**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    axelelf_1 said:

xNig said:

Awfully silent here.

A little too much over-reaction in the first place? 😂😂

You wanting to start it back up? Seriously. Need to feed on some anger? Yeah, I’m still pissed. I have 3 r5s, 15 r4s, and 8 6*s. I’m cruising through act 6. I didn’t think I wouldn’t. Doesn’t change the fact that I can’t use tons of champs I poured resources into.
    Nah. Not planning to start it back up. Just saying people should have waited for the content to drop, try it out first, then react.
    DarthHaas said:

finished (completion) with a couple boosts, a couple energy refills, and 12 single revives
    Domino 6* rank 2
    CapIW 5/65
    Sentinel 4/55
    Sparky 4/55
    Gulk 6* rank 1

Deffinetly not that bad of content. I will say I will have to expand my roster a bit before I go for exploration.

Exactly. The plus point here is the main draw, Cavalier, lies in Completion, which is very much doable even without all the 4*s that people commonly rely on.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Bidzy7 said:

A bit surprising you only have 2 5/65 , i'm assuming you are saving up to rank someone you feel worthy

I am not so much saving rank up resources, as I don't rank up based on "worthiness." I try to rank up based on getting immediate utility for my resources. When I ranked up Blade to 5/65, it was specifically because I felt he would save me potions when played well, and he's paid for his rank up materials many times over in AW, AQ, and quests. I used him everywhere. I ranked up Void because I run path 6, and because I started to see a trend of hard targets with a lot of regen. He's paid for his rank up resources many times over as well.

I have a lot of champs that would be "r5-worthy" at the moment: Iceman, Archangel, Hyperion, Magik all I think are worthy. But at the moment, I don't feel an overwhelming need for them. I don't think any of them at r5 will make impossible content possible, and I don't think any of them would save enough resources relative to what I spend now to be worth it. Given that, I think the rank up resources are worth more to me staying in my pocket until something changes that gives me a reason to target a specific rank up. At the moment, I have slightly less than three full T5Bs, and I'm okay sitting on them for now. Maybe Act 6 will give me a reason to burn them, if not with chapter one, then eventually.

I think it is a good long term strategy to keep some powder dry, for when the game changes, as it always will. I got lucky as well: Loki was the weirdest stroke of luck. I pulled him as 6*, then pulled him again and awakened him. I honestly thought he was a complete bust, even though I should know better than to judge like that. And then it seemed shortly afterward every monthly uncollected quest had bosses who were completely smashed by anything that could nullify their buffs, and awakened Loki can do that reliably non-stop. Because of him, I got through a lot of content almost laughably easy that maybe I would have been prompted to, say, rank up my Magik to make easier otherwise.
    Bidzy7 said:

This is what makes it seem like a pay to play wall, because if you are in a position where you can't buy crystals and get bad luck then you got no alternative apart from grinding away, getting your 2 5* a month and praying for good luck or buying more crystals.

It can't really fairly be called a paywall, if there's a gameplay way to grind past it. Of course, not everyone has the same time to grind, but that's not really relevant, as you can say that about all gameplay options. Not everyone can actually perform them. There are players that claim Uncollected is a paywall, because only a small subset of players can actually become Uncollected without paying a lot of cash.
  • redm4nredm4n Posts: 48
    The point that this is to reduce a frustrating time is quite the opposite.
    redm4n said:

XNig the ease just makes the whole thing that much worse. The whole reason given for no 4 stars is moot now

This is nonsensical. The reason for the gate is to require players to build up a strong 5*/6* roster before they attempt the content. There are players that are simply rejecting that stated purpose and making up their own, but that's immaterial. In particular, there are people who believe that the Act 6 content must be so extremely difficult that it is impossible to do by anyone with 4* champions. That's false, Kabam never said that, and that's not a mandatory requirement of the purpose of the gate. The fact that some players are finding the content difficulty low enough that they might have had a chance with 4* champions doesn't alter the purpose of the gate, because the gate's purpose didn't imply all players would find it impossible with 4* champs. There's no way for someone to run the content and "disprove" anything about the purpose of the gate with that anecdote.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    That was ONE aspect they looked at. Not sure why people keep focusing on that as the main reason.
    redm4n said:

Let me try english then.

It isn't working all that well for me. Why should it work for you.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    So the people with decent 5+6* rosters are not having much trouble?

Oh well, nothing to see here.
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Awfully silent here.

Nope, still angry. Even more so when I was able to play it. How long will it take to get all of the champions needed for exploration? Several years as I refuse to spend any more money on the game due to them ignoring & angering the community on 3 different topics in the last week! I believe I could fully explore it with my 4* champions, and one suggestion made by several other people before was quite good there: Keep the restrictions for the initial run if you really have to, but allow Cavaliers (which you can track) to use 4* champions in Act 6.1 afterwards. They can easily take on every single opponent, Kabam just wants to restrict our utility so that we spend more money on FGMCs. But guess what: I´m done with that!
    However: You, xNig, have prooven something: You are a troll, you want the community to be angry. You want us to rant about a topic. Otherwise, you would be happy that people are getting silent, but no: You basically demand us to come back and write down out opinion about the restrictions.
    Well, from the sharp decline of angry posts once 6.1 was released, I was wondering whether the bulk of people who were posting angrily here felt that they have over reacted in the first place.

If you have read my previous posts, I have been telling everyone to look at the rationale behind Kabam’s reasoning, chill, and comment AFTER the act drops, not before.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Awfully silent here.

Nope, still angry. Even more so when I was able to play it. How long will it take to get all of the champions needed for exploration? Several years as I refuse to spend any more money on the game due to them ignoring & angering the community on 3 different topics in the last week! I believe I could fully explore it with my 4* champions, and one suggestion made by several other people before was quite good there: Keep the restrictions for the initial run if you really have to, but allow Cavaliers (which you can track) to use 4* champions in Act 6.1 afterwards. They can easily take on every single opponent, Kabam just wants to restrict our utility so that we spend more money on FGMCs. But guess what: I´m done with that!
    However: You, xNig, have prooven something: You are a troll, you want the community to be angry. You want us to rant about a topic. Otherwise, you would be happy that people are getting silent, but no: You basically demand us to come back and write down out opinion about the restrictions.
    What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of all the cavalier crystals being bought that you said no one would buy.
    Lol. Not to mention I wasn’t the one fanning the flames for boycott, rank down tickets and 1 star reviews. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Mattj28Mattj28 Posts: 10
    I have 0% chance of completing this, all i need is 1 of my 4* for xbones, I’ve 100% everything I have the skill I just don’t have a bleed immune capable of over powering him,
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

I can give real examples of how 4* restrictions will cause me to suffer, since the node list has been published on reddit:
    -Biohazard, Safeguard gwenpool. My 4* iceman would melt her, but now I gotta resort to using a r2 5* nebula, my only double immune 5* (yes I know this is possible with a bleed immune but I don’t wanna throw units at it with no retreat and safeguard up)
    - Aggression Regeneration Omega red- usually my 4* vision would have this no problem, as spores stack up on him slowly. No retreat means I can’t completely avoid spore damage, so I will be throwing units at this one.
    - Tenacity killmonger- this killmonger has a 70% chance to shrug debuffs, and when he does, he regens 4% health. However, this only works when his armour is active, and this would be no problem to deal with if not for no retreat. So I gotta use my 4* medusa right? Nope.

Other examples where I luckily have the specific counter:
    -evading moon knight, I have a 5*r4 archangel
    -fire of hades Mephisto, I have a 5*r4 quake
    - sabertooth boss, again I have archangel, but anyone without a good high level heal block champ as a 5* will struggle

This is why people are complaining about the lack of 4*s. Im sure there are other examples I missed, and a lot of people will have to spend a lot more units or grind a lot more arena/buy fgmcs to get past these fights, when a 4* could have just been used. And this list is just 6.1.1, forget the rest of the chapter (I’m looking at those ultron and sentinel bosses that 4* Medusa probably could of shut down).

Here is the thing about your post, while you have a 4* counter for each of these that are “God Tier” and more preferred, there are tons of other champs that could counter every one of the champs you listed.

One thing is you only have Nebula at R2, that was your choice to keep her at R2. While Kabam did not give advance warning of the 4* restriction, it was obvious with the release of 6* that 4*’s were the new 3*’s. You relied on 4*’s due to personal choice, as it didn’t require arena grinding for 5* shards.

There are many like me that spent the last year bringing 5*’s and focused on ranking 5*’s. The writing was on the wall that 4* days were numbered in AW and for the game. My only concerns are the 6* gates. They have not been out long enough to even consider a gate of that magnitude.

I already finished completion of 6.1 (not exploration) with my 5* roster of Blade, Spark, Magik, Omega Red and Corvus. In fact, Corvus was my main character despite not being a great counter for most of the nodes. The only issue I will have is not being able to 100% with my current roster. So, I will have to wait.

Most of the complaints on 4* bans are from people who are extremely impatient. They want to clear everything the day it is released. Like LOL and Variant, not everything is meant to be cleared immediately. Kabam has been stating that. Sure, you can still attempt it, but it will cost you money. That is a personal choice. Most people have enough champs to do 1 run of chapter 1. 100% will take a very diverse roster. Now you know to focus on 5* ranking (which you should have been for the past year).

You simply were ranking on current content and not paying attention to how the game was expanding. Kabam hinted at gates and * restriction with Gwenpool Goes to the Movie. It was 100% unexpected that eventually they may do this. They want to slow down progression instead of 20-30% of the player base completing content within days and demanding more while complaining they are bored. Now they have something to challenge them and to build towards.
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60
    Mattj28 said:

I have 0% chance of completing this, all i need is 1 of my 4* for xbones, I’ve 100% everything I have the skill I just don’t have a bleed immune capable of over powering him,

My 2 visions and Dorm would have been good counters to xbones. Guess what? They are all 4*.
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Awfully silent here.

Well, from the sharp decline of angry posts once 6.1 was released, I was wondering whether the bulk of people who were posting angrily here felt that they have over reacted in the first place.

If you have read my previous posts, I have been telling everyone to look at the rationale behind Kabam’s reasoning, chill, and comment AFTER the act drops, not before.
    Yeah, I have commented after Act 6.1 dropped. And I´m still angry. So, what? I still don´t see any reason why we cannot bring in 4* champions apart from making money
    You might wanna read Midknight007's post above.

Being angry solves nothing. If you still don't see any reason, look back at all the posts that arguments and rationales were put forth and think, without being so blindsided by your rage.
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Awfully silent here.

Yeah, I have commented after Act 6.1 dropped. And I´m still angry. So, what? I still don´t see any reason why we cannot bring in 4* champions apart from making money

Being angry solves nothing. If you still don't see any reason, look back at all the posts that arguments and rationales were put forth and think, without being so blindsided by your rage.
    I have read it. Just because I don´t comment on something doesn´t mean I don´t read it.

There are no reasons why 4*s are banned from Act 6. If there were any reasons, this discussion would not have over 70 pages!
    You mean 70 pages of rage filled rants that abruptly came to a stop after 6.1 was released?

If the complaints were justifiable they would have continued on after the chapter was released.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Awfully silent here.

I have read it. Just because I don´t comment on something doesn´t mean I don´t read it.

There are no reasons why 4*s are banned from Act 6. If there were any reasons, this discussion would not have over 70 pages!
    Actually, there are reasons... you are unwilling to accept them.

There is a huge difference. Unfortunately, it is borderline ignorance on your behalf. I am using the correct term too, as you are ignoring Kabam’s response on any and all levels. They made it 100% clear, but 90% of the 70 pages are “I can’t use this 4* or that 4*” or “I ranked this 4* or that 4*”. Those choices were on existing content and AQ/AW. This is new content with a different perspective that does fit with your previous style of gameplay.

Instead of adjust and working towards something, which I have since the release of 6*’s... you simply want Kabam to change to your old-style play of relying on 4*. Kabam stated when they released Gwenpool Goes to the Movie that they were seeing people bring the same champs. They also stated with Variant they placed restrictions on chapters to highlight champs people do not use often and have viable alternatives to nodes.

It should have come as no surprise that a restriction might go the opposite way and restrict lower rarity champs. This forces players to either wait or look for alternatives within their current roster.

I have a ton of possible counters to several paths and I only have 85 5*’s (most being 2015 and 2016). The thing I am concerned about is 6* gates. I only have 11... I am in a Gold 1 alliance (though we might place in Gold 2 due to what tanking may have done to the tilts this time around) and I don’t spend like COW. The 6* restriction is the one we should be worried about, especially if they stagger a class restriction on the mission.
  • Mattj28Mattj28 Posts: 10
    The worst thing is, my second account has 4 5* but could easily handle act 6, but my main account with 68 5*, 3 r5, 1 r5 skill rank up gem can’t, but yes 4* are removed to stop accounts that are less experienced from doing act 6
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

I can give real examples of how 4* restrictions will cause me to suffer, since the node list has been published on reddit:
    -Biohazard, Safeguard gwenpool. My 4* iceman would melt her, but now I gotta resort to using a r2 5* nebula, my only double immune 5* (yes I know this is possible with a bleed immune but I don’t wanna throw units at it with no retreat and safeguard up)
    - Aggression Regeneration Omega red- usually my 4* vision would have this no problem, as spores stack up on him slowly. No retreat means I can’t completely avoid spore damage, so I will be throwing units at this one.
    - Tenacity killmonger- this killmonger has a 70% chance to shrug debuffs, and when he does, he regens 4% health. However, this only works when his armour is active, and this would be no problem to deal with if not for no retreat. So I gotta use my 4* medusa right? Nope.

Other examples where I luckily have the specific counter:
    -evading moon knight, I have a 5*r4 archangel
    -fire of hades Mephisto, I have a 5*r4 quake
    - sabertooth boss, again I have archangel, but anyone without a good high level heal block champ as a 5* will struggle

This is why people are complaining about the lack of 4*s. Im sure there are other examples I missed, and a lot of people will have to spend a lot more units or grind a lot more arena/buy fgmcs to get past these fights, when a 4* could have just been used. And this list is just 6.1.1, forget the rest of the chapter (I’m looking at those ultron and sentinel bosses that 4* Medusa probably could of shut down).

Here is the thing about your post, while you have a 4* counter for each of these that are “God Tier” and more preferred, there are tons of other champs that could counter every one of the champs you listed.

One thing is you only have Nebula at R2, that was your choice to keep her at R2. While Kabam did not give advance warning of the 4* restriction, it was obvious with the release of 6* that 4*’s were the new 3*’s. You relied on 4*’s due to personal choice, as it didn’t require arena grinding for 5* shards.

There are many like me that spent the last year bringing 5*’s and focused on ranking 5*’s. The writing was on the wall that 4* days were numbered in AW and for the game. My only concerns are the 6* gates. They have not been out long enough to even consider a gate of that magnitude.

I already finished completion of 6.1 (not exploration) with my 5* roster of Blade, Spark, Magik, Omega Red and Corvus. In fact, Corvus was my main character despite not being a great counter for most of the nodes. The only issue I will have is not being able to 100% with my current roster. So, I will have to wait.

Most of the complaints on 4* bans are from people who are extremely impatient. They want to clear everything the day it is released. Like LOL and Variant, not everything is meant to be cleared immediately. Kabam has been stating that. Sure, you can still attempt it, but it will cost you money. That is a personal choice. Most people have enough champs to do 1 run of chapter 1. 100% will take a very diverse roster. Now you know to focus on 5* ranking (which you should have been for the past year).

You simply were ranking on current content and not paying attention to how the game was expanding. Kabam hinted at gates and * restriction with Gwenpool Goes to the Movie. It was 100% unexpected that eventually they may do this. They want to slow down progression instead of 20-30% of the player base completing content within days and demanding more while complaining they are bored. Now they have something to challenge them and to build towards.
    “Most of the complaints on 4* bans are from people who are extremely impatient.”

Oh really? What a ridiculous blanket statement. I am not going to pretend to speak for others , but I just want to use the heroes I’ve earned.