**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gather Intel in Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives

Comments

• ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 562 ★★★

I just hope it's not a Sinister with monster regen ability... or insane node of some sort.

Well, Mr Sinister is the boss for sure so you know it's gonna be something like that.
    Week 3 boss Kingpin should be easy enough
    Week 4 will be Nick Fury himself, but with EQ going on we should be used to him.
  • SlappapowSlappapow Posts: 130
    Week 2 starts on Wednsday?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Is week 2 available? If so I'm excited to see it and try it out.

DrZola said:

A 4* awakened SW teamed with Vision (crit rate) and CAIW (energy damage when nullifying buffs) can be a great answer to Ultron.

Also awakened 4* Thor for sheer damage output; similarly, 4* awakened Hulk. I’m sure there are others that aren’t 5*’s, but those jump immediately to mind.

Dr. Zola

Don't forget Starlord. Keep that hit streak alive and Ultron can proc all the Arc Overload he wants but will only delay the inevitable.
    So Starlord is a good counter for ultron. Nice I will try him in Master and see if I can at least get completion for Master mode which will be my first as I've had trouble with Master content with my current roster.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★

Any idea on how difficulty is placed? Will it be similar till the end or ramp up every week? Present one is too easy lol :D

GP event stayed the same. My guess is the difficulty will be the same throughout.
    Gp event was much easier and they gave you the champs for free.. Plus you only had to use one of those champs and you could bring anyone else i think this is a whole new ball game
  • RyanwhalesRyanwhales Posts: 60
    Great job! I love money! And i want to keep my money! Im a f2p! I actually am free to play, but i love "their" game. It does screw me up on crystals though.
  • RyanwhalesRyanwhales Posts: 60

It's like summoners are Deadpool during the Skrull invasion getting intel for Fury in Daniel Way's run! lol love it
    Let's just hope Osborn doesn't come & steal the intel.. or let's..

He better not. I will die if he does.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Any idea on how difficulty is placed? Will it be similar till the end or ramp up every week? Present one is too easy lol :D

GP event stayed the same. My guess is the difficulty will be the same throughout.
    Gp event was much easier and they gave you the champs for free.. Plus you only had to use one of those champs and you could bring anyone else i think this is a whole new ball game
    They said it will be harder, and it is. But it's the same style quest. Some days may be more difficult if you don't have the champs but I'd be very surprised if the fights get progressively harder.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Has the beginner Intel mission been fixed?
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Siliyo said:

It was zero energy when I did it last week.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    CFree said:

Siliyo said:

It was zero energy when I did it last week.
    Thanks for letting me know!
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    “Week three is gonna be horrible!”

Oh hi, meet my venom and my symbiote supreme
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Oh... I wish Cap WWII would be included as an Avenger. He is in the MCU after all the first Avenger. :)
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

Oh... I wish Cap WWII would be included as an Avenger. He is in the MCU after all the first Avenger. :)

oh yes... but the avengers were not around.... he is only refered to as the first avenger however that movie is the origin story of the Man that will become 'The First Avenger" he is not an avenger in that time period.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    So I assuming week 2 is out today at 5 or 6pm I know act 6 is coming today also
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    edited March 2019
    MaatMan said:

oh yes... but the avengers were not around.... he is only refered to as the first avenger however that movie is the origin story of the Man that will become 'The First Avenger" he is not an avenger in that time period.
    I was hoping for no particular reason... :wink:
    ...other than that I happen to have him maxed out as a 4 star since way back, and not the other version of him. lol
    And he's basically the same as "normal" cap America in almost every regard, except his looks here in MCOC, and after being frozen in ice a while he will eventually become the first Avenger.
    Scarlett_ said:

So I assuming week 2 is out today at 5 or 6pm I know act 6 is coming today also

I believe it will be out at 10:00 AM PST as the first week came out at that time. Then just plug that time into your time zone.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    So will there be a new week of intel calendar or was the one week all she wrote?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    This week is pretty decent for me for completion, but I can’t get past the sentinel for completion. Any tips? My only usable champs for this event are all mutants
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

This week is pretty decent for me for completion, but I can’t get past the sentinel for completion. Any tips? My only usable champs for this event are all mutants

I used Magik. Didn't even attempt using a mutant.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★

I used Magik. Didn't even attempt using a mutant.
    I guess I won’t be doing completion anytime soon. I guess it’s fine. I just got uncollected about a month ago, so epic completion is actually pretty good for me. Did it all with 4* champs too, Kabam. I’m sure better players than me can do act 6 without 5* champs

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    @Fred_Joeity I did last week's Epic quest with 4* champs (starlord and Scarlet Witch).

Even this week used my 4* AA to take down Sinister.

Next week will be tricky because I only have a select few Spiderverse champs (and the ranked up ones are 4*)
  • VernVern Posts: 50
    Is there a reason why Beginner for Chapter 2 costs energy now, as opposed to 0 in Chapter 1? I’m not gonna lie, it did help with Combat solo events and if that was the reason, I guess logically it’ll be the right thing to stop going forward.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    VERNVARIN said:

Is there a reason why Beginner for Chapter 2 costs energy now, as opposed to 0 in Chapter 1? I’m not gonna lie, it did help with Combat solo events and if that was the reason, I guess logically it’ll be the right thing to stop going forward.

It was always supposed to cost energy, but the map was too big in week one so they made it zero energy just for that week
  • VernVern Posts: 50
    Snizzbar said:

VERNVARIN said:

It was always supposed to cost energy, but the map was too big in week one so they made it zero energy just for that week
    Ah! Thanks for clarifying, should’ve searched beforehand but found the thread, https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126496/nick-furys-recon-initiatives-beginner-quest-1-changing-to-0-energy#latest

If it’s worth anything, it’s a good farm to grind combat and hero use events, found it satisfying to grind for a 10% boost within an hour!
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★

MaatMan said:

I was hoping for no particular reason... :wink:
    ...other than that I happen to have him maxed out as a 4 star since way back, and not the other version of him. lol
    And he's basically the same as "normal" cap America in almost every regard, except his looks here in MCOC, and after being frozen in ice a while he will eventually become the first Avenger.
    The new look captain is not in the avengers, he is at the point a vigilante , I do like him but he is according to the movies he is not an avenger
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

Same bruv, all mutants, all 2/35 and 4/40s.
    No domino no magik.
    Any tips, anyone?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Belfigor said:

should have a potion so i can turn my medusa to mutant for 20min
    plz add :o
    they added sentinel there and then set parameters to disallow sentinel killers, such a cash grab

I had to plow through with Storm. Thank God for Danger Rooms. Got the experience there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You can also use X-23 if you need to. The Cruelty comes in handy. It's going to be a tough Fight either way you look at it. His AI is pretty aggro.