**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Just don't have the roster to complete Fury's Recon Week 2 on Master

MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
Been playing for a while.... have no 6*, limited 5*, and what I feel is a good 4* roster overall. Managed to get through Week 1 on Master difficulty (with trouble) but just can't pull off Week 2. I mean, I could blast through my Units for more boosts, revives and heals but I am just not sure if I should. My roster has 2 Champs with PI of ~6000 eligible for week 2, then the best of the rest just aren't high enough. I *could* spend limited resources to bump up a third eligible Champ but I am so close to ranking up my 5* Gwenpool to RANK 4/5 I just can't justify it... Gwenpool is awesome.

I think I will see how my roster lines up with Weeks 3 and 4 (if you're allowed to play them without completing week 2) then loop back to make a final decision on what to spend before the event closes..... It's definitely a challenging event with the restricted rosters. Good times.

Comments

• Interesting question, about whether we will be allowed to do a later week's Fury Recon quest of the same level if we could not complete an earlier one ?? Will most likely trip up a lot of ppl during week-3 with a more limited Spiderverse/Symbiote roster (week-4 may be easier again).

As for you, got Wolverine ? (will help you stay healthy during the path). If OG male Wolvie then don't use Special attacks, let his power bar stay full so his healing is larger. How about Archangel (toxins don't transfer back to you from Sinister's SP1) or Magik, for end boss Sinister ? And if you only want to get thru it once (especially if needed to unlock further weeks) take the right path (avoid Omega Red and Sentinel).
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @SummonerNR Thank-you so much for your suggestions / advice! I really appreciate it. I will try the right path for sure (and I do have an awakened AA 4* 5/50 but a much weaker Magik).... I will let you know how the saga turns out!
  • swallace8182swallace8182 Posts: 21
    The Sentinel sucks, but your 4 star AA will carve up Sinister
  • HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
    You can play the next week without completing the previous week
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @SummonerNR @swallace8182 SummonerNR you were so right about taking the right path instead of left. Both you and swallace8182 nailed using AA against Sinister as well! Got him down to ~25% on my first attempt and then defeated him with 1 revive and handful of heals so totally worth it!! Thanks everyone.
  • scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109
    i’m the exact opposite, i had literally no good champs for the first week, only a 4/40 duped imiw. the second week was great, i melted sinister with 4/40 archangel and magik. i’ve 100% this week’s master but haven’t even tried last week lol
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I've completed the 2nd week but unfortunately, with my roster of mutant 4/40s and 2/35s, none of which is domino,
    I JUST CANNOT GET THAT FREAKIN SENTINEL DOWN (without killing 3 of my team members, that is)..
    Will continue trying but if I don't explore one week, I should still be able to get a 5 star awakening gem, am I right?
  • scxoxo said:

i’m the exact opposite, i had literally no good champs for the first week, only a 4/40 duped imiw. the second week was great, i melted sinister with 4/40 archangel and magik. i’ve 100% this week’s master but haven’t even tried last week lol

@scxoxo , so you didn’t do even a 1st pass thru Master last week, but WERE able to enter Master level this week ? That's good to know that is allowed, as it would seem to go against every other series of quests in game where you have to do 1 quest before the next, or 1 chapter before the next (even if only 1-pass thru them).
  • scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109

scxoxo said:

@scxoxo , so you didn’t do even a 1st pass thru Master last week, but WERE able to enter Master level this week ? That's good to know that is allowed, as it would seem to go against every other series of quests in game where you have to do 1 quest before the next, or 1 chapter before the next (even if only 1-pass thru them).
    yeah, i was surprised too, but that’s good since i plan to build up my avengers/guardians roster, and i seem to have the rest of the weeks covered except for the first one
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Magonus said:

@SummonerNR Thank-you so much for your suggestions / advice! I really appreciate it. I will try the right path for sure (and I do have an awakened AA 4* 5/50 but a much weaker Magik).... I will let you know how the saga turns out!

Just did it. If you can't avoid sinisters sp1, keep doing heavy parry with AA. When he is almost at 1 bar of power, stop and just keep evading until bleed/ poison finished, then hit as much as you can.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I had to do the sentinel with my 6* cable.
    At 80% health he had full analysis, one hell of a long fight baiting S1 that was.
    Next week will be the hardest for me.
    I have stark 5/50, VTD 5/50 and that's it.
    All the rest are 3/30
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    That Sentinel was the hardest part of the whole thing. The rest was pretty easy, including Sinister. I have a 5* Rank 3 Magik, which I used to get thru Sentinel, but it took a couple revives and potions. Annoying as all get-out.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    ... and I definitely don't have the roster to get thru next week's. I will try, of course, but don't anticipate it being a good deal of fun.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Magonus said:

@SummonerNR @swallace8182 SummonerNR you were so right about taking the right path instead of left. Both you and swallace8182 nailed using AA against Sinister as well! Got him down to ~25% on my first attempt and then defeated him with 1 revive and handful of heals so totally worth it!! Thanks everyone.

4* AA should be able to solo even epic sinister easy.
    just parry heavy.
    magik was the go to for sentinel. powerlocked he cant do anything
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    Sounds like y’all are all mid tier players
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    The only thing I can say is grind arena for units and take magik for power control on it.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Magonus said:

Been playing for a while.... have no 6*, limited 5*, and what I feel is a good 4* roster overall. Managed to get through Week 1 on Master difficulty (with trouble) but just can't pull off Week 2. I mean, I could blast through my Units for more boosts, revives and heals but I am just not sure if I should. My roster has 2 Champs with PI of ~6000 eligible for week 2, then the best of the rest just aren't high enough. I *could* spend limited resources to bump up a third eligible Champ but I am so close to ranking up my 5* Gwenpool to RANK 4/5 I just can't justify it... Gwenpool is awesome.

I think I will see how my roster lines up with Weeks 3 and 4 (if you're allowed to play them without completing week 2) then loop back to make a final decision on what to spend before the event closes..... It's definitely a challenging event with the restricted rosters. Good times.

Hope that helps:

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Is Vulture missing from the above pic on week 3? He is tagged as Sinister 6, so he should be good to join...
  • Vulture, yes, probably. Another listing includes him for week-3...

• PufffPufffPufffPufff Posts: 54
    Had to finish EPIC with my 4* roster as well

Used 5/50 Rogue, 5/50 AA, 5/50 Domino plus wolverine & magneto for extra damage synergies.

Hardest fight is Sentinel as mentioned earlier, both Domino and AA tears through sinister. Used Rogue mostly to clear the path, spamming SP2 to wipe the powerbar. Just play patiently against Sentinel and bait the specials, they both easy to evade (even on full analysis)...just dont panic.

Guess 4* champs still have a use here and there...LOL
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★

I've completed the 2nd week but unfortunately, with my roster of mutant 4/40s and 2/35s, none of which is domino,
    I JUST CANNOT GET THAT FREAKIN SENTINEL DOWN (without killing 3 of my team members, that is)..
    Will continue trying but if I don't explore one week, I should still be able to get a 5 star awakening gem, am I right?

Just did the sentinel today. The pic @Reference posted showed Phoenix which had class advantage against sentinel so used her and worked fine. Try that, magik also did decent damage when I tried it first time. Other than AA the rest of the team I used for power gain synergies.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    Used 2/35 both red mag red cyclops and 4/40 wolvie, magik and storm. It was tough. Used one revive on master on the sentinel path as got lucky with an epic 70 hit combo with mags on sinister. The easier path I used three revives and a bunch of pots. I'm definitely not great at this game...

Next week I've 3/45 doc oc, 2/45 carnahe, 4/40 og Spiderman and a choice of electro or goblin at 3/30.

Final week, 5/50 gwenpool, 4/40 Luke, 2/35 yondu and 4/40 and 2/35 Electra.

I know my place; masters is all I can do at a stretch!