**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Symbiote Supreme

Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
Hey so I just pulled SS today out of a featured and r3d him (need to wait on t2a)
Is he worth r4? Is he worth a 5* Mystic AG?
High sig?
Any advice would be amazing as nobody in my alliance really has him?

I have a r5 magik, r4 voodoo, r4 dorm, r3 mephisto awoken and r3 Unduped Gr (no 5* Trinity tho)

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I don't think he requires his signature ability to be good. I recommend taking him up to r4, he has a lot of utility, especially against buff heavy champs like medusa and hyperion. Go check out some of Seatin's videos on Symbiote Supreme before you make a final decision.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Sounds like ranking him up would be redundant considering you already have some of the best mystics ranked already. I think his main use is staggering buffs and you have Magik and DV that deals with buffs. I can’t imagine you needing/wanting to rank him up other than just to make him useful.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    My other option is also being lucky enough to pull Emma Frost today as well maybe be better to focus on ranking her although again don't know much about
    Emma is good and doesn’t need sig. she has a lot of utility with her immunities and can deal some solid damage.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Sounds like ranking him up would be redundant considering you already have some of the best mystics ranked already. I think his main use is staggering buffs and you have Magik and DV that deals with buffs. I can’t imagine you needing/wanting to rank him up other than just to make him useful.

It would be a little redundant but Symbiote supreme is far better than voodoo or magik in terms of buff match ups. I have rank 4 voodoo and a rank 4 SS and if I could rank 5 one of them SS is just a straight up better option. Voodoo is more of a swiss army knife champion so if you need a lot of varied utility he's great but for those specific match ups like medusa, the champion etc SS is king. Take act 6 for example, in the last chapter there is a path with regeneration and a node that makes champions unblockable while regenerating. Voodoo or magik can't constantly keep the regen buff under control while with SS the buffs are constantly under lock making the path very easy, one of the few champions that can. He also has better damage than voodoo in longer fights so in the right match ups in further content like variant and act 6 SS ranked up will be a well worth it.
    Sungj said:

V1PER1987 said:

It would be a little redundant but Symbiote supreme is far better than voodoo or magik in terms of buff match ups. I have rank 4 voodoo and a rank 4 SS and if I could rank 5 one of them SS is just a straight up better option. Voodoo is more of a swiss army knife champion so if you need a lot of varied utility he's great but for those specific match ups like medusa, the champion etc SS is king. Take act 6 for example, in the last chapter there is a path with regeneration and a node that makes champions unblockable while regenerating. Voodoo or magik can't constantly keep the regen buff under control while with SS the buffs are constantly under lock making the path very easy, one of the few champions that can. He also has better damage than voodoo in longer fights so in the right match ups in further content like variant and act 6 SS ranked up will be a well worth it.
    That’s interesting and good to know. Is SS walled by bleed immune champs though? I’ve heard that if the opponent cannot bleed, he loses a lot of effectiveness.
  • Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    Sym supreme is like a mystic AA wheb dealing with buffs on champs that can bleed. Literally none better in the game. He still hits very hard on champs that gain buff and can’t bleed or vice versa.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I keep both magik and ss in my questing team— SS is much more viable for the Medusa’s of the world (you don’t really want to drop a magik L3 to nullify 3 fury buffs) while magik is arguably better for Hyperion (or any power gain nodes—or champs with hard to avoid specials) for me they serve vastly different purposes.
  • trey92008trey92008 Posts: 101
    edited March 2019
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    When SS is good he's absolutely amazing. Like mentioned before you're already pretty heavy in mystics but I think you'll find Voodoo taking a back seat to SS if you rank him up.... not always but a majority of the time. SS, Magik and Voodoo are all amazing but in different ways. SS doesn't need to be awakened, more of a nice to have but of course it will help his prestige if that matters. Frost is nice but if you already have Iceman ranked she seems redundant to me, others will probably disagree, but she's a good champ to have. I'd pick SS over her though. My SS is R3 unfortunately but won't be for long, he didn't quite make the last cut. Even at R3 I'm surprised how fast he can finish fights after getting to his first special 3. He needs MD more than most mystics if that matters to you though. Good luck.
  • DragonsniperRhQDragonsniperRhQ Posts: 78
    SS is the go to champ for Medusa and Hyperion. Like Voodoo, he can nullify however he applies bleed which neither Med nor Hype are immune to. Once you get that special 3 it's game over. I have him as a 4* and at 4/40 I solod a Hyperion on the power gain mini boss of AW. In just 32 hits! That's insane considering he only had 9k health and 900 attack. As a player with 4* and 5* Voodoo, having SS as a sidekick won't hurt. Check out Lagacy's video about SS as well as Seatin! Also his defense mode, forgot what it was called, is CLUTCH he can tank special 3s should you ever f'up.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    trey92008 said:
    Does executing his sp3 depends on the buff on him?
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

That’s interesting and good to know. Is SS walled by bleed immune champs though? I’ve heard that if the opponent cannot bleed, he loses a lot of effectiveness.

Yeah, bleed immune fights make his damage very underwhelming. It's not that big of a problem if the opponent is fairly buff heavy as you can still keep up some damage. The thing about SS is that he is the best or excels in a limited amount of fights is good for a lot and terrible for a few. Kinda like a more specific archangel. Oh and you need at least 3 points in MD to use him to his full potential, I run 3 and It's worked great.