**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• DangusZoneDangusZone Posts: 39
    573739 said:

Caltrops was cheap as you acknowledged so it was removed, but degen on a dex is a ok? 😂 just ask everyone for their card info.

Just wait till it's paired with stun immunity and unstoppable shenanigans so interrupts are the only playstyle. Better start lvling Ghost with hood synergy and cap iw now :😉
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

The simple answer would be because it's a progress gate. People don't have nearly as many Max Sig 5*s and 6*s as they do 4*s. Well, at least those below a certain point. The simplest way to put it would be that the 4*s would make it easier than they want it to be.

I know I should ignore you, but when do I get the chance to discuss with a Kabam employee?
    The official "answer" is that 4* champions would not be able to take on Act 6 because they are too weak. Are you seriously trying to say that 4* champs would be too OP for Act 6? Very funny
    I don't remember reading the comment that they would be too weak.
    Nor did I say they would be too OP.
    I said it would make it easier than they wanted. It's a progress gate. It's harder if you don't have what you need.
    Also, if it didn't make it easier to have 4*s, we wouldn't have 58 pages of people arguing they needed them.
    They said they wanted to, and i quote: "[...] use gates liberally, oftentimes to prevent players from having frustrating experiences in content beyond their capabilities". As far as I know, there are 3 cases in which Kabam has limited champions based on their strength: Infinity Dungeons (more on that below), Dange Rooms (here the restriction was meant to be part of the challenge) and Act 6. This esentially does mean that they want to say that 4* champions in Act 6 would lead to frustration since they are too weak. You want to deny that?
    Hang on, that's two different things. You said "The official 'answer' is that 4* champions would not be able to take on Act 6 because they are too weak." That's false: they didn't say that. They did say that allowing 4* champs in Act 6 could lead to frustration, but that doesn't mean there's anything explicitly wrong with 4* champs. Rather, that means all players are different, and for many players attempting to use 4* champs could lead to frustration.

That's not debatable, that's undeniably true. We already see this now: there's lots of players who have expressed frustration over the difficulty of Uncollected monthly events, and the logic is often words to the effect of "they are uncollected, so uncollected should be something they should be able to do." Becoming uncollected is the prerequisite for doing uncollected difficulty, but many players who can't do uncollected difficulty believe that the problem is with the content if they are uncollected, because the prerequisite was met to do it.

This thought process is completely wrong, but that doesn't mean it doesn't cause problems for the game that would be magically solved if the players who aren't ready for Uncollected were somehow barred from even attempting it. Of course, that's not practical: there's no way to know in advance if someone can or can't do it.

Kabam isn't saying you personally won't be able to do Act 6 with 4* champs. They are saying that the percentage of people who can among all players who will try is low enough to be a problem. In and of itself that isn't the justification for the progress gate, but it is a legitimate factor in favor of it.
    Those posts saying uncollected is too hard also include people saying they have rank 4 and 5 5* champs and feel it's too hard. Players claimed the Capt challenge and champion challenge were too hard too. Yet for each of those posts there were people saying they did it with 3 and 4*s. I've done several uncollected events with 3*s just for the challenge. I used a mostly 4* team for the Capt challenge. I've also dipped as low as 2* for uncollected to take out certain bosses (sometimes I regret selling my 3* Ronan) if the content is that difficult let the difficulty and skill of the player be the gate has it has in the past. If you want to use gates based off of rarity maybe announce it a little more than a week before the release of the event. While I have a roster that will probably get through this content with little issue I still feel its wrong to spring this strict of a gate on the players 1 week before the release of an event even if it is permanent content. Kabam has also stated in the past it wants players to utilize more of their roster leading to the release of the 2* arenas we have seen in the past. The is the complete opposite of utilizing more of your roster its removing 80 to 90% of many players rosters. Is it the fear that lower profiles may close the gap with the top 5% that's got people saying it's ok to gate content like this. If so why are you afraid of the competition you will face if players can do the same content as you with lower tier champs?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure that's why he refrained from it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

Seatin said:

Little embarrassing you're using CCP videos to try and distract everyone and still continue to avoid addressing any actual reason why you won't allow 4 Star Champions in Act 6. We see through it.

That's uncalled for. Especially for someone who knows how the content creator program works, of course these videos have to be planned in advance and released on a schedule.

I thought long and hard about illustrating how low this is by demonstration, but I decided against it, not because it wasn't warranted, but because it was a little too easy.
    I don´t think he´s saying that CCP videos are bad, he just wants Kabam to adress the reason why this post has 63 pages in 6 days: Why are 4* champions banned?
    I didn't accuse Seatin of saying CCP videos are bad, I'm accusing him of pretending to not be aware that these videos are coordinated with the content creators well ahead of time and with a specific release schedule, so accusing Kabam of deliberately releasing a CCP video to distract the playerbase is intellectual dishonesty of the first order.

And I don't care what anyone wants, I only respond to what they say.
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    Siliyo said:

I have saved over 100,000 5* shards in hopes of getting Aegon (released today), but also in hopes of getting more 4/55 champions for AQ and future Event Quests. Depending on how well I did, I would have been relatively confident going into Act 6. However, after 3 months of saving, I get utterly crapped on. Sure DV is good, GP & StarLord isn’t too bad and neither is Sabretooth. But everything else is TRASH. Your RNG system, Kabam, is a joke. Please reconsider how we obtain our champions. This will be especially important going forward if you’re going to enforce more champion restrictions.

I definitely feel your pain... I've tried as well not to mention how much I saved for blade and got the utmost ****. At the same time though, you did get God tier characters out of 12 so that is 25% awesome which is a much higher percentage than usual... gotta take the good with the bad... And by the way I cannot lie... I chuckled when you said gwenpool and starlord arent that bad... Did not quite understand that one...
    Dshu said:

DNA3000 said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

The simple answer would be because it's a progress gate. People don't have nearly as many Max Sig 5*s and 6*s as they do 4*s. Well, at least those below a certain point. The simplest way to put it would be that the 4*s would make it easier than they want it to be.

I know I should ignore you, but when do I get the chance to discuss with a Kabam employee?
    The official "answer" is that 4* champions would not be able to take on Act 6 because they are too weak. Are you seriously trying to say that 4* champs would be too OP for Act 6? Very funny
    I don't remember reading the comment that they would be too weak.
    Nor did I say they would be too OP.
    I said it would make it easier than they wanted. It's a progress gate. It's harder if you don't have what you need.
    Also, if it didn't make it easier to have 4*s, we wouldn't have 58 pages of people arguing they needed them.
    They said they wanted to, and i quote: "[...] use gates liberally, oftentimes to prevent players from having frustrating experiences in content beyond their capabilities". As far as I know, there are 3 cases in which Kabam has limited champions based on their strength: Infinity Dungeons (more on that below), Dange Rooms (here the restriction was meant to be part of the challenge) and Act 6. This esentially does mean that they want to say that 4* champions in Act 6 would lead to frustration since they are too weak. You want to deny that?
    Hang on, that's two different things. You said "The official 'answer' is that 4* champions would not be able to take on Act 6 because they are too weak." That's false: they didn't say that. They did say that allowing 4* champs in Act 6 could lead to frustration, but that doesn't mean there's anything explicitly wrong with 4* champs. Rather, that means all players are different, and for many players attempting to use 4* champs could lead to frustration.

That's not debatable, that's undeniably true. We already see this now: there's lots of players who have expressed frustration over the difficulty of Uncollected monthly events, and the logic is often words to the effect of "they are uncollected, so uncollected should be something they should be able to do." Becoming uncollected is the prerequisite for doing uncollected difficulty, but many players who can't do uncollected difficulty believe that the problem is with the content if they are uncollected, because the prerequisite was met to do it.

This thought process is completely wrong, but that doesn't mean it doesn't cause problems for the game that would be magically solved if the players who aren't ready for Uncollected were somehow barred from even attempting it. Of course, that's not practical: there's no way to know in advance if someone can or can't do it.

Kabam isn't saying you personally won't be able to do Act 6 with 4* champs. They are saying that the percentage of people who can among all players who will try is low enough to be a problem. In and of itself that isn't the justification for the progress gate, but it is a legitimate factor in favor of it.
    Those posts saying uncollected is too hard also include people saying they have rank 4 and 5 5* champs and feel it's too hard. Players claimed the Capt challenge and champion challenge were too hard too. Yet for each of those posts there were people saying they did it with 3 and 4*s.
    Yes, that's correct. That's specifically what I said, so we're in agreement here.
    Dshu said:

if the content is that difficult let the difficulty and skill of the player be the gate has it has in the past.

So we also agree that difficult content can block the progress of a player, even in content they have the prerequisites to attempt.

Where we apparently disagree is whether a game developer has the right to ameliorate that situation in extreme cases by adding roster prerequisites. I believe they do, and I think the vast overwhelming majority of game developers also do, based on their analogous behavior. You want them to be forced to only do what they've done in the past, and you believe that twitch skill should be the only kind of game play that is progress-gate worthy. I fundamentally disagree with that.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

Seatin said:

Little embarrassing you're using CCP videos to try and distract everyone and still continue to avoid addressing any actual reason why you won't allow 4 Star Champions in Act 6. We see through it.

That's uncalled for. Especially for someone who knows how the content creator program works, of course these videos have to be planned in advance and released on a schedule.

I thought long and hard about illustrating how low this is by demonstration, but I decided against it, not because it wasn't warranted, but because it was a little too easy.
    I don´t think he´s saying that CCP videos are bad, he just wants Kabam to adress the reason why this post has 63 pages in 6 days: Why are 4* champions banned?
    I didn't accuse Seatin of saying CCP videos are bad, I'm accusing him of pretending to not be aware that these videos are coordinated with the content creators well ahead of time and with a specific release schedule, so accusing Kabam of deliberately releasing a CCP video to distract the playerbase is intellectual dishonesty of the first order.

Well ahead of time... You mean, like 5 days? Because that´s when they have decided to give them Early Acces, just one day after the initial announcement. That´s not "well ahead of time". They are doing everything to distract the community from the main topic, you are too blind to see that (pun intended)
    What’s the pun?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

Seatin said:

Well ahead of time... You mean, like 5 days? Because that´s when they have decided to give them Early Acces, just one day after the initial announcement. That´s not "well ahead of time". They are doing everything to distract the community from the main topic, you are too blind to see that (pun intended)
    What’s the pun?
    Lol I thought the same thing
    @DNA3000

Where we apparently disagree is whether a game developer has the right to ameliorate that situation in extreme cases by adding roster prerequisites. I believe they do, and I think the vast overwhelming majority of game developers also do, based on their analogous behavior. You want them to be forced to only do what they've done in the past, and you believe that twitch skill should be the only kind of game play that is progress-gate worthy. I fundamentally disagree with that.

Actually I'm in disagreement on this gate for 2 reasons
    A- the one week notice about the 4* ban. It's a very restrictive ban from a game team saying they want to encourage people to use more of their rosters yet removing 80 to 90% of a lot of players rosters at the same time. Developers want to add a hard gate like this I'm fine with it but be up front about it and let the player base know well in advance. If they want this gate it should have been added for 6.2.
    B- kabam has been selling 4* offers for rankup and awakening of champs while saying to the community 4*s are still a very relevant part of the game and will remain so for some time. This to me is a flashback to pre 12.0 when they released the awakening offer and rankup offer knowing they were going to nerf the champs 1 month later.

I would be siding with you on the gate had notice been given to the player base a reasonable amount of time before the act 6 release date. I could have even excepted it a month ago when they started sending out the cryptic messages ingame. I will continue to side with the majority on this forum thread though because I believe how this gate was put in place was wrong. Move it to 6.2 and move the cavalier title as well if you want to but kabam should do something to show the players they are willing to compromise and this wasn't a giant money grab leading up to this.
  • Banning 4* is beyond senses to understand. 4* r5 is almost similar to 5* r3 and for rank four u needed tier two alpha, which is rare to get. Why not make quest so tough to force us for 5* , rather than leaving us with no choice.
    AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

Seatin said:

The original announcement was on March 6. The announcement that content creators were granted early access to the content was on March 7. That means the decision to grant early access must have occurred before the announcement was posted, because they would have been asking content creators to opt-in on March 6 at the latest, and must have made the decision and set things in motion no later than March 5, if not significantly earlier.

Unless you think that Kabam saw the thread blow up, decide to scramble up an early access preview, made the game changes necessary to do that, contact the content creators, and gotten opt-in replys all within less than one day. Kabam couldn't move that quickly if the building was on fire.
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    DNA3000 said:

AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

Seatin said:

The original announcement was on March 6. The announcement that content creators were granted early access to the content was on March 7. That means the decision to grant early access must have occurred before the announcement was posted, because they would have been asking content creators to opt-in on March 6 at the latest, and must have made the decision and set things in motion no later than March 5, if not significantly earlier.

Unless you think that Kabam saw the thread blow up, decide to scramble up an early access preview, made the game changes necessary to do that, contact the content creators, and gotten opt-in replys all within less than one day. Kabam couldn't move that quickly if the building was on fire.
    Actually it's not that hard... and they get paid handsomely for it... it's called their jobs...
    Dshu said:

We can talk about what your objections to the gate are separately, but I was specifically referring to the posts in question. Of course none of my statements would apply to your position on the gate, because they were replying to a statement you made about the announcement, not the gate itself.
  • Bill0927Bill0927 Posts: 39
    Wow kabam after banning 4* you put a korg in 6-1-1 cause so many people have a 5/6* counter to his damage back well done kabam well done
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Roboct1 said:

TheVyrus said:

I think the issue is that players take this too seriously. Kabam created a GAME. It was not created to be a lifestyle, while some choose to make it one, that was not the point. As people continue to figure out ways to beat the content Kabam needs to figure out how to make it more challenging.

Yes, Kabam does need to figure out how to make more and more challenging content, but that shouldn't include restricting players from using lower tiered forms of their favorite characters. By restricting the characters allowed, all Kabam is doing is actively punishing the skilled free-to-play players that could beat Act 6 with only 4-stars. Shouldn't skill be more important in a "GAME" than how much cash you can drop? Especially considering the drop chance of a 5-star out of a grandmaster crystal is only 3% it should be very clear that Kabam is just trying to milk us dry.
    TheVyrus said:

Personally I think it is great business for Kabam and a great opportunity for players. Kabam increases revenue with new and challenging content and players get to spread their wings and learn how to use new champs that You Tubers tell t hem they shouldn't use or upgrade.

Well, it is definitely great business for Kabam, but I'll let you be the first one to rank up your 5-star Colossus since you seem to be into that sorta thing.

Thanks Vyrus, very cool.
    I don't have a 5* Cyclops unfortunately, in fact the only 5* I have that anyone would say is good in Killmonger, but I don't care what people tell me about champions. I decide on my own which ones I like to use and have fun playing the game. Life is too short to get worked up over this kind of thing. I am sorry I don't feel the same way you do, but that is how it goes.
    edited March 2019
    TheKiryu said:

Ok so.

Just quickly popping in here to share a few things.

1- 4* ban is cheap and nasty as hell, a sleazy back handed slap in the face of we’ll all summoners not just the mid tier players.
    2 - nodes you have showed to be in act 6 so far are fairly specific and less we forget there are path nodes + global + many of newer champions require specific matchups - that filters out 95%+ champions in game - like let’s say caustic temper - need poision immune with fury - realistically people only have ranked up medusa and or hype or
    Maybe ghost that can deal with that - narrowing it down to 3-4 champions in game that are not absolute trash for all other scenarios - it is stupid as hell if only 5* or 6* are allowed as statistically it is likely many summoners don’t have any of those.
    3 - preview of 1.1 means absolutely squat when it comes to rest of the content (can’t compare 5.2.1 to 5.2.6 in difficulty)

On my channel I posted few ideas how to rectify this for Kabam,

Main one - release in game * boost* that increases 4* champion level by 1 for set amount of time - sprinkle them throughout 6.1 and perhaps store (for some gold and with daily limit )

And this whole issue goes away - 4* still banned but if we really need some utility of synergy champions we have acces to them.

End of story.

Laters

https://youtu.be/9XCo1PDcs-A

1. It's not a slap in the face to all Summoners. It's a degree of challenge, one that shouldn't even pertain to mid-level Players yet. It affects everyone who hasn't done it, of course. Everyone is free to discuss it. However, it's certainly not a slap in the face to them. Quite contrary. They're getting a head start before they get there.
    2. There are most likely a number of options, which is one of the purposes of releasing content to the CCs, so they can explore it and share their ideas and thoughts on how to get through it. It may however, require people to explore Champs not commonly used. That's not a bad thing. It's very limiting to play one way ad infinitum.
    3. It pertains to 6.1. The rest of the Chapter is nowhere near ready to be released.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike has the team thought about reintroducing feature crystals with a 20% chance at one specific champ? I think if we could save for a much higher chance at a specific 5*, most player would be happier. We don’t mind the ones featuring 6 new champs, but a 20% of older and more coveted champs would be nice.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

TheKiryu said:

Ok so.

1- 4* ban is cheap and nasty as hell, a sleazy back handed slap in the face of we’ll all summoners not just the mid tier players.
    2 - nodes you have showed to be in act 6 so far are fairly specific and less we forget there are path nodes + global + many of newer champions require specific matchups - that filters out 95%+ champions in game - like let’s say caustic temper - need poision immune with fury - realistically people only have ranked up medusa and or hype or
    Maybe ghost that can deal with that - narrowing it down to 3-4 champions in game that are not absolute trash for all other scenarios - it is stupid as hell if only 5* or 6* are allowed as statistically it is likely many summoners don’t have any of those.
    3 - preview of 1.1 means absolutely squat when it comes to rest of the content (can’t compare 5.2.1 to 5.2.6 in difficulty)

Main one - release in game * boost* that increases 4* champion level by 1 for set amount of time - sprinkle them throughout 6.1 and perhaps store (for some gold and with daily limit )

And this whole issue goes away - 4* still banned but if we really need some utility of synergy champions we have acces to them.

End of story.

Laters

1. It's not a slap in the face to all Summoners. It's a degree of challenge, one that shouldn't even pertain to mid-level Players yet. It affects everyone who hasn't done it, of course. Everyone is free to discuss it. However, it's certainly not a slap in the face to them. Quite contrary. They're getting a head start before they get there.
    2. There are most likely a number of options, which is one of the purposes of releasing content to the CCs, so they can explore it and share their ideas and thoughts on how to get through it. It may however, require people to explore Champs not commonly used. That's not a bad thing. It's very limiting to play one way ad infinitum.
    3. It pertains to 6.1. The rest of the Chapter is nowhere near ready to be released.
    Just saying some of the fights definitely require specific counters such as a cable fight in 6:1:1
    DNA3000 said:

Dshu said:

We can talk about what your objections to the gate are separately, but I was specifically referring to the posts in question. Of course none of my statements would apply to your position on the gate, because they were replying to a statement you made about the announcement, not the gate itself.
    If you are referring to the posts I covered that. Those players aren't limited by champ ratings because there are some complaints about difficulty from people saying they have rank 4 and 5 5*s. If you want to use the argument that developers are trying to prevent disappointment with this gate it wont because it still requires skill even with strong champs.
    You then said I was telling developers they cant create gates. I believe I covered that in my previous post. Gates are fine but the way this gate was given to the community was not
    Kobster84 said:

TheKiryu said:

Ok so.

End of story.

Laters

Just saying some of the fights definitely require specific counters such as a cable fight in 6:1:1
    Kobster84 said:

TheKiryu said:

Ok so.

End of story.

Laters

Kobster84 said:

TheKiryu said:

Ok so.

End of story.

Laters

There are BEST options, that's pretty much the same as any content. There are always other options.
    Not sure why that quoted 3 times. Sorry about that.

Not sure why that quoted 3 times. Sorry about that.

There is an edit button you can change it when that happens
    Vincew80 said:

TheKiryu said:

Ok so.

End of story.

Laters

1. It's not a slap in the face to all Summoners. It's a degree of challenge, one that shouldn't even pertain to mid-level Players yet.
    We can probably all agree with you on that point. It also means it shouldn’t even pertain to you either but you still chime in on things that are well past what you’re actually working on & should be worried about.
    This is a discussion. There are no progress gates to the Forum.