**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why was Rocket's "stunned" animation changed...again?

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
I've been meaning to post this since I noticed it last month. When the February update rolled out, I noticed a subtle change to Rocket Raccoon. Specifically, his stun animation has been changed.

Actually, this makes the 2nd time I can recall that his animation was changed. When I first started playing and you stunned Rocket, his head would droop down, nose pointed toward his feet. Then there was an update sometime in 2014 or 2015 where they changed it without notice. After that, when you stunned him, he'd throw his head back, nose pointing straight up. It was like that for a few years.

Now since the February update when you stun Rocket, he has a dazed look and looks basically right at the player.

Why was this specific animation changed a second time? Also, did anyone else notice?

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    I wish they would just tell us all the changes with each update or maintenance and let us decide if it's important or not.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    edited March 2019
    I think they do so many changes each time, it might clutter up the changelog post without them being very “exciting to announce”? -

Like this update, I noticed that as an officer they made viewing a profile of a member in your alliance a lot less risky to do without kicking them out by moving it down a full space.

Didn’t see this in the changelog anywhere.
  • 57R34K_the_MERC57R34K_the_MERC Posts: 23

I wish they would just tell us all the changes with each update or maintenance and let us decide if it's important or not.

I agree 100%. I want to know every change. Visual changes like this can easily throw you off midfight and cause an unnecessary death.

I think they do so many changes each time, it might clutter up the changelog post without them being very “exciting to announce”? -

Like this update, I noticed that as an officer they made viewing a profile of a member in your alliance a lot less risky to do without kicking them out by moving it down a full space.

Let the changelog be long. I'd rather it be long than woefully incomplete. It's a changelog, not a sizzle reel, who cares if it's long with minutiae?
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255

Let the changelog be long. I'd rather it be long than woefully incomplete. It's a changelog, not a sizzle reel, who cares if it's long with minutiae?
    Woefully incomplete? Haha

Woefully incomplete? Haha
    I said what I said. B)
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    The community is beginning to care about the weirdest things lol