**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Add a K/D to everyone's profile

Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
As someone in a pretty top tier alliance, we focus heavily on prestige (not happy about it but that's the game Kabam has created). I HATE getting that 500k monster PI player who can't do one lane in map 6. I think a Kill/Death ratio should be added to everyone's profile so we can filter out our recruitment this way. I know a lot of people would like this.

Comments

• Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    And obviously it would have parameters built in to negate people inflating it by beating 2* all the time
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    thats what AQ points are for, get them to send you screenshots of their last few AQ

if they send you screen shots with high scores then cant complete a lane they most likely bought their account and cant play
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    As someone in a pretty top tier alliance, we focus heavily on prestige (not happy about it but that's the game Kabam has created). I HATE getting that 500k monster PI player who can't do one lane in map 6. I think a Kill/Death ratio should be added to everyone's profile so we can filter out our recruitment this way. I know a lot of people would like this.

This is a great idea
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    There'd be problems with that system, people who play lots of arena will have so many wins any AW or AQ loss will be unnoticeable in any kill/death ratio. Even if it was just AW and AW there would be problems if a surprising defender in war like a 5/50 abomination and 1 person has to clear it but doesn't have any poison immune he would have to throw champions at it and rack up quite a death count. Kill/death 80% of the time would be accurate and good when recruiting player there'd be situations where it is unfair to the player so I think just being super careful when recruiting with the current system is still the best way to go. If you run map 6 make recruitment strict to people who have 5/50 champions that can for sure counter lanes and have done an initial clear of LOL. Since the nerf to LOL many more skilled players have completed since you can do it with a much wider variety of champions now
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    thats what AQ points are for, get them to send you screenshots of their last few AQ

if they send you screen shots with high scores then cant complete a lane they most likely bought their account and cant play

Pain in the ass plus we have had some who just had their "lucky" days saved. Or didn't show that they used all 15 items to get the points. A scaled K/D would be WAY better.
    Sungj wrote: »
    There'd be problems with that system, people who play lots of arena will have so many wins any AW or AQ loss will be unnoticeable in any kill/death ratio. Even if it was just AW and AW there would be problems if a surprising defender in war like a 5/50 abomination and 1 person has to clear it but doesn't have any poison immune he would have to throw champions at it and rack up quite a death count. Kill/death 80% of the time would be accurate and good when recruiting player there'd be situations where it is unfair to the player so I think just being super careful when recruiting with the current system is still the best way to go. If you run map 6 make recruitment strict to people who have 5/50 champions that can for sure counter lanes and have done an initial clear of LOL. Since the nerf to LOL many more skilled players have completed since you can do it with a much wider variety of champions now

I see your point. It's not meant to be a cure-all metric but even so, I think the scaled k/D would work fine. Kabam could also make a K/D specific to AQ or something too.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Good idea. It would probably add tons of lag but I'd like that as well. Break it out by game modes, and segment it by AQ maps (similar to duel stats) and have an overall for AW and quests.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Ot wil be Noce But stil not a good ides Becasse then all just say he is bad and be alon forever. Thah why im dont wont it. Becasse it wil be to negativ.
    Good idea. It would probably add tons of lag but I'd like that as well. Break it out by game modes, and segment it by AQ maps (similar to duel stats) and have an overall for AW and quests.
    Yeah exactly, I get the concern for arena inflation. I would be happy with just an AQ one. AW would be a little difficult I imagine with tiers and bad matchups but AQ is pretty consistent and easily adjustable based on prestige.
    Gamer wrote: »
    Ot wil be Noce But stil not a good ides Becasse then all just say he is bad and be alon forever. Thah why im dont wont it. Becasse it wil be to negativ.

A K/D would be an evolving stat so when they get better it will improve. It will show when someone is actually ready for 5k+ prestige day 2+ map 6, etc.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

A K/D would be an evolving stat so when they get better it will improve. It will show when someone is actually ready for 5k+ prestige day 2+ map 6, etc.
    it just my mind. Not hates for ides. Ikow im not ryd for map6. Etiher Way

Noobeeus wrote: »

The other problem with this is a I still have to bring them on for an round and risk then being one of those that bought their account
  • This is a good idea, I just see a problem being if someone is loses all of their champs to a boss or miniboss in AQ and that will rack up lots of deaths
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    if they just added K/D ratio to the profile, they could easily donit for aq and/or war only and exclude other areas on the game.

this is actually a pretty cool idea
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Just scrap the duel stat anyways, they're useless. I could beat 100 5* at rank 1 or 2 and what does that prove? I like the k/d stat better. Maybe you can make it similar to the AW contribution percentage, the higher the percentage the more you helped your alliance. Maybe divide it into maps as well, instead of how many 1*-5* champs you beat it should be what is your percentage in Maps 1-6. If Map 6 is 0% you know they haven't even tried it.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    edited August 2017

No, because if someone tries to fight a boss and stack up Deaths they will be turned down immediately
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Lol K/D ratio? What is this Call of Duty?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    In order for a K/D to be an effective metric, you would need the ability to filter through a ton of data.

Where were the fights (arena, AW, AQ, RoL, etc)?
    Which champs were used (i.e. using a 3* to try to beat Act 5 or a maxed 5* against an unleveled 4* duel)?
    How recent is the data (how have they done recently vs over the duration of the account)?
    What maps in AQ (did they spend the last 2 weeks building up kills in map 1)?
    "Quality" of wars (did they create a dummy ally for the purpose of fighting low-level wars)?
    How many items were needed to achieve those results (revives, health, boosts, etc)?

It would be a ton of data that could easily be manipulated.

For recruiting purposes, you're still better off just giving a short probation period and kicking if they can't cut it.
    DAVIDTH wrote: »

No, because if someone tries to fight a boss and stack up Deaths they will be turned down immediately

It would be pretty easy to design a system that accounts for this, such as a opponent PI/deaths. If you take 5 shots to take out a 40k dormammu vs. 4 shots for an 8k symbioid your K/D should vary.