down. I think you're in over your head on this one unless you happen to work at Kabam and know the day-to-day operations personally.
    Was the company you worked for designing a game that had contractual obligations with major companies?
    That's an oddly-specific scenario and you're trying to make your point by excluding any other relevant scenarios. It's also irrelevant. Exactly what kind of "contractual obligations" would there be in this case? How does that prove your point that developers and Marketing can't coordinate?
    Financial deadlines. That's what.
    So those "financial deadlines" set what exactly? The date for a 4-star offer that could have easily been replaced by another offer? And these "financial deadlines" make an environment in which devs and Marketing can't coordinate anything?

I feel like you don't have much to back up your point here. Enlighten us if you do.
    You're missing the point of what I'm saying entirely. They are two different aspects of the game that work independently, for the most part. Offers are set out over time, in advance, with specific finaicial goals in mind. The only thing that really checks in with is balancing the finances and resources. They're not responsible for coinciding that with whatever might offend people in relation to content changes.
    Design is concerned with creating upcoming content. In some cases, it's possible to merge the two, because there are specific deadlines. A Major Motion Picture Release, for example. There's a very specific deadline in that case. It coincides with the release of the Film. Other content has more freedom to be made when they decide, and there's very little definite about that, other than the tentative they set. TL:DR - They don't know until it's ready.

They're not about to go back and rearrange the Marketing schedule to avoid Offers that people will take personally. Two different wheel houses, and one isn't even related to the other. The Offer isn't even connected to Act 6. Which is why we're constantly reminded that not all Offers will appeal to everyone. It's not for the same demographic.
    What we have is people who are not happy with the news, and are applying whatever comes up to the news they're not happy with. Same thing came up with the Memorandum, which didn't even make sense because it opened FGMSs to people who weren't Uncollected, totally demographic. Yet, because people aren't happy with the gate, it was seen as some kind of ploy. It's just suspicion gaining monentum, when things aren't even related. That's what happens when people claim it's all just for money. They start operating on Confirmation Bias.
    "You're missing the point of what I'm saying entirely."

As soon as you effectively make a point, let me know.

If you think this one offer is going to move the needle much on their financials, you're out of touch. Also, when I worked in a Marketing group, it was easy to replace an offer even on short notice. We were even able to adjust one during an offer.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

TO_Beatz said:

1. Day-old bread
    3. Clinton 2018 t-shirts
    6. Enron stock
    7. A Zune
    9. A trilby
    10. Meals at Applebee's
    I'll put down a list

1. A rusty hubcap
    2. A dead rat
    4. A bag of sand
    5. A circus monkey
    6. Anything from EA
    7. A large litter box
    9. Trash bags
    Ha! Amazing list.
    Thanks, I started out ridiculous, but Red Lobster DOES sound pretty good right about now.
    I have never been, but I've heard those cheddar biscuits are worth the trip!
    Those cheddar biscuits are amazing! I would honestly just walk in, buy a basket of those biscuits, and walk out calling it a good meal.
    Haven’t been to Red Lobster at all lately but got me thinking about Olive Garden (the two are right next to each other over here). I feel the same about their breadstick. Actually more like:

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Granted, I will say that the timing is coincidental, but when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible.

"when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible."

No, it isn't. I have worked in companies that range from small to Fortune 500 size, mostly from the finance side but involved with Marketing at times. Not as difficult as you're making it out to be.
    Not the same ballpark. Not at all. There are way too many variables involved with Design. They are most certainly working on something at all times, sometimes months in advance, and nothing is certain until it's as optimal as they can get it for release. Marketing operates at a different pace, with different objectives, and different goals. Inevitably, they would be waiting indefinitely at times for Devs to give the "OK", and that would be a financial nightmare. Totally diffetent deadlines.
    I worked for a tech company. I was a data analyst in Marketing and worked very closely with developers as did others in Marketing. Marketing never did anything unless the tech side was ready. If the tech wasn't ready, Marketing slowed down. I think you're in over your head on this one unless you happen to work at Kabam and know the day-to-day operations personally.
    Was the company you worked for designing a game that had contractual obligations with major companies?
    That's an oddly-specific scenario and you're trying to make your point by excluding any other relevant scenarios. It's also irrelevant. Exactly what kind of "contractual obligations" would there be in this case? How does that prove your point that developers and Marketing can't coordinate?
    So those "financial deadlines" set what exactly? The date for a 4-star offer that could have easily been replaced by another offer? And these "financial deadlines" make an environment in which devs and Marketing can't coordinate anything?

I feel like you don't have much to back up your point here. Enlighten us if you do.
    You're missing the point of what I'm saying entirely. They are two different aspects of the game that work independently, for the most part. Offers are set out over time, in advance, with specific finaicial goals in mind. The only thing that really checks in with is balancing the finances and resources. They're not responsible for coinciding that with whatever might offend people in relation to content changes.
    Design is concerned with creating upcoming content. In some cases, it's possible to merge the two, because there are specific deadlines. A Major Motion Picture Release, for example. There's a very specific deadline in that case. It coincides with the release of the Film. Other content has more freedom to be made when they decide, and there's very little definite about that, other than the tentative they set. TL:DR - They don't know until it's ready.

They're not about to go back and rearrange the Marketing schedule to avoid Offers that people will take personally. Two different wheel houses, and one isn't even related to the other. The Offer isn't even connected to Act 6. Which is why we're constantly reminded that not all Offers will appeal to everyone. It's not for the same demographic.
    What we have is people who are not happy with the news, and are applying whatever comes up to the news they're not happy with. Same thing came up with the Memorandum, which didn't even make sense because it opened FGMSs to people who weren't Uncollected, totally demographic. Yet, because people aren't happy with the gate, it was seen as some kind of ploy. It's just suspicion gaining monentum, when things aren't even related. That's what happens when people claim it's all just for money. They start operating on Confirmation Bias.
    "You're missing the point of what I'm saying entirely."

As soon as you effectively make a point, let me know.

If you think this one offer is going to move the needle much on their financials, you're out of touch. Also, when I worked in a Marketing group, it was easy to replace an offer even on short notice. We were even able to adjust one during an offer.
    Just because you worked for another company doesn't mean you know what's feasible for this one.
    Just to clarify. That wasn't meant to be offensive. I appreciate the fact that you have experience in that field, I'm just saying they're two different operations.
  • BB_QBB_Q Posts: 5
    This is beyond belief just bad. It’s like they’re trying to make us all mad. They knew the player base would riot if they put this out, didn’t they? Or are they that blind?
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Everyone relax and keep this constructive.

I would like to say that this offer in no way has anything to do with the 4* ban. It’s 100% coincidence. EVERY time they change something and then release an offer that goes against that change....is PURE coincidence.

Happy gaming!
    Thebgj said:

Everyone relax and keep this constructive.

I would like to say that this offer in no way has anything to do with the 4* ban. It’s 100% coincidence. EVERY time they change something and then release an offer that goes against that change....is PURE coincidence.

Happy gaming!

People just can't understand this.
    Its that simple guys..
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Ahitlaw said:

Way to start pushing loyal members away,my entire alliance is thinking about quitting. Game is going in a horrible direction

Any decent accounts?
    (Just a joke. I’m sure buying accounts is a TOS violation.)
  • luksassisluksassis Posts: 21

I guess, yourself don’t work for Kabam so... and you take it from your experience, so also don’t know how they operate, you know how a similar company operates, so shut up and let them talk for themselves, your insight is useless and only aggravate the situation more than already is... in any company that two sectors don’t talk to each you have large room for blunders like this one, so a company should take more care of it and not take your word for it
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I honestly don't get the reaction to the 4* offer. How many people losing their minds over it would have considered spending $100 to max a 4* if they were allowed in act 6? It's a bad offer, just like almost every similar offer. Presumably people do buy them or the offers would get better. This offer might have been reasonable 2 years ago for people that don't mind spending, but 4*s have been a bad investment for a long time. I laughed when I saw the offer, and the irony of the timing wasn't lost on me. But why get mad? There have been a dozen bad offers this month and, no doubt, there will be a dozen more.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    luksassis said:

I guess, yourself don’t work for Kabam so... and you take it from your experience, so also don’t know how they operate, you know how a similar company operates, so shut up and let them talk for themselves, your insight is useless and only aggravate the situation more than already is... in any company that two sectors don’t talk to each you have large room for blunders like this one, so a company should take more care of it and not take your word for it
    None of us work for them. That's obvious. What I'm operating on is an understanding of the factors involved, and the feedback from them over the course of the last few years. I didn't say they don't talk to each other. I said it's not reasonable to expect one aspect to delegate its time to assuming what people will and will not take personally, and sync that with what the other side may or may not release.
    People are taking the Offer way too personally and it has nothing to do with the news.
  • luksassisluksassis Posts: 21

luksassis said:

None of us work for them. That's obvious. What I'm operating on is an understanding of the factors involved, and the feedback from them over the course of the last few years. I didn't say they don't talk to each other. I said it's not reasonable to expect one aspect to delegate its time to assuming what people will and will not take personally, and sync that with what the other side may or may not release.
    People are taking the Offer way too personally and it has nothing to do with the news.
    My point, you have a assumption of how they work, not knowledge of how it is... it is not about the offer in itself people are pissed off at, it is the timing

Kabam has gotten heat from 4 star restriction on Act 6 since it was announced and this offer now, is it too hard to connect this dots? Really? I mean it... really man?

Because the only reason you could not see this coming is if you are not perceiving the state of mind of this collective which is a large stakeholder
  • JustLaCopeJustLaCope Posts: 32
    Distasteful. And i find it funny no responses made on this post. Nice work kabam. Now guve us rank up generics for our current 5 stars for r3>r4. ;p
    edited March 2019

Distasteful. And i find it funny no responses made on this post. Nice work kabam. Now guve us rank up generics for our current 5 stars for r3>r4. ;p

Might aswell give us a SW 6* and a 6* generic ag. ;)
This discussion has been closed.