**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Increased act 1-4 rewards [Merged Threads]

Comments

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

The game was easier then. We didn't even have the same system they're using.

WRONG.

Just look at Realm of Legends as a sample ..

back then, it was RARE than anyone completed it .. in fact, I recall Kabam mentioning at the time "we didn't think anyone would be able to, it was sort of a joke, really" ..LOL
    Now, everyone's completing it .. and fairly easily as well ...

So ... no ... it wasn't easier then ... same content in the story Acts 1 - 3 then vs now ..
    different, more powerful champs (ala Power Creep), now ... and more readily available 4* and 5* ..

ergo, "easier now" ...
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★

John757 said:

So will uncollected get the rewards?

No, this information was incorrect, which is why it was deleted. Sorry for the confusion there.
    Can you at least tell us if there is any chance of us getting these rewards? Transparency would be nice
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Why not just not increase rewards then so everyone gets the same ones......Just my idea
  • Zuko_ILC said:

Why not just not increase rewards then so everyone gets the same ones......Just my idea

That wouldn't work. If you've already finished the Content, you can't do it again.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    kmbell81 said:

Hey All,

I understand the concern here, and it was a long conversation I had with team in regards to this. Unfortunately, what it came down to was that it was not possible to award all of these items reliably to Summoners that had beaten the content more than 3 months ago.

We did this once in the past when we updated Act 3 and 4 rewards, and it was not reliable, with some Players not getting their rewards, and others getting them twice.

We made these changes to rewards to help newer players adjust and move forward quicker. In the time that has passed since most Summoners have conquered this Content, they have gotten many more resources of this caliber. This is to help those that are just starting catch up.

If you cannot give these rewards to the older players you should not be giving them to the newer players either.
    I don't say this lightly, but I personally think the game would be better off if everyone who thought this way found another hobby. The long term health of the game depends on reward inflation, and that sometimes means newer players will have opportunities older ones didn't at the time they started. Anyone who thinks this is unacceptably unfair needs to find a non-progressional game that doesn't existentially rely on this. A certain amount of fairness in the reward system is necessary. But temporal opportunity isn't one of those areas.

There are lots of games I've played where adjustments to the rewards of permanent content were adjusted, and generally speaking older players who did it in the distant past didn't automatically get those rewards. Doing so defeats the purpose of reward inflation. I've also seen cases where those rewards were retroactively awarded for a short period of time, generally back between 30 and 60 days or so, usually as a compromise measure to avoid having to provide advance notice to a game change that obviously would be tricky to announce in advance of the change. This all seems entirely ordinary to me.

As a veteran player you can choose to see better opportunities for newer players as a sign the game continues to try to attract newer players and slowly improve gameplay over time, and consider the advantage you have over them to be the much longer period of time you've had to build up stronger rosters and resources. Or you can choose to see better opportunities for newer players as a sign of unfairness, that as a veteran you deserve at least as much if not more than newer players. You can see the time you spent with the game as something that should permanently provide an advantage over all newer players: you get what they get, you get what they don't get, and you get what they never could get. As a veteran player, I vote the former, because its the option that helps the game rather than hurts it.
    I just want the revives and gold tbh 😣
  • pd187pd187 Posts: 26

Zuko_ILC said:

That wouldn't work. If you've already finished the Content, you can't do it again.
    Couldn't it be something where there's a flag/trigger where if someone who has already 100%ed the content does 1 quest in the Act, e.g. beat the boss one more time, then it checks their completion percentage (which would still be 100%) and then gives them the missing/updated rewards that way then changes the flag/trigger to "they already have it" so don't give it out again?
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★

How is it entitlement? We completed the exact same content. At a time when it was harder to do so. Due to someone not wanting to make an extra effort, they are only going back 3 months to reward that? I don’t care if it was a t3 basic catalyst.... I earned it, if they deemed it worthy of rewarding with that content.

I mean people are basically complaining that newer players are granted better rewards than the previous story acts letting them get an advantage so they can progress a bit quicker while players who have already completed the story acts can get the new rewards much quicker then them.
    You're still overall gonna progress much much quicker than the players that are able to get the new rewards
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Zuko_ILC said:

Sorry I worded that poorly, I meant to say Don't increase the rewards at all and leave them as is. For me this doesn't really matter, increase in rewards probably aren't enough to care about but other are obviously angry.
  • Rooney_NationRooney_Nation Posts: 65

Hey All,

I understand the concern here, and it was a long conversation I had with team in regards to this. Unfortunately, what it came down to was that it was not possible to award all of these items reliably to Summoners that had beaten the content more than 3 months ago.

We did this once in the past when we updated Act 3 and 4 rewards, and it was not reliable, with some Players not getting their rewards, and others getting them twice.

We made these changes to rewards to help newer players adjust and move forward quicker. In the time that has passed since most Summoners have conquered this Content, they have gotten many more resources of this caliber. This is to help those that are just starting catch up.

This is ridiculous! Anyone that beat act 4 prior to the 12.0 update beat a harder act 4. So much was nerfed from that act, with the same rewards. Does anyone remember the juggernaut with caltrops, or the venom boss, or the quests that had caltrops, and spiked armor... for the entire quest. I brought this up before and was ignored by kabam. Now, they reward those even further for completing easier content?!? This is an absolute joke. Thanks for the slap in the face. Everyone deserves these extra rewards, especially since act 6 is so limiting. This could help a lot of us that aren’t whales, but have been waiting for this content since completing 5. Not all of us have loads of r4 5*, or a hugely diverse roster, but these could go a long ways to help. Your answer as to why is a cop-out.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

Hey all, got more Information on the intent here:

The rewards are being updated to the current level of progression of the game. At the time that many people here completed this content, the rewards they contained were very valuable for the Champions and Roster that you could get at the time. 4-Stars were rare, and for some of you, 5-Stars didn't even exist yet.

This is no longer the case, and the rewards that they contained no longer help Summoners progress in the way that it did when we completed them. Many of us got our first 4-Star Champion from mastering Act 3. With the addition of lots of new content, this is not the case for many new Summoners, and the rewards they gain from this content need to help them progress their current roster.

While we wish it was possible for us to give these rewards to all players that have passed this progression point long ago, it is not possible. We wanted to give a short buffer for those that just completed this content, as they would have been most affected. We stretched this out as far as we could in a range where we still felt safe.

We do understand the frustration for those outside this window, but hope you now understand the reasoning behind these changes.

So If i shoot a video of my Story Quest showing that I've completed 1-4 100% and then send in a ticket, what are my chances of being sent the package?
    DukeZman said:

The rewards are being updated to the current level of progression of the game. At the time that many people here completed this content, the rewards they contained were very valuable for the Champions and Roster that you could get at the time. 4-Stars were rare, and for some of you, 5-Stars didn't even exist yet.

This is no longer the case, and the rewards that they contained no longer help Summoners progress in the way that it did when we completed them. Many of us got our first 4-Star Champion from mastering Act 3. With the addition of lots of new content, this is not the case for many new Summoners, and the rewards they gain from this content need to help them progress their current roster.

While we wish it was possible for us to give these rewards to all players that have passed this progression point long ago, it is not possible. We wanted to give a short buffer for those that just completed this content, as they would have been most affected. We stretched this out as far as we could in a range where we still felt safe.

We do understand the frustration for those outside this window, but hope you now understand the reasoning behind these changes.

So If i shoot a video of my Story Quest showing that I've completed 1-4 100% and then send in a ticket, what are my chances of being sent the package?
    You won't get anything lmao
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    DukeZman said:

Probably not good, Support doesn't likely have the ability, and the retroactive 3-month window will probably be done manually.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

DukeZman said:

Probably not good, Support doesn't likely have the ability, and the retroactive 3-month window will probably be done manually.
    It seems like the limiting factor as to why older players don't get the stuff is they can't reliably prove it's been done or not. So you'd think that giving proof would then remove that gate... But maybe i'm expecting too much here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    DukeZman said:

DukeZman said:

It seems like the limiting factor as to why older players don't get the stuff is they can't reliably prove it's been done or not. So you'd think that giving proof would then remove that gate... But maybe i'm expecting too much here.
    I just mean in terms of what Support is typically capable and authorized to do, this doesn't seem that it will be under their radar.
This discussion has been closed.