**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Most powerful champ based on their power in comics

I’m thinking rouge or sentinels
Thoughts?

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Comics it depends on whose writing strength wise hulk, all around powers Phoenix. This is based on characters in this game
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Scarlet witch, ultron, and Thanos have all been major threats at different times, with SW manipulating reality on a large scale
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I’m thinking rouge or sentinels
    Thoughts?

Depends on who is writing those comics, honestly.

Candidates:

Phoenix. The Phoenix Force in Marvel Comics embodies the life force of the Universe as a whole, and has theoretically almost unlimited power.

Dormammu. Dormammu is essentially an extradimensional mystical god. He's fueled by worship like many gods, and has very few limits upon his power to control magic forces.

Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider is the spirit of vengeance in the Marvel comics universe, essentially a servant of the Creator. He's only limited by the influence of the mortal being he inhabits: Dr. Strange believed at one point that at his full strength even World Breaker Hulk was no match for Ghost Rider. It is possible he cannot be permanently defeated or destroyed, and cannot be indefinitely resisted, as he is a literal force of the universe.

Void. The Void is the dark side of the Sentry, and has basically however much power the writers choose to give him, up to and including being able to defeat anyone and anything.

Sentry. "A million exploding suns." Which is a meaningless statement, but translates into "however power the writer wants him to be." One comic he can be defeated by someone throwing a rock and hitting him in the forehead. Next comic he's fighting World Breaker Hulk to a stalemate.

Mephisto. Mephisto is basically the Marvel Comics version of the devil. He's not normally depicted as having or using supremely high levels of physical power, but he's basically immortal, indestructible, and possessing almost infinite evil magical power.

Dr. Strange. Depending on the comic and when the story is taking place, he's the sorcerer supreme of the main Marvel universe. As mortals go, with his extremely vast knowledge and skill of magic, he's probably the singularly most powerful mortal in the universe.

Honorable mentions:

Juggernaut. The Juggernaut is an avatar of Cyttorak, an extradimensional being comparable in power to Dormammu. At his full power he is almost as powerful as that god-like being, albeit limited to physical power.

Iceman. Currently, Iceman is an omega-level mutant that can manipulate energy on vast scales, which he normally uses to make things cold, but can also be used for what seems to be almost unlimited things. He can dissolve and reform his physical body at will, he can make animated golems of ice, it is possible he can't be killed by conventional means, and can manipulate energy in ways that have nothing to do with cold.

Gambit. Gambit has the ability to manipulate potential energy contained within matter. Normally, this involves him charging objects like playing cards and turning them into detonating weapons. But in the comic books it was established not long ago that his full potential is enormous, and he can in extreme cases control that energy to in effect have almost full control over all matter and energy, and an alternate reality version of him became an almost Phoenix-like entity with full control over matter and energy. He was also once a horseman of Apocalypse and was given additional powers that he might still have.

@DNA3000 Blue Marvel may be stronger than Sentry. Can't find the rest of this comic, it sounds like Sentry needed the Avengers and a cheap shot to take down Blue Marvel:

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    If i'm interpreting the question correctly, Which I may or may not be, I think the most powerful champ in the game that matches his power in the comics is either Hyperion or Void. Just based on how powerful they are in-game translated from how powerful they are in the comics.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

@DNA3000 Blue Marvel may be stronger than Sentry. Can't find the rest of this comic, it sounds like Sentry needed the Avengers and a cheap shot to take down Blue Marvel:

Definitely possible, but the way I interpreted the question Blue Marvel isn't currently a champion in the game. If we were talking about all Marvel characters then of course that would open the door to beings like Franklin Richards and The Beyonder, among many others.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Definitely possible, but the way I interpreted the question Blue Marvel isn't currently a champion in the game. If we were talking about all Marvel characters then of course that would open the door to beings like Franklin Richards and The Beyonder, among many others.

Good call, insert whoosh sound effect when I read this thread
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    If we talk about living creatures, wich eliminates Dorm, GR, Mephisto, Phoenix, that are, imo the most powerful being in MCoC, that leaves us with...
    The Hulk. Just read World war Hulk and close the book...
    Thor is a close second.

If we talk about living creatures, wich eliminates Dorm, GR, Mephisto, Phoenix, that are, imo the most powerful being in MCoC, that leaves us with...
    Thor is a close second.

If the only book you read is World War Hulk, the logical conclusion is that the Hulk and Sentry are about even in power, and don't mess with Tony Stark when he controls a satellite arsenal overhead.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Thanos
    Dormammu

• NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If the only book you read is World War Hulk, the logical conclusion is that the Hulk and Sentry are about even in power, and don't mess with Tony Stark when he controls a satellite arsenal overhead.

I've started reading comic book at around 11, 42 years ago, so, I've read my share of comic books....Ok, then, if we want to push the concept farther...
    We all know that Hyperion is the Marvel equivalent to Superman. In a Marvel DC crossover, Supe barely moved from the Hulk's hits. So, I guess that Hype must be more powerful than Hulk... :):):)

DNA3000 said:

I've started reading comic book at around 11, 42 years ago, so, I've read my share of comic books
    Not sure why you're mentioning this, since I wasn't questioning your readership. You're the one that suggested that book was the beginning and end of the situation, not me.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    If they would just release jubilee as a champ, we could end this debate!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Dark Phoenix. Hands down.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Based on quetion if i understand ,balance between comics and game , so same power wise in game from comics are
    Hyperion (he is power ful in comics and in game)
    Void (he is powerful in comics and in game)
    Iceman
    Wolverine
    SW
    Ghost
    Blade
    Ghost rider
    Cap IW
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Thor is a close second.

Trion Juggernaut is more powerful than World Breaker Hulk. Doctor Strange, scarlet witch at peak power among quite a few others are stronger. Hulk has brute strength but any being with reality warping of some form could defeat him
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

I've started reading comic book at around 11, 42 years ago, so, I've read my share of comic books....Ok, then, if we want to push the concept farther...
    We all know that Hyperion is the Marvel equivalent to Superman. In a Marvel DC crossover, Supe barely moved from the Hulk's hits. So, I guess that Hype must be more powerful than Hulk... :):):)

Those crossovers are not canon and the outcomes were dictated by fan votes not comic power levels so that logic doesn't hold
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    Based on current comics, thanos by a distance, he is an abstract level threat at this moment.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    World-breaker Hulk?
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Not sure, bought one marvel comic in my life (civil war) and after Ive seen some furniture advertisement at like 4th page I was like pass, time to go back to dc
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Repto23 said:

Deadpool, he killed everyone in marvel comics... twice.

Those were some good stories
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★

Repto23 said:

Deadpool, he killed everyone in marvel comics... twice.

Those were some good stories
    And then he killed just about everyone from classic literature.

My choices for most powerful are Sentry, Pheonix, Dormammu, any of the Asgardians and Doctor Strange/Voodoo
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    Scott summers. When utilizing his full power. Those cosmic blasts have Vaporized some pretty powerful entities.. Like GONE POOF NO MORE VAPORIZED
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    LEST WE FORGET THE TIME DEADPOOL KILLED THE ENTIRE MARVEL UNIVERSE......TWICE...!!!!!
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    Has nobody mentioned Adam Warlock?
  • PIZZATIMEPIZZATIME Posts: 307
    Has anybody mentioned the fact that Squirrel GIrl beat Deadpool and Thanos tho I hate her. Also Forbush Man and Spider-Ham are also powerful. Spider-Ham can take an anvil to the head with almost no damage and pull one out of thin air.