**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Chapter 1 - Strategies and Tips

Comments

• Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★

Yes crossbones was a pain. I went in with a boosted r4 5* emma frost and she couldn't out damage the regen at all. Ended up using r2 6* domino and reviving a lot. Act6 requires you to have specific 5* champs and screws everyone else over. Thanks kabam. I'm burnt out. It is literally no fun any more.

I gotta agree there. I’ve got a fairly large roster but my best bleed immune is ultron. With a 20% boost CB was at 100% health after 155 hits... had to give up.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★

Yes crossbones was a pain. I went in with a boosted r4 5* emma frost and she couldn't out damage the regen at all. Ended up using r2 6* domino and reviving a lot. Act6 requires you to have specific 5* champs and screws everyone else over. Thanks kabam. I'm burnt out. It is literally no fun any more.

I used a 4/55 sentinel it was pretty long fight and had to use 3 40% revives. I’m the exact opposite feeling of you though. I also don’t have a super great roster but am looking forward to growing it to make exploration a lot easier. I’m in no hurry to 100%. One good thing is it’s permanent content so no rush. At first I thought the gate was kinda BS and I’m not sure if this was their intention but this will give me content to work towards for awhile... rank up decisions etc... so for that I am happy.

Hope you can get past him and I’ll keep an eye out for other good options for counters that will prob be found. Good luck bro

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I finished a once through pretty easily. Only had to use revives on Ultron in quest 2 and Crossbones in quest 5. Other than that I managed everything pretty easily. Duped my Symbiote Supreme from the 5* crystal and took him to r5. Also popped one Cavalier crystal and pulled 5* Red Skull. Not too bad.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,482 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

I finished a once through pretty easily. Only had to use revives on Ultron in quest 2 and Crossbones in quest 5. Other than that I managed everything pretty easily. Duped my Symbiote Supreme from the 5* crystal and took him to r5. Also popped one Cavalier crystal and pulled 5* Red Skull. Not too bad.

Your team and champ advice?

Dr. Zola
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    IGN: vdh2018

I did one run through for Cavalier.

5* R5 Aegon (sig 192)
    5* R5 SL (sig 200)
    5* R5 Medusa (sig 180)
    6* Angela (unawakened)
    5* R4 Omega Red (unawakened)

Units spent- 300 on random heals for Aegon to top him up, plus probably another 200 ish on refills for energy.

I spent some time at the start of every piece to look for the "easiest" path for my team. 1-5 had easier and harder paths, and part 6 is basically all "hard", but I took the path with Thor Rags in the middle (Aspect of War/ Strike Back).

Aegon was MVP. Fought early and often with him, and he was usually at 150-200 persistent combo by the time the boss came around.

Tough Fights:

6.1.2 Ultron- Took my whole team revive once (60% one from stash), but Medusa did the heavy lifting
    6.1.5 XBones- I can see how this will be a sticky point for a lot of people. Luckily Aegon ate him up (175 ish persistent coming in).

DrZola said:

Werewrym said:

Your team and champ advice?

Dr. Zola
    So I mainly took the easier paths in each quest, so for that you can, for the most part, use whatever your best champs are. My teams mainly consisted of Domino, Hyperion, SL, AA, Omega, Korg (tried him against CB), Magik, and Sym Sup. For the most part I used Domino for all quest fights (she was my only r5 at the time), and then brought specific counters for the bosses.

For ST boss I used AA and was able to solo him quite easily. I expect there are some other very effective champs against him, Sentinel and SL come to mind. AA made him easy though because I could negate the effects of the dashing back degen.

For Ultron boss I really didn't have a good counter. This was the hardest fight in 6.1 for me. Ended up reviving Hyperion a number of times before I was able to take him down. I basically just got to sp2 and prayed for stuns and attempted to stun lock him. This worked fairly well on one of my revives and I was able to take him from half health to KO, but it is really a luck based fight doing this method. I imagine Medusa would be the best counter against him, with possibly Gulk and Magik as next best counters (Blade might work also, but that shock damage hurts).

The next two bosses were Ghost and Loki, both of which were pretty much a joke. I used Hype on Ghost and SL on Loki, but neither of those fights require specific counters, just remember to watch the global nodes, but I don't think either were that difficult to work around.

For CB I brought in a few bleed immunes and a couple that I thought might also work despite not being bleed immune. Turns out, you really need that bleed immunity. My Omega did most of the work here. I tried Korg but he just doesn't hit very hard. Domino and Blade took way to much damage from bleed and were both dead in about 10 seconds. GR might work for this fight, but mine is only r3 so he wasn't able to get much damage in. I ended up reviving Omega a fair few times to take CB down. As for counters for this fight I think Sentinel might work quite well. Also Darkhawk and Iceman probably both work well with the double immunity.

Finally the Sentinel boss. I expected this one to be the hardest but was actually surprised at how easy it turned out to be. My Hype basically solod the fight (I went in with Domino first to test the nodes and did maybe 1% damage first). The only thing you have to watch out here is to cycle your specials. I found that I was able to use Hype's sp2 then sp1 before my power was drained by plagued mind. I would then repeat the same process dodging Sentinels specials and throwing sp2 and sp1. I imagine that some good counters to this fight would be Medusa (no surprise there), possibly the new CM, but mainly any cosmic champ that can slow down his analysis charges. Any champ without power gain is going to run into the issue of not being able to cycle specials which is why Hype worked so well. If you take this fight with a champ that cannot gain power fast then you may have to resort to not using specials at all.

One last thing to note. I didn't think any of the global buffs were that difficult to avoid or work around. The one that gave me the most trouble was the combo one. Domino didn't work as well with that one because she has 6 hits in her regular combo which sort of works against you. I didn't bring AA in that quest, but it sounds like he shuts down that node also, so that's my plan going forward with 100% in mind. I thought Kabam did a good job of creating global nodes that require some thought and skill to work around, but not so difficult that your team gets KO'd by them on the first few fights. My one complaint so far would be the nodes on Ultron. I think those require too specific of champs to be considered fun. CB's nodes are also a bit questionable, but less so than the ones on Ultron.

I know that's kind of long, and maybe not all that helpful, but that is how I got through. Hopefully it helps someone here.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,482 ★★★★★
    @Werewrym and @Vdh2008 thank you!

Dr. Zola
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Finished a completion run through tonight, was actually pretty fun and I enjoyed having to change my gameplay to suit the nodes which weren't bad at all.

Team used:
    5/65 stark spidey (duped)
    4/55 quake (duped)
    4/55 medusa (duped)
    4/55 ghost rider (duped)
    4/55 blade (unduped)

I swapped out medusa for 4/55 iceman (duped) for crossbones boss.

All of them got a lot of playtime; sparky smashed through most paths and worked beautifully on 6.1.6 all or nothing path (soloed ghost boss), medusa pretty much soloed 6.1.2 including ultron boss and did much of the work on sentinel boss, blade actually did a lot of work especially on villains (soloed loki boss), ghost rider helped clear paths (finished off crossbones boss), iceman took crossbones down to 20% health but took a lot of hits (320ish) and just had to play consistent getting sp1 timing right before he'd fire off his and drain my power, lastly quake was the universal 'come in at any point and just quake and bake' whoever stood in front of her (did most of the work on sabretooth).

Sentinel boss was the biggest pain for me as sometimes after the first armour shatter with medusa I couldn't get to an sp2 before power drain applied (this is with the node where you have to alternate specials), but besides that a solid sparky and quake effort and a couple l1 revives on medusa got him down.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Anyone tried the Caustic Temper or Buffed Up path in 6.1.6?

Any advice?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    axelelf_1 said:

How effective has blade been? Just wondering if content is being geared to counter him.

So far I've just completed 6.1.1, I'm not blitzing the content. But I can say that Blade was effective in the path I took (AV/RedSkull, which I think most are concluding is the easiest path). In the beta, No Retreat was a nightmare: it triggered on every dash back and it also stacked. If you were dashing back at all, you were dead, and I found Blade was almost worthless under those conditions. Its pretty hard to get any healing if you can't retreat at all, holding block works sometimes, but too often you trigger a heavy which forces you to either eat a heavy to the face or dash back and eat the degen. On live, No Retreat is almost not bad by comparison: it only triggers after two dash backs in rapid succession and it doesn't stack, so ironically if you do trigger degen you're now free to play "normally" for a while. I was able to take down Iron Patriot with 5/65 Blade playing almost "normally" because I could heal the degen back mostly.

For me, the MVPs in my roster in 6.1.1 were Hulk Ragnarok, Vision, and Blade in that order. Hulk is obvious: he can survive the degen and actually gets a damage buff from it. Vision's benefit comes from the fact that he can play extremely aggressively while also preventing the defender from using specials which reduces the need to evade at all. And Blade, as mentioned above, worked well enough for some fights that he could, if not solo the fight, usually survive long enough to take a big chunk out of a target (if I didn't make a mistake, of course). And both Hulk Rag and Vision have heal block which is extremely useful against Sabretooth.

The biggest problem for me is that while I think this is the easiest path for me, it includes the Tyranny Red Skull and none of my high rank champs are villains. I died to him almost as much as to Sabretooth. I think it was 14 deaths total, nine revives, most on Red Skull and Sabretooth (and a couple on Agent Venom, who's a pain in the neck but also I probably needed some ramp up time myself).

Rounding out my team was Archangel and Sabretooth. My AA is not awakened so he wasn't as good as I hoped he would be. I brought Sabretooth thinking he'd avoid the hero power lock on Red Skull, but I didn't realize that mercenaries count as heroes for the purposes of that node.
    DNA3000 said:

axelelf_1 said:

How effective has blade been? Just wondering if content is being geared to counter him.

So far I've just completed 6.1.1, I'm not blitzing the content. But I can say that Blade was effective in the path I took (AV/RedSkull, which I think most are concluding is the easiest path). In the beta, No Retreat was a nightmare: it triggered on every dash back and it also stacked. If you were dashing back at all, you were dead, and I found Blade was almost worthless under those conditions. Its pretty hard to get any healing if you can't retreat at all, holding block works sometimes, but too often you trigger a heavy which forces you to either eat a heavy to the face or dash back and eat the degen. On live, No Retreat is almost not bad by comparison: it only triggers after two dash backs in rapid succession and it doesn't stack, so ironically if you do trigger degen you're now free to play "normally" for a while. I was able to take down Iron Patriot with 5/65 Blade playing almost "normally" because I could heal the degen back mostly.

For me, the MVPs in my roster in 6.1.1 were Hulk Ragnarok, Vision, and Blade in that order. Hulk is obvious: he can survive the degen and actually gets a damage buff from it. Vision's benefit comes from the fact that he can play extremely aggressively while also preventing the defender from using specials which reduces the need to evade at all. And Blade, as mentioned above, worked well enough for some fights that he could, if not solo the fight, usually survive long enough to take a big chunk out of a target (if I didn't make a mistake, of course). And both Hulk Rag and Vision have heal block which is extremely useful against Sabretooth.

The biggest problem for me is that while I think this is the easiest path for me, it includes the Tyranny Red Skull and none of my high rank champs are villains. I died to him almost as much as to Sabretooth. I think it was 14 deaths total, nine revives, most on Red Skull and Sabretooth (and a couple on Agent Venom, who's a pain in the neck but also I probably needed some ramp up time myself).

Rounding out my team was Archangel and Sabretooth. My AA is not awakened so he wasn't as good as I hoped he would be. I brought Sabretooth thinking he'd avoid the hero power lock on Red Skull, but I didn't realize that mercenaries count as heroes for the purposes of that node.
    I’m sure most don’t have him yet but Sym Sup is a great counter to Red Skull with that node that only allows villains to gain power. I have managed to pull SS twice now and he is one of the best solutions to both Red Skull and that node specifically.
    Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

axelelf_1 said:

I’m sure most don’t have him yet but Sym Sup is a great counter to Red Skull with that node that only allows villains to gain power. I have managed to pull SS twice now and he is one of the best solutions to both Red Skull and that node specifically.
    Symbiote Supreme gains power on that node? I don't think he's explicitly tagged as a villain, but I didn't try him explicitly.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

axelelf_1 said:

Symbiote Supreme gains power on that node? I don't think he's explicitly tagged as a villain, but I didn't try him explicitly.
    Champions who aren't tagged as either heroes or villains still gain power (e.g. Corvus).
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

axelelf_1 said:

SS is tagged as a villain.
    Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

axelelf_1 said:

You can gain power by other means on that node ... just not the conventional way ...
    Ah, so heroes are power locked, villains gain power, and everything else can't gain power by striking the target but they can gain power through power gain abilities. Is that basically correct?
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

axelelf_1 said:

You can gain power by other means on that node ... just not the conventional way ...
    Ah, so heroes are power locked, villains gain power, and everything else can't gain power by striking the target but they can gain power through power gain abilities. Is that basically correct?
    Which path/boss is this?
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Could a non-boosted corvus with a charge or two take down a 150K opponent at 5/65? I'm deciding wheter to rank him up or do my AA
    The_Boss9 said:

DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

axelelf_1 said:

Which path/boss is this?
    6.1.1 Red Skull.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Interestingly enough, I got walled at Sabretooth. I did the path well enough (Joe Fixit, Mordo, etc.) but Sabretooth was like a brick wall. I brought 5/65 Blade, 4/55 Spark, 4/55 Heimdall, 3/45 GR, and 3/45 Gulk. I don’t care for Gulk too much, but I used my science 3->4 gem on him in the hopes he’ll get me through this quest (and Variant in the future). I can’t help but thinking Spark is a waste of a slot considering he needs to evade multiple times to set him up. Any tips on how to deal with Sabre effectively?