**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why do people generally rate magik over voodoo?

His PC may not be as good as hers, but he definitely has more going for him. The regen at the start of every fight, can lower ability accuracy and double his own, nullify and convert buffs to poison(the loas he uses can be converted too), can gain additional power burn damage through the special 2, can power gain and can drain power and gain power through the special 3. Magik only has nullifies on the special 1 and 3, as well as that amazing power control and steal on the special 2. I understand that she is the queen of power control, but voodoo does seem to have more going for him. Thoughts and opinions?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I’ve always loved DV over Magik every time.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Voodoo undoubtedly has more utility than magik, but magik is more straightforward to use.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    For me they are about average when it comes to actual attack power. Their basic attacks are pretty weak but DV just has way more utility. I don’t know why she’s praised so highly over DV. When played right DV can have good power control too.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    I rate them similar, but can depend on the fight. If poison immune, DV is not as great. Also, Magik is a lot easier to use. Not that DV is that hard, but not as easy as Magik. Plus, DV needs a dupe to make him great and Magik does not for attack.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    SSJ4 said:

His PC may not be as good as hers, but he definitely has more going for him. The regen at the start of every fight, can lower ability accuracy and double his own, nullify and convert buffs to poison(the loas he uses can be converted too), can gain additional power burn damage through the special 2, can power gain and can drain power and gain power through the special 3. Magik only has nullifies on the special 1 and 3, as well as that amazing power control and steal on the special 2. I understand that she is the queen of power control, but voodoo does seem to have more going for him. Thoughts and opinions?

Probably personal preference
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    I think mainly Magik is more useful is because in AW or other aspects of the game, if you run suicides limbo negates the damage taken. She is more forgiving in longer fights when limbo is active.

I would much rather take her in AW (as I do now for path 5) than take Dr. Voodoo.
  • RhinoBallsRhinoBalls Posts: 26
    I found Voodoo got much better after sig +/- 90. Now i prefer him over her for power control (using even combo L2). Before sig 100, a five hit combo meant the attacker still ended up with plus energy over all. Since 100, a combo is a net loss.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    To be fair both are good. Both have power control and some kind of regeneration (however magic has better one). But if it comes to damage DV is much better imo cursing enemies.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    DV need duped to be good yet Magik is powerful even unduped.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    There is a set of fights for each. If you can poison it, then no brainer, use DV. If you can't poison it and you cant heavily debuff it, then powerlock it using Magik. I have come to love even more Magik since it got her duped 4/55. If I had DV, also I would rank him up. For me, personally, it's situational choices
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    You didn't mention limbo and corner lock intercepts.

The best thing about her maybe be the power lock but limbo is an extremely useful ability. With the l2 you can have a lot of the uptime on limbo throughout the fight causing a lot of damage and then when you're ready to recoup any damage lost you can just stop and catch your breath a minute.

Voodoo does have more going for him sure, but an expert magik user will shine over an expert voodoo player all day.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Magik has way better power control than voodoo
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Id say easier to do power control and limbo
  • Now that the game is more technical, and there's nodes/champs like Purify, and the ones that benefits the defender based on attackers buffs, Magik is a better option. Easier to use, and Limbo is passive, so does not count as a beneficial buff. IMO
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    I used to be all-in for Voodoo. Got him as a 3* when he came out and he helped me clear a lot of content, including some of RTTL. I pulled the 4* during Act 4 and took him to 5/50 when I could. Used him all the time.

I pulled him from a 5* basic crystal a month after he was added. Really excited. However, he still sits at 1/25 because I haven't duped him, haven't pulled a mystic gem and I'm hesitant to use my generic gem on him.

Why? Throughout all the time I was using 4* Voodoo, I never had Magik over 3*. I finally got a 4* followed by a couple quick dupes. Then I got the 5*. She has consumed my mystic t4, which has prevented me from ranking up Voodoo, and I might take her to r5 soon, too.

I still love Voodoo, but Magik is just so easy to use (not that Voodoo is difficult). She makes intercepting a lot easier. Also, she's not hurt by poison immune.

Ultimately, I'd like to rank up Voodoo down the road, but Magik is my priority for now.
  • KG05_1KG05_1 Posts: 59
    Using DV in a fight against Venom is my favorite matchup in the game. Absolutely crushes him
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Magik is useful right out of the box. I had mine at r4 unduped forever. Meanwhile my DV sites idle except for arena because of no dupe still.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Voodoo doesn’t do anything for me, per se, but for limited FTP accounts like my kids, he just has every tool you need. Esp for AQ and EQ. I have some champ that does everything he does but better, but he is the only champ that seems to do it all.

I don’t think magik falls into that same bracket.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    People rate Magik over DV because she's arguably the best, or one of the best, power control champs.
    DV isn't really the best at anything. He's a strong, high utility champ, but he isn't really the best at anything he does.
    Magik's intercept against the wall while powerlocked style also trivializes a lot of difficult content.
    Just my opinion. I've got both, Magik went to r4 as a 5 star first, even though a maxed out 4* voodoo was the top champ on my account for a long time. Now that I have some experience with both, Magik just seems better.
    Also, although magik's basic attacks are weak, her specials hit pretty hard.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Magik has the most convenient power control in the game, and that can be incredibly handy if you can only take so many specials before you slip up to a hard to evade one or die from block damage.

Voodoo definitely has more utility and is pretty much the only champ that does any good poison damage (AA is the only other one I can think of, and he depends on bleedability)

If I had to choose one to use, I would pick voodoo, but Magik is the true MVP every once in a while.