**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    So here is a slightly different perspective... I just went through act 6 completion and was not able to use some of my go to synergy teams but was able to squeak it out. At first I thought this would be fuel for annoyance over 4* restriction but... I will have some content to work towards for the next several months just for exploration. Rank ups, excited about new pulls, etc... if I was able to take full synergy teams I would have prob burned through this in a week or 2. Now I can’t and I think that’s good for me. Not sure if this is one of the intended reasons for the gate..(I’ve not really read much on kabam reasoning) but if it was I think it makes sense.
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★

So the people with decent 5+6* rosters are not having much trouble?

Oh well, nothing to see here.

Not entirely true either. CB is nothing but a cash grab for me. I’ve got a pretty decent roster & breezed through till that point but ultron is my best bleed immune & his damage is complete garbage. Super fun going in with r5’s & dying after 10 hits. Gotta go grind arena just so I can go in, die almost immediately, revive, rinse & repeat.. well done Kabam.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Have to say thanks you to kabam. For the first time in just over 2 years I can fight to the end of a quest but not be able to handle the boss. I don't have a guardian or an avenger ranked up strong enough to handle that Ultron. 4* ban means I can't justify ranking anyone up. Not a single penny out of my pocket ever again because of this decision. Still extremely angry about this garbage decision. And after watching seatins Livestream in act 4 it's obvious that you are lying about 4*s not being able to handle the content. Worst company ever.
    Iksdjvan said:

Have to say thanks you to kabam. For the first time in just over 2 years I can fight to the end of a quest but not be able to handle the boss. I don't have a guardian or an avenger ranked up strong enough to handle that Ultron. 4* ban means I can't justify ranking anyone up. Not a single penny out of my pocket ever again because of this decision. Still extremely angry about this garbage decision. And after watching seatins Livestream in act 4 it's obvious that you are lying about 4*s not being able to handle the content. Worst company ever.

I think you can use 4* in the fury quest. The 4* restriction is only for Act 6

• SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

Are the Cavalier crystals going to reflect the same time certain champions are permanently added to the PHC, Basic 5*, and Basic 6* crystal pools alike?
    zeezee57 said:

Cleared Act 6 for the Cavalier title, great rewards for all my hard work. Thank God for champ restrictions, this will help with exploration in a major way along with all the 3* from all my Cavalier crystals.

My opinion not worth the rank up... he prob won’t help you clear most of act 6.

As far as I know 3* are still restricted from act 6 also.
  • Mattj28Mattj28 Posts: 10
    xNig said:

Variant Back Issues : Class Restriction.
    Danger Rooms : Rarity Restriction.
    Nick Fury's Intel Missions : Tag Restriction.

We have already allowed it to happen for quite some time now.

As mentioned many times, I'm not supportive of the 4* ban but after reading what @DarthHaas posted above, the 5* restriction makes sense. If we look at Class Restriction based on Variant alone, despite that restriction, people were exploring variant less than a week after it was released.

Variant is a special event, special events they can do whatever they want to, story quest are different and shouldn’t be gated at all, think of the story as the main quests and special as the side quests,

I finished variant early but yet can’t get pass crossbones, I have a decently stacked roster but no decent bleed immune, it that my fault or the RNG of crystals, variant you can play around with diffrent options of champs you normally wouldn’t touch like gambit, dr Oct etc, me attempting act 6 with a king groot isn’t the same, everyone has nearly every champ at diffrent star rating. But banning 4* it cuts your options in half

I'm satisfied. great job on act 6
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Awfully silent here.

A little too much over-reaction in the first place? 😂😂

Nope, still angry. Even more so when I was able to play it. How long will it take to get all of the champions needed for exploration? Several years as I refuse to spend any more money on the game due to them ignoring & angering the community on 3 different topics in the last week! I believe I could fully explore it with my 4* champions, and one suggestion made by several other people before was quite good there: Keep the restrictions for the initial run if you really have to, but allow Cavaliers (which you can track) to use 4* champions in Act 6.1 afterwards. They can easily take on every single opponent, Kabam just wants to restrict our utility so that we spend more money on FGMCs. But guess what: I´m done with that!
    However: You, xNig, have prooven something: You are a troll, you want the community to be angry. You want us to rant about a topic. Otherwise, you would be happy that people are getting silent, but no: You basically demand us to come back and write down out opinion about the restrictions.
    Well, from the sharp decline of angry posts once 6.1 was released, I was wondering whether the bulk of people who were posting angrily here felt that they have over reacted in the first place.

If you have read my previous posts, I have been telling everyone to look at the rationale behind Kabam’s reasoning, chill, and comment AFTER the act drops, not before.
    Yeah, I have commented after Act 6.1 dropped. And I´m still angry. So, what? I still don´t see any reason why we cannot bring in 4* champions apart from making money
    You might wanna read Midknight007's post above.

Being angry solves nothing. If you still don't see any reason, look back at all the posts that arguments and rationales were put forth and think, without being so blindsided by your rage.
    I have read it. Just because I don´t comment on something doesn´t mean I don´t read it.

There are no reasons why 4*s are banned from Act 6. If there were any reasons, this discussion would not have over 70 pages!
    Actually, there are reasons... you are unwilling to accept them.

There is a huge difference. Unfortunately, it is borderline ignorance on your behalf. I am using the correct term too, as you are ignoring Kabam’s response on any and all levels. They made it 100% clear, but 90% of the 70 pages are “I can’t use this 4* or that 4*” or “I ranked this 4* or that 4*”. Those choices were on existing content and AQ/AW. This is new content with a different perspective that does fit with your previous style of gameplay.

Instead of adjust and working towards something, which I have since the release of 6*’s... you simply want Kabam to change to your old-style play of relying on 4*. Kabam stated when they released Gwenpool Goes to the Movie that they were seeing people bring the same champs. They also stated with Variant they placed restrictions on chapters to highlight champs people do not use often and have viable alternatives to nodes.

It should have come as no surprise that a restriction might go the opposite way and restrict lower rarity champs. This forces players to either wait or look for alternatives within their current roster.

I have a ton of possible counters to several paths and I only have 85 5*’s (most being 2015 and 2016). The thing I am concerned about is 6* gates. I only have 11... I am in a Gold 1 alliance (though we might place in Gold 2 due to what tanking may have done to the tilts this time around) and I don’t spend like COW. The 6* restriction is the one we should be worried about, especially if they stagger a class restriction on the mission.
    You serious ?

first off 85 5*’s and 11 6* and you spend money on the game. Of course you understand where the f2p players are coming from. All us measly pheasants who have to grind are lucky if we even have half of that roster.
    You don't care for the restriction because it has very little affect on you, maybe it might of caused a slight annoyance because you lost a synergy or two, but seriously. Then in the same post you are berating people because they want to use their 4* you state they should of seen it coming and changed their game play, you say you are worried about the 6* restriction. Why are you worried because you only got 11 ? The restrictions and possible match ups mean you won't have counters ? well dam maybe you should change your style of play and stop relying on 5*

• Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Over reaction, no I don't think so.

I think the reaction this got was well justified. Saying people should of waited before reacting is also not true when the issue is so widely disliked. From what i have gathered over these pages even those who don't mind or have tried to give the opposite viewpoint, if given the choice would have kabam remove the restriction or disagree with it being used a gating barrier.

Going through the content I can see so many very specific mechanics and match ups that there is a very limited number of champions that can handle those matches effectively. So 100% exploration definitely will take some time and require some good luck on crystals for a lot of players.

Kabam said they aiming to improve the accumulation of 5* and resources to rank them and we have seen some of those changes so we will see things stack up over the coming months.

Also i did read something about someone saying Kabam didn't have enough time to inform the community any sooner then the week they gave us. Well i disagree with that seeing as i'm pretty sure they would of gone into the development of Act6 with the idea of restricting it to 5/6* from the offset which is clear from Kabam Mikes post regarding future restrictions with X no of 5/6*s which i would take to mean chapter 2/3 or 4, which we won't see for months. So kabam had ample opportunity to inform the community or even using one of the many side events they released (such as the maze) to apply this restriction and gain feedback would of been the best way to have approached this.

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    well, just completed it and got 6* drax. but overall feel a little... bored. I used 5* r4 hype, sl, 6* r1 sentinel, r2 rulk, and switched between r4 gp, pm and 6* gulk. I'd day 6.1 is a little boring. and 4* ban is defenetly a bad thing
    overall variant was more interesting for me
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's not really ridiculous at all when you consider the drop rate of the Cavalier Crystal. If you're giving access to Rosters that aren't that far along, with rates like that, you're throwing off the whole balance of the game.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,037 ★★★★★

It's not really ridiculous at all when you consider the drop rate of the Cavalier Crystal. If you're giving access to Rosters that aren't that far along, with rates like that, you're throwing off the whole balance of the game.

One cler shuld alow 4 star becasse no way to beat it 100 procent free to play and not being in tooop
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    The more time I've thought about it, it really as bad as some of us are making it to be. Sure we would love to have resources we spent or time we spent on ranking up our 4*s, but we need to just give it time and not be quick to respond with anger and frustration. In addition, remember if you are not having fun or upset then you can leave if you choose. Kabam isn't forcing you to play. That is a choice we make as members of the community. I have a small 5* roster myself (Ironman OG Rank 2, Iceman Rank 2, IronPatriot, and Gwenpool) yet I'm hopeful when I get to it to enjoy it and work on completing as time allows.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

matters only if you're ready to whale, plus odds to get good 6* are pretty low.
    also if devs would've care about balance, there wouldn't be such a gigantic gap between god tier champs and trash ones. as it is now, you only need some luck to have double immune champ to take down crossbones
    I said many, many pages before. When all reasoning fails, look to the Rewards. Look at some of the drop results. If you're giving access to Crystals with those rates to Rosters that aren't far enough along, you're upsetting the balance of game play itself. It doesn't matter if people below a certain point CAN do it. It's about balance among progression levels.
    People probably won't like it, but no one likes being excluded from something. Doesn't mean it's not necessary.
    That does nothing to solve the point I raised. That can be done with 4*s and an underdeveloped 5* Roster.