**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Month?

AndiYTDEAndiYTDE Posts: 424 ★★★
Hey everyone,

a lot has been going on in the last week. Kabam has angered the community on many different topics (Champion Restrictions, 4* Rank-Up offer, T5CC offer fail...), and I do not want to comment on any of those topics here, I have already done that in the discussions that exist for each specific topic. With all that going on, I feel like you really need to give us a Summoner Appreciation Month, not a week like last year, a month like in 2017! My suggestions (feel free to add yours!):
-A special 14 day login calender rewarding 5* Shards (around 5000), 5* Generic Signature Stones (Maybe 10), Greater Champion Boosts (One Health, One Attack, One Health&Attack), T2A (1 fully formed), T4CC (2 fully formed) and more
-Daily return of the Halls of Healing/Halls of Fortune that both do not cost energy to complete
-20% Gold, XP and Battle Chips boost for the whole month (I understand you won´t want to give out a 10% Health and Attack boost since that would be unfair for those who have already completed Act 6.1)
-No mastery costs (Apart from the mastery core costs)
-One out of 5 choosable gifts like in 2018

This is nothing official! There has to be something to regain the trust of the community, and I think April being a Summoner Appreciation Month would be one of the best options.

What do you think about this?

-Andi

Comments

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    i tried to create a post about this before.
    here is wat it pretty much was.

I feel there is a lot of stress and tension and frustration and anger in the community.
    leading to people leaving 1* reviews and threatening to boycott and quit and what not.
    A lot of things have been done that have frustrated the community lately

Is it time for Kabam to do something to restore some faith with the community instead of further destroying it?

Why not run a summoner appreciation week again.
    I feel it is about time.

Would be nice if we could get a statement saying something like
    "Sorry summoners we know and understand a lot of you have been frustrated and annoyed with some recent changes and additions to the contest.
    We make these changes with the best intentions to bring fun and excitement to the contest while bringing balance.
    We are sorry but also understand that not everyone will always agree.
    But do believe us when we say "WE CARE" we honestly believe what we do is in the best interest of the community.
    It is with this being said we are announcing a Summoner appreciation week. There will be a week of special events with 0 energy requirements and lots of good rewards on offer. Play as much as you can and enjoy some good rewards.
    Once again we appreciate and thank you for playing in the Contest"

That would really go a long way toward appeasing everyone's frustrations IMO.

My partner recently stopped playing because she felt that it was getting harder, but not in a fun way, harder in a BS way and doing so at an increasing rate faster than she could grow her account.
    I know of many 3-4 year veteran players who are frustrated tired and quitting the game. These are long standing players that love the game so much.

One thing is common through all of this. They are over it.
    They are not having fun anymore due to what they believe to be increasing amounts of bad decisions after bad decisions.

These are players that would be able to be kept very easily. If a few things were done purely in the interest of engaging players and keeping people happy.

I am not asking here that you give us anything for free.
    I am not asking here that you change any decisions you have made already.

I am just asking here that you please think of the happiness of the community and do something to show us you care more about us having fun and enjoyment than you do about anything else.

I hope this stays this time.
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    AndiYTDE said:

ON12355 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Please stay on topic and don´t insult anyone like that... I don´t want this discussion to be closed just because you keep insulting people. Just ignore them if you think they are trolls

You obviously are not familiar with this guy. :smile:

But okay - on topic : you are absolutely right Kabam is doing terrible recently, thing is we don't need any compensation like what you suggested, what we need is for them to admit their decisions was terrible lately, that their decisions only made things worse for 99,5% of player base, apologize and revoke those decisions. And that of course will never happen, nor will compensation package since they will stay on their fake opinion it was all for good and good only. Hence, your suggestion is already solved and closed in their heads. No matter how many people think otherwise. We are the last people they actually care of.
    Trust me: I know that person, and I have my opinion about him. That´s why I have decided to ignore him.

I know that they won´t undo what they have done as that would be unfair for those who have already completed Act 6.1. However they have to show us that they do care, and I believe that a stacked Summoner Appreciation Month would be one of the best options
    Even if I admire your dedication on some level, I just can't support this logic.
    Because there is a patter in what they do :
    -they give us some BS decisions and restrictions counting on rant it will create
    -they ignore the rant till the deed is done
    -when it was already accepted by some players, they "can't" change it back "even if they wanted to" and so at best - they give us some lame compensation so we finally shut up

And that's the cheapest trick used, they are treating us like children. I know some compensation can ease the pain, and I will take it if they are giving it, but I'm not gonna be the one calling for it. I don't want compensations - I want to prevent need of compensation, especially when this whole situation was created intentionally.
    edited March 2019

Why should they give us a SA month? Whos really at fault here? Kabam made content geared toward stronger champs. Its just the plan of the game. The community took it on themselves to be upset. There's tons of people doing just fine in Act 6 without 4*'s.

4* rank up offer- I mean come on, you really just want to mad at this point. Its clearly geared toward people possibly trying to get over a progression hump. Maybe helps them get uncollected or finish act 4 or 5. The community chose to see it as a slap in the face.

T5cc offer- They fixed it. What more do you need?

Act 1-4 rewards buff- Again, digging deep to want or stay mad.

We don't need an SA week or month. Its like rewarding a child that misbehaves. Giving that child what they want results it continued bad behavior.

so you don't want anything in the game that could benefit you?
    can you see the idea of something like this would be of benefit?
    and you don't want it?
    right.
    it is one thing to be of the opinion we don't NEED compensation or appreciation.
    but it is another to completely shut down the idea of anything that could potentially offer great rewards to people.

rewarding a child that misbehaves is like allowing people to cheat, hack, exploit etc.

appreciation is just that. appreciation.
    kinda like, Thanks for playing our game, hope ur having fun and we are glad you are making us millions of dollars.

4* rank up offer- I mean come on, you really just want to mad at this point. Its clearly geared toward people possibly trying to get over a progression hump. Maybe helps them get uncollected or finish act 4 or 5. The community chose to see it as a slap in the face.

You know, I can respect other opinion, different people can see things differently and that's okay, but this part really bothers me. I mean, there are times when we can argue about something that is a matter of interpretation but then there are times where we are questioning if sky is blue. And I'm sorry, but giving 4* rank up package (overpriced on the top) at the same point when you are banning them seems a little too inconvenient to be unrelated. At this point, we didn't chose to be mad, but you chose not to see that out of spite.
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103

Its like rewarding a child that misbehaves. Giving that child what they want results in continued bad behavior.

Have you thought about teaching parenting classes? Not to get political or anything, but this is exactly why society is breaking down.

On topic - Previous years have shown that we will get SA at some point. But we don't need to be calling for it as a compensation for things we don't agree with. That would change it from being a "thanks for playing' to a 'sorry you don't like our decisions'.
    Also noone is demanding anything.
    we are merely asking and offering suggestions of things that can make people happy.
    and make people enjoy the game.
    i am sure we all want people to spend.
    i am sure we all dont want our ally mates to quit.
    i am sure we all wanna have fun playing.
    i am sure we all dont want people leaving 1* reviews.

we cant have things done that hurt the game. people quitting, leaving 1* reviews and not spending hurt the game and could ultimately result in getting it shut down.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    GUARD1AN said:

Its like rewarding a child that misbehaves. Giving that child what they want results in continued bad behavior.

Have you thought about teaching parenting classes? Not to get political or anything, but this is exactly why society is breaking down.

On topic - Previous years have shown that we will get SA at some point. But we don't need to be calling for it as a compensation for things we don't agree with. That would change it from being a "thanks for playing' to a 'sorry you don't like our decisions'.
    I have kids. If they act up and dont like what's for dinner (act 6 restrictions) I'm not going to try and make them happy again by giving them tons of things just to win back their favor.

GUARD1AN said:

I have kids. If they act up and dont like what's for dinner (act 6 restrictions) I'm not going to try and make them happy again by giving them tons of things just to win back their favor.
    yeah but you also teach children in a different manner in which you deal with adults who are your paying customer and keep your business going.
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    ON12355 said:

It's more like parent taking some of his child toys and saying it can't be played with anymore with no explanation whatsoever, and then slapping the child from the position of power because it simply wanted the toy back.

Au contraire, it's more like telling your kids not to play with a bouncy ball in the house or to keep their play-doh off the dinner table. Kabam would have to impose champion restrictions on Acts 1-5 and all EQ and make all monthly difficulties locked without their corresponding progression title before they'd start getting close to your example.
    (Hint, hint, Kabam? >:)o:););) )
    GUARD1AN said:

ON12355 said:

It's more like parent taking some of his child toys and saying it can't be played with anymore with no explanation whatsoever, and then slapping the child from the position of power because it simply wanted the toy back.

Au contraire, it's more like telling your kids not to play with a bouncy ball in the house or to keep their play-doh off the dinner table. Kabam would have to impose champion restrictions on Acts 1-5 and all EQ and make all monthly difficulties locked without their corresponding progression title before they'd start getting close to your example.
    Wow, have you ever heard about fallacy? Cause tha't what you did there, you may want to check it out. I can tear this empty argument down so easily but then again, this is not about being personal here and it would not address the topic anymore, but please, keep it real, you are losing it just to have the last word here man. Your analogy doesn't make any sense and you know it :smile: Peace
    GUARD1AN said:

ON12355 said:

more like telling ur kids they cant play with the bouncy ball inside.
    and then when they go outside to play with it you tell them sorry its not allowed outside they must use the soccerball outside.
    but then when they go to get the soccer ball all you keep giving them is different coloured bouncy balls.
    result is the kid cant have fun anymore.
    But anyway i digress.
    this topic is not about what they have done as its done and it will stay the way it is and we will deal with it.
    its about things that would be nice moving forward from here.

the community is sure as hell allowed to ask for stuff.
    yeah kabam can so no but we sure can ask.
    AndiYTDE said:

Why should they give us a SA month? Whos really at fault here? Kabam made content geared toward stronger champs. Its just the plan of the game. The community took it on themselves to be upset. There's tons of people doing just fine in Act 6 without 4*'s.

We don't need an SA week or month. Its like rewarding a child that misbehaves. Giving that child what they want results it continued bad behavior.

Oh, that´s you logic: "If you are mad, then that´s your fault!"?
    Regarding the T5CC offer: May I remind you that when Variant came out, there was a similar mistake: The Rankup gems that are meant to be useable on 2015 champions only were useable for all champions in the first like 24-48 hours for those who completed it. They have decided to not undo their mistake, the people could keep the gems and the crystal was fixed. This time they have decided to undo it because it hurts them.
    But, sure: Kabam is doing everything right, the community is at fault for being angry... Sounds very logical...
    You can be mad about a choice a company makes. That doesn't mean they owe you compensation for said decision. For example- My favorite sports team the Kansas City Chiefs just released 2 big pieces of their defense and traded another to the 49ers. In my mind, it doesn't make sense. Am I mad about it? Yep a little. Did the Chiefs make a business decision based on the direction they are going? Yep. Should I ask for compensation like Season tickets for free? Nope, I just have to be mad or choose to try and see a bigger picture.

Kabam doesn't do everything right. They have their faults just like any other company out there. But in the end, they are a for profit company. They need to make money to keep the game going. I don't 100% agree with 4* restrictions in Act 6 and for the only reason of synergies. They play a big role in a lot of players teams but it can still be done without 4*'s.

The 2015 rank up gem could of been handled a bit differently but you also don't know their code and you also don't know the extent of the rework that would have to be done. In reality, those top of the top players have no impact on me as a player right now.

You can choose to be mad at a company's decision. That's 100% your right as a consumer, but it doesn't mean they need to compensate you. Act 6 4* restrictions is not a "wrong" decision, its a unpopular one.
    ON12355 said:

GUARD1AN said:

Oh by the way, this analogy doesn't seem to work here. It's more like parent taking some of his child toys and saying it can't be played with anymore with no explanation whatsoever, and then slapping the child from the position of power because it simply wanted the toy back. That's not child misbehaving, that's you being bad parent :wink:
    ON12355 said:

GUARD1AN said:

Oh by the way, this analogy doesn't seem to work here. It's more like parent taking some of his child toys and saying it can't be played with anymore with no explanation whatsoever, and then slapping the child from the position of power because it simply wanted the toy back. That's not child misbehaving, that's you being bad parent :wink:
    4* champs can still be used in EVERY OTHER PIECE OF CONTENT. No one says you can't play with them any more. You just have to play with them in a different room.
    ON12355 said:

You know, I can respect other opinion, different people can see things differently and that's okay, but this part really bothers me. I mean, there are times when we can argue about something that is a matter of interpretation but then there are times where we are questioning if sky is blue. And I'm sorry, but giving 4* rank up package (overpriced on the top) at the same point when you are banning them seems a little too inconvenient to be unrelated. At this point, we didn't chose to be mad, but you chose not to see that out of spite.
    Is the timing of the offer bad, yes it was. Was the meaning behind the offer bad, no it wasn't. You are only choosing to see the bad side in correlation of act 6 when clearly the offer wasn't meant for anyone that is going to attempt act 6.
    AndiYTDE said:

So much for staying on topic...
    Kabam has angered the community many times in the last week, and honestly: I don´t know how anybody can deny that. As we know they won´t undo what they have done, they have to do something in order to get our trust back. If that´s not a Summoner Appreciation Month, what would you suggest?

No, no, no, no. Your anger doesn't deserve compensation. It's misplaced and overreached.
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Oh, that´s you logic: "If you are mad, then that´s your fault!"?
    Regarding the T5CC offer: May I remind you that when Variant came out, there was a similar mistake: The Rankup gems that are meant to be useable on 2015 champions only were useable for all champions in the first like 24-48 hours for those who completed it. They have decided to not undo their mistake, the people could keep the gems and the crystal was fixed. This time they have decided to undo it because it hurts them.
    But, sure: Kabam is doing everything right, the community is at fault for being angry... Sounds very logical...
    You can be mad about a choice a company makes. That doesn't mean they owe you compensation for said decision. For example- My favorite sports team the Kansas City Chiefs just released 2 big pieces of their defense and traded another to the 49ers. In my mind, it doesn't make sense. Am I mad about it? Yep a little. Did the Chiefs make a business decision based on the direction they are going? Yep. Should I ask for compensation like Season tickets for free? Nope, I just have to be mad or choose to try and see a bigger picture.

Kabam doesn't do everything right. They have their faults just like any other company out there. But in the end, they are a for profit company. They need to make money to keep the game going. I don't 100% agree with 4* restrictions in Act 6 and for the only reason of synergies. They play a big role in a lot of players teams but it can still be done without 4*'s.

The 2015 rank up gem could of been handled a bit differently but you also don't know their code and you also don't know the extent of the rework that would have to be done. In reality, those top of the top players have no impact on me as a player right now.

You can choose to be mad at a company's decision. That's 100% your right as a consumer, but it doesn't mean they need to compensate you. Act 6 4* restrictions is not a "wrong" decision, its a unpopular one.
    Does that decision actively affect you? Do you have to wait for good RNG luck in order to watch the match due to that decision? Your example does not work here, sorry
    See now you are trying to fit an entirely different argument into this. You are upset at a DECISION. That is what the analogy is about. There are many people in my alliance that don't have 5* versions of their 4* champs and they are getting through Act 6 without much hassle. It boils down to "i'm upset so gimmie stuff to make me happy". One of the worst mentalities to have.
    edited March 2019
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

So much for staying on topic...
    Kabam has angered the community many times in the last week, and honestly: I don´t know how anybody can deny that. As we know they won´t undo what they have done, they have to do something in order to get our trust back. If that´s not a Summoner Appreciation Month, what would you suggest?

No, no, no, no. Your anger doesn't deserve compensation. It's misplaced and overreached.
    Alright, so we just let them keep doing their money-grabbing policy and let them focus more on the whales while ignoring 99.5% of the community. Sounds like a good plan, thanks :)
    By "money grabbing" do you mean profit making decisions? They need to make money..... there are plenty of other examples of money grabbing techniques. Act 6 is not a money grab.

Anyway, i'm out. Enjoy not getting a SA month.

I don't know...

I'm not directly affected by the act 6 4* ban, since I'm not even there yet. And I'm certain that I'll have a pretty decent 5* roster once I finished act 5 exploration.

I'm also not affected by the t5b offer, to be honest I'm even glad about how they handled this.

I am kind of affected by the act 1-4 reward buffs, but that - at least to me - is more an issue of kabams problem solving skills and overall attitude, kind of comparable to the challenge of the alchemist for android fiasco. Not the end of the world, but still anything but ideal.

Now, I certainly wouldn't complain about such a massive "compensation", but to stay even somewhat integer, I must put that word in quotation marks, since nothing really made me eligible for a compensation.
    At least not to such an extend.

im not at all affected by it.
    just did 6.1.1 and had fun.
    AA was by far MVP.
    but doesnt mean i like the ban.
    and its not just bout that,
    its bout everything,

chocie after choice
    decision after decision
    they are just doing things that frustrate and annoy a large amount of the customer base.
    some things i like,
    some things i dont,
    some things i thinks peeps need to stop complaining about.
    some i complain about.

but overall almost everything they do is frustrating to a large portion of players.