**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Conversion badge now free?

So what about those of us that paid actual money for the badges? Will there be some sort of compensation for us?

Comments

• Wasn’t it free before ? Or was it free only at a higher level ? Don’t recall ever purchasing it, but the Donations screen always had potential to mis-apply Units if I weren’t watching which row I was filling in.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Messa72 said:

So what about those of us that paid actual money for the badges? Will there be some sort of compensation for us?

No. And I don't need one either.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Wasn’t it free before ? Or was it free only at a higher level ? Don’t recall ever purchasing it, but the Donations screen always had potential to mis-apply Units if I weren’t watching which row I was filling in.

It's been a gazillion years ago, but I believe the conversion badge came in a similar way as the gifting badge: you buy a certain unit offer or higher (and it generally had to be the normal offer, not any of the bonus offers) and you got the badge. I don't recall if the gifting badge and the conversion badge came in the same offers, or if one was contained in a lower tier than the other.
  • Could be, got my Gifting badge way way back, and don’t think I have purchased anything since the Conversion badges came out (so maybe grandfathered into the Gifting badge)
  • ..and if that’s the case that they were included within a Units package, then as to OP you really didn’t buy the Conversion badge, you bought a Units pack which they were tossing in the Conversion badge. If you want money back, you should have to give back any units, shards, etc that were also included, as well as any heroes that you applied any of that to, or revert to unexplored content (and give back rewards) from using Units to buy revives/Heals to defeat higher content, etc. Basically, “let’s reset your account back to it's state at the time you “bought” the Conversion badge”. (sorry, rant for the night with game in Maintenance, lol)
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

..and if that’s the case that they were included within a Units package, then as to OP you really didn’t buy the Conversion badge, you bought a Units pack which they were tossing in the Conversion badge. If you want money back, you should have to give back any units, shards, etc that were also included, as well as any heroes that you applied any of that to, or revert to unexplored content (and give back rewards) from using Units to buy revives/Heals to defeat higher content, etc. Basically, “let’s reset your account back to it's state at the time you “bought” the Conversion badge”. (sorry, rant for the night with game in Maintenance, lol)

i agree to a point.
    but./
    i have no doubt there are some that only bought the units for the badge.

i bought it on my alt account for the pure purpose of gifting items to myself and ally mates.
    so this conversion badge is a non-issue but if the gifting badge was ever given for free it would kinda sting.

but at the same time not so much cus i bought it ages ago.
    however if someone bought it only yesterday i understand why they may be peeved off.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

MaatMan said:

..and if that’s the case that they were included within a Units package, then as to OP you really didn’t buy the Conversion badge, you bought a Units pack which they were tossing in the Conversion badge. If you want money back, you should have to give back any units, shards, etc that were also included, as well as any heroes that you applied any of that to, or revert to unexplored content (and give back rewards) from using Units to buy revives/Heals to defeat higher content, etc. Basically, “let’s reset your account back to it's state at the time you “bought” the Conversion badge”. (sorry, rant for the night with game in Maintenance, lol)

i agree to a point.
    but./
    i have no doubt there are some that only bought the units for the badge.

i bought it on my alt account for the pure purpose of gifting items to myself and ally mates.
    so this conversion badge is a non-issue but if the gifting badge was ever given for free it would kinda sting.

but at the same time not so much cus i bought it ages ago.
    however if someone bought it only yesterday i understand why they may be peeved off.
    To my understanding only the conversion badge is free now right? Ponders I guess I could check I have an alt with no purchases made
    yes it is.
    which is why i said "IF THE GIFTING BADGE WAS EVER MADE FREE"
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    and you can get like 3 more gold and battle chips with units than before. It’s awesome.

Pardon me kabam, it’s me Oliver Twist, can I have some more please.