**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    lol, so just ignore everyone and do what kabam wants... nice policy lets see if it works
  • SkkcSkkc Posts: 110

AndiYTDE said:

Lagacy's preview of Act 6 Ch1 Quest 1 is up now! Take a look at his preview video for tips on how to avoid damage from No Retreat, and more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56dQlf0zU90

After seeing this video I have to say: You have to be kidding me! You expect us to have so many specific champions (some that cause bleed, power control champs, ones that generate fury buffs) and don´t allow 4* champions so we do not get the utility? That´s just such a bad move, Kabam!

Answers to specific challenges? Yes. Specific Champions? Not so much.

Act 6 will require counters to certain challenges, but there are more than just a handful of Champions with these abilities. There are many Champions that cause Bleed and are immune to it, many Champions that can manipulate and control power, and many Champions that can generate Fury Buffs (lots of Cosmic Champions fit that bill!).

Roster exploration will be important in Act 6.
    How long is it going to take to pull those SPECIFIC counters as 5*. A month (unrealistic) ? 6 months ? a year?

If this is not a play by KABAM to make us spend a ton of money, then what is it?
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★

@Kabam Miike Just curious as to why you didn't let him run chapter 2.

We wanted to give you all a preview of Act 6, but didn't want to give away everything that's coming in the Chapter!
    I can understand that but it would have been nice if he was at least allowed to showcase all the new nodes as a primer to the launch tomorrow. Only showing one new buff was a bit underwhelming. Just my thoughts.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

Lagacy's preview of Act 6 Ch1 Quest 1 is up now! Take a look at his preview video for tips on how to avoid damage from No Retreat, and more!

After seeing this video I have to say: You have to be kidding me! You expect us to have so many specific champions (some that cause bleed, power control champs, ones that generate fury buffs) and don´t allow 4* champions so we do not get the utility? That´s just such a bad move, Kabam!

Act 6 will require counters to certain challenges, but there are more than just a handful of Champions with these abilities. There are many Champions that cause Bleed and are immune to it, many Champions that can manipulate and control power, and many Champions that can generate Fury Buffs (lots of Cosmic Champions fit that bill!).

Variant restrictions was also great for this.
    Allowed me to go deep into my roster and find nice counters, shame that 4*s make up such a large % of our rosters though...
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★

I don’t see the beta test banner, which leads me to believe this took place on his live account. Can you confirm?

If this took place on his live account how will he (and the other CCP) be allowed to do a legend run for 6.1? It’s nothing personal against Lags or the other content creator programmers. Just trying to see if how this will play out.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

I don’t see the beta test banner, which leads me to believe this took place on his live account. Can you confirm?

If this took place on his live account how will he (and the other CCP) be allowed to do a legend run for 6.1? It’s nothing personal against Lags or the other content creator programmers. Just trying to see if how this will play out.
    They won’t be allowed a legend run.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Mcyeety said:

No point in posting anymore on this thread. Every single post gets taken down.

This is page 62...
  • McyeetyMcyeety Posts: 4

Mcyeety said:

This is page 62...
    I'm glad you can count.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Bad choice of words from me, but I hoped you get what I meant. I was wrong.
    Why exactly can 4* champions not take on these challenges? They can easily one-shot every single one of these enemies in the hands of a skilled player. So don´t give me the usual "We want to protect you" speech, that´s just not true.
    You want us to explore our roster and make over 70% of it unuseable. Do you even hear what you are saying?
    We have already talked about our reasons behind that decision. You can find it here.
    Those reasons have been rejected and debunked by the majority of the community as weak and nonsensical.
    Which is how some of us predicted it would be received even before they posted them, because people won't accept reason when they don't want something.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Mcyeety said:

Mcyeety said:

This is page 62...
    I'm glad you can count.
    Actually no counting was needed. Glad you’re glad though
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

MattMan said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Bad choice of words from me, but I hoped you get what I meant. I was wrong.
    Why exactly can 4* champions not take on these challenges? They can easily one-shot every single one of these enemies in the hands of a skilled player. So don´t give me the usual "We want to protect you" speech, that´s just not true.
    You want us to explore our roster and make over 70% of it unuseable. Do you even hear what you are saying?
    We have already talked about our reasons behind that decision. You can find it here.
    Those reasons have been rejected and debunked by the majority of the community as weak and nonsensical.
    Which is how some of us predicted it would be received even before they posted them, because people won't accept reason when they don't want something.
    except kabam gave us points which had nothing to do with the matter
    Those were the factors around the decision. The reasons are in there. They will just be disputed ad nauseum because again, people vehemently reject any reason. They don't want the gate.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★

It was not on the Beta Server and did take place on his live account. Our Creators were not given any items or resources to use, and played this as if it was their own run through. They are also not able to go for a Legends run in Chapter 1.
    Can I ask if there will be a big boss fight much like Kang, Thanos, Maestro and Collector in this chapter? Maybe Carina?
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    AndiYTDE said:

More Act 6 Previews! Check out the latest Dork Lessons video on How to Fight No Retreat Nodes Like a Ninja! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtWY0hA568o

I must say: I´m impressed by how you keep dodging/ignoring the community. Even the people you have a partnership with!
    Answer me one simple question, without talking around the topic: Why can 5* R1-R3 enter Act 6, but equal/stronger 4* R5 champions are too weak to do that?
    Grab a snickers. It’s going to be awhile....
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    DrZola said:

AndiYTDE said:

Constructive criticism: why not ask the Content Creators to explore their rosters for the Act 6 videos they produce?

I’m reasonable. For example, I’m willing to grant them a 5/65 Psylocke for power control, maybe a 5/65 Nightcrawler for evade, a 5/65 poison immune with Fury not named Medusa or Hyperion (maybe KG?), a 5/65 Falcon for a bleed champ and a 5/65 Groot for bleed immune. No 6*’s. But that’s negotiable if you’d like to add a 6* Red Mags to the team. Not saying it can’t be done, but that would be a more relatable resource in my opinion.

Absent that, I’m not sure how watching a skilled driver rush around the track in a Ferrari is supposed to help those of us still driving Celicas, though it is fun to see.

Dr. Zola
    This right here though... good stuff
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Seatin said:

Little embarrassing you're using CCP videos to try and distract everyone and still continue to avoid addressing any actual reason why you won't allow 4 Star Champions in Act 6. We see through it.

That's uncalled for. Especially for someone who knows how the content creator program works, of course these videos have to be planned in advance and released on a schedule.

I thought long and hard about illustrating how low this is by demonstration, but I decided against it, not because it wasn't warranted, but because it was a little too easy.