**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4 star deal after restriction [Merged Threads]

Comments

• luksassisluksassis Posts: 21

luksassis said:

Granted, I will say that the timing is coincidental, but when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible.

"when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible."

No, it isn't. I have worked in companies that range from small to Fortune 500 size, mostly from the finance side but involved with Marketing at times. Not as difficult as you're making it out to be.
    Not the same ballpark. Not at all. There are way too many variables involved with Design. They are most certainly working on something at all times, sometimes months in advance, and nothing is certain until it's as optimal as they can get it for release. Marketing operates at a different pace, with different objectives, and different goals. Inevitably, they would be waiting indefinitely at times for Devs to give the "OK", and that would be a financial nightmare. Totally diffetent deadlines.
    I worked for a tech company. I was a data analyst in Marketing and worked very closely with developers as did others in Marketing. Marketing never did anything unless the tech side was ready. If the tech wasn't ready, Marketing slowed down. I think you're in over your head on this one unless you happen to work at Kabam and know the day-to-day operations personally.
    Was the company you worked for designing a game that had contractual obligations with major companies?
    That's an oddly-specific scenario and you're trying to make your point by excluding any other relevant scenarios. It's also irrelevant. Exactly what kind of "contractual obligations" would there be in this case? How does that prove your point that developers and Marketing can't coordinate?
    Financial deadlines. That's what.
    So those "financial deadlines" set what exactly? The date for a 4-star offer that could have easily been replaced by another offer? And these "financial deadlines" make an environment in which devs and Marketing can't coordinate anything?

I feel like you don't have much to back up your point here. Enlighten us if you do.
    You're missing the point of what I'm saying entirely. They are two different aspects of the game that work independently, for the most part. Offers are set out over time, in advance, with specific finaicial goals in mind. The only thing that really checks in with is balancing the finances and resources. They're not responsible for coinciding that with whatever might offend people in relation to content changes.
    Design is concerned with creating upcoming content. In some cases, it's possible to merge the two, because there are specific deadlines. A Major Motion Picture Release, for example. There's a very specific deadline in that case. It coincides with the release of the Film. Other content has more freedom to be made when they decide, and there's very little definite about that, other than the tentative they set. TL:DR - They don't know until it's ready.

They're not about to go back and rearrange the Marketing schedule to avoid Offers that people will take personally. Two different wheel houses, and one isn't even related to the other. The Offer isn't even connected to Act 6. Which is why we're constantly reminded that not all Offers will appeal to everyone. It's not for the same demographic.
    What we have is people who are not happy with the news, and are applying whatever comes up to the news they're not happy with. Same thing came up with the Memorandum, which didn't even make sense because it opened FGMSs to people who weren't Uncollected, totally demographic. Yet, because people aren't happy with the gate, it was seen as some kind of ploy. It's just suspicion gaining monentum, when things aren't even related. That's what happens when people claim it's all just for money. They start operating on Confirmation Bias.
    I guess, yourself don’t work for Kabam so... and you take it from your experience, so also don’t know how they operate, you know how a similar company operates, so shut up and let them talk for themselves, your insight is useless and only aggravate the situation more than already is... in any company that two sectors don’t talk to each you have large room for blunders like this one, so a company should take more care of it and not take your word for it
    None of us work for them. That's obvious. What I'm operating on is an understanding of the factors involved, and the feedback from them over the course of the last few years. I didn't say they don't talk to each other. I said it's not reasonable to expect one aspect to delegate its time to assuming what people will and will not take personally, and sync that with what the other side may or may not release.
    People are taking the Offer way too personally and it has nothing to do with the news.
    My point exactly, you are factoring your assumptions of their operation not knowledge of how they do so, players have no access to the company to know that

People are pissed off about the timing of it, Kabam has gotten heat from Act 6 restriction since it wasn’t announced and there was this offer to come up, you tell me it is impossible to see this backlash coming? Really is it so hard to connect this dots? I mean it... really?

Come on, for a company that says it is trying to improve on the communication with their most valuable stakeholders it seem like as they say have room for improvement... lots of it
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★

If you have feedback about the offer please leave it in a constructive manner and please stay on topic in this thread.

What is the point when these threads just turn into black holes? Not the first angry thread, wont be the last, but each one ends up the same. Pages upon pages of zero responses from the powers that be, while the thread spirals after being taken over by trolls until it gets shut down.

For the record, the offer is terrible and the timing (which I acknowledge has nothing to do with the Act 6 5/6* only announcement) is unfortunate to say the least.
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    The timing of this offer might be ill conceived but how many times have there been offers that weren't everyone. That doesn’t mean something won’t come up that suits the ones not suited for this offer.
  • HandsomeJasHandsomeJas Posts: 24
    BlackGoat said:

I don't post often, but I have been playing this game for a couple years now.
    My 2 cents on this is that the 4* offer is over priced (no getting around that), but 4*s are not obsolete from here on out.
    Act 6 Chapter 1, is going to be ONE part of the game you can not use your 4*s on. Yes it will make the content of A6.1 more difficult, but a lot of people who are complaining about the 4*ban, are people who have been asking for more difficult content to be added. 4*s will still be available in almost every other aspect of the contest.
    Another thing to note is that Kabam has never said that A6.2 will have 5 or 6 star requirements.
    My interpretation of this is that they are creating a wall in which a new player can not have completed A6 by the time they have exited the beginner and intermediate arena pool months. Which could potentially fix other problems.

Just my opinions, I'm sure most of you will completely disagree.

Artificially locking all champions of a certain category isn't making the content any harder, it just makes it cheap.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    TO_Beatz said:

Everyone list 10 things they would rather spend their $150 on

Fair enough. Here is my list.

1. A couple new PS4 games.
    2. Several new pairs of pants.
    3. Several new pairs of shirts.
    4. My cell phone bill.
    5. Bus fair for the month.
    6. The complete series of OZ on DVD
    7. The complete series of the BBC’s Hercule Poirot on DVD.
    8. Concert tickets to see Rammstein.
    9. A season pass to Canada’s Wonder Land amusement park.
    10. A bottle of 30 year old single malt scotch whiskey. Or irish whiskey.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Rank up offers suck, however the 4 star crystal isn’t a bad offer (for me at least) , (bad timing to with act 6 lol)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Ronin916 said:

We've merged together several topics about the same matter so it can be addressed all at once. We understand that this offer isn't going to appeal to everyone but it will to some, just as the next offer may not appeal to them but to some of you.

I don't want to take this out on the forum moderators, but I think a lot of players would like to know if anyone at Kabam knows what a blatant slap in the face this is to 99% of players? Even to those who aren't ready for Act 6.
    What I would like to know is why people keep thinking, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that the price of the offers correlates to the progress of the players? That seems to be completely irrelevant, like thinking that someone's hat size determines how well they can intercept.

Players keep joining the game, players keep leaving the game. Many of the absolute top players of the game in two or three years might not have even found the game yet. Every single day someone joins the game that would be more than willing to buy those 4* offers to jump start their game play. And every single day there are players for whom the value proposition of the current deals is actually entirely reasonable.

The people who think a 4* champ has some sort of intrinsic value that they can compare to the amount of money the associated offer costs is entitled to that perspective, but they will be permanently bewildered by how this and all other F2P games monetize themselves. It is the people who understand that they aren't buying *things* they are buying *time* that find the offers a lot more comprehensible. A 4* champ is worth time to me: today almost no time, long ago quite a lot of time. That means the offer was worth more money long ago to me than it does now. Today, I wouldn't buy those offers because they don't give me enough of a time advantage: I earn that stuff too quickly. But it might have made more sense to me a month after I started playing. I might still not have paid the cash, but it would have been more worth it.

The stuff inside the offers has no intrinsic value. It only has relative value to different players based on both their current progress level and how fast they can earn things. The idea that any offer is "a slap in the face" to 99% of the players completely fails to understand both what value even is in a game like this, and the fact that the playerbase is extremely diverse, and there is no such thing as a cash offer that is materially appropriate for 99% of the players.

"You don't own things in the game" is not just a legal technicality. It is explicitly how you are supposed to judge cash offers.
  • BertybBertyb Posts: 12
    Unbelievably tone deaf and telling of an immature, disrespectful company. Unbelievable.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    all i can say is kabam release deals all the time that are targeted at certain areas of the player base.
    not all deals are meant for everyone.
    this deal is clearly not meant for the already blubbery whales, clearly not meant for those looking at doing act 6.

I see this deal as kinda like a babies bottle.
    you know when a mum weans a baby off breast feeding and onto the bottle,
    Its the Baby Whale Starter kit, its designed for those who are still young, its a great deal for those lvl 40 accounts just starting act 5 who are only now beggining to learn the ways of the Whale.
  • Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57
    This was a good deal maybe 36 months ago? Right now ignoring all the act 6 garbage they're shoveling and given the progression of the game this is about 300% over priced. Wow. I'll be that guy and say this might be what causes me to quit. I would be better off if i quit the addiction
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    i get why people don't like the deal but the best thing you can do is just vote with your wallet by not purchasing it.
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★

Drooped2 said:

It'll be full of fake, exaggerated indignation just like the last one. He's a good actor and marketer, that's for sure.

He certainly knows how to rile up his fanboys
    "Are you taking the piss, mate?" Honestly, I actually watched the newest "rant he had" after not watching him for a long time. I was actually impressed with some of it...then I remembered who I was listening to. He'll be back buying featured crystals for clicks very soon.
    im not gonna defend him but the guy plays the game for a living. he makes money off the game. he spends money on the game and gets double the money from ad revenue.
    So does Brian Grant and he doesn't have to do these fake outrage videos to get more views. With Seatin's subscribers, he could go play another game and still do fine. I've seen people in his video comments say they stopped playing MCOC long ago but they keep coming back for him. At this point, it's more about him and his persona.
    "He spends money on the game and gets double the money from ad rev"
    " so does bg"
    Was just mentioning bg, by the fact that he doesn't spend.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Elad17 said:

Ok I have heard just about enough. Did it ever cross any of your minds. That they may in fact reverse the decision to not allow 4* champs in chapter 1 act 6. I say lets give them a chance to really see the impact with positive reinforcement of actual legitimacy in our complaints. We are all aware of the results when we complain too much sometimes they hear us sometimes they don’t. The offers as I see them are high priced for very little as the only thing in the offers you cannot obtain from normal game play is a max signature stone. With that being said let’s give the opportunity to actually give it a decent thought after all they are I’m sure working on the latest round of glitches and bugs. Give them a break and revisit the argument next week. Don’t just bash them everyday all day

"I say lets give them a chance to really see the impact with positive reinforcement of actual legitimacy in our complaints."

Based on the feedback so far, it seems like they've made their decision and won't change.
  • BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298
    I believe all restrictions on 4* are temporary. It will eventually lift off.
  • luksassisluksassis Posts: 21

Granted, I will say that the timing is coincidental, but when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible.

"when you're talking about asking Marketing to verify their plans with Design, that's a whole cross-department mess that's not feasible."

No, it isn't. I have worked in companies that range from small to Fortune 500 size, mostly from the finance side but involved with Marketing at times. Not as difficult as you're making it out to be.
    Not the same ballpark. Not at all. There are way too many variables involved with Design. They are most certainly working on something at all times, sometimes months in advance, and nothing is certain until it's as optimal as they can get it for release. Marketing operates at a different pace, with different objectives, and different goals. Inevitably, they would be waiting indefinitely at times for Devs to give the "OK", and that would be a financial nightmare. Totally diffetent deadlines.
    I worked for a tech company. I was a data analyst in Marketing and worked very closely with developers as did others in Marketing. Marketing never did anything unless the tech side was ready. If the tech wasn't ready, Marketing slowed down. I think you're in over your head on this one unless you happen to work at Kabam and know the day-to-day operations personally.
    Was the company you worked for designing a game that had contractual obligations with major companies?
    That's an oddly-specific scenario and you're trying to make your point by excluding any other relevant scenarios. It's also irrelevant. Exactly what kind of "contractual obligations" would there be in this case? How does that prove your point that developers and Marketing can't coordinate?
    Financial deadlines. That's what.
    So those "financial deadlines" set what exactly? The date for a 4-star offer that could have easily been replaced by another offer? And these "financial deadlines" make an environment in which devs and Marketing can't coordinate anything?

I feel like you don't have much to back up your point here. Enlighten us if you do.
    You're missing the point of what I'm saying entirely. They are two different aspects of the game that work independently, for the most part. Offers are set out over time, in advance, with specific finaicial goals in mind. The only thing that really checks in with is balancing the finances and resources. They're not responsible for coinciding that with whatever might offend people in relation to content changes.
    Design is concerned with creating upcoming content. In some cases, it's possible to merge the two, because there are specific deadlines. A Major Motion Picture Release, for example. There's a very specific deadline in that case. It coincides with the release of the Film. Other content has more freedom to be made when they decide, and there's very little definite about that, other than the tentative they set. TL:DR - They don't know until it's ready.

They're not about to go back and rearrange the Marketing schedule to avoid Offers that people will take personally. Two different wheel houses, and one isn't even related to the other. The Offer isn't even connected to Act 6. Which is why we're constantly reminded that not all Offers will appeal to everyone. It's not for the same demographic.
    What we have is people who are not happy with the news, and are applying whatever comes up to the news they're not happy with. Same thing came up with the Memorandum, which didn't even make sense because it opened FGMSs to people who weren't Uncollected, totally demographic. Yet, because people aren't happy with the gate, it was seen as some kind of ploy. It's just suspicion gaining monentum, when things aren't even related. That's what happens when people claim it's all just for money. They start operating on Confirmation Bias.
    "You're missing the point of what I'm saying entirely."

As soon as you effectively make a point, let me know.

If you think this one offer is going to move the needle much on their financials, you're out of touch. Also, when I worked in a Marketing group, it was easy to replace an offer even on short notice. We were even able to adjust one during an offer.
    Just because you worked for another company doesn't mean you know what's feasible for this one.
    Same note works for you
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Pass... the offers of late haven’t been good. It’s seems like kabam hasn’t figure out the gameplay to dollar ratio.
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    Thank you for the joke, Kabam. Free 2 play for now on. Not another single penny from my pocket.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

• TheReverendTheReverend Posts: 126
    How did u get a 5* War Machine????!???
    Jcobra25 said:

Thanks for the kind offering! $99 to be able to rank up any 4* of your choosing all the way to rank 5!
    I don't know if we ever had any such kind of offers before?
    And by "before" I mean, BEFORE you let us know that 4*s can not be used in act 6. So, I really want to thank you for the kind gesture. And ponder a little bit about what this offer means.

For context, I haven't played this game for too long. But I did manage to 100% Act V just a couple of weeks ago. All done with maxed 4 stars. I do have ~25 five star champs, and two 6 star champs. But I decided It was not prudent to try and do Act V with my 5 star people.

I was blessed with this awesome 5 star roster.
    King Groot, Yellow Jacket, Ms. Marvel (Kamalah), Captain America(og), Black Panther, Iron Man, Rhino, Red Cyclops, Yellow, Cyclops, Thor Jane foster, Iron Fist, Old man Logan, Spiderman(og), Juggernaut, Miles Morales, Groot, Iron Patriot, Hulkbuster, Colossus, Karnak, War Machine, Superior Iron Man.

Oh, and my 6*s are Karnak, and King Groot, yay!!!!

I mean, it would had been way too easy to 100% Act 5 with a collection of such fabulous champs. So instead I decided to really challenge myself and do it with some *obsolete* 4 stars like:
    Archangel, Stark Spidey, Blade, Gladiator Hulk, Domino, Omega Red, Corvus, Void, Cap IW, Ghost Rider. Those are mainly the people I used for Act V, and the people I swap in and out for Uncollected every month.

Now, that act 6 is coming up, and with the news that 4 stars wont be allowed in it. I am super stoked that I will FINALLY!!! be able to use my SUPER AMAZING ROSTER of 5 Star champs.

But I digress, what I want is to thank the powers of being for presenting us with this $99 special rank up offer for a 4 star champ.
    Thanks to this offer, I can rank up another 4* champ THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO USE IN ACT VI. But on the flip side, I can either keep having fun with my 4*s in Act V, or maybe look for another source of entertainment. I don't know, time to start flipping coins, and start being smarter I guess ;)

Have a blessed day!

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Jcobra25 said:

Thanks for the kind offering! $99 to be able to rank up any 4* of your choosing all the way to rank 5!
    And by "before" I mean, BEFORE you let us know that 4*s can not be used in act 6. So, I really want to thank you for the kind gesture. And ponder a little bit about what this offer means.

For context, I haven't played this game for too long. But I did manage to 100% Act V just a couple of weeks ago. All done with maxed 4 stars. I do have ~25 five star champs, and two 6 star champs. But I decided It was not prudent to try and do Act V with my 5 star people.

King Groot, Yellow Jacket, Ms. Marvel (Kamalah), Captain America(og), Black Panther, Iron Man, Rhino, Red Cyclops, Yellow, Cyclops, Thor Jane foster, Iron Fist, Old man Logan, Spiderman(og), Juggernaut, Miles Morales, Groot, Iron Patriot, Hulkbuster, Colossus, Karnak, War Machine, Superior Iron Man.

I mean, it would had been way too easy to 100% Act 5 with a collection of such fabulous champs. So instead I decided to really challenge myself and do it with some *obsolete* 4 stars like:
    Archangel, Stark Spidey, Blade, Gladiator Hulk, Domino, Omega Red, Corvus, Void, Cap IW, Ghost Rider. Those are mainly the people I used for Act V, and the people I swap in and out for Uncollected every month.

Now, that act 6 is coming up, and with the news that 4 stars wont be allowed in it. I am super stoked that I will FINALLY!!! be able to use my SUPER AMAZING ROSTER of 5 Star champs.

But I digress, what I want is to thank the powers of being for presenting us with this $99 special rank up offer for a 4 star champ.
    Thanks to this offer, I can rank up another 4* champ THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO USE IN ACT VI. But on the flip side, I can either keep having fun with my 4*s in Act V, or maybe look for another source of entertainment. I don't know, time to start flipping coins, and start being smarter I guess ;)

Have a blessed day!

Wasn't he offered not too long ago? I vaguely remember a Crystal with him or something along the lines. May not have been. My memory on it is fuzzy.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Jcobra25 said:

Have a blessed day!

Wasn't he offered not too long ago? I vaguely remember a Crystal with him or something along the lines. May not have been. My memory on it is fuzzy.
    Nope. Not War Machine.
    V1PER1987 said:

Jcobra25 said:

Have a blessed day!

Nope. Not War Machine.
    Ah. Ok. I think it's unclear because not too long ago, there was a Crystal that didn't indicate he wasn't in it, some reported seeing him in the reel. Could have been a different Champ. Hard to keep track sometimes. Lol.

V1PER1987 said:

Jcobra25 said:

Have a blessed day!

Nope. Not War Machine.
    Ah. Ok. I think it's unclear because not too long ago, there was a Crystal that didn't indicate he wasn't in it, some reported seeing him in the reel. Could have been a different Champ. Hard to keep track sometimes. Lol.
    To the best of my knowledge the only exclusive 5* being circulated are Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Electro, and Abomination. I may be missing someone.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Jcobra25 said:

Have a blessed day!

Nope. Not War Machine.
    To the best of my knowledge the only exclusive 5* being circulated are Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Electro, and Abomination. I may be missing someone.
    i think so too but it seems @Kabam Miike eluded to the fact we may see the others
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Jcobra25 said:

Have a blessed day!

Nope. Not War Machine.
    I think you're right.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    THE DEAL IS A JOKE!!!

Here’s 169$ for 4* rank champs, but u can’t use them in act 6..

It’s hilarious they did this offer right before the release. It’s honestly comical to see how this crooked company works
    MaatMan said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Jcobra25 said:

Have a blessed day!

Nope. Not War Machine.
    i think so too but it seems @Kabam Miike eluded to the fact we may see the others
    I hope so but I won’t hold my breath. Nothing I’d love to see more than a 5* SW. got an awakening gem and over 100 sigs I can use but I don’t want to chase a pipe dream.
This discussion has been closed.