**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game keeps on downloading 500mb of data

Why is this happening? I updated the game yesterday, and went through the 500mb download the first time. But when I opened game again today, it said it will download the same 500mb of data. This is such a hassle and I'm pretty sure if I play AQ or AW, it will download stuff before any fight and I will get a timeout. Any mod here please help.

Comments

• BuzzBeeBuzzBee Posts: 71
    Can anyone tell me how long I have to be part of this beta testing? Thanks!

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Spice
  • Hey BuzzBee,

Has this happened more than the 2 times that you mentioned? Does it happen every time you open the game?
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Hey BuzzBee,

Has this happened more than the 2 times that you mentioned? Does it happen every time you open the game?

Yes every single time! In fact btwn fights i have to load like some more data
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 5
    Mine has done it 3 times already since the beta update, it's seems to do it at random times
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Hey BuzzBee,

Its happened well over six times since Friday for me.

• MadSweeneyMadSweeney Posts: 11
    I'm also experiencing the same with my main account and I even went as far a uninstalling and reinstalling the game 2 times to make sure that their was no other issues. I kind of works fine under WIFI, but then it shows a loading bar at the bottom of the screen.
  • Ca5520Ca5520 Posts: 28
    Sent a ticket in about this and kabams great customer service replied 48 hours later saying it's a beta test that they hope to roll out in coming future. Nothing about why it's taking data in the first place. If that is the only reply they wanna say then this game is going down hill so fast and they don't give a flying hoot about it.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    I think they are working towards pushing updates that way instead of app updates through store. Could be wrong but if I delete game now and reinstall, initial install from play store is sub 100mb.
    Hey BuzzBee,

When we answer questions its nice to have you reply back.
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 207
    It is happening 80% of the time I open and close. Very annoying as I cannot often finish or do the Stark assignments. It lasts anywhere from 10-45 minutes multiple times a day. It is doing it now in fact.

Is this the new norm ?

Thanks
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 207
    This is what we are experiencing .
    Hey BuzzBee,

Yes bro. As soon as I exit and reopen game, it starts with notice that it is gonna download 500mb over my mobile data.

It will be good @Kabam Miike bro if you give us an idea on what the game is actually downloading and why is the file size too big.

Also, until when are we going to go through this? I understand homecoming event is coming to an end and we will probably have a new update by then but please give us assurance that it is gonna be back to normal soon. Thanks.

I can't play normally and as frequently as I used too. The game is as good as broken right now.
  • Twg2000Twg2000 Posts: 12
    When I'm not on wifi it won't start the game without downloading 500mb of data. When I'm on wifi it loads fine but still has the download bar every other screen or so. How is it that the game still uses my data even while playing under wifi. This is in no way acceptable. And I play on two devices. My phone is the one having issues and my tablet is perfectly fine. So this isn't something linked to my account or it would be affecting both. This needs to be rectified asap and please lemme know how logging into a game a few times validates using a month's worth of data
    Oh and another thing I forgot to touch base on. The response I got to the ticket I submitted was that this was all part of beta testing. I was in no way notified of this. Didn't volunteer for it. Nor would I ever based on this experience. Beta testing should be for those that want to be part of it not flopped in the lap of unsuspecting gameplayers.
  • terroryanterroryan Posts: 1
    Hey BuzzBee,

Yo Kabam Mike. I think the issue on Android is that when you "optimize" the device, data gets wiped hence the need to re-download over 500MB jusr to play or jump between sections of the game. Optimization is necessary for Android users so this needs ro be addressed in a different patch. It may seem to save having to release a large apk, but the community would suffer in the long run.

Hope this gets resolved soon because Andoid is what I use to play when travelling.

Thanks in advance!
  • SonicEmpireSonicEmpire Posts: 83
    I just started getting this tonight. it's only happened twice and lasted a second or 2 but is it gonna start to happen more or cause issues???
  • LowecomotiveLowecomotive Posts: 18
    My game has also done this several times.
    Only when I'm using cell network.
    Also since the Beta dload the game has become almost unplayable at times, due to lag and mishits.
  • I am having the same problem, it keeps downloading before every fight, why does this happens always..
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    Got an Ipad and an S7 ,ofc the android gets this bug , no update on ios
  • SonicEmpireSonicEmpire Posts: 83
    edited August 2017
    its started happening more on my game today. niw there is also crashing and unit store is broken with pricing saying UAH (Ukraine currency).
  • Raider17Raider17 Posts: 28
    Having to download is wasting my time as your timers don't stop. 3 times yesterday, once so far today & has happened every day since this beta was orced on me...
    @Kabam Miike

Any word on why this is happening? And is there gonna be any kind of compensation? I'd normally roll with the punches but the game essentially ate all of my data in a few short tries of logging in. No Bueno kabam
  • f3bi3f3bi3 Posts: 2
    Just one of my alliance mate's luck! 5th day of AQ and this is what happened, pull ur
  • FizicystFizicyst Posts: 43
    The new 14.1 does this...no notice, just ate 0.5 GB of my data plan! And takes over 10 minutes just to log in once!
    Hey BuzzBee,

Its been a few days @Kabam Miike do you have any answers?
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 5
    I have a Samsung S6 when I use device maintanance and force close apps running in the background which mcoc does and restart the game it will redownload the 500 mb.. I've tested this 3 times and each time it downloaded the 500mb
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Hey BuzzBee,

Its been a few days @Kabam Miike do you have any answers?

I see you posting all day in other threads and closing stuff but still no reply to us in here. You asked us questions and we answered you but now you ignore us once again. @Kabam Miike when will you have a update for us? Just wanted to check in since its been a few days. Seems like enough time to check with the "team".
  • I had same problem... I have solved. Don't use any of cleaning app after this additional download. Cleaning apps thinks this additional download files are junk files & they clean this. & when you starts game, game downloads this additional files once more.
    How is not using a cleaner a fix for this issue. That in no way is an answer. I still have weeks to go with no data cause the game was acting up. Please address this as soon as possible. Thanks much
This discussion has been closed.