**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Take 3*s out of Cavalier Crystals

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Lurker said:

Lormif said:

I decided to give the cavalier crystals a shot. Bought 12 of them.. 9 3*s and 3 4*s...

This is the first and last time I purchase a crystal with units on this account.

I bought some as well, about 200 worth and got 6 5*s, your poor luck does not mean they are bad.
    @Lormif

I'm not sure I am reading this right. you bought approximately 200 crystals? roughly 40,000 units? and got 6 5*?

statistically you should've gotten 2 6* and 22 5* but claim you had reasonable luck getting 6 5*?

I feel like there are some words missing from your post or you meant that you bought 20 instead of 200...
    $200 WORTH, well really 20 crystals, Shoot I opened 2 of the crystals immeidately and they were both 5 stars, dormomu and cyclopes.
  • AlikattAlikatt Posts: 7
    Scored three 5*s and a 6* from about 16 crystals. Not too shabby, however I agree with the majority, boot the 3s.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    I say delete everything below 6*... I mean really we do not need them... Also get rid of half of the 6* they are not as good either. Also maybe get rid of ranking up champs... lets just pull them how they fight. get a crystal bam good to go.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I opened 10 yesterday.

2 5s (1 god tier)
    3 4s
    5 3s

I think the balance is good lol

I opened 10 yesterday.

2 5s (1 god tier)
    3 4s
    5 3s

I think the balance is good lol

my latest odin pull, another post, was 6 5*s, I also had another draw with a 6* sabertooth, and 5* OG spiderman and CG.
  • _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    People went crazy when kabam increased the droprate to 5% for 5stars. Now they complain about 11% droprate...just wow
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

Why is this even an argument or a debate? Just take out the 3*s, I mean seriously!!!! What a joke! I mean it's bad enough you have 4*s in Act 6 Crystals that no one can use, but your still including 3*s!? And stop saying Kabam will lose money if they don't do this or that, they will lose money by continuously screwing over their loyal players. 3*s should not be in any version of the Act 6 Cavalier Crystals Period! OMG!

....no
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. Taking the 3*s out of them would accelerate progression faster. Let's say you take them out. Then 4*s have to become the most common pull, then 5*s, then 6*s. No one would catch up to that. The odds are decent as it is.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Why is this even an argument or a debate?

Because asking to increase the rewards in the Cavalier crystal is like asking to double Domino's bleed damage.

If players don't like the 3* champs in the crystal, they can just pretend the crystal drops nothing half the time. That would *still* make it an incredibly valuable crystal.
    Starhawk said:

IKON said:

If they remove 3*, the cost would be 400 units per. Think of it as free 4* shards instead.

It is hard to think of it as free 4* shards when you are speculating the cost if 3* were not included. I might as well speculate the cost would be 50 units if 2* were included.
    This isn't random speculation. If the 3* champs were removed and all other drop ratios remained the same, that would roughly double the value of the crystal. That pretty much guarantees that it would cost at least twice as much. *At least* because there's often a premium for less randomness in rewards, over and above the calculable value.

For the cost to be 50 units, the 2* champs added would have to displace the existing drops in such a way that all 4*, 5*, and 6* drops were reduced to a quarter of their drop odds. You'd be looking at something like 75% of all drops being 2* champs and 89% of all drops being 2* or 3* for the unit cost to drop to somewhere in that vicinity.

Forget free. For most players capable of getting this crystal, sometimes the crystal drops 4* shards, sometimes 5* shards, and sometimes 5* or 6* champs. How much shards it drops depends on what percentage of all 3* and 4* champs the player has, and what percentage of them are max sig. So even among top players, there is a benefit to maxing out 3* and 4* champs, because it increases the value of crystals like this. The design of the crystal offers a small bonus to players that rank up efficiently.
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    edited March 2019
    Simple fix, make the drop rate on 3*s 2%. If they're so bent on them being included at least lower the drop rate to make it rare to pull them
    2% on 3*s? Why not just make them all 6*s? LOL.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    I'm sorry but no, i became cavalier within 2 hours of it going live, these crystals are ridiculously good as they are... but at the same time, they've caused the game to slip even more into a pay to win scenario... lemme put it this way... STATISTICALLY SPEAKING, in 20,000 units you can get...
    49 3 stars
    38 4 stars
    11 5 stars
    1 6 star

The top whales can easily get multiple 5 and 6 stars with these crystals constantly, while ftp players are going to get severely left behind, i myself rarely spend, i cant afford to unfortunately, neither can a large amount of the playerbase, but thats how it is.

on the brightside, if you grind arena, i can see 5 star feature arena scores going down soon, since whose going to spend 10,000 units and 3 days grinding away to get a 5 star featured champ, when in those 10,000 units its highly likely you'll get way more 5 stars from the cavalier crystal... especially if they ever introduce a featured cavalier crystal

Alpha Scorpion

Simple fix, make the drop rate on 3*s 2%. If they're so bent on them being included at least lower the drop rate to make it rare to pull them

Sure. 1% for 6*, 11% for 5*, 38% for 4*, 2% for 3*. And what would you like to have happen for the other 48% of the crystals? I should say, for the other 48% of *your* crystals, because I'll keep taking the 3* drops. Kabam isn't shoving even more 4*, 5*, and 6* champions into your crystals, so I'm assuming you'd be happy with the crystal dropping a sad face that then melts on your screen.

If you don't want to see them, I have no problem with Kabam in their spare time figuring out how to make it so you never see them again. But you aren't getting more stuff in a crystal that already has a nose-bleed level of reward that frankly I'm honestly slightly afraid they'll nerf before I get a chance to buy any of them. The drop rates look like an intern made a mistake in Excel.
    DNA3000 said:

Sure. 1% for 6*, 11% for 5*, 38% for 4*, 2% for 3*. And what would you like to have happen for the other 48% of the crystals? I should say, for the other 48% of *your* crystals, because I'll keep taking the 3* drops. Kabam isn't shoving even more 4*, 5*, and 6* champions into your crystals, so I'm assuming you'd be happy with the crystal dropping a sad face that then melts on your screen.

If you don't want to see them, I have no problem with Kabam in their spare time figuring out how to make it so you never see them again. But you aren't getting more stuff in a crystal that already has a nose-bleed level of reward that frankly I'm honestly slightly afraid they'll nerf before I get a chance to buy any of them. The drop rates look like an intern made a mistake in Excel.
    Doesn't really bother me one way or the other but they really shouldn't be in the crystal. Anyone at the level to complete that kind of content can't make use of 2 blocks of ISO and 55 4* shards (unless the champ is max Sig), its a fact. If they have to have them in the crystal so people can't overload on higher tier champs they shouldn't be the majority of what you're getting from those crystals.

The increased drop rates are awesome on the 4 and 5*s I applaud them for that but the fact that more than likely you're going to get a 3* is trash.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    This is seriously the best crystal they’ve ever offered and you people are whining

MIND BLOWNS
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Doesn't really bother me one way or the other but they really shouldn't be in the crystal. Anyone at the level to complete that kind of content can't make use of 2 blocks of ISO and 55 4* shards (unless the champ is max Sig), its a fact. If they have to have them in the crystal so people can't overload on higher tier champs they shouldn't be the majority of what you're getting from those crystals.

The increased drop rates are awesome on the 4 and 5*s I applaud them for that but the fact that more than likely you're going to get a 3* is trash.
    You are never going to get a crystal that isn't mostly going to give you what you don't need. If it only gave you 4*s-6*s at this price it would be game breaking.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's amazing that people are complaining about the best crystal the game has ever had. It didn't exist a few days ago and now it needs a buff lmao

DNA3000 said:

We can always make sense of it, I assume you are not at the level that it actually matters for you. In fact you are not "more likely" to get 3*s, you are just as likely. to get anything else, as the chance to get a 3* is 50%, not 51. you want to break the game, as someone who has just bought a couple hundred dollars worth of these crystals, I would prefer not to.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

Ive actually been playing for over a year

and wat is your point?

DNA3000 said:

Doesn't really bother me one way or the other but they really shouldn't be in the crystal. Anyone at the level to complete that kind of content can't make use of 2 blocks of ISO and 55 4* shards (unless the champ is max Sig), its a fact.
    That's not a fact, that's just your guess and your guess is wrong. There are players even at very high progress levels that are, say, short on gold. ISO can be sold for gold, so that's still a resource they can use. Rather than guess, its perfectly fine if the crystal awards a 3* champ, and some players get a new champ because they don't have all the 3* champs (and even high tier players collect champs just to have them), some players get the dup rewards of ISO and 4* shards, and some players get the dup rewards and the max signature crystal.

It is possible to "convert" the 3* and 4* champs into "5* currency." The 4* could simply drop 275 5* shards, and the 3* could simply drop 7 5* shards (55 4* shards is 55/2000 of a 4*, which itself is worth 275 5* shards on duplication). But doing that conversion just to satisfy players like you that think "they don't belong there" isn't worth it. Why hurt other players and take away options just to satisfy the hang ups of a few players?
    Drooped2 said:

DNA3000 said:

Well if that's the case I dont need gold so my arena crystal should only contain units as that's all I want.. I'll spend them on Cavaliers and sell iso :)
    Well heck as long as we're only getting what we need, I really only need a lot of 6* champion pulls so if all my daily, arena, quest, and champion crystals contained only 6* champion drops then I wouldn't really need to use units to buy Cavalier crystals any more. I'd get ISO and gold from the dups so I'd be good there.
    Yeah. U guys have fun with this convo. Like I said earlier not only am I not even going for cavalier the crystals don't bother me 😂😂 they can buff them or not. It won't change the game in a way that actually means anything. The FACT is if you're not using these crystals to get new champions your units are better spent elsewhere but how other people play doesn't matter to me so.....
    Buff the most powerful crystal ever!
    Buff the crystal that is gunna allow Cavaliers to pull away from non-cavaliers at light speed.
    Buff the crystal that gives me a one in 10 chance of 5* for only 200 units!
    How many 5* crystals would u buy if they were 2000 units?
    How many would you still buy even if they were 3000 units?

this crystal just Buffs the **** outta anyone that buys them.
    so hang on, lets make it better.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
    something good happens and people still **** all over it.
    I'm not sure where the whole concept of "They shouldn't offer 3*s and 4*s from the Crystal you get from Act 6 because you can't use them in Act 6." comes from but it's right along the same line of thinking as "They shouldn't have a 4* Offer because we can't use them in Act 6.". It's a case of seeing through one's own eyes too much.
    There's nothing that says that everything you get from Act 6 must pertain directly to Act 6, any more than everything in the game must do the same. The Champion system has multiple Rarities, but it's cumulatively progressive. 3*s lead to 4*s, 4*s lead to 5*s, 5*s lead to 6*s. There literally is no such thing as being past any Rarity. People can choose to focus on some and forget about the others, but that doesn't mean the game does the same. That's just what people are focusing on personally. It's not some kind of insult. It's not even personal. It's the way the game is structured. Given the fact that they give the best access to the highest Rarities currently in the game, they SHOULD be in it. Something has to balance out the pulls.
    biggest thing is just cus act 6 has 4* restriction doesnt mean u cant us them eleswhere.
    Varient for example,
    synergies for LOL,
    dungeons,
    arena,
    wateva other content comes who knows