**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With so many people getting 6 stars now from cavalier crystals...

A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Is the 5 star gem even worth the 5000 Intel anymore 😅 I haven't pulled a 6 star yet in my 12 cavalier crystals but hopefully that'll change 😅

Alpha Scorpion

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    5* gems are still hard to get. I think it's worth it.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    It also depends on how many champions you have that would benefit a lot from being awakened
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

Is the 5 star gem even worth the 5000 Intel anymore 😅 I haven't pulled a 6 star yet in my 12 cavalier crystals but hopefully that'll change 😅

Alpha Scorpion

May not be your situation, but I will spend my Intel on 6* shards to top off a crystal and T2a shards. But I have 5 5* AGs across 4 classes. What I need are champs I can use cats on.

Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    With these types of markets, worth it is always relative to where you're at and what you need most. It all just depends on what would serve you best where you're at now. I always look at two things: 1) what would save me the most time, and 2) what is the rarest.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    DNA3000 said:

Alpha Scorpion

Here's an answer I don't think you'll want to hear. Today, I think it is worth it. But one day, maybe in a year, maybe two, it won't be. Do you do things to maximize your benefits today, or are you the kind of person that looks back years and regrets doing things in the past that aren't as good of a decision today?

Everyone has to balance the needs of today and the obsolescence of tomorrow. And everyone balances that differently.
    Yes that's a very good point..

That's my roster as it stands, planning on taking corvus and potentially wasp to r2 eventually since 6 stars are the future... But I have aegon, korg, Killmonger, omega, emma and more who would hugely benefit from a dupe not to mention I have a R4 to 5 skill gem from variant just sat around as well as multiple r3 to 4 gems... So for me, maybe... Or can focus on 6 stars but everyone is different

Alpha Scorpion
    DrZola said:

Alpha Scorpion

May not be your situation, but I will spend my Intel on 6* shards to top off a crystal and T2a shards. But I have 5 5* AGs across 4 classes. What I need are champs I can use cats on.

Dr. Zola
    Very true Zola! As mentioned everyone is in a different position... I think the t2a and t5b will benefit me more than the gem, since only 2 classes stand out where a gem is needed (mutant and skill) I currently have 3 cosmic 5 star gems and 1 mutant just sat there too (which I planned to save if I ever got a havok or sinister ... Tough to say for sure!

Alpha Scorpion
    I mean, if you wanted to, you could test the RNG for a Skill or Cosmic. However, I wouldn't say it's a great necessity at your stage considering you have a number Awakened. It all depends on what you want.

I mean, if you wanted to, you could test the RNG for a Skill or Cosmic. However, I wouldn't say it's a great necessity at your stage considering you have a number Awakened. It all depends on what you want.

My rng has been very up and down... But I suppose you have a point! But again with 6 stars being more available it's the decision of whether a 5 star gem would be that beneficial or getting a short way towards another r2 6 star for the future! 🤔
    edited March 2019
    TBH, I'd go with the rarest Mats in your case. At least you know you'll use them no matter what. Too risky to try for a Gem and get the Class you don't want.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

DrZola said:

Alpha Scorpion

Dr. Zola
    Very true Zola! As mentioned everyone is in a different position... I think the t2a and t5b will benefit me more than the gem, since only 2 classes stand out where a gem is needed (mutant and skill) I currently have 3 cosmic 5 star gems and 1 mutant just sat there too (which I planned to save if I ever got a havok or sinister ... Tough to say for sure!

Alpha Scorpion
    Those champs...I think I just soiled myself. I feel weak.

Dr. Zola

P.S. Love the signoff. Never post without it.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Alpha Scorpion

Dr. Zola

Alpha Scorpion
    Those champs...I think I just soiled myself. I feel weak.

Dr. Zola

P.S. Love the signoff. Never post without it.
    I've had some up and down luck... I grind a heck of alot of arena too! And have 100% variant so I got alot to play around with! Still alot I'm missing..

Thanks for all your opinions guys! 👍

Alpha Scorpion
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Lot of champions need high signature level, so they will be better as 5stars for long time
  • ClatoniusClatonius Posts: 209 ★★

Alpha Scorpion

not really but if its a generic then yes