**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    the worst thing is rng for 6* and 5*. there are people with 40-60 5* who might not have a champ of some specific class, not speaking of specific champ for synergy or whatever. every game I've seen that has restrictions like that always had a way to grind some specific champ guaranteed, not like those arena for people who have to many time to waste on game
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Ace_03 said:

At this pace whales and casuals will be the only ones left playing in the cinder.

Depending on how you define "whale" and "casual" that's probably already true, and has been true since the beginning of the game. The hardcore non-spenders have probably always been a roundoff error in the game's population.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    I thought the point of champion rating was to encourage higher rarity champs and slightly punish lower rarity ones? Wasn’t that one of the points of 12.0?
  • BikeshBikesh Posts: 15
    I am one of those middle tier players still working on 4* roster to complete ACT5. I was really happy to see that recent offer to rank up my 4* Corvus and Spiderman (SE). Almost bought it before someone asked me to check the forum first. I guess I have to stop spending on my 4* and I guess rank up my 5* Iron Fist and Hawkeye now :s:s
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    So recently there's been alot of drama surrounding this as you all know but I want to ask. Is it really that bad? I mean think about it like this, when the Variant first came out we found it annoying but eventually figured it out. So what's to say this will be any different, but also there's one huge thing I think a lot of people are overlooking, it's that 4*s might not be able to cut it at all in act 6, these are gonna be buffed out 6* star champs like we've never seen before meaning Challenger Rating is gonna kick in. I mean there's a reason we no longer use 3*s in any content beyond 5.1. So even if you only have 1 4* Synergy you could still lose your other champs and then be stuck with a 4 star that's greatly outclassed by the difficulty level causing loads more frustration. And now about today's deal endgame players you realize not everything is supposed to cater to you right? This deal wasn't targeted to you guys but rather at people needing to expand their 4* Roster.

The one thing I will say is this, paths should not be locked behind the amount if 5 or 6*s you have that's just stupid and unnecessarily hinders progression.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    The issue I have is if I pay for a champ I should be able to use it. It might not be the right tool for the job but it is my choice. This takes the choice out of my hand and I will be asking for a refund of 95% of my purchases used to buy FGMC since that is the likelyhood of getting a champ that I cannot use on new content
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    Drop the shard requirement down a bit on the 6* champs to make them more reachable...most of them are rubbish anyway why not hand them off? Another thought fresh off the noodle lol.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

If the 5* champs went down to 2000 shards instead of 10000 that would probably help, even if it’s like 5000 shards...would be easier to get a half decent 5* roster much quicker to tackle the change. Just a thought...and I know it’s not much of one. Lol.

Somehow I think allowing players like me to open one 5* crystal a day would actually not benefit other players as much as you think it would. There are huge unintended side effects of ripping the reward curve apart like that. The 5*/6* progress gate itself owes its existence in part to the fact that 5* champs are so easy to get now compared to in the past.

You allow players to gain 5* champs that fast, and you will create new content that would be difficult even for them to meet the prerequisites of.

Something is always going to be hard, even for the top players to achieve. The stuff that is hard for them to achieve will seem basically impossible for lower tier players to achieve. The long term solution to that problem is the game always slowly inflates the reward system over time, which devalues what the top players took a lot of effort to earn because lower players will then get those same things much easier. That's the ratchet that cranks the progress curve upward and allows the same game to target top players, middle players, and lower players. It does so by making everything difficult, and slowly lowering the difficulty while creating newer things at the top. Progress games like this are like an escalator: you can run against the escalator to the top to get rewards, or you can wait at the bottom for the rewards to descend automatically and come to you. Where you are in the game depends on how much effort you want to put into running uphill.

I think most players accept this when it comes to twitch skills. You can attack the content today, or you can wait to get a stronger roster which lowers the amount of twitch skill you need. People have to learn that roster-building is another one of those things that some people will be better at than others, and the people with the best ability to grow roster won't necessarily be the same people that can develop twitch skills quickly. That part is going to be a lot more difficult to accept.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    CapWW2 said:

Guys the 4 star Ban is ok. ACT 6 was a content specifically created for 5* and 6 stars.

END OF THE CONVERSATION

whew.. good to know.. shame you didn't comment like 40 pages ago.. would have saved soo much time for everyone..
  • Cutless_XCutless_X Posts: 53
    Although i DO NOT agree witb the ban, i will stay optimistic until the real thing drops. We will see if this is a truely horrid thing or its just one of those "worse on paper" issues. In 48 hours i will make my decision and yall can make yours
  • Kinga8Kinga8 Posts: 2
    With all Bugs and Problems connecting, the 4 Star ban seems to be too much for the Community and there was no offical ingame Apology from Kabam which includes a bit of Compensations. Although i am excited for new content, i get the Point why so many Players are very disappointed with this anouncement for Act 6 and Even more the explanations from Kabam employers. So far i really enjoy this Game and i think the Content Creators did a great Job.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

I am ready for Act 6. Lets bring it on. This is going to be my team. What team will you most likely be using?
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Just to add, you're only looking at the first half of my reply. Read the second half as well.

It's EXACTLY because you can possibly do A6 with all your god tier 5/50s that the developers want to shift that reliance away from them and allow you to be creative to think of alternative methods to get past opponents.

But using god tier 4*s IS the alternative method to get past the opponents
    That’s the issue imo. We are so fixated with “god tier” champs that if we don’t have a 5* variant of that particular, we look to use our 4* variant to clear that node.
    And why is that a problem?
    Weaker champions= longer fights= more room for error= more error= more items spent.
    Is there something wrong with trying not to waste units?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

xNig said:

xNig said:

Just to add, you're only looking at the first half of my reply. Read the second half as well.

It's EXACTLY because you can possibly do A6 with all your god tier 5/50s that the developers want to shift that reliance away from them and allow you to be creative to think of alternative methods to get past opponents.

But using god tier 4*s IS the alternative method to get past the opponents
    That’s the issue imo. We are so fixated with “god tier” champs that if we don’t have a 5* variant of that particular, we look to use our 4* variant to clear that node.
    And why is that a problem?
    Weaker champions= longer fights= more room for error= more error= more items spent.
    Is there something wrong with trying not to waste units?
    It’s not a problem. But it sure is an issue when people are clearing the same path with the exact same champs (be it 4/5/6*) without thinking of alternatives that they currently have.

Sorry. Just curious. Are you at that level to do A6 yet? Cause I was looking through your posts and saw that you were looking for a D4 Dungeon partner less than a month ago.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 said:

I am ready for Act 6. Lets bring it on. This is going to be my team. What team will you most likely be using?

You'll probably need 6* Skill champs. Bad luck :neutral:
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

CapWW2 said:

You'll probably need 6* Skill champs. Bad luck :neutral:
    I got 5/65 Blade. That covers for it
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Hi Kabam,

Don't know if it has already been said, but why do you care if someone wants to use its 4 stars to do the Act 6 ?

I mean there are people around here, youtubers or not, that can do some uncollected parts, even uncollected boss with 2 stars ! You, Kabam, even gave praises to Seatin for finishing a master difficulty with only 3 stars !

By limiting the rank of champions you just take the challenge from those who have the skill to try really difficult challenge with low rank champions.

restricting paths to some type of champions is ok, even restricting it to one champion in particular (whatever the stars) is ok. you can even restrict some paths ton team that have at least a six star or even a six star cosmic ! But at least someone with meme six star cosmic will be abel to open that path and try it with its 4-5 stars and their synergy !

Remove the limit on 4 stars and you will show you have concern for your player base, you will see tons of videos from youtuber able to do some path with 4 stars and even if it's difficult, people will be aware of it and will have to spend units (even money for some) to finish the Act 6