**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 Star Champions - Availability and Upgrade Request

Hi, I'd like to propose some updates to the availability and rank up material availability for 5 stars.

Below are some suggestions, many that I first heard from Prof Hoff:

Lower the cost of 5 star hero and 5 star featured hero crystals. My suggestion would be to cut these in half (5k and 7.5k)

Offer ways to get 5* awakening gem crystal shards.

Offer ways to get 5* Rank up gem crystal shards.

Introduce an Uncollected Solo Crystal that has 5* sig stones and awakening gems (like the greater solo crystal has 4* ones)

Introduce a T5B daily event quest for shards.

Introduce a 5* Basic Arena

Introduce a Sunday Gold Rush Arena

Comments

• C_Bailz413C_Bailz413 Posts: 9
    This is the most realistic and workable approach that I’ve heard yet.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    It's easier to make shards more accessible than changing the price because it means old content will be giving in essence double the amount of 5* champions, for example LoL will give you 4 for completion instead of 2.
    If you make them more accessible in new content it would solve the problem of people just finishing it getting double the champs.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    @Crkwest either way is fine with me. Double my pay or slash my mortgage. :smile:
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    Still means that people that did permanent content would be getting half the 5*s others would and it's a bit unfair for all of us that have already gone through it all
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Just on the first three suggestions Kabam would shut all the backslash, like immediately... almost becoming a merciful god, without compromising it's earnings on the game. Throw a bone to the people, and people will fill your wallets. Pretty simple math Kabam
    @Crkwest I'm just saying I agree with ya.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    I have 2 main critiques to this...
    1. 5* champs are relatively easy to get! I average one, maybe even two 5* champs a month, without spending money on the game. There is no reason to lower the requirements necessary to obtain something that isnt too dificult to obtain. Granted, I am able to beat uncollected EQ's, but that didnt come with handouts or favors from kabam, and i sure has Hell didn't buy my way to this level. It takes a while, but its something we all did.
    2. Everything listed after lowering the cost of shards per 5* crystal is the main source of revenue for kabam from this game. By making these items much more accessible to us, it lowers their revenue and dries us their wallets. They have no incentive to do this, despite how awesome it would be for us to get more of those items, even if it would take a while to obtain them.

I have 2 main critiques to this...
    1. 5* champs are relatively easy to get! I average one, maybe even two 5* champs a month, without spending money on the game. There is no reason to lower the requirements necessary to obtain something that isnt too dificult to obtain. Granted, I am able to beat uncollected EQ's, but that didnt come with handouts or favors from kabam, and i sure has Hell didn't buy my way to this level. It takes a while, but its something we all did.
    2. Everything listed after lowering the cost of shards per 5* crystal is the main source of revenue for kabam from this game. By making these items much more accessible to us, it lowers their revenue and dries us their wallets. They have no incentive to do this, despite how awesome it would be for us to get more of those items, even if it would take a while to obtain them.

Ok, and I'm the first to defend the revenue generation however as the game has progressed, what was once the revenue generator for Kabam dies down and revenue focus shifts. 4 stars used to be the revenue generator while 5 stars were harder to come by. The focus had now shifted to 6 stars and five stars are becoming more accessible. These ideas are only meant to open up the accessibility of 5 stars to more players and their rank up requirements while the meta of the game switches to 6 stars. With the introduction of T5C, something that is only needed on 6 stars, this will become a big revenue generator. Having a 5* Basic Arena will encourage more spending of units. Having a T5B quest, at say 4 energy per step, will add to revenue. Anything that makes you play MORE is a revenue generator. Having milestones that require champion usage in order to obtain become revenue generation. There are still going to be and should be offers for these rank up, shard and crystal requirements and for those wanting to pay, they can obtain those more quickly. For those wishing to grind it out, these are new options available for them.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★

Introduce a Sunday Gold Rush Arena

You can't imagine how I wait for this...
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    I would like to say that like normal monthly event quest has a fixed 3* as a reward for 100% completion, for heroic give out a fixed 4*, for masters a fixed 5*. when difficulty is of same level then it is great disparity if someone gets a better rng than others from montly quest shards. so introduce same standard of rewards for all monthly event quest at least.